Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 19, 2018, 7:14am
Due Diligence ..... always preached never practiced
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 19, 2018, 8:27am; Reply: 1
Newell again ? If that’s what you’re on about me like virtually everyone else was pleased with the appointment. It’s not often I defend Fenty but on that one we all were duped
Posted by: Badger57, January 19, 2018, 9:00am; Reply: 2
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Newell again ? If that’s what you’re on about me like virtually everyone else was pleased with the appointment. It’s not often I defend Fenty but on that one we all were duped

I seem to remember one solitary dissenting and forwarning voice on the fishy regarding Newell. Wasn't me, I was duped like the rest of us.  :-/
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 19, 2018, 9:22am; Reply: 3

I agree JF gave the majority what they wanted in that instance.
Posted by: barralad, January 19, 2018, 9:59am; Reply: 4
I don't remember too many dissenters when Bignot was appointed either.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 19, 2018, 10:00am; Reply: 5

Worked with a couple of Luton fans they gave fair warning.
Posted by: Mallyner, January 19, 2018, 2:36pm; Reply: 6
I can't believe somebody with pub in their username, has any gripes about Newell.  :)
Posted by: golfer, January 19, 2018, 3:02pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from fleabag1970
Due Diligence ..... always preached never practiced

Is he a vicar ?
Posted by: davmariner, January 20, 2018, 11:02am; Reply: 8

Disagree, if JF had undertaken any due diligence as any football owner should, he’d have realised what Newell was like.
Posted by: Vance Warner, January 20, 2018, 11:04am; Reply: 9
A quick phone call to the chairman of Hartlepool or Luton would have told him all he needed to know. There's a reason no-one else went near him and why he's never managed since.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 20, 2018, 12:01pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from davmariner

Disagree, if JF had undertaken any due diligence as any football owner should, he’d have realised what Newell was like.

It was an open secret known to everybody baring J.F. it would appear.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 20, 2018, 12:42pm; Reply: 11
It is JF's duty to carry out out due diligence on future managers.  It is not the fans responsibility to do this.

If true, it is not right either that JF appointed Newell to pander to the fans' popular choice and/or he appoint him as he was a "known and experienced manager".  

The dire repercussions for not carrying out due diligence checks on all potential managers are still with us now.  Character checks should be the first port of call.  Anybody can talk a good fight.  Talk is cheap.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 20, 2018, 2:00pm; Reply: 12
I agree checks should have been made 100% but they weren’t and everybody seemed happy at the time BUT never again should we find ourselves in that position.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:50am