Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 30, 2018, 11:26am
Would be interesting to see how many of us on the Fishy support the GTFC board going forward.

A simple poll, do you have confidence in the GTFC board?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 30, 2018, 11:28am; Reply: 1
Pretty convincing so far  ;D
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 30, 2018, 11:55am; Reply: 2
Remember, this is not a bullying tactic, and you can vote how you like...
Posted by: OneLove, January 30, 2018, 11:57am; Reply: 3
would the two who voted yes please stand up  :-/
Posted by: cannylad68, January 30, 2018, 11:58am; Reply: 4
I am stood up.
Posted by: cannylad68, January 30, 2018, 12:00pm; Reply: 5
Sorry I thought you said NO.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 30, 2018, 12:00pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Remember, this is not a bullying tactic, and you can vote how you like...

I purposefully left out any leading comments aside from a brief explanation for clarity.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 30, 2018, 1:42pm; Reply: 7
Why do I get the feeling Scunts and Imps have hijacked this poll?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 30, 2018, 4:22pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Why do I get the feeling Scunts and Imps have hijacked this poll?

You have to be registered to vote, maybe one or two have infiltrated but as I type 85% have no confidence in the board. I wouldn't want to misrepresent the board, but they may claim you would get a very different indication after the three successive wins a couple of months ago. I could always see a run like we are enduring coming, it's time for change.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 30, 2018, 4:32pm; Reply: 9
I like that nice little man DAY who is a solicitor I think,

Marley is rude but does the accounts and little else,

The other bloke who is a horse trainer is only there to give the others tips,

The Trust bloke is not allowed to report back to us so what's the point,

As for our non chairman I think I have said enough about him in the past.

So you can guess how I voted .
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 30, 2018, 4:43pm; Reply: 10
Nothing against the Trust-appointed director but when the other three can only muster £5k of shares between them and one of them has now shown his true colours, then they can only be there to support rather than challenge the major shareholder.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), January 30, 2018, 5:19pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete
I like that nice little man DAY who is a solicitor I think,

Marley is rude but does the accounts and little else,

The other bloke who is a horse trainer is only there to give the others tips,

The Trust bloke is not allowed to report back to us so what's the point,

As for our non chairman I think I have said enough about him in the past.

So you can guess how I voted .

You know - after 15 years of mostly floundering or failing as a football club - it seems fair to ask: who exactly is/are the footballing brain(s) on the board?

If the answer's a fishmonger we're in trouble......

Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 30, 2018, 5:22pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 137

You know - after 15 years of mostly floundering or failing as a football club - it seems fair to ask: who exactly is/are the footballing brain(s) on the board?

The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker anyone?
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 13
1. One's a solicitor - How many court cases have we won / lost, how many shares does he have
2. One's an accountant - How many new investors has he won / lost, how many shares does he have
3. One's a horse trainer - So what does he do to improve the club, how many shares does he have
4. Ones a fish merchant who sold his business - his record speaks for itself, how many shares does he have and how much do we owe him in benign loans

What does Flemming actually do?

Why don't we have a chairman?

SACK THE BOARD!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 30, 2018, 5:50pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Marinerz93
1. One's a solicitor - How many court cases have we won / lost, how many shares does he have
2. One's an accountant - How many new investors has he won / lost, how many shares does he have
3. One's a horse trainer - So what does he do to improve the club, how many shares does he have
4. Ones a fish merchant who sold his business - his record speaks for itself, how many shares does he have and how much do we owe him in benign loans

What does Flemming actually do?

Why don't we have a chairman?

SACK THE BOARD!

1. £2500 2. £2000 3. £500 4. £975000 & around £2.2 million
Posted by: denni266, January 30, 2018, 6:08pm; Reply: 15
Peanuts  just peanuts in football terms.. how do you become a director for  a pittance  £500 ?????? costs more for a season ticket and drinks / pies for a season , should be ashamed
Posted by: toontown, January 30, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 16
£500 in shares and a director - that does seem very odd, it isnt like he is bringing a skill set we need to the table as far as i can tell. Surely it would need more in shares than that to justify a spot on the board
Posted by: lee65, January 30, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 17
Well, the result is going to be obvious, and for the record I said “no”

I would like to say I have no axe to grind with JF, I may not agree with him on occasion, but he is probably at his wits end currently and at a really low point.
He has put substantial funds in to the club, and I genuinely believe done what he thinks to be for the best.

What the fans forum showed me is that JF has no credible support on the board to help and guide him in difficult times.
Rude, outdated yes men who offer (in my opinion) little in terms of knowledge, communication skills, business nous, empathy with the fans, or (if reports are true) little or no cash backing

However, I’m not sure what the alternative is currently?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 30, 2018, 6:40pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from toontown
£500 in shares and a director - that does seem very odd, it isnt like he is bringing a skill set we need to the table as far as i can tell. Surely it would need more in shares than that to justify a spot on the board

Don't shoot the messenger!

All on the accounts, see link below, I can only assume that I've been red-crossed because someone doesn't like me getting my facts right.

http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/accounts/GTFC%20Accounts%202017.pdf
Posted by: toontown, January 30, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Don't shoot the messenger!

All on the accounts, see link below, I can only assume that I've been red-crossed because someone doesn't like me getting my facts right.

http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/accounts/GTFC%20Accounts%202017.pdf

I certainly didnt red cross you, and am not in any way having a go at you. You make a good point.

I do vaguely remember seeing that before and thinking it was odd at the time. Perhaps the hope was that he may, through his occupation, be involved with individuals of high net worth who may be interested in spending some of it on football and he could point them Town's way.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 30, 2018, 7:02pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from MuddyWaters

1. £2500 2. £2000 3. £500 4. £975000 & around £2.2 million

The real point surely is that he doesn't want anyone on the board with any clout, does he? The Mike Parker fiasco showed that. Nobody of an equal standing can work with him, his ego doesn't allow it. To have a board as lopsided as that tells you all you need to know.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 30, 2018, 7:15pm; Reply: 21

The real point surely is that he doesn't want anyone on the board with any clout, does he? The Mike Parker fiasco showed that. Nobody of an equal standing can work with him, his ego doesn't allow it. To have a board as lopsided as that tells you all you need to know.

Playing devils advocate, the boardroom voting system is a one man, one vote. Just being fair to JF, it does seem strange a bloke with £500 of shares vote is worth as much as someone with £2m worth (is it? Something like that).
Posted by: lukeo, January 30, 2018, 7:19pm; Reply: 22
Pretty much as I expected.. 116 no 15 yes atm..
Posted by: carrot top, January 30, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from lee65
Well, the result is going to be obvious, and for the record I said “no”

I would like to say I have no axe to grind with JF, I may not agree with him on occasion, but he is probably at his wits end currently and at a really low point.
He has put substantial funds in to the club, and I genuinely believe done what he thinks to be for the best.

What the fans forum showed me is that JF has no credible support on the board to help and guide him in difficult times.
Rude, outdated yes men who offer (in my opinion) little in terms of knowledge, communication skills, business nous, empathy with the fans, or (if reports are true) little or no cash backing

However, I’m not sure what the alternative is currently?

They will most likely have cash but may not be prepared to put it into the club. Like most Directors they just like having their ego stroked
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 30, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from toontown

I certainly didnt red cross you, and am not in any way having a go at you. You make a good point.

I do vaguely remember seeing that before and thinking it was odd at the time. Perhaps the hope was that he may, through his occupation, be involved with individuals of high net worth who may be interested in spending some of it on football and he could point them Town's way.

I suggest you have a look at Mr Chapman's recent training record. His list of owners isn't exactly the Dubai royal family.

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/trainer/341/michael-chapman

I know someone who had a horse in training with him once - it ran (almost) once and was pulled up before halfway.
Posted by: rancido, January 30, 2018, 7:46pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from 137

To be fair there were fish merchants on towns board many years ago when we were a successful club. The nature of your business isn't relevant but how you apply your business acumen is.
Posted by: golfer, January 30, 2018, 7:47pm; Reply: 26
So for 1 initial loan of £500 you can have a free seat in the directors box for how long you want ? If you don't mind the company it seems pretty good value.
Posted by: rancido, January 30, 2018, 7:48pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker anyone?

Well Ramsden was a grocer and Paddy Hamilton had a hardware business.
Posted by: kevikov, January 30, 2018, 7:52pm; Reply: 28

And the crazy thing is, if there is to be any chance of JF getting his money or some of it back with "footballing fortune" then he needs backers with cash and nous to make it happen! As it stands, the board appears to me to be full of people with little or no actual ability to run a football club successfully.
Posted by: Green27, January 30, 2018, 10:07pm; Reply: 29
The 18 of you have voted yes need to be committed.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 30, 2018, 10:28pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Green27
The 18 of you have voted yes need to be committed.

Although I do agree with freedom of speech, I believe Rampton has around 18 openings at the moment. I'll make enquiries, they have a lovely line in big white jackets that hold your arms around your back.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 31, 2018, 7:31pm; Reply: 31
Thought this needed a bump.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 1, 2018, 12:27am; Reply: 32
'Bump' you say?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2018, 12:29am; Reply: 33
Quoted from KingstonMariner
'Bump' you say?

Sadly, you can only vote no the once.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 1, 2018, 12:33am; Reply: 34
Quoted from ginnywings

Sadly, you can only vote no the once.

Maybe some of the Fishy 18 (I know that's not alliterative) will want to change their minds.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 1, 2018, 4:37am; Reply: 35
That big loud mouth fat illegitimate director that sits in the main stand behind the dugout gets on my nerves.

The only good decent thing he does is wind the opposition managers up he should concentrate is anger against Slade.(2guns)(2guns)(2guns)
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 3:30pm