Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 23, 2018, 7:34pm
Interesting appointment!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42709928
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 23, 2018, 7:41pm; Reply: 1
Was the interview process all correct and followed the FA protocols, e.g. A candidate from BAME, a female application.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 23, 2018, 7:42pm; Reply: 2
I thought that had been confirmed a couple of weeks ago
Posted by: blundellpork, January 23, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 3
Plenty of Neville gold out there-

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/phil-neville-reveals-hes-never-8388812

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/839573/Sky-Sports-Phil-Neville-count-to-four-Twitter-Ross-Barkley
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 23, 2018, 8:02pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Gaffer58
Was the interview process all correct and followed the FA protocols, e.g. A candidate from BAME, a female application.

Is he any good at ironing?
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 23, 2018, 9:06pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I thought that had been confirmed a couple of weeks ago

First I've heard of it today and it's only just appeared on the BBC website tonight.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2018, 9:39pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin

First I've heard of it today and it's only just appeared on the BBC website tonight.

It was mentioned that he was in the running a couple of weeks back, but it was only confirmed today that he had the job.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), January 23, 2018, 10:30pm; Reply: 7
Delighted with this. It’s testament to how far the female game has gone and the hard work of people in it, that big names from the men’s game are embracing it.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 23, 2018, 10:57pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 120790
Delighted with this. It’s testament to how far the female game has gone and the hard work of people in it, that big names from the men’s game are embracing it.

Phil Neville? one of the most boring tv pundits around.

Most of the team will likely fall asleep during his team talks.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 23, 2018, 11:00pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from arryarryarry

Phil Neville? one of the most boring tv pundits around.

Most of the team will likely fall asleep during his team talks.

Nah.......Phil will make them a strong coffee   :)

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 23, 2018, 11:01pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

This trial by twitter is getting completely out of hand.

I wouldn't use it myself, but if you do and put poor quality jokes on there, or have views at the time that you don't now, it is becoming a nightmare. It is a life sentence it seems.

Phil Neville seems to have made some "jokes" on twitter years ago, quite innocently, and yet he is being hounded about them. What is up with people? It is real life that matters isn't it? Had he been convicted of any wrongdoing then he wouldn't have been considered for the job would he? As far as I know he has never been in trouble (apart from on the field!) and in actual fact did have a very good career.

I wonder what the world is coming to I really do.

LCL aged 62 and 3/4.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2018, 11:02pm; Reply: 11
He hardly has a sterling record in management/coaching does he? I expect he has got the job more to lift the profile of Women's Football than for his ability. There are probably unknown coaches out there that have been doing the job for years that deserve a chance in front of him.
Posted by: Tommy, January 23, 2018, 11:05pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 120790

Big name as a player.

Done nothing in coaching yet to merit getting a national team coaching job at any level IMO.
Posted by: Maringer, January 24, 2018, 7:01am; Reply: 13
Jobs for the boys. So to speak. It's not what you know, it's who you know.

If I was one of the England ladies, I'd be feeling a bit miffed that somebody who has only been coaching for 5 minutes has been awarded the job.
Posted by: Father Christmas, January 24, 2018, 7:15am; Reply: 14
Non football
Posted by: oldun, January 24, 2018, 8:41am; Reply: 15
The women's game has come on leaps and bounds in the past couple of years. If only the could find goalkeepers.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 24, 2018, 1:04pm; Reply: 16
I have watched the womens game for a good few years and they have come on leaps and bounds ,

Although they do not have the physical strength of the men they play good attractive football.

A lot more enjoyable than watching Sladeball.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 24, 2018, 1:20pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have watched the womens game for a good few years and they have come on leaps and bounds ,

Although they do not have the physical strength of the men they play good attractive football.

I'm not denying that there are lots of talented skillful women footballers Pete

To my mind though their game is always so error strewn - it reminds me of when I used to watch my lad playing junior football, when one moment of magic is followed by a moment of madness

Entertaining undoubtedly but it's not ever going to be a gripping as the men's competitive game just because there are so many accidents waiting to happen
Posted by: Mallyner, January 24, 2018, 3:00pm; Reply: 18
The last few England's women's teams games I have watched have in my opinion have been a pleasure to watch with some great skills on show.   :)  I noticed in one of his messages today, Phil used the often corrected on here, I should of.  ;)
Posted by: TAGG, January 24, 2018, 3:08pm; Reply: 19

This trial by twitter is getting completely out of hand.

I wouldn't use it myself, but if you do and put poor quality jokes on there, or have views at the time that you don't now, it is becoming a nightmare. It is a life sentence it seems.

Phil Neville seems to have made some "jokes" on twitter years ago, quite innocently, and yet he is being hounded about them. What is up with people? It is real life that matters isn't it? Had he been convicted of any wrongdoing then he wouldn't have been considered for the job would he? As far as I know he has never been in trouble (apart from on the field!) and in actual fact did have a very good career.

I wonder what the world is coming to I really do.

LCL aged 62 and 3/4.

Agree mate.
People get so offended about anything nowerdays and then can't wait to attack for it.

Anyhow women's football is proper excrement and I doubt Neville or anyone else will make it any better.
Posted by: Grim74, January 24, 2018, 5:21pm; Reply: 20
Poor decisions just like the Giggs one its appointment by name and not experience, from what I heard he didnt even formally apply for the job. As for his twitter posts he should Never of apologised by doing so he's giving credence to these PC joyless sponge male masturbators.
Posted by: Father Christmas, January 24, 2018, 6:24pm; Reply: 21
Bruised boob
Posted by: golfer, January 24, 2018, 6:39pm; Reply: 22
Shhh- keep it quiet. If the women celebrities get to hear about it they will want all women footballers to be on £1/2million a week like Sanchez-equal pay and all that
Posted by: RonMariner, January 24, 2018, 8:00pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

To my mind though their game is always so error strewn -

Maybe they should play their games at BP. we are accustomed to error strewn performances  :)
Posted by: Stadium, January 24, 2018, 8:47pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from grimsby pete

Great wind up or a comedy gold moment.
It's generally horrendous.
No doubt some here will be offended......
Posted by: TAGG, January 24, 2018, 8:57pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Stadium

Great wind up or a comedy gold moment.
It's generally horrendous.
No doubt some here will be offended......

It is absolutely terrible to watch.
I watched a bit of the World Cup because I wanted it to be good but it was worse than I thought.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 9:33am