Quoted from TAGG
Don't know ye mate but fukin nice one.

link?
Posted by: lukeo, January 30, 2018, 10:02pm; Reply: 3
Run down please??
Posted by: OneLove, January 30, 2018, 10:03pm; Reply: 4
whats he say?
Posted by: TAGG, January 30, 2018, 10:05pm; Reply: 5
He said everything that we have been saying on here with the passion and heart of a true fan.
Don't know how to do a link sorry.
Posted by: TAGG, January 30, 2018, 10:06pm; Reply: 6
He said everything that we have been saying on here with the passion and heart of a true fan.
Don't know how to do a link sorry.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 30, 2018, 10:07pm; Reply: 7
He said what we all think. And i flipping hope you’re listening John
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 30, 2018, 10:26pm; Reply: 8

Missed it......can someone post a link to Barry's rant please.......
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 30, 2018, 10:27pm; Reply: 9
Doesn’t sound like a rant sounds like some harsh realities
Posted by: lee65, January 30, 2018, 10:29pm; Reply: 10
It was passionate but measured, and summed up how bad it is. Well done Barry
Posted by: TAGG, January 30, 2018, 10:32pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

Not a rant mate.
It was a heartfelt statement on what has happened to our great club, why it has happened and what should be done about it.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2018, 10:33pm; Reply: 12

There won't be a link to it. You will have to wait for the podcast of the whole show and skip to the end. Only the words of the managers and sometimes players are put up in isolation.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, January 30, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 13
Personally know him, passionate Town fan, he was the same at the fans forum, questioning Fenty, and he was one of the fans that Marley tried to belittle.
Posted by: Croxton, January 30, 2018, 11:16pm; Reply: 14
Well done Barry. Thanks for not interrupting him Simon Clark. Hairs on the neck!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 30, 2018, 11:29pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Croxton
Well done Barry. Thanks for not interrupting him Simon Clark. Hairs on the neck!

Or telling him to shut up  ::)
Posted by: mirrorballman, January 31, 2018, 12:12am; Reply: 16
Audio is here. Absolutely superb, passionate and angry but never loses control. I know I couldn't have stayed that calm.
[tweet]958475999729078275[/tweet]
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 31, 2018, 12:15am; Reply: 17
Quoted from mirrorballman
Audio is here. Absolutely superb, passionate and angry but never loses control. I know I couldn't have stayed that calm.
[tweet]958475999729078275[/tweet]

Thanks for that.......Barry was good.

Posted by: forza ivano, January 31, 2018, 12:30am; Reply: 18

Thanks for that.......Barry was good.

Surprised they let it go, some potentially libellous comments in there, re the house building. Sincerely held beliefs , I'm sure, but I have to say that IMHO the new stadium is an exercise in 'fentyism' rather than personal enrichment as was intimated. I think he is desperate to leave a 'legacy' and the fenty dome is his legacy.
I'd love to have dinner with him and try and understand the man.he keeps making bad decisions, he keeps wasting his money, he keeps taking flack, abuse and hassle and yet despite everything he thinks that he is always right. What in don't think that anyone can deny is that he's obviously a genuine fan and loves gy. He could easily move away and have a comfortable, hassle free existence, yet everyone knows who he is and where he lives and he continually puts himself in the firing line unnecessarily. A pyschologist would have a field day
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2018, 12:30am; Reply: 19
Fully agree with everything Barry said especially about lost income due to Fenty's cockups, call yourself a fan Fenty, look at the state of the club and where we are in the league and ask yourself, are you really a fan. Yes you had your moments at Wembley and Bournemouth but where are you now?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 31, 2018, 12:38am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Marinerz93
Fully agree with everything Barry said especially about lost income due to Fenty's cockups, call yourself a fan Fenty, look at the state of the club and where we are in the league and ask yourself, are you really a fan. Yes you had your moments at Wembley and Bournemouth but where are you now?

Going on from my previous post he almost has the attitude of a pro player. They might call it supreme self confidence, we mere mortals might call it arrogance, but this belief that they have talent, ability and greatness, and that only circumstances have prevented them from being world beaters.and all it takes is a change of fortune for them to be recognised as such. You only have to look at slade's deluded interviews to hear a case in point
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2018, 12:53am; Reply: 21
Quoted from forza ivano

Going on from my previous post he almost has the attitude of a pro player. They might call it supreme self confidence, we mere mortals might call it arrogance, but this belief that they have talent, ability and greatness, and that only circumstances have prevented them from being world beaters.and all it takes is a change of fortune for them to be recognised as such. You only have to look at slade's deluded interviews to hear a case in point

Agreed, spot on.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 31, 2018, 1:53am; Reply: 22
Quoted from forza ivano

I'd love to have dinner with him and try and understand the man.

Some sort of Come Dine with Me episode involving the Trust rep, Fenty, Matt Dean and....err.. the manager.

(fundraising idea for the trust though!)

Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, January 31, 2018, 7:33am; Reply: 23
[url]https://archive.org/details/Barry_20180131[/url]

Might be easier for some to access
Posted by: Bigdog, January 31, 2018, 7:51am; Reply: 24
Thanks for posting the link..

Baz Whittleton is Town through and through, and when you look past the anger and really sit back and think..

What has happened to our club and what is still happening to our club is heartbreaking, there's no other word for it..

Heartbreaking..

Slade has to go, and JF needs to outline his exit strategy today..

The rot has to stop and stop right now..

If that happens, there could be 5k there on Saturday, fans pulling for the players..

Then we kick on from there to help preserve league status

Then look to the future, which may be uncertain, but at least it would be a fresh start..
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 31, 2018, 8:04am; Reply: 25
Well done Barry. Sack the board
Posted by: Quagmire, January 31, 2018, 8:12am; Reply: 26
Absolutely spot on Barry!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 31, 2018, 8:25am; Reply: 27
Well done Barry
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, January 31, 2018, 11:32am; Reply: 28
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt

Thank you for that
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 31, 2018, 11:56am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt

Thanks it was easier for me mate,

AND

Well said Barry.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 31, 2018, 12:04pm; Reply: 30
Put Barry in charge for the rest of the season  :)
Posted by: lee65, January 31, 2018, 12:47pm; Reply: 31
Barry for SLO??
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 31, 2018, 1:15pm; Reply: 32
It deeply saddens me that Barry (and many other loyal Town fans) have so many good qualities and yet we are so badly let down by the dross at the top.  

Strangely,  the person who first springs to mind who epitimises the failings at the top is that arrogant, wind-bag accountant who insulted the fans at the Fans Forum. A Fenty man. Looking back, that night was a blueprint for the Club to fail from then on.

A fish rots from the head first.  
Posted by: mirrorballman, January 31, 2018, 1:53pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
It deeply saddens me that Barry (and many other loyal Town fans) have so many good qualities and yet we are so badly let down by the dross at the top.  

Strangely,  the person who first springs to mind who epitimises the failings at the top is that arrogant, wind-bag accountant who insulted the fans at the Fans Forum. A Fenty man. Looking back, that night was a blueprint for the Club to fail from then on.

A fish rots from the head first.  

Just listening back to it and I'm pretty sure it was Barry that Marley tells to 'shut up' at the forum. How telling and fitting is that?

Posted by: BottesfordMariner, January 31, 2018, 5:03pm; Reply: 34
I know Baz. And i know how much he cares about the club.

I agree with everything he said there and i think most fans who listen to that will agree as well.

The club is the perfect advert for how NOT to run a club. A de facto Chairman who for me has no business running the club. The list of bad decisions is endless. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see Slade has run out of ideas and simply cannot change our fortunes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.  He should have gone at least a couple of weeks ago to give someone else half a chance to change personnel /tactics.

Whats going to happen now if Town lose on Saturday (distinctly possible if not probable) and then the next game and then the next......by the time he's gone it will be too late.

barely 18 months ago we finally got ourselves out of the non-league abyss. It was a chance to move forward and take the club to where we think we should be. 3K season tickets. the feel good factor......Town were back.

Fast forward and 3 managers later we have regressed. The results are excrement...the football is really excrement . Fans are staying away in their droves. People have lost faith in the manager  the team and the board.  I know
ST holders who arent coming anymore. I am having to drag myself along and it may not be too long before i too say I've had enough of this garbage.

What feel good factor? Well JF and the board ...a right old intercourse up.

JF...you were a businessman. If someone you had employed had a track record like yours you would have got shot of therm ages ago. Go now.

Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2018, 5:46pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from BottesfordMariner

I agree with everything he said there and i think most fans who listen to that will agree as well.

The club is the perfect advert for how NOT to run a club. A de facto Chairman who for me has no business running the club. The list of bad decisions is endless. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see Slade has run out of ideas and simply cannot change our fortunes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.  He should have gone at least a couple of weeks ago to give someone else half a chance to change personnel /tactics.

Whats going to happen now if Town lose on Saturday (distinctly possible if not probable) and then the next game and then the next......by the time he's gone it will be too late.

barely 18 months ago we finally got ourselves out of the non-league abyss. It was a chance to move forward and take the club to where we think we should be. 3K season tickets. the feel good factor......Town were back.

Fast forward and 3 managers later we have regressed. The results are excrement...the football is really excrement . Fans are staying away in their droves. People have lost faith in the manager  the team and the board.  I know
ST holders who arent coming anymore. I am having to drag myself along and it may not be too long before i too say I've had enough of this garbage.

JF...you were a businessman. If someone you had employed had a track record like yours you would have got shot of therm ages ago. Go now.

Great post BottesfordMariner, but you have to ask yourself, has the product been devalued  ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 31, 2018, 5:51pm; Reply: 36

Very good post.

The thing that many need to understand is that this isn't Slade's fault. He is merely another in a long line of managers of varying capabilities that have failed at GTFC. It begs the question as to what happens post-appointment regarding the promise of funds & staffing etc. and are all the managers denied what they want- famously Hurst - and the penny pinching starts.
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, January 31, 2018, 6:36pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Very good post.

The thing that many need to understand is that this isn't Slade's fault. He is merely another in a long line of managers of varying capabilities that have failed at GTFC. It begs the question as to what happens post-appointment regarding the promise of funds & staffing etc. and are all the managers denied what they want- famously Hurst - and the penny pinching starts.

The budget may be beyond Slades control.

BUT the total lack of tactical nous and in game management is entirely down to Slade. The man has cheated a good living out of the game for too long. To describe his career as mediocre is being kind.

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 31, 2018, 6:43pm; Reply: 38

The budget may be beyond Slades control.

BUT the total lack of tactical nous and in game management is entirely down to Slade. The man has cheated a good living out of the game for too long. To describe his career as mediocre is being kind.

I think you are being a tad harsh there. He got us to a play off final, Yeovil to a play off final playing great football, and I believe he was league 1's manager of the year twice. Not a fantastic career, but certainly not the worst.

Everything wrong with the club can be laid at Fenty's door. Managers come and go, players come and go but the regime is stale, rotten and well ready for change but sadly no change will be forthcoming.  
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 31, 2018, 6:48pm; Reply: 39

I think you are being a tad harsh there. He got us to a play off final, Yeovil to a play off final playing great football, and I believe he was league 1's manager of the year twice. Not a fantastic career, but certainly not the worst.

Everything wrong with the club can be laid at Fenty's door. Managers come and go, players come and go but the regime is stale, rotten and well ready for change but sadly no change will be forthcoming.  

While he is guilty of many things that have happened to this club, did he sign Hooper, Kelly, Dixon, Woolford etc. some of the worst players seen at BP for quite a few seasons.
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, January 31, 2018, 6:56pm; Reply: 40

You are more than entitled to your opinion. And certainly i concur with your comments on the 'regime'.

But harsh on Slade's abilities?  From where I am sat every week i see i guy who has no idea how to change things up. it's one way of playing and when that isnt working.....well.

Any 'success' he has achieved was in the distant past. Surely experience enables someone to develop themselves. The is no evidence of any development here. He's a dinosaur. The only difference is they are extinct.The games moved on....he needs to now.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 31, 2018, 7:14pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from arryarryarry

While he is guilty of many things that have happened to this club, did he sign Hooper, Kelly, Dixon, Woolford etc. some of the worst players seen at BP for quite a few seasons.

No, but he set the budget to sign these players. Our rivals down the A46 used promotion as a vehicle to get further success, we didn't use it at all. Slade is just a symptom of a bigger issue - Poojah put it far better than me - most managers who come here never manage again, you've got to wonder why.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 42
Perhaps Hooper, Kelly and Dixon were the best he could afford? Though it has to be said, surely one or two good players would have been better than 4 or 5 mediocre ones, some of whom can't even get into the match day squad. It's not like we are short of players is it?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 31, 2018, 7:23pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from ginnywings
Perhaps Hooper, Kelly and Dixon were the best he could afford? Though it has to be said, surely one or two good players would have been better than 4 or 5 mediocre ones, some of whom can't even get into the match day squad. It's not like we are short of players is it?

Dixon earns 50k plus I'm certain we could of got better than him
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 31, 2018, 7:39pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from ginnywings

This is what annoys me - up front we now have Vernon, Matt, Hooper, Cardwell, Jones, Asante, Vernam and Wilks. A league 2 club with 8 strikers in the squad. The two new loanees seem promising but we've signed two number tens when we desperately need a nine. Then we have three centre backs despite now favouring a formation that will start all 3. Any one suspended or injured, as they are now, and we have to change formation. Clarke or Collins gets a knock in training tomorrow..........It is such a desperately unbalanced squad with so little quality. Some young lads with some potential and some 'old-timers' who are coming to the end of good careers but very little in between.
Posted by: 935 (Guest), January 31, 2018, 7:41pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

This is what annoys me - up front we now have Vernon, Matt, Hooper, Cardwell, Jones, Asante, Vernam and Wilks. A league 2 club with 8 strikers in the squad. The two new loanees seem promising but we've signed two number tens when we desperately need a nine. Then we have three centre backs despite now favouring a formation that will start all 3. Any one suspended or injured, as they are now, and we have to change formation. Clarke or Collins gets a knock in training tomorrow..........It is such a desperately unbalanced squad with so little quality. Some young lads with some potential and some 'old-timers' who are coming to the end of good careers but very little in between.

I still can't work out who will replace Rose at Cm for the next 3 games but have a sinking feeling it will be woolford
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 31, 2018, 7:42pm; Reply: 46

You are urinating into a hurricane I'm afraid. It would not matter if Slade had us playing like Barca and shooting through the leagues plus a couple of cups to some people ............. simply because he is Slade and they have hated him for so long they cannot go back on their grudges. Your facts are just slightly inconvenient.

Yes the real blame lies firmly at the door of the man whose managerial appointments record rivals the UK performances in the Eurovision Song Contest.  Backing the manager in the transfer market? I think that is baloney as far as this regime is concerned anyway. You don't have to be a mindreader to realise that Slade's summer signings were bordering on panic because his real targets were off the budget. Fenty is only bothered about the new ground, keeping the club afloat until the Fentydome opens and provides an avalanche of income for transfers.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 7:44pm; Reply: 47
Going back to the OP, this evening is the first chance I've had to hear Barry. I managed to read the transcript on CA this afternoon. I agreed with every word he said when I read it. If it's possible, I agree with it even more now I've heard him!

Barry for mayor!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 31, 2018, 7:49pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from arryarryarry

Yes I do blame Fenty for those signings, along with the list as long as your arm of rubbish players by a succession of managers during Fenty's tenure.

He sets the tone of the club, sets the budget and it is up to him to create a forward thinking club with training facilities and off the field stuff that can attract the best players.

He has done nothing to promote the club, not even a lick of paint on the front facade which will greet potential signings.

Most of the managers cannot get their first choice players due to a combination of the above; I assume Slade thought he could work his magic and get some Michael Reddyesque players to come, but most clubs have moved on and have better set ups so it is increasingly hard to get the right players in.

He (Fenty) always says the budget is "competitive" but was does that even mean? Compared to who? People might say we must have a big budget because we have got 30 players but that has come about by accident. We were meant to off load a lot of them.

If it is difficult to get players for a variety of reasons, then to be "competitive" we need to pay what it takes to get them to come here. He won't invest the right money, so we get stuck with the Hoopers and Kelly etc.

Ive said it before, if he cannot or will not invest in the club as it stands (ie no new stadium) then what is the point of him?
Posted by: chaos33, January 31, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 49

This, exactly. Annoys me too!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 31, 2018, 7:56pm; Reply: 50

You are urinating into a hurricane I'm afraid. It would not matter if Slade had us playing like Barca and shooting through the leagues plus a couple of cups to some people ............. simply because he is Slade and they have hated him for so long they cannot go back on their grudges. Your facts are just slightly inconvenient.

Yes the real blame lies firmly at the door of the man whose managerial appointments record rivals the UK performances in the Eurovision Song Contest.  Backing the manager in the transfer market? I think that is baloney as far as this regime is concerned anyway. You don't have to be a mindreader to realise that Slade's summer signings were bordering on panic because his real targets were off the budget. Fenty is only bothered about the new ground, keeping the club afloat until the Fentydome opens and provides an avalanche of income for transfers.

Indeed.

Come to think of it, has there ever been a manager who we have rowed in behind? The Championship wasn't good enough for some under Buckley, because he had an "attitude."

I can only think of Lawrie Mac who was universally liked, adored even but alas it was for too short a time.
Posted by: Lincspoacher, January 31, 2018, 8:03pm; Reply: 51
Well said Barry.

There are many things I want to say on here but best I don’t as I don’t wish to betray friends who have confided in me.

But I was speaking to Dudley Ramsden recently, who sold the club to a very keen JF 15 years ago.

You know what, bloody depressed me in the realisation that the club will not recover until things change at the top.

Interestingly, the club was purchased and was not in debt .

Buck stops at the top for the non league 6 years, free fall from championship and loss of 5000 fans in 15 years.

Take a bow son
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2018, 8:10pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from chaos33

This, exactly. Annoys me too!

It's beyond annoying. How a so called professional manager can end up with such a massive squad like ours, that is totally unbalanced, is beyond comprehension.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 31, 2018, 8:13pm; Reply: 53
We now have 4 strikers on loan. Part of the building something I guess?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 8:40pm; Reply: 54

He (Fenty) always says the budget is "competitive" but was does that even mean? Compared to who? People might say we must have a big budget because we have got 30 players but that has come about by accident. We were meant to off load a lot of them.

It's funny how at the start of the season we always had 'competitive budgets' but midway through the season, we're to be be patient and understanding because there are X clubs with bigger budgets than us.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 31, 2018, 8:53pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from ginnywings

It's beyond annoying. How a so called professional manager can end up with such a massive squad like ours, that is totally unbalanced, is beyond comprehension.

He has managed to ship at least some out on loan. Most of them were supposed to have moved on by now but it is an indication of their lack of quality that nobody wants them. Mostly they are non-league standard but being paid league 2 wages. Of course the other side of this is that he does not have the cash to get quality replacements.
Posted by: Quagmire, January 31, 2018, 9:00pm; Reply: 56
We now have 4 strikers on loan. Part of the building something I guess?

How many loan players are we allowed in the match day squad nowadays?  
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 31, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 57
5 I think.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2018, 9:08pm; Reply: 58
Yes, it's 5.
Posted by: Quagmire, January 31, 2018, 9:20pm; Reply: 59
Assuming Kean either starts or is on the bench then one of Matt, Vernam, DJ, Jackson, or Wilks won’t even make the bench ....
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Quagmire
Assuming Kean either starts or is on the bench then one of Matt, Vernam, DJ, Jackson, or Wilks won’t even make the bench ....

Think DJ is most at risk. He's hardly getting a look in lately.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 11:44am