Oh yeah thats what a striker looks like
Posted by: bawarmy, January 27, 2018, 6:11pm; Reply: 2
Not our sort of player though is he
Posted by: oldun, January 27, 2018, 6:11pm; Reply: 3
That has just made feel slightly sick.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 27, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 4

Natural goalscorer.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 27, 2018, 6:14pm; Reply: 5
Too excrement for league two obviously...

Criminally negligent from Hurst and Fenty letting him leave and essentially replacing him with Scott flipping Vernon
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 27, 2018, 6:17pm; Reply: 6
Remember those saying he only scores against shite teams 😂
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 27, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 7
I must hold my hands up and say that I didn’t want Podge back here when there were rumours of his departure from Hartlepool, Chaos33 among others wanted him back but I disagreed.

I was so wrong!
Posted by: LH, January 27, 2018, 6:22pm; Reply: 8
Imagine if there actually was a football court that trials for offences like releasing your 37 goal striker so you could sign dross were heard in.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 27, 2018, 6:23pm; Reply: 9
Incredible allowing our beloved 37 goal striker to leave, and leave for illegitimate Hartlepool. Up there with replacing Shaun Pearson, our leader, future captain, all round top bloke, pillar of the community and born to defend future legend with that 50p head 33 year old Nathan Clarke on his last legs.

I give up, I really haven't got the energy to deal with this excrement anymore.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 27, 2018, 6:23pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Remember those saying he only scores against shite teams 😂

FFS it is only Tottenham after all - look how they struggled to beat Real Madrid

Posted by: Ipswin, January 27, 2018, 6:24pm; Reply: 11
Just one of the excrement side not good enough to represent the mighty Grimsby Town FC in the lower reaches of the 4th Division. Non league standard clearly not up to football league standard bit like that Nolan chap and that Toto geezer.
Posted by: geir, January 27, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 12
Tottenham? Nah.... can`t say I have heard of them. No big deal scoring against a team that obviously plays in one of the lower leagues.... This Podge would never make it at the mighty Grimsby who scores for fun week in and week out.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 27, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from jimgtfc
I must hold my hands up and say that I didn’t want Podge back here when there were rumours of his departure from Hartlepool, Chaos33 among others wanted him back but I disagreed.

I was so wrong!

BUT

You didn't know then what you know now.

Vernon or Podge ?

Well done Hurst.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 27, 2018, 6:41pm; Reply: 14
Anyway who are Tottenham FFS didn't we beat them even with the fat bald illegitimate in charge?
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 27, 2018, 6:45pm; Reply: 15
HURST OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT! He got a more financially lucrative offer from Hartlepool. Anyone who says Hurst didn’t know what he was doing needs to go on trial for crimes against insanity!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2018, 6:46pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from grimsby pete

BUT

You didn't know then what you know now.

Vernon or Podge ?

Well done Hurst.

Hurst offered him what he was allowed to offer him.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 27, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Mariner_09
HURST OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT! He got a more financially lucrative offer from Hartlepool. Anyone who says Hurst didn’t know what he was doing needs to go on trial for crimes against insanity!

It clearly wasn't good enough was it.

To all the muppets who, in support of Hurst's decision, said Podge wasn't good enough for the League (fuyou_2) (except the bloke in this thread who admitted he was wrong.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 27, 2018, 6:51pm; Reply: 18
Anyone can score against Spurs in the Cup.  Even Town did it a few years ago!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 27, 2018, 6:55pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I believe it was a 'take it or leave it' offer. Really making the player feel wanted. Similar to Nathan Arnold, rumours are he was offered a £50 a week increase.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 27, 2018, 6:56pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

12 and a quarter years.

And we still haven't got back to that level. Put it in those terms and you can see what a failure Fenty has been.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 27, 2018, 7:02pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And he offered him an extension in the January and Podge chose not to sign it.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 27, 2018, 7:12pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from HertsGTFC

And he offered him an extension in the January and Podge chose not to sign it.

Quite right by the player he wanted to see where we were at the end of the season.

After that any contract offer was simply too mean and as usual Town didn't try hard enough. Of all the times Fenty should have pushed the boat out - another awful decision by our so called 'saviour'

Posted by: Abdul19, January 27, 2018, 7:14pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

We had a top manager back then though. Oh!
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 27, 2018, 7:22pm; Reply: 24

FT  Newport  1-1  Tottenham

Newport earn a lucrative replay at Wembley.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 27, 2018, 7:27pm; Reply: 25
I’m finding all this hard to deal with Podge doing well at Newport and now they’re getting more cash with a Wembley cup replay. Yeovil getting plum draws and more cash which no doubt will mean that’s one less relegation competitor for Town.

Hurst doing well with some of the players who should have been part of a bright future after 15/05/16

The Gimps looking like they could go up etc.. etc.,,

Whilst we look an thinking how can it all have gone so wrong in just 20 months? No feel good factor in any aspect of our club at the moment

Simple answer- John Fenty is a rank amateur!
Posted by: golfer, January 27, 2018, 7:31pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Mariner_09

Insanity  ? or sanity ?   are you sure of what you put ?
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 27, 2018, 7:33pm; Reply: 27
Just suppose Spurs eventually make the FA Cup semi final, these are played at Wembley, Spurs home ground this season, is it fair if their opponents that day are a club like Preston who haven't been there in years. Or is money the overriding influence.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 27, 2018, 8:05pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from KingstonMariner

12 and a quarter years.

And we still haven't got back to that level. Put it in those terms and you can see what a failure Fenty has been.

I would love to hear what the Fentinista who red-crossed this has as a counter-argument.

Come on, explain why he hasn't been a failure. Be a keyboard warrior not a keyboard shirker!
Posted by: mariner91, January 27, 2018, 8:08pm; Reply: 29
Just seen his goal, he's such a good header of the ball for someone so short. Best one I saw him score was away at Welling for his hatrick although the one at home to Torquay was a bullet too. Happier times.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 27, 2018, 10:27pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I would love to hear what the Fentinista who red-crossed this has as a counter-argument.

Come on, explain why he hasn't been a failure. Be a keyboard warrior not a keyboard shirker!

Pen Penfras clearly articulated this a few week back. We have lost 4 games out of 5 at Wembley in the last few years and almost beat Newcastle in the cup. Come on get with the programme recent history reeks of success.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 27, 2018, 10:29pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from mariner91
Just seen his goal, he's such a good header of the ball for someone so short. Best one I saw him score was away at Welling for his hatrick although the one at home to Torquay was a bullet too. Happier times.

The one at home to Lincoln was really good too.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 27, 2018, 10:45pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from mariner91
Just seen his goal, he's such a good header of the ball for someone so short. Best one I saw allhim score was away at Welling for his hatrick although the one at home to Torquay was a bullet too. Happier times.

Scored some really good goals with us and some scruffy ones too, which to me illustrates how good he is.

I like when he came back with Newport a couple of weeks ago, after an hour he hadn’t scored so what does he do? Increases his work rate off the ball and starts closing us down quicker, class act at this level.

Posted by: mariner91, January 27, 2018, 10:46pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Abdul19

The one at home to Lincoln was really good too.

Yes it was, superb play from Bogle to set it up as well.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 27, 2018, 11:07pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Pen Penfras clearly articulated this a few week back. We have lost 4 games out of 5 at Wembley in the last few years and almost beat Newcastle in the cup. Come on get with the programme recent history reeks of success.

Ah yes, got me there. Overwhelmed me with facts.

;D
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 1:48am