Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 29, 2018, 12:18pm
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/defender-says-turned-down-grimsby-1132315 :B :B :B
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 29, 2018, 12:21pm; Reply: 1
Must be 5hite. The link doesn't work
Posted by: denni266, January 29, 2018, 12:25pm; Reply: 2
worked ok on mine
Posted by: Garth, January 29, 2018, 12:28pm; Reply: 3
Old news, something to print to fill in where adverts should be,  in a dying news rag
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 29, 2018, 12:42pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Garth
Old news, something to print to fill in where adverts should be,  in a dying news rag

I must admit I was wondering when he actually said this.  If it's recently then fair enough.  But if it's old news just being used as a stick to beat RS with, it's pretty poor really.  We don't need old news, RS gives us all the ammo we need anyway.  
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 29, 2018, 12:44pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Garth

I suspect if the media was given permission to speak to a player on Saturday this story would not have even surfaced.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 29, 2018, 12:46pm; Reply: 6
Fake news folks we don't play boomball !! ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, January 29, 2018, 12:49pm; Reply: 7
We play 'toofball', the opposite of football.
Posted by: LH, January 29, 2018, 12:52pm; Reply: 8
Not sure whether to laugh/cry/be angry any more. Past the point of being fed up with it as well.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 29, 2018, 12:52pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ginnywings
We play 'toofball', the opposite of football.

I was going to come back and say we don't play football either ,

You beat me to it Ginny.  :)
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 29, 2018, 12:58pm; Reply: 10
You are wrong
What we play. Is toofless
Posted by: oochiad, January 29, 2018, 1:02pm; Reply: 11
I don’t how to describe what we play but some of it is good but with no end product. But for some time now we have not been playing fecking hoofball so will some of you please give it a rest? I doubt it.........UTM
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 29, 2018, 1:48pm; Reply: 12
The Telegraph have had a go at sticking the knife in. I Wonder if they've had that story a while.
Got to imagine that this will not go down well with the club. Fair play to them
Posted by: RichMariner, January 29, 2018, 1:59pm; Reply: 13
The club can complain all it likes. As much as it wants to, it can't control the media.

What it should be doing is using the media better. Accept the criticism when it comes, but do more to galvanise the feelgood factor when it's here.

Sadly they expect positive coverage all the time, even when things are tough.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 29, 2018, 2:10pm; Reply: 14
Sounds more like sour grapes to me I bet he wasn`t offered anything anyhow?
Posted by: Cloudy, January 29, 2018, 2:55pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Sounds more like sour grapes to me I bet he wasn`t offered anything anyhow?

Exactly. Slade has said the guy was training with the other trialiists and youths for ONE day. His career has hardly taken off since has it
Posted by: Garth, January 29, 2018, 3:02pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Cloudy

Exactly. Slade has said the guy was training with the other trialiists and youths for ONE day. His career has hardly taken off since has it

No it has not, talks cheap coming from a players most of us have never heard of  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 29, 2018, 4:45pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Civvy at last

I must admit I was wondering when he actually said this.  If it's recently then fair enough.  But if it's old news just being used as a stick to beat RS with, it's pretty poor really.  We don't need old news, RS gives us all the ammo we need anyway.  

It goes back to the Summer when Stephen Folan came over for a trial. Trials work both ways. He wasn't impressed and signed for the mighty Dundalk instead. Part of the attraction over there was the prospect of European football.

“You go over and it’s not what you expect. You expect very, very high standards – it wasn’t that great."

As to the timing of the article, I suppose that depends on when he talked to the Irish Sun where these quotes quoted in the GT come from.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 29, 2018, 6:16pm; Reply: 18
Boomball and Sladeball are these now interchangeable? I see Russ has responded now in the telegraph bet he was tamping.
Posted by: sam gy, January 29, 2018, 6:45pm; Reply: 19
Would love to see this beautiful, sexy football that the mighty Dundalk play.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 29, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 20
Pat Hoban was their star player once so they're a force to be reckoned with

That should read: Pat Hoban plays for them again so I assume it's pretty sexy stuff.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 5:13pm