Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 27, 2018, 5:25pm
If I wasn't laughing listening to him I would cry the guy is puddled
Posted by: geir, January 27, 2018, 5:35pm; Reply: 1
Radio Humberside "not allowed to talk to the players".

SHOCKING!!!

Things are really, really bad now..... Is this the longest trek without a win in Grimsby`s history?
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 27, 2018, 5:37pm; Reply: 2
His thoughts on the game are about as accurate as me guestimating how far Pluto is from Earth.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, January 27, 2018, 5:38pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from geir
Radio Humberside "not allowed to talk to the players".

SHOCKING!!!

Things are really, really bad now..... Is this the longest trek without a win in Grimsby`s history?

under woods it took 26 games to get a win o remember we beat Shrewsbury 3-0
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 27, 2018, 5:39pm; Reply: 4
The man is deluded and his reactions towards the press is evidence he has no answers
Posted by: geir, January 27, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

under woods it took 26 games to get a win o remember we beat Shrewsbury 3-0

Oh! Didn`t remember it was THAT bad under Woods.... Oh Well, guess we don`t have anything to complain about then... ;-)
Posted by: Badger57, January 27, 2018, 5:44pm; Reply: 6
Hey Mr.Getyourfactsright, just wondered if you actually believe any of this TOTAL balderdash Slade comes out with?  Because if you do then I fear for your sanity too mate!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2018, 6:14pm; Reply: 7
Who has stopped the players talking to JT? I don't care if it's Slade or Fenty, the pair of them should clear their desks.
Posted by: golfer, January 27, 2018, 6:15pm; Reply: 8
" The circus comes to town" -the circus IS Town and the ring master is  ????
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 27, 2018, 6:16pm; Reply: 9
Sounded like a man completely out of ideas. Very prickly with John Tonder for no good reason. Who does he think he is banning RH from speaking to the players. RH have been good to us IMO giving us good coverage as we lost 5-0 at flipping Braintree. I get the feeling the Radio Humberside journalists are asking questions John Fenty and to a degree Russell Slade aren't happy about as they haven't been pre selected by GTFC.

The club aren't happy they refuse to tow the party line. The Telegraph for the most part have to, as they need access to the players to sell papers. RH is funded by the tax payer and I commend them and hope they carry on asking questions John Fenty doesn't want asking.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from golfer
" The circus comes to town" -the circus IS Town and the ring master is  ????

Fenty.
Posted by: chaos33, January 27, 2018, 7:48pm; Reply: 11
Can anyone post a link please
Posted by: Henryscat, January 27, 2018, 7:51pm; Reply: 12
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05w95tv
Posted by: chaos33, January 27, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 13
Thanks.

Frankly I'm astounded. How long can Slade go on bullsh1tting and blustering his way through post match  interviews?!?

Folk have got eyes. We understand the game. Somehow, every week, we seem to be the best team, control the game,  but score no goals and lose. Week after week!?! What's that about?

It must be Radio Humberside being negative, or the toxic fans.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 27, 2018, 8:26pm; Reply: 14
Just shows the importance of the licence fee / public funding for the BBC.

Maybe Slade is worried about players letting the cat out of the bag.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 27, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 15
Blokes full on mental.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 27, 2018, 8:41pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from chaos33
Can anyone post a link please

Don't get too close though

[img]https://i.imgur.com/awJFJlM.gif[/img]
Posted by: RichMariner, January 27, 2018, 8:49pm; Reply: 17
Neither Fenty nor Slade can handle the press.

Fenty, I'm not surprised. He doesn't understand. But Slade? I'd have thought better. I bet he wasn't denying the press access when he was doing well at Yeovil, Orient, etc.

The press isn't a tap. You can't accept praise when it comes and then switch it off when it criticises you. You have to take the rough with the smooth.

Denying them access to players is a totally childish reaction.

I think the relationship between Slade and the fans is beyond repair. Even if he turns this season round - even if he somehow weaved a magic wand and got us promoted next season, there'd be no love for him.

But frankly that's not going to happen.

I can't believe I'm saying this in 2018 but incredibly no one at this football club knows how to handle the media.

They don't know how to respond to them when things are tough, and they don't know how to use them when things are going well.

Honestly it makes me so angry. It's such an easy thing to get right and we don't just get it wrong - we get it spectacularly wrong.

What remaining respect I had for Russell Slade has gone. He can't come into a fans' forum with a powerpoint presentation, tell people how it is from his point of view and then not answer us honestly when we have a few stats to throw at him.

If he and Fenty are drunk off because they feel the media ask negative questions, then they are deluded. They're not negative questions, they're fair questions. There's a difference.

We as a club are acting childish because it comes right from the top. Zero professionalism. A succession of bad decisions, a succession of mistakes, embarrassments and we wonder why we lurch from one crisis to the next?

Us fans deserve a medal for putting up with this utter rubbish.
Posted by: Davec, January 27, 2018, 9:03pm; Reply: 18
Where does it say about not allowing the players to speak to the radio.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 27, 2018, 9:05pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Davec
Where does it say about not allowing the players to speak to the radio.

Towards the end of the interview.
Posted by: Davec, January 27, 2018, 9:07pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Marinerz93

Towards the end of the interview.

Thanks, I actually listened to the interview about an hour ago, must have missed that.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 27, 2018, 9:08pm; Reply: 21
Not only as Slade lost the fans he's lost the players as well
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 27, 2018, 9:09pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from RichMariner
Neither Fenty nor Slade can handle the press.

Fenty, I'm not surprised. He doesn't understand. But Slade? I'd have thought better. I bet he wasn't denying the press access when he was doing well at Yeovil, Orient, etc.

The press isn't a tap. You can't accept praise when it comes and then switch it off when it criticises you. You have to take the rough with the smooth.

Denying them access to players is a totally childish reaction.

I think the relationship between Slade and the fans is beyond repair. Even if he turns this season round - even if he somehow weaved a magic wand and got us promoted next season, there'd be no love for him.

But frankly that's not going to happen.

I can't believe I'm saying this in 2018 but incredibly no one at this football club knows how to handle the media.

They don't know how to respond to them when things are tough, and they don't know how to use them when things are going well.

Honestly it makes me so angry. It's such an easy thing to get right and we don't just get it wrong - we get it spectacularly wrong.

What remaining respect I had for Russell Slade has gone. He can't come into a fans' forum with a powerpoint presentation, tell people how it is from his point of view and then not answer us honestly when we have a few stats to throw at him.

If he and Fenty are drunk off because they feel the media ask negative questions, then they are deluded. They're not negative questions, they're fair questions. There's a difference.

We as a club are acting childish because it comes right from the top. Zero professionalism. A succession of bad decisions, a succession of mistakes, embarrassments and we wonder why we lurch from one crisis to the next?

Us fans deserve a medal for putting up with this utter rubbish.

I fully agree with you, great post but sadly Fenty doesn't care what you say as it's YOUR opinion and only his opinion matters. Also Fenty said that the club does it's PR on the pitch. I don't know any professional footballers that are also professional PR people, maybe that's were Sladeball has gone wrong.
Posted by: TAGG, January 27, 2018, 9:10pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Badger57
Hey Mr.Getyourfactsright, just wondered if you actually believe any of this TOTAL balderdash Slade comes out with?  Because if you do then I fear for your sanity too mate!

He gave a man who had been sacked three times in 12 months a job so I think his sanity could be called into question quiet a while ago.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 27, 2018, 9:23pm; Reply: 24
Forget turning the corner we are knocking on the door.

The guy spouts crap.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 27, 2018, 9:31pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Davec

Thanks, I actually listened to the interview about an hour ago, must have missed that.

It wasn't covered in the interview with Slade as such

After the interview had been aired, Matt Dean asked John Tondeur for his thoughts and he said that Slade wasn't happy with his questions and then JT said there would be no player interviews to follow as had been denied access to them

I haven't checked on Twitter yet but quite often the players pass comment on the game....wonder if  Slade has told them they're not allowed to tonight?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 27, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 26
If Nathan does sign he will have added another PR gaff to his list and would basically have been dishonest but time will tell. If he is coming the simple Manager speak of he is another clubs player so no comment would have sufficed.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 27
I can't ever remember GTFC being so flipping inept on or off the pitch and in so many ways. Life is meant to give you experience but not you Mr Fenty - your pig-headed arrogance will take us out of the League again.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 27, 2018, 9:51pm; Reply: 28
Playoffs anyone ?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 27, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 29
I get the impression that John tondeour is petrified of Russell slade in these interviews.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, January 27, 2018, 10:00pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I get the impression that John tondeour is petrified of Russell slade in these interviews.

Probably afraid Slade will sign him
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 27, 2018, 11:46pm; Reply: 31
I particularly liked the answer for JTs question about any truth in Arnold signing "not as far as i know" gotta love that perhaps Hooper and Kelly just rocked up one day too lol
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 28, 2018, 12:09am; Reply: 32
Love burnsy to interview Slade but it will only underline what we already know that’s he’s blagging
Posted by: LH, January 28, 2018, 12:21am; Reply: 33
I’d love Burnsy to do any future fans’ forums or do a proper one-to-one interview with Fenty although I doubt JF would agree to it.
Posted by: sapper mariner, January 28, 2018, 12:29am; Reply: 34
Rumors on FB that Slade will be gone in the morning
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 6:12pm