Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 20, 2018, 5:06pm

First half we sounded really good and well done RS and the players.....or

is this just a stay of execution for RS.........thoughts.

Posted by: MarinerWY, January 20, 2018, 5:11pm; Reply: 1
Point away from home eh. I'm willing to wait a few more games before making definitive judgement... I'm aware that won't be popular on here mind.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 20, 2018, 5:12pm; Reply: 2
Too soon to say, but a point v Luton and a win at Yeovil will do nicely.
Posted by: Kris2, January 20, 2018, 5:13pm; Reply: 3
Oh we didn't lose, no rage this week then everyone will be happy with how things are for another week. Who wants to make the "we can still make the playoffs" thread?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 20, 2018, 5:15pm; Reply: 4
Less than two weeks ago we had the club statement and it stressed that we are mid table and 13 points from the relegation zone. Less than a fortnight later, we are now 9 points from the relegation zone. It doesn't take a genius to work out that at that rate we are going to be in deep sh1t soon if we don't get a win or two. It's more than a good chance that we will be 6 points off it next week. Forest Green banged in 5 today and have a winnable game. Chesterfield have an even more winnable game. We have the best side in the league.

Can't win against the sides around us and i'm even more concerned after today.
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, January 20, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 5
Closer to the relegation zone than the play offs now.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 20, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 6
Merely a stay of execution. We wont do well if we play like that against Luton they will hammer us. We played well against a poor side.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 20, 2018, 5:17pm; Reply: 7
It's a Matt Heywood style turning circle. 3 points from 24 = owch
Posted by: tintowner, January 20, 2018, 5:20pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
Less than two weeks ago we had the club statement and it stressed that we are mid table and 13 points from the relegation zone. Less than a fortnight later, we are now 9 points from the relegation zone. It doesn't take a genius to work out that at that rate we are going to be in deep sh1t soon if we don't get a win or two. It's more than a good chance that we will be 6 points off it next week. Forest Green banged in 5 today and have a winnable game. Chesterfield have an even more winnable game. We have the best side in the league.

This!
Posted by: Badger57, January 20, 2018, 5:51pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ginnywings

To be honest I think Chesterfield and Forest Green are finding their feet now and will be well clear of relegation by the end of the season. Barnet are going to struggle so that leaves one place for the trap door with Morecambe, Crewe, Yeovil most perilous but with Chelmsford,  Port Vale and ourselves looking nervously over our shoulders.
That game at Yeovil looking VERY important at this moment in time.  :K)
Posted by: oldun, January 20, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 10
Don't panic the league leaders are in for a surprise next Sat
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 20, 2018, 5:57pm; Reply: 11
If carlsberg did optimistic thread titles.
Posted by: barralad, January 20, 2018, 5:59pm; Reply: 12
I csn only look game by game and we got a point away agains5 a team higher up the league than us. Surely that should be worth a nod of approval.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 20, 2018, 6:06pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from oldun
Don't panic the league leaders are in for a surprise next Sat

What with how easy their win will be?
Posted by: chaos33, January 20, 2018, 6:23pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from barralad
I csn only look game by game and we got a point away agains5 a team higher up the league than us. Surely that should be worth a nod of approval.

I agree, Barra, a good away point but in the wider context, I agree with Ginny. If we don't find a win in the next 2-4 games we are going to be well in the relegation mix, and I can't where it's coming from.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 20, 2018, 6:28pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Badger57

To be honest I think Chesterfield and Forest Green are finding their feet now and will be well clear of relegation by the end of the season. Barnet are going to struggle so that leaves one place for the trap door with Morecambe, Crewe, Yeovil most perilous but with Chelmsford,  Port Vale and ourselves looking nervously over our shoulders.
That game at Yeovil looking VERY important at this moment in time.  :K)

If we're in a relegation dogfight with Chelmsford then we really are in trouble.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, January 20, 2018, 6:37pm; Reply: 16
A point against another side who are out of form, hardly steady's the ship. It's the home games against Port Vale, Cheltenham, Stevenage, Chesterfield and Barnet, together with Yeovil, Crawley and Forest Green away, that will define our season, and I would think we would need to win at least four of those games to stay up.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 20, 2018, 7:00pm; Reply: 17
Good away point but still think we could be this seasons Hartlepool if we done get a win and a few more points s soon.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 20, 2018, 7:04pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from chaos33

I agree, Barra, a good away point but in the wider context, I agree with Ginny. If we don't find a win in the next 2-4 games we are going to be well in the relegation mix, and I can't where it's coming from.

Completey agree, but a positive performance were we should have won shows the players are still playing for the manager. I think adding some quality or not will show how serious the board are.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 20, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Grimbiggs
A point against another side who are out of form, hardly steady's the ship. It's the home games against Port Vale, Cheltenham, Stevenage, Chesterfield and Barnet, together with Yeovil, Crawley and Forest Green away, that will define our season, and I would think we would need to win at least four of those games to stay up.

Agreed. Lot's of 6 pointers there. We play 5 of those sides in the last 10 games, including the current bottom three. Four of them are at home and it may be our salvation, if we continue to struggle.

What i don't want is to have to go to FGR needing a point or three. Football throws up these kinds of fixtures. Actually, what i really want is for us to beat Luton and Yeovil, pull away from the bottom and not have to think about the unthinkable, but it's getting closer by the week.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 20, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 20
The vital match is Yeovil. Anything less than 3 points and we’re really in a relegation battle.
Posted by: Bigdog, January 20, 2018, 7:22pm; Reply: 21
Stopped the rot?

Being totally honest.. I highly doubt it..
Posted by: wiggers, January 20, 2018, 7:24pm; Reply: 22
Another game without a win, what more needs to be said?
Posted by: MarinerRob, January 20, 2018, 7:37pm; Reply: 23
Three points from last 24, I think. It all look so good when we beat Forest Green at home and was only out of playoff place on goal difference. 32 points we had then. So only three added. Worrying times.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 20, 2018, 7:47pm; Reply: 24

Looking ahead I personally think we are in big trouble as we are........not ideal but we have to give RS money in this window to improve us if that's how it has to be.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 20, 2018, 8:20pm; Reply: 25
8 matches without a win = stopped the rot (ermm)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 20, 2018, 8:47pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from MarinerRob
Three points from last 24, I think. It all look so good when we beat Forest Green at home and was only out of playoff place on goal difference. 32 points we had then. So only three added. Worrying times.

Two of those three wins on the bounce that we manage to get, culminating with the FGR victory, could though have gone the other way

We could easily have lost to Swindon but we played with our hearts and deservedly got the three points

You couldn't say the same when we beat FGR though....we really struggled against their 10 men and they could easily have sneaked a point with their second half performance

It might have looked good on paper, but it wasn't the whole story....
Posted by: GrimRob, January 20, 2018, 8:55pm; Reply: 27
Last game of the season, FGR away could be the inverse of the play-off final, whoever loses goes down  :o
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 20, 2018, 9:06pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from GrimRob
Last game of the season, FGR away could be the inverse of the play-off final, whoever loses goes down  :o

Is it written in the stars?

Town celebrate survival on the last day and JF and RS are hoisted aloft on the fans' shoulders.... ;D
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 20, 2018, 9:42pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from GrimRob

Oh sh1t............
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 20, 2018, 9:48pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Is it written in the stars?

Town celebrate survival on the last day and JF and RS are hoisted aloft on the fans' shoulders.... ;D

Hopefully it won't be on that day, but the only thing I'd like to see them hoist by is their own petard.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 20, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 31
Ooh.. You crafty fcuker.
I forgot we were doing post of the week now.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 20, 2018, 10:46pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Two of those three wins on the bounce that we manage to get, culminating with the FGR victory, could though have gone the other way

We could easily have lost to Swindon but we played with our hearts and deservedly got the three points

You couldn't say the same when we beat FGR though....we really struggled against their 10 men and they could easily have sneaked a point with their second half performance

It might have looked good on paper, but it wasn't the whole story....

Iam no fan of RS or our style of football but in all fairness most games could go the other way if chances are taken at the right time. My recollection of FG game is that with a little composure in our passing and we would have won easily and their only chance was late on when we cleared one off the line. In reality we did ok against Mansfield and if we were awarded that blatant late penalty we would have at least two more points.

When I left that match there was no indication of what was to follow in the next three home games although we are always going to be light on goals given the quality of our strikers and the lack of goals from midfield, Rose excluded.

Cannot decide if I think we will turn Luton over next week or do a Doncaster & get a tonking. Think it will be one or the other!!!
Posted by: H19P1, January 20, 2018, 11:00pm; Reply: 33
Luton could be a typical game where we actually compete and get a win. Maybe a couple of signings this week could give us something to be hopeful for.

Not liking what's happening in and around the club at the minute but remain hopeful of league survival and consolidate for another year. Not expecting miracles, just league survival is my simple wish then improve on league position season after season.

Come on town give us fans what we deserve 🍀
Posted by: Badger57, January 20, 2018, 11:29pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If we're in a relegation dogfight with Chelmsford then we really are in trouble.

Senior moment. I seem to be having more and more of those!  :-/

Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 20, 2018, 11:31pm; Reply: 35
Worth noting the bottom 2 have a game in hand on us
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 20, 2018, 11:40pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Badger57

Senior moment. I seem to be having more and more of those!  :-/

I share your pain  :-/
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 21, 2018, 1:07pm; Reply: 37
The rot hasn't stopped until we are safe from the drop, Sladeball is dismissed and Fenty has wiped out his benign loan and given new blood to run the club.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:17am