Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 21, 2018, 7:52pm
So in theory we need 15 points to avoid the drop, personalty I'd like 18 just to be safe. So where do you reckon they'll come from? My view is this.....

Luton - 0
Yeovil  - 0
Cheltenham - 3
Crawley - 0
Cambridge - 1
Exeter - 0
Carlisle - 1
Port Vale - 0
Lincoln - 0
Coventry - 1
Stevenage - 3
Wycombe - 0
Chesterfield - 1
Barnet - 3
Swindon - 1
Notts County - 1
VGR - 0

A bumpy ride ahead ladies & gents.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 21, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 1
For what it is worth I predict:

Luton - 0
Yeovil  - 1
Cheltenham - 1
Crawley - 0
Cambridge - 1
Exeter - 0
Carlisle - 1
Port Vale - 3
Lincoln - 1
Coventry - 0
Stevenage - 1
Wycombe - 0
Chesterfield - 1
Barnet - 1
Swindon - 0
Notts County - 0
VGR - 1

My ride is a bit bumpier Herts! I can only see 1 more win this season unless there are dramatic changes.

Posted by: mariner91, January 21, 2018, 8:12pm; Reply: 2
We need an absolute minimum of six points from the next four games.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 21, 2018, 8:19pm; Reply: 3

Luton - 0
Yeovil  - 0
Cheltenham - 1
Crawley - 3
Cambridge - 1
Exeter - 0
Carlisle -0
Port Vale - 3
Lincoln - 0
Coventry - 0
Stevenage -3
Wycombe - 0
Chesterfield - 3
Barnet - 3
Swindon - 0
Notts County - 1
VGR - 3

The above are of course based on Slade disappearing after the Yeovil game - you will see there's a 3 match unbeaten run in there thanks to caretaker manager Dave Moore

Posted by: Grimbiggs, January 21, 2018, 8:30pm; Reply: 4
Luton - 0
Yeovil  - 1
Cheltenham - 3
Crawley - 1
Cambridge - 1
Exeter - 0
Carlisle -0
Port Vale - 3
Lincoln - 1 (Optimistic ?)
Coventry - 0
Stevenage -1
Wycombe - 0
Chesterfield - 3 (Jack Lester will surely let us win this one)
Barnet - 3

17 points probably enough

Swindon - Wont matter
Notts County - Won't matter
VGR - Won't matter

We should have enough points to stay up by the final 3 games, if we are only on 46/47 points by then, I think there's a good chance we'll get relegated.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 21, 2018, 8:33pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Ipswin

The above are of course based on Slade disappearing after the Yeovil game - you will see there's a 3 match unbeaten run in there thanks to caretaker manager Dave Moore

In his wisdom Mr Fenty decides to appoint Neil Woods instead    8)

Posted by: denni266, January 21, 2018, 8:52pm; Reply: 6
I personaly think we are going to struggle , Mr Fenty  did not learn his lesson last time and is so stuck up his own rear end he cannot see what is happining and will not even listen to what everone is saying. On your own head be it cleaver cloggs
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 21, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 7
[quote=120845]So in theory we need 15 points to avoid the drop, personalty I'd like 18 just to be safe. So where do you reckon they'll come from? My view is this.....

Luton - 1
Yeovil  - 3
Cheltenham - 3
Crawley - 1
Cambridge - 1
Exeter - 1
Carlisle - 1
Port Vale - 3
Lincoln - 1
Coventry - 0
Stevenage - 3
Wycombe - 0
Chesterfield - 1
Barnet - 3
Swindon - 0
Notts County - 1
VGR - 3

26 points welcome to Pete's world  :)

Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 21, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 8
Forget chesterfield Luton Notts co Coventry Swindon Wycombe Lincoln

Hopeful...Yeovil cheltenham Barnet Crawley Cambridge Stevenage

Maybe...Carlisle port vale  Exeter fgr
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 21, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 9
Just wondering how far we are away from the top three. Three go up you know.   ;) ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 21, 2018, 9:53pm; Reply: 10
An apt thread title should read when are the new players promised by both Sladeball and Fenty coming in!
Posted by: Ipswin, January 21, 2018, 10:11pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

In that case 'nil point' for the rest of the season
Posted by: GrimRob, January 21, 2018, 10:29pm; Reply: 12
I ran the calculator was very pessimistic, couple of wins and a few draws, but we still easily survived

16     Cheltenham     46     -10     56
17     Stevenage     46     -12     53
18     Crewe     46     -15     52
19     Grimsby     46     -17     50
20     Morecambe     46     -20     47
21     Forest Green     46     -25     46
22     Yeovil     46     -20     45
23     Chesterfield     46     -30     41
24     Barnet     46     -32     32

I think we'd need to have one of the worst three months of our entire history to go down

https://thefishy.co.uk/football-calculator.php
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 21, 2018, 10:41pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from GrimRob
I ran the calculator was very pessimistic, couple of wins and a few draws, but we still easily survived

I think we'd need to have one of the worst three months of our entire history to go down

They say that history often repeats itself, only a fool doesn't learn from that, and I'm pointing at you Fenty.  
Posted by: LH, January 21, 2018, 10:42pm; Reply: 14
My calculations just before Christmas had very similar results to yours, Rob. 50 points is the usual comfortably safe figure but I reckon this year will be a bit lower than that. I had it as 43 securing safety but there has been an upturn in form from the lower teams since.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 21, 2018, 11:04pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Marinerz93

They say that history often repeats itself, only a fool doesn't learn from that, and I'm pointing at you Fenty.  

If this was a "normal" division with 3 relegation places we might be in more trouble, but you have to be monumentally crap this year to go down. I think we're in trouble next year for sure as season ticket sales are likely to be well down after months of fairly meaningless games. People are going to get out the habit of going between now and then. I struggle to believe Slade can even identify realistic targets, never mind persuade them to join him (he spent all summer looking for a No. 9 and ended up with Hooper). So the combination of a poor squad, a small kitty and an uninspiring manager mean we could we'll struggle next year.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 21, 2018, 11:04pm; Reply: 16
In the year York went down, we would already be safe as both they and Dagenham only managed 34 points. Other seasons, 50 points hasn't been enough. The thing is, you never know what is going to happen. We will probably be safe, probably....
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 21, 2018, 11:15pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from GrimRob

If this was a "normal" division with 3 relegation places we might be in more trouble, but you have to be monumentally crap this year to go down. I think we're in trouble next year for sure as season ticket sales are likely to be well down after months of fairly meaningless games. People are going to get out the habit of going between now and then. I struggle to believe Slade can even identify realistic targets, never mind persuade them to join him (he spent all summer looking for a No. 9 and ended up with Hooper). So the combination of a poor squad, a small kitty and an uninspiring manager mean we could we'll struggle next year.

How would you describe what's been on offer so far, I don't think the players are completely crap it's just that they either can't play to Sladeballs instructions or don't like playing his style. I think Hopper could be a very effective striker but he has to be the laziest player we have had in many seasons of being poor.

I worry too for next season especially how this one is going and lack of support the board is giving Slade. Both of them are incapable of being successful it seems in football.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 21, 2018, 11:23pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Marinerz93

How would you describe what's been on offer so far, I don't think the players are completely crap it's just that they either can't play to Sladeballs instructions or don't like playing his style. I think Hopper could be a very effective striker but he has to be the laziest player we have had in many seasons of being poor.

I worry too for next season especially how this one is going and lack of support the board is giving Slade. Both of them are incapable of being successful it seems in football.

Hopper  :).........Hooper..Hooper..Hooper.

Posted by: Badger57, January 21, 2018, 11:37pm; Reply: 19

Hopper  :).........Hooper..Hooper..Hooper.

No hoper?

Posted by: arryarryarry, January 22, 2018, 12:31am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Marinerz93

Unfortunately some of our players are crap, why after Slade bought them are they no where near being first choice.

As regards Hooper, not sure where you would get the idea he could be an effective striker based on what he has done for us so far and I suggest you have a read what the Port Vale fans thought of him.
Posted by: lukeo, January 22, 2018, 6:45am; Reply: 21
Holy excrement, I've tried to be be unbiased and now I'm sitting bricks..

21     Morecambe     46     -24     45
22     Grimsby     46     -16     44
23     Barnet     46     -20     43
24     Forest Green     46     -30     41
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 22, 2018, 7:33am; Reply: 22
Hang on a minute ..

Is this the same 15 points we need to secure our playoff place ?
Posted by: golfer, January 22, 2018, 8:35am; Reply: 23

Nil PWA [for those who don't speak French
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 22, 2018, 9:32am; Reply: 24
I am hoping we can get a few wins early to ease the pressure.
On the positive side, the players are clearly still playing for Slade and the effort it there.
It does look like we are not going to add the required quality though, talk of players being expensive is hard to swallow after the club statement.

Look at how Forest Green have strengthened, lots of people are expecting them to be in trouble, I think they will end up finishing above us.

Our need for a striker is even more severe now Matt is injured and we need to add someone with the quality to make us better straight away.  
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 22, 2018, 9:54am; Reply: 25
Quoted from lukeo

Think fgr will do better than that but Barnet are doomed
We will need three wins and two draws to survive
Posted by: codcheeky, January 22, 2018, 10:07am; Reply: 26
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Think fgr will do better than that but Barnet are doomed
We will need three wins and two draws to survive

It's very depressing that this is what we are hoping for out off the season before the end of  January.
I did not want Slade back but was hopeful in the summer we would build team around Jones and Osbourne and move forward,  Slade's signings have been terrible, even a player with the talent of Dembele  seems not to be utilized properly  That most will be hay with a dull 0-0 at home on Saturday about sums up how low our expectations have plummeted
Posted by: ginnywings, January 22, 2018, 10:18am; Reply: 27
Quoted from GrimRob

Something like a record 25 game winless run you mean? That would never happen. Oh!..........
Posted by: monkeyboy, January 22, 2018, 10:54am; Reply: 28
Trouble is Hooper has not any sort of run of games to show wether he can be any good good, same with Cardwell.  Another manager (a proper one) could maybe get these players looking like superstars to what they are now.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 22, 2018, 12:17pm; Reply: 29
50 points ? I can't see us scoring 50 goals this season!

We have scored 28 league goals this season compared to 35 at the same stage last season. Altogether we scored 59 last season.

It's goals that earn points**, and I can't see us scoring many!  

** Yes I know 0-0 games give us a point, but we would need 15 0-0's out of our 17 remaining games !!
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 22, 2018, 12:58pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
50 points ? I can't see us scoring 50 goals this season!

We have scored 28 league goals this season compared to 35 at the same stage last season. Altogether we scored 59 last season.

It's goals that earn points**, and I can't see us scoring many!  

** Yes I know 0-0 games give us a point, but we would need 15 0-0's out of our 17 remaining games !!

FFS Don't give him idea's.  He might be reading this  ??)
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 22, 2018, 1:18pm; Reply: 31
I did it and was fairly pessimistic and still got us to 50 points. The good news is that we've probably post the Luton game got the best run in of the relegation contenders. FGR have to play all the teams at the top.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 22, 2018, 1:20pm; Reply: 32
Just had a look at the result last time we played the teams we are yet to play this season. (Yes I know it is not an exact science....)

LUTON      D   1-1
YEOVIL       D    0-0
CHELT        L     0-1
CRAWL     L    2-3
CAMBS      W    1-0
EXETER     L   0-3
CARLISLE  W    2-1
VALE           L    1-2
LINCOLN  D   1-1
COVEN      L   2-3
STEVEN    D   2-2
WYCOM     L   1-2
CHEST/F    D   2-2
BARNET     D    2-2
SWIND     L    0-2
NOTTS       W    2-0
FGR          W    1-0

If we did the same as last time we would get 18 points  -  enough for safety.

So where do you think we can get at least 15 points ?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 22, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from GrimRob

When I was a kid the GCT service for that always used to run to Waltham.... maybe it's been changed and that's why it took Russ so long to find one
Posted by: Reverendmariner, January 22, 2018, 1:41pm; Reply: 34
I don't think we'll go down this season, but I do see comparisons with the seasons before we actually went down last time. When we were promoted, I believed that our exile in that awful league was something that would never be repeated, that it was all in the past and that we were on the way back to permanent League membership and stability, with promotion a possibility every year. Now I'm not so sure. We seem to be in another situation of despair. As posted above, if the club is not careful, it will be impossible to recruit ambitious  players, and we shall end up with everyone else's don't wants and a slide that will eventually take us down again.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 22, 2018, 4:24pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from lukeo

What did you predict for the last game of the season at FGR Luke?
Posted by: lukeo, January 22, 2018, 5:15pm; Reply: 36
I only did town results on mine, I said 2 weeks ago I can see Fgr surging up the table with the quality they've signed. Clearly a club that have seen things need to happen and acted upon it quickly.
Posted by: Meza, January 22, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 37
Luton - 1
Yeovil  - 3
Cheltenham - 0
Crawley - 3
Cambridge - 1
Exeter - 0
Carlisle - 3
Port Vale - 1
Lincoln - 1
Coventry - 0
Stevenage - 3
Wycombe - 0
Chesterfield - 1
Barnet - 3
Swindon - 1
Notts County - 1
VGR - 3
Posted by: chaos33, January 22, 2018, 9:41pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Just had a look at the result last time we played the teams we are yet to play this season. (Yes I know it is not an exact science....)

LUTON      D   1-1
YEOVIL       D    0-0
CHELT        L     0-1
CRAWL     L    2-3
CAMBS      W    1-0
EXETER     L   0-3
CARLISLE  W    2-1
VALE           L    1-2
LINCOLN  D   1-1
COVEN      L   2-3
STEVEN    D   2-2
WYCOM     L   1-2
CHEST/F    D   2-2
BARNET     D    2-2
SWIND     L    0-2
NOTTS       W    2-0
FGR          W    1-0

If we did the same as last time we would get 18 points  -  enough for safety.

So where do you think we can get at least 15 points ?

That has confused me. You mean last time we played them this season? Surely lots of those results are wrong? We beat Chesterfield, Vale and Swindon for a start... ?
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 22, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 39
No he means the scores in the most recent games at that venue (home or away) mostly in the corresponding fixture last season
Posted by: chaos33, January 22, 2018, 9:51pm; Reply: 40
Right I see......
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 22, 2018, 9:56pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from chaos33
Right I see......

That's right. Sorry to confuse you, I knew what I meant I think?

Posted by: Abdul19, January 22, 2018, 10:03pm; Reply: 42
My betting shows that guessing a football result on the day is difficult enough, so I'm not even going to attempt guessing the result of a game in 96 days time!
Posted by: chaos33, January 22, 2018, 10:33pm; Reply: 43
Yes mine shows that too (glare)
Posted by: Grimbiggs, February 3, 2018, 11:59pm; Reply: 44
3 games later...where are the 14 points coming from then?.....realistically will 10 more points be enough?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 4, 2018, 12:12am; Reply: 45
Quoted from Grimbiggs
3 games later...where are the 14 points coming from then?.....realistically will 10 more points be enough?

Probably as Chesterfield would then have to get 19 to catch us and 20 to overtake. They have managed 27 all season.

However, i take nothing for granted.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, February 4, 2018, 12:19am; Reply: 46
Stevenage (H) Good Friday
Wycombe (A)   Easter Monday
Chesterfield (H)
Barnet     (H)
Swindon  (A)
Notts County (H)
VGR (A)

Those two home games just after Easter could prove decisive.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 4, 2018, 8:07am; Reply: 47
I am concerned that if there are 3 'six point' games two of which are at home from which we should get 7 points, then they are the ones where we get nowt. So putting aside Chesterfield, Barnet and FGR we need to spring the odd unexpected win a couple of times - surely between now and May we can fluke something - cant we?
Posted by: lukeo, February 4, 2018, 8:18am; Reply: 48
Quoted from lukeo

Thought I'd re run it and just doing our results..

21     Grimsby     46     -20     44
22     Crewe     46     -25     42
23     Chesterfield     46     -33     36
24     Barnet     46     -30     33
Posted by: Grimbiggs, February 4, 2018, 10:41am; Reply: 49
Doesn't look good does it, when we were told in the summer that we'd got a competitive squad ready for that promotion push.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 4, 2018, 12:27pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Doesn't look good does it, when we were told in the summer that we'd got a competitive squad ready for that promotion push.

I believed it as well (fool)
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 4, 2018, 1:22pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I believed it as well (fool)

I also believed them when they said they would get rid of poor players and bring in good ones during the January transfer window.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, February 10, 2018, 5:22pm; Reply: 52
Probably will need 10-12 points now, where are they coming from?
Posted by: Grimbiggs, February 25, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 53
A month later, whilst I thought we would have got 6 points more by now (only achieved 1!), we probably need another 9/10 points to definately stay up, what does everyone else think?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 25, 2018, 3:26pm; Reply: 54
We are not even averaging 0.3 points per game over what is almost a third of the season. First started to have concerns after the Morecambe defeat, and we have not improved one iota since. Yesterday was terrible for us, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. Funny thing is that i thought the bottom teams had harder games than usual and i expected them to mostly carry on losing. Some of the results of the teams below us showed they have the capability to not only score goals and win games, but do it against sides they should have struggled against. I can't see us doing that and relegation is looming large. We need a weekend opposite to yesterday, where we win and they mostly lose, but i can't see it at the moment.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), February 25, 2018, 3:38pm; Reply: 55
Best hope is that JF splashes the cash to find  some unattached goalscoring mercenary from somewhere....which is pretty slim I'd say!

We need a goalscorer more than a new manager. What can a new guy do with a team without a goalscorer?

It's a weird and sad day when you're wishing for another Conlon.  :B

And we let Amond walk away......
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 25, 2018, 3:43pm; Reply: 56

And we let Amond walk away......[/quote]

That sickens me to the pit of my stomach how the fuk did we let that happen.
Posted by: Impish2, February 25, 2018, 3:51pm; Reply: 57
If we play like yesterday and continue to be as poor as we have for quite a while you will get at least a point at SB.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, February 25, 2018, 4:10pm; Reply: 58
Can we bring in someone from abroad or non league outside the window? I know we can loan players to club's outside the league does it work the other way also I.e we could loan players from non league?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 25, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Can we bring in someone from abroad or non league outside the window? I know we can loan players to club's outside the league does it work the other way also I.e we could loan players from non league?

I believe we can only sign and play a player who was unattached at the end of the last transfer window. Victor Anichebe is available, as is Nile Ranger who is a massive bell end but better than what we have, Carlton Cole, Will Hoskins, Matt Fryatt.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 25, 2018, 4:21pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Only unattached players released during the window are available now. At least i think that's the rule. There must be some, somewhere.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 25, 2018, 4:25pm; Reply: 61
Re managers coming in just listening to Bellamy on the TV, if we could get someone like him we could have a chance.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 25, 2018, 4:26pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from 75

I believe we can only sign and play a player who was unattached at the end of the last transfer window. Victor Anichebe is available, as is Nile Ranger who is a massive bell end but better than what we have, Carlton Cole, Will Hoskins, Matt Fryatt.

Fryatt has retired...... before he got a phone call from JF & his accountant.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 25, 2018, 4:42pm; Reply: 63
Ricky Lambert retired in October. Still only 36 and bet he is missing playing. You don't ask, you don't know.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 26, 2018, 4:18pm; Reply: 64
Well here goes My answer to the question (although I don't think we will need anything like 15 points)

Carlisle 1pt
P Vale 3pts
Stevenage 3pts
Chesterfield 3pts
Barnet 3pts
Nott Co 1pt
FGR 1pt
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 26, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Ipswin
Well here goes My answer to the question (although I don't think we will need anything like 15 points)

Carlisle 1pt
P Vale 3pts
Stevenage 3pts
Chesterfield 3pts
Barnet 3pts
Nott Co 1pt
FGR 1pt

Considering we have conceded at least one goal in each of our last 13 games and actually let in 25 goals, if that run was to continue then we would have to score at least 11 goals but more likely 18 goals in those 7 games and in that run of 13 games we have scored 5 goals.

Some turnaround.
Posted by: OneLove, February 27, 2018, 8:31am; Reply: 66
Quoted from ginnywings
Ricky Lambert retired in October. Still only 36 and bet he is missing playing. You don't ask, you don't know.

Could do a swoop for Lambert, Lee Trundle and Ebanks Blake.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, March 17, 2018, 6:22pm; Reply: 67
This thread was started 21st January, 9 games on and we only have 2 more points to show for it. Just goes to show what a desperate situation we're in, and how irresponsible the board has been.
Posted by: rancido, March 17, 2018, 6:44pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Grimbiggs
This thread was started 21st January, 9 games on and we only have 2 more points to show for it. Just goes to show what a desperate situation we're in, and how irresponsible the board has been.

How irresponsible and clueless Slade was.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 17, 2018, 7:41pm; Reply: 69
still giggling that on the 22nd Feb JF stated his belief this squad of players could get another 20 points  ;D

By my reckoning thats just one more loss this season to come ...good times
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 17, 2018, 7:51pm; Reply: 70
Well if the other teams keep dropping points a draw against Barnet and Chesterfield will be enough.

I would like to see us win a couple just so we don't go into next season on a 26 game winless streak .
Posted by: ginnywings, March 17, 2018, 8:02pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from moosey_club
still giggling that on the 22nd Feb JF stated his belief this squad of players could get another 20 points  ;D

By my reckoning thats just one more loss this season to come ...good times

Was thinking the same thing earlier. Just the 6 wins and a draw from the last 8 needed.

Shoes how misguided their thinking is. It was obvious after the Morecambe game that we were in the deep brown stuff.
Posted by: TAGG, March 17, 2018, 8:32pm; Reply: 72
I very much hope I'm wrong but I can't see us picking up more than 2 more points 😭😭
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 17, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from TAGG
I very much hope I'm wrong but I can't see us picking up more than 2 more points 😭😭

Looking in at our run the only way we can survive is by beating Stevenage, Chesterfield and Barnet. Based upon our current level we can't expect anything from Notts County, Cov, Swindon and FGR.

We are in deep sh1t !  
Posted by: Tommy, March 17, 2018, 8:51pm; Reply: 74
The odd thing is that this group of players were picking up points fine up until Xmas. Despite most games being poor to watch and us not threatening the play offs, we were steadily picking up points. Probably enough for mid-table nothingness.

We've only really lost Sam Jones out of players that we've used this season (Osborne, Clements, Asante etc were never involved anyway). So how have we regressed so much.

Look at the team that beat Swindon 3-2:

Macca
Mills Clarke Collins Davies
Dembele Rose Summerfield Jaiyesimi
Matt Jones

That was a good game and a decent performance. All those players are still here apart from Jones.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 17, 2018, 8:53pm; Reply: 75
Dembele is not the player he was though. He went through a real purple patch in the autumn.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 17, 2018, 10:04pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Tommy
The odd thing is that this group of players were picking up points fine up until Xmas. Despite most games being poor to watch and us not threatening the play offs, we were steadily picking up points. Probably enough for mid-table nothingness.

We've only really lost Sam Jones out of players that we've used this season (Osborne, Clements, Asante etc were never involved anyway). So how have we regressed so much.

Look at the team that beat Swindon 3-2:

Macca
Mills Clarke Collins Davies
Dembele Rose Summerfield Jaiyesimi
Matt Jones

That was a good game and a decent performance. All those players are still here apart from Jones.

Dixon started playing, Woolford started playing, Berrett started playing...
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:20pm