Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 24, 2018, 10:39am
Anyone been to Florida?

just wondered the best way to get it at a reasonable price based on previous experience?
Posted by: Grim74, January 24, 2018, 12:38pm; Reply: 1
I've been 3 times over the years with the kids and never booked a package holiday as I've always managed to get it cheaper by doing it myself,The first time we had a hotel with a pool not far from international drive this is by far the cheapest option but going back to a room with a family of 4 starts to feel a bit cramped after a week or two but an even cheaper option would be a budget motel but it's not really a place to stay if you have a family with kids etc.

The second time we stayed at a large 3 bedroom apartment which was in a resort complex with all the amenities included this was more expensive than a hotel but the best value. And last year we stayed at a fantastic 4 bedroom  villa with pool and hot tub in Kissimmee it wasn't cheap but there's nothing better than going back to a place that feels like home after a long day around the parks.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 24, 2018, 12:41pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Grim74
I've been 3 times over the years with the kids and never booked a package holiday as I've always managed to get it cheaper by doing it myself,The first time we had a hotel with a pool not far from international drive this is by far the cheapest option but going back to a room with a family of 4 starts to feel a bit cramped after a week or two but an even cheaper option would be a budget motel but it's not really a place to stay if you have a family with kids etc.

The second time we stayed at a large 3 bedroom apartment which was in a resort complex with all the amenities included this was more expensive than a hotel but the best value. And last year we stayed at a fantastic 4 bedroom  villa with pool and hot tub in Kissimmee it wasn't cheap but there's nothing better than going back to a place that feels like home after a long day around the parks.

Awesome thanks for that!

What time of year did you go?
Posted by: Grim74, January 24, 2018, 1:08pm; Reply: 3
We have always gone mid October just after the after florida school holidays finish, queuing times at the parks are not as high (allegedly) and the kids love Halloween over there.
Posted by: Simariner, February 21, 2018, 9:55pm; Reply: 4
I've been 4 time over the last 6 years.

All with just myself and the Mrs.

Are you going with family or as a couple?

We've always booked with either Virgin or TravelCity Direct (Virgins sister company)  

We've stayed down International drive most times.

Also we've done the West Coast 3 times and stayed in Clearwater (best beaches in the US)

All depends if you want the whole Disney on site hotel experience, Villa, Hotel.

I personally prefer Universal, SeaWold and BushGardens than Disney.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 22, 2018, 11:12am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Simariner

We've always booked with either Virgin or TravelCity Direct (Virgins sister company)  

Also we've done the West Coast 3 times and stayed in Clearwater (best beaches in the US)

All depends if you want the whole Disney on site hotel experience, Villa, Hotel.

Cheers mate,

Would be a family, 1 little one, but don't want to go too early, and him not be at the age to be able to do most things.

Not sure on Villa, or Disney hotel, Villa is more relaxed and do as you please, but not sure if a Disney hotel would be better for a child.
Posted by: Grim74, February 23, 2018, 2:57pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Cheers mate,

Would be a family, 1 little one, but don't want to go too early, and him not be at the age to be able to do most things.

Not sure on Villa, or Disney hotel, Villa is more relaxed and do as you please, but not sure if a Disney hotel would be better for a child.

Trust me mate after a few days in the Disney parks last thing you will want to do is go back to a hotel and see more Micky and Goofy overload, with a little one you really want somewhere just to relax and chill out a bit.
Posted by: Grim74, February 23, 2018, 3:01pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Simariner

Clearwater really nice beach and well worth a visit but st pete's beach a bit further down is nicer with more going on.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 10:29pm