Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: barralad, January 20, 2018, 7:53pm
Different groups of Lincoln fans at Peterborough services reckon Nathan has left them and is on his way back to us.

Thoughts?
Posted by: mimma, January 20, 2018, 7:57pm; Reply: 1
Load of rubbish!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 20, 2018, 7:57pm; Reply: 2
I'd have him back if only because it makes me smile every time I hear his name.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 20, 2018, 7:57pm; Reply: 3
I'd welcome him with open arms. Heard this last week, but didn't give it much thought.  A player that should never have been allowed to leave.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 20, 2018, 7:58pm; Reply: 4
Heard that at match last Sat.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 20, 2018, 7:58pm; Reply: 5
I’d snap your hand off. Just because i want to feel a connection to a player again
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 20, 2018, 8:00pm; Reply: 6

Hope so but why would he want to leave Lincoln at the moment for us ?
Posted by: mariner91, January 20, 2018, 8:01pm; Reply: 7
Midfield three of Summerfield, Rose and Jones when he's fit/finds form and a forward three of Arnold, Vernam and Dembele should be enough to keep us up!
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 20, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 8
I'd have him back in an absolute heartbeat.
Posted by: barralad, January 20, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

Hope so but why would he want to leave Lincoln at the moment for us ?

I asked the same question. Apparently he's not a regular at the moment.
Posted by: chaos33, January 20, 2018, 8:05pm; Reply: 10
I would love that to be true and agree with Hagrid. Plus, he's better than several of the players we have currently so would improve us.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 20, 2018, 8:13pm; Reply: 11
Danny Cowley was asked if was leaving today and said that he's had a horrendous week personally.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 20, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 12
Putting aside our emotional attachment, and also putting aside that i so mistrust the club at the moment, i am asking myself if this would be a cynical move to get the fans onside, the only criteria is- will he improve the side?

Yes he would, so i'm hoping this is true.
Posted by: barralad, January 20, 2018, 8:19pm; Reply: 13
Just looked on Lincoln Vital and someone has said he was unavailable to them this week because his daughter has been "very poorly".
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), January 20, 2018, 8:20pm; Reply: 14
Absolutely Yes!! Someone who actually gives a Sh1te about this Club!!

That Goal!!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 20, 2018, 8:26pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from barralad
Different groups of Lincoln fans at Peterborough services reckon Nathan has left them and is on his way back to us.

Thoughts?

I think they are having a joke at your expense 😉
Posted by: toontown, January 20, 2018, 8:39pm; Reply: 16
It'd be great to see Nath back! Knows how to score too which would be handy right now. Please be true!
Posted by: Grantley, January 20, 2018, 8:58pm; Reply: 17
If his daughter really is very poorly, then he's had a couple of horrendous years, footballing triumph aside. Stuff like that effects people. Hope his luck changes.

On an unrelated note, I'd have him back hear now. He's got the ability, a connection with the fans and he's just a good guy to have around. Feel like this is a pipe dream atm!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 20, 2018, 10:05pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from barralad
Just looked on Lincoln Vital and someone has said he was unavailable to them this week because his daughter has been "very poorly".

Hope that she gets well very soon.
Posted by: toontown, January 20, 2018, 10:38pm; Reply: 19
Yes, irrespective of whether there is any chance of him rejoining us, and if it is correct that his daughter is very sick, then I hope she is better as soon as possible.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), January 20, 2018, 11:00pm; Reply: 20
I heard this on Wednesday night too but chose to ignore it as speculation
Posted by: H19P1, January 20, 2018, 11:10pm; Reply: 21
Mixed emotions with this thread. Hope his daughter gets well soon and if Nathan ever returns he'll be welcomed with open arms.

First thing first, family is family and if you're reading this Nathan our thoughts are with you.
Posted by: Garth, January 20, 2018, 11:10pm; Reply: 22
Doubt Slade would play him anyway
Posted by: barralad, January 20, 2018, 11:17pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from toontown
Yes, irrespective of whether there is any chance of him rejoining us, and if it is correct that his daughter is very sick, then I hope she is better as soon as possible.

Why would anybody red cross this post?
Posted by: rancido, January 21, 2018, 11:55am; Reply: 24
Quoted from barralad

Why would anybody red cross this post?

'Cos unfortunately there are some right tools who post on here !!
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 21, 2018, 12:46pm; Reply: 25
Firstly, I hope that Nathans daughter recovers from what ever has made her unwell.

Secondly, will absolutely love to have Nathan back if reports are true, can we go back for Pearson and one or two others we should have never let go too.
Posted by: lee65, January 21, 2018, 1:14pm; Reply: 26
I was sad to see Nathan leave as he is more than good enough at this level

People talk about “that” goal, but I saw how good his skill and control was when we beat Eastleigh 1-0 away the other year (I was close to the touch line) and I was very impressed from then
Posted by: Cloudy, January 21, 2018, 1:25pm; Reply: 27
Hope his young daughter makes a speedy and full recovery.

Honestly don't think he would improve us. A 1 game in 4 player during his last season with us and not a regular starter at any time in his FL career.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 21, 2018, 1:30pm; Reply: 28
As well as a decent player he is clearly a decent fella too. Stuff I remember,....

When he first arrived he was injured and could not start the season my lasting memory of that first game at Kiddy was Nathan in the car park talking to some LD kids, they where fascinated by his tattoos and he took time to let them look at his arms and answer all sorts of question.

Same season at Torquay a girl got hit with a ball in the warm despite the best efforts of a steward he jumped over the fence and legged it up the stand to make sure she was alright.

After the Barnet inflatable win he and Dis came over to me and my lad to shake hands when it would have been so easy to just stand off the supporters.

So as they say you get back what you put in, whichever shirt he wares I wish him every success.  
Posted by: toontown, January 21, 2018, 2:06pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Cloudy

Honestly don't think he would improve us. A 1 game in 4 player during his last season with us and not a regular starter at any time in his FL career.

I disagree - he is a player who works hard at his defensive duties so he could be a replacement for woolford in the sense that Slade would trust him, but he would still offer more going forward than woolford does in my opinion (which isnt that hard). With him in the squad slade might finaly feel able to leave woolford out of the 16, this would certainly improve us i feel. i.e. between DJ and Nath on the left

Also if we continue with our current form for much longer then we are in for a relegation battle, with potentially some important games against the teams around us, inclduing Village Green on the last day. One thing is certain about Nath, throughout his time at Town and Lincoln, he regularly turned it on for the big games and big moments, so he could prove really invaluable.
Posted by: mariner91, January 21, 2018, 2:50pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Cloudy

Which would make him an improvement on the vast majority of forward players we currently have at our disposal. He's also got a bit of pace which we are missing.
Posted by: livosnose, January 21, 2018, 2:54pm; Reply: 31
Wll he be better than Woolford and Kelly ? Yes. Will he also enrich the current pool of barbers in the Grimsby area? Yes. Can he make Potato heads hair grow back ? No.
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 21, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 32
Can’t see Slade going for him. He has made a clean sweep of virtually everything put in place by previous managers and all his signings (I think) have played at a higher level, not the same or lower, so Nathan doesn’t seem to fit that profile.

Although how some of them have played at a higher level remains a mystery.

A few people on another forum believing that he might be going to Chesterfield.

For what it’s worth, I would love to see him back.

UTFM
Posted by: ginnywings, January 21, 2018, 3:41pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Posh Harry
Can’t see Slade going for him. He has made a clean sweep of virtually everything put in place by previous managers and all his signings (I think) have played at a higher level, not the same or lower, so Nathan doesn’t seem to fit that profile.

Although how some of them have played at a higher level remains a mystery.

A few people on another forum believing that he might be going to Chesterfield.

For what it’s worth, I would love to see him back.

UTFM

A previous recipe for disaster. Players who made it up the food chain, only to be found wanting. Players who were good enough but are now past their sell by date and young loanees who may or may not turn out to be good enough for a higher level in time.

Newell and Woods both got burned with this approach. You need players with drive and desire and a point to prove. We don't have enough money to recruit good players from a higher division. We end up with the Hooper's and the Kelly's and the club never seem to learn.
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 21, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 34
Frankly that would be a master stroke by the club, to get Arnold back, at this point in time.

Thought he was an excellent player and he's obviously a Grimsby legend after THAT goal in the play-off final. I'd be thrilled to have him back in the side. Can only hope this rumour is true.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 21, 2018, 5:32pm; Reply: 35
Arnold has posted on Twitter that his daughter is totally fine and nothing wrong with her, and that's not why he wasn't involved in Lincoln's matchday squad
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 21, 2018, 5:34pm; Reply: 36
Some flipping weirdos out there to make up a players daughters illness.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 21, 2018, 5:41pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from pontoonlew
Some flipping weirdos out there to make up a players daughters illness.

Posted by: Mariner93er, January 21, 2018, 5:47pm; Reply: 38
I don't think it was people making things up, as much as Cowley speaking about the personal issues of bostwick when questioned about Arnold, which seems to have caused confusion.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 21, 2018, 5:47pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Arnold has posted on Twitter that his daughter is totally fine and nothing wrong with her, and that's not why he wasn't involved in Lincoln's matchday squad

He’s on his waaaaay

Hopefully
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 21, 2018, 6:24pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Cloudy

He will always be a Town legend for his goal and also in the build up to the second goal but I agree with Cloudy in so far as he wasn't a consistent player which is a shame as on his day he could be brilliant.

However Nathan Arnold on one leg would be better than Woolford or Kelly..
Posted by: fiveallive, January 21, 2018, 6:28pm; Reply: 41
I would have Nathan Arnold back here, but with Dembele on the right Arnold could a job on the left but since Woolford is prefered to DJ which i don't understand Slade's thinking there, so i don't Slade will go for him since he likes Woolford for some strange reason.

Then there is DJ for back up, i suppose Arnold could do a job on the right where short on that wing now Bolarinwa has gone. I don't include Kelly because he's rubbish and i think end of season he will offer a Kelly and Hooper mutual termination.
Posted by: Sigone, January 21, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 42
His last season with us he had all sorts of problems, personal and fitness issues..on his day he's better than all our wingers on there best day.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 21, 2018, 8:44pm; Reply: 43
Someone on Lincoln Vital posted that Nathan had posted quite a few of his old GTFC pictures on social media recently, I can't see any on Twitter or Facebook but don't have him on Instagram so may be on there. Has anybody else seen any?

I'd love Nathan back at Town, should never have been allowed to leave in the first place IMO but I am aware he messed us about somewhat and Hurst became annoyed with it dragging on!

I think it'd be a masterstroke to bring him back to be honest, a player we all know and love, in a aposition we need strengthening and in my opinion would do wonders in terms of brining some of the fans back on board!
Posted by: Grimbiggs, January 21, 2018, 8:50pm; Reply: 44
I would have him back tomorrow, whilst Dembele has potential, 2 years down the line and we still haven't replaced somebody of Nathan's calibre, who can play on either wing, beat his man, and still score goals.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 22, 2018, 8:39am; Reply: 45
Arnold brings experience, and a great character on and off the pitch, he would be a great asset to most clubs in this division
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 22, 2018, 8:49am; Reply: 46
And we'd all be able to get an haircut again.  :)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 22, 2018, 9:27am; Reply: 47
Town should absolutely make this signing if possible .They would be getting a player who is comfortable in this area for a start so no worries on that score.From a footballing point of view should tick a lot of Slade`s boxes got pace can deliver a ball and weighs in with his share of goals.The fans would also be delighted and he would probably stick an extra 1k on the gate for his home debut such is his popularity.
Posted by: golfer, January 22, 2018, 9:38am; Reply: 48
O.K. Slade--we know you don't need a barber but sign him for his "footballing skills" [defin.  dribbling etc ]
Posted by: Mariner93er, January 22, 2018, 10:00am; Reply: 49
As much as I like Arnold, I have my doubts he'd make much of a difference here. Is signing a player who is currently the 4th choice winger at lincoln really the ambition we want the club to be showing. As I said, I'd love to be proven wrong, but i just cant see signing a 30 year old arnold being a step forward.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, January 22, 2018, 10:13am; Reply: 50
Would like him back should never have been let go.. Amond too guess that one won't happen tho!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 22, 2018, 10:28am; Reply: 51
Quoted from Mariner93er
As much as I like Arnold, I have my doubts he'd make much of a difference here. Is signing a player who is currently the 4th choice winger at lincoln really the ambition we want the club to be showing. As I said, I'd love to be proven wrong, but i just cant see signing a 30 year old arnold being a step forward.

Is he better than what we have in the positions he is likely to play and is he a better option than our current wide options? 100% Yes
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 22, 2018, 11:32am; Reply: 52
He's better than what we've got. Would be delighted to get him back.
Posted by: Impish2, January 22, 2018, 12:12pm; Reply: 53
Sounds like he could well be on his way out of SB which is sad news for us. Yes we have some good wingers but on his day he still has a lot to offer in the FL. Not sure he has consistently got up to the standards set whilst we were down in the Conference but I don't think that is down to his ability. IF he does leave and comes back to you I hope he gets a very good reception on the 17th March.
Posted by: Reverendmariner, January 22, 2018, 12:37pm; Reply: 54
I'd love to see him back.
Posted by: barralad, January 22, 2018, 12:45pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Reverendmariner
I'd love to see him back.

The power of prayer Reverend.....
Posted by: Reverendmariner, January 22, 2018, 12:51pm; Reply: 56

Ill get some candles lit ....

Posted by: Civvy at last, January 22, 2018, 12:57pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Reverendmariner

Ill get some candles lit ....

Four candles (still makes me laugh)  ;D ;D
Posted by: barrattstandman, January 22, 2018, 1:06pm; Reply: 58
Much as I like Nathan  Dembele is a better prospect for us playing wise and financially.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 22, 2018, 1:08pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from barrattstandman
Much as I like Nathan  Dembele is a better prospect for us playing wise and financially.

arnold in, preceding the departue of dembele?   just a thought.......
Posted by: sam gy, January 22, 2018, 1:14pm; Reply: 60
Why does it have to be Dembele or Arnold? Room in the squad (and team) for both. We know Arnold can play on both wings and centrally.

I’d have Arnold back any day of the week! His pace, creativity and ability to score goals is exactly what we need.

Dembele is bloody exciting, but in terms of putting the ball in the net, or playing that killer ball, or even physical stature, he’s not quite a Nathan Arnold yet.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, January 22, 2018, 3:07pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Mariner93er

It's not about ambition at the minute though is it? the board has shown no ambition at all in the last 18 months, it's all about survival now, and staying in the league this season!

I'm sure there's no harm in offering him a deal till the end of the season (even if it is only on loan) with the option of another year....Dembele apart, he's better than anything we've got at the minute.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 22, 2018, 3:11pm; Reply: 62
I'm sure that Lincoln would benefit from a swap deal involving our highly experienced left sided midfielder Martyn Woolford. As a gesture of goodwill, I would gladly include two other players who played in League 1 last season, namely JJ Hooper and Sam Kelly - mind you, if the Cowleys are as good as people make out, they'll probably turn them into the players that Slade can't.
Posted by: marinernige, January 22, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 63
Reading one post on 'vital' saying Nathan is getting a bit of racial abuse .
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 22, 2018, 9:46pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from Civvy at last

Four candles (still makes me laugh)  ;D ;D

I always thought it was ‘fork handles’ 😉
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 23, 2018, 9:58am; Reply: 65
Quoted from marinernige
Reading one post on 'vital' saying Nathan is getting a bit of racial abuse .

How is this still a problem in 2018. Will football never shed it's terrible image? Reading things like this, it seems not.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 23, 2018, 11:06am; Reply: 66
Quoted from chicaneuk

How is this still a problem in 2018. Will football never shed it's terrible image? Reading things like this, it seems not.

How do we know it is a problem? It's hardly a reliable source, it's a second or third-hand anecdotal account.
Posted by: Garth, January 24, 2018, 1:24pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from GrimRob

How do we know it is a problem? It's hardly a reliable source, it's a second or third-hand anecdotal account.

On the bench last night, seems he`s not out of favour as some would think
Posted by: RoboCod, January 24, 2018, 2:11pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Garth

On the bench last night, seems he`s not out of favour as some would think

I have doubts as to the original rumour that he's planning to come back, but I'd say a player like him being an unused sub would be more likely to add to the rumour if anything.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 5:29am