Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, January 30, 2018, 9:39pm
Deserves a thread of his own. You absolute disgrace.
Posted by: davmariner, January 30, 2018, 9:41pm; Reply: 1
Don't even bother coming back to BP Mitch. You aren't welcome.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 30, 2018, 9:44pm; Reply: 2
No he doesn't. It was a poor challenge, but he's been alright this season. An individual mistake hasn't put us on a ten game losing streak and isn't the reason for the dark cloud over the club.

Karleigh Osborne getting booked for handbags with Summerfield is worse.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 30, 2018, 9:46pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Hagrid

No point singling out one player. Yes, it was a stupid challenge but let's be blunt, we have a squad of other people's rejects.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 30, 2018, 9:48pm; Reply: 4
Interviewer : what did you think of the sending off ?

Potato head : well mitch said he farted and the fart had that much behind it he took off unexpectedly and nearly broke the young lads Legs, obviously we will look at an appeal but it's early days.
Posted by: TAGG, January 30, 2018, 9:50pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Hagrid

Just one of those things mate.
Posted by: Grantley, January 30, 2018, 9:52pm; Reply: 6
Mitch has got us 4 goals this season (1 penalty).

Summerfield has got us none. (This is not a dig at Summerfield).
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2018, 9:53pm; Reply: 7
Mitch Rose you call yourself a professional footballer, I call you a flipping moron for putting us in a weakened position during a game we needed to win. You need to put this gross error right by playing out of your skin for the rest of the season or just intercourse off.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2018, 9:53pm; Reply: 8
Player gets sent off for reckless challenge. That's never happened before.
Posted by: lukeo, January 30, 2018, 9:54pm; Reply: 9
Where did I read someone had a fight with his team mate? He's the one you should be targeting if anyone.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 30, 2018, 9:55pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ginnywings

Your side is 9 games without a win. You get sent off 6 minutes in. Have you seen the tackle? Reckless? Its disgusting.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2018, 9:55pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings

It did in the relegation season and that's why we needed to watch what we were doing against a ref who has set records for sending people off.
Posted by: davmariner, January 30, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings

Would you be saying the same thing if you'd gone tonight? Easy to say when youre at home in your armchair and haven't driven hundreds of miles and paid your entry fee, only for Rose to get himself sent off six minutes in for an unnecessary challenge.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 30, 2018, 9:59pm; Reply: 13
I haven't seen the tackle so cannot comment but to be honest I know he has popped up with a few goals but I'm not that impressed by him really.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, January 30, 2018, 10:03pm; Reply: 14
[tweet]958429220597886981[/tweet]
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 30, 2018, 10:05pm; Reply: 15
Just a microcosm of the whole club!
Posted by: lukeo, January 30, 2018, 10:07pm; Reply: 16
Strange one that.. You got the one of Osborne with Summers?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from davmariner

Would you be saying the same thing if you'd gone tonight? Easy to say when youre at home in your armchair and haven't driven hundreds of miles and paid your entry fee, only for Rose to get himself sent off six minutes in for an unnecessary challenge.

FFS, it's a game of footy. Players make bad challenges. Paul Scholes, one of the best midfielders in Europe did it all the time. I'm obviously not happy with the way things have gone tonight and in previous games, but these things happen in football. I can't see what starting a thread condemning him is going to achieve.
Posted by: Maringer, January 30, 2018, 10:21pm; Reply: 18
From that clip, looked a bit of a clumsy one more than anything else. I think it's because he kicked through with the other foot that it seemed worse than it actually was. Can't argue if the referee wants to give him a red card for that, however. Did he even need to go to ground to win the ball?
Posted by: Tommy, January 30, 2018, 10:25pm; Reply: 19
Silly way to challenge but doesn't merit the "sack him" style witch-hunt. He's made a mistake but hasn't defined or changed our season.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 30, 2018, 10:26pm; Reply: 20
I've seen worse with players not being sent off.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 30, 2018, 10:26pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Hagrid

Your side is 9 games without a win. You get sent off 6 minutes in. Have you seen the tackle? Reckless? Its disgusting.

It's not disgusting. It's a poor challenge, but he hasn't gone to hurt him and he's got a bit of the ball. Like it or not these are the players that are going to have to drag us out of the shite. Hysterically pointing the finger at a player who's made a bad tackle is not the answer. He's been decent this season and he's committed to lots of challenges he was bound to get one wrong sooner or later.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 30, 2018, 10:27pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It's not disgusting. It's a poor challenge, but he hasn't gone to hurt him and he's got a bit of the ball. Like it or not these are the players that are going to have to drag us out of the shite. Hysterically pointing the finger at a player who's made a bad tackle is not the answer. He's been decent this season and he's committed to lots of challenges he was bound to get one wrong sooner or later.

Has he? Dont think any of our midfield get stuck in at all
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2018, 10:29pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Tommy
Silly way to challenge but doesn't merit the "sack him" style witch-hunt. He's made a mistake but hasn't defined or changed our season.

If hadn't done that challenge we may have got all 3 points, the difference between staying up or going down. Bear in mind that this ref has set records on sending players off. Also note goal difference could also make or break.
Posted by: livosnose, January 30, 2018, 10:31pm; Reply: 24
Let’s face it players like Rose have zip all to worry about . His brother could pay off his mortgage on his semi in Donny from the change that falls out his back pocket . Kunt
Posted by: GrimRob, January 30, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 25
Let the manager take the flak. Players make mistakes, and it will cost him and he'll lose his place in the team under the new manager. Starting tomorrow everyone should be given a new chance to prove themselves.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, January 30, 2018, 10:41pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from lukeo
Strange one that.. You got the one of Osborne with Summers?

Yeah, but it's not great quality

[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/Kujaava/MySpaceGens_8224757986.gif[/img]

Posted by: Bigdog, January 30, 2018, 10:42pm; Reply: 27
If you have a close look at the Yeovil player, he was the one whose studs went over the ball.

Rose was braindead for tackling like that, but both players were "at it" and the ref couldn't wait to get his card out..
Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2018, 10:44pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Bigdog
If you have a close look at the Yeovil player, he was the one whose studs went over the ball.

Rose was braindead for tackling like that, but both players were "at it" and the ref couldn't wait to get his card out..

Yep, i've seen worse tackles go un-punished. That Cardiff guy who eventually got sent off against Man City did one far far worse and got a yellow.
Posted by: Zmariner, January 30, 2018, 10:49pm; Reply: 29
A booking but for me a very harsh sending off and absolutely not a disgrace. The 10 games without a win is a disgrace. Also Osborne is no great athlete and again another  poor signing , always looks accident prone to me utm
Posted by: chaos33, January 30, 2018, 11:31pm; Reply: 30
Rose, not good enough. Berrett, not good enough. Summerfield, just about adequate. Clements? Anyone else? Nah. In the 18months since we've been promoted we've seen an overall lower standard in players in centre midfield than we saw in our last two seasons in the conference.
Posted by: Skrill, January 30, 2018, 11:38pm; Reply: 31
I don't think it is the case that the midfield is poor, average is probably the most accurate estimate. Port Vale, Cheltenham, FGR, Chesterfield, Crewe (H), Barnet and Colchester (FH) we won the midfield battle. I think it is poor managerial tactics, he hasn't kept the players consistent and motivated enough hence the 60% loss ratio.  
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 6:17pm