Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 17, 2018, 5:59pm
Just wondering if I should beat the rush to get my ticket for Saturday, I assume we will be signing the new 2/3 players we require in the next 24 hours, or have I just fallen for all the PR rubbish that came out from the board and manager recently.
Posted by: dicko995, January 17, 2018, 6:08pm; Reply: 1
I'm ashamed to admit, but I got the wkend off and 3 of us were going to the game, but were going all the way to the local pub in Cleethorpes. Were all sickened by the background failures in not acting upon the recent results and still having the faith,maybe good, maybe bad, but us 3 feel our hard earned money is going to be invested in a sure thing,beer. Never ever thought I would say this, but beer comes before my club on a match day,and that's before I have a drink. Sad times when alcohol wins the day, or maybe not :)
Posted by: davmariner, January 17, 2018, 6:15pm; Reply: 2
I’ll be nearby but after seeing the performance last weekend and the one before that I can’t be arsed going.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 17, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 3
Only ever miss games down south for work but not bothering Saturday. Don’t see the point in handing over money for 4 tickets when I’m 99% guaranteed to watch Town roll over after 15 mins by the time they’re 2 down . Well done slade and fenty .
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 17, 2018, 6:43pm; Reply: 4
An afternoon on the urine in Sheffield for me with another big Town fan and a couple of other mates.

I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves more than if we were to go to the match.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 17, 2018, 6:47pm; Reply: 5
I'm not an away follower at the best of times but to read stuff like this makes me really sad.

Looks like it'll be the Fentys & Swin on Saturday then!
Posted by: Sussexmariner, January 17, 2018, 7:24pm; Reply: 6
Booked time off work weeks ago, looking forward to the match but after recent results and please get this Slade,  more importantly the absolute dire, boring, negative performances from the team like many on here I have decided not to go and support my beloved GTFC.

Posted by: gary_elton, January 17, 2018, 7:26pm; Reply: 7
I actually have this weekend off and am normally champing at the bit to go watch Town...  this weekend however I just can't be bothered...  I assume the leader will ( allegedly ) select another 11 which can lose the game and get him ( allegedly )one step closer to the push and that ( alleged ) lovely pay-off...  

I do hope we get something from the game tho... it's still my team... I'm just pee'd off at seeing the score coming in and losing.... again...

All the above came from voices inside my head and are not the sole views of the poster....  no one was bullied or hurt in the typing of this post...  ☺
Posted by: barralad, January 17, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 8
Away matches are invariably more interesting than home matches. £16 for a seat. £25 on Terry's bus. What's not to like?

UTM
Posted by: marinernige, January 17, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 9
I haven't been away since Exeter in November, but after persuasion from Chris Parker (who must have had to much sun in Australia) I'm joining him and flash on a trip to Essex.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 17, 2018, 8:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from barralad
Away matches are invariably more interesting than home matches. £16 for a seat. £25 on Terry's bus. What's not to like?

UTM

I sincerely admire you and anybody else that goes on Saturday.
You all deserve a medal as big as a bin lid. You say the players are still trying. So let’s hope they have something to applaud you for at 5:45, on Sat.  And don’t end up slinking off the pitch in embarrassment.

In 45,years I have never felt so far removed from GTFC as I do now. But at least unlike a woman, there can never be a replacement. So the door is always open. Let’s hope I’m walking back through it sooner rather than later.
UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 17, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 11
Did plan to go but got a work trip starting Sunday so may be at home with the family. Unless her indoors does something to urine me off in the meantime, in which case, where’s the pub and (at 4AM) I can still make it to Heathrow on time if I jump in a cab pop in for a quick shower.....sober up on the plane.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 17, 2018, 8:24pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Civvy at last

I sincerely admire you and anybody else that goes on Saturday.
You all deserve a medal as big as a bin lid. You say the players are still trying. So let’s hope they have something to applaud you for at 5:45, on Sat.  And don’t end up slinking off the pitch in embarrassment.

In 45,years I have never felt so far removed from GTFC as I do now. But at least unlike a woman, there can never be a replacement. So the door is always open. Let’s hope I’m walking back through it sooner rather than later.
UTM

If the game finished at 545 they would definitely deserve a big medal 🥇

Posted by: LH, January 17, 2018, 8:33pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

If the game finished at 545 they would definitely deserve a big medal 🥇

Kick off delayed due to away fans causing congestion around the ground.
Posted by: Davec, January 17, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 14
I'm going, not confident at all.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 17, 2018, 8:55pm; Reply: 15
Liverpool street to Colchester cheap. Down to kings Cross for next to nothing. Travelodge Wembley high street for thirty notes on the Saturday so it's more a weekend away ruined by the football.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 17, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from barralad

UTM

My wife has threatened to leave me if I waste any more money on following Town, so see you there.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 17, 2018, 9:04pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Les Brechin
An afternoon on the urine in Sheffield for me with another big Town fan and a couple of other mates.

I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves more than if we were to go to the match.

Unless it's where you are heading, i can recommend Kelham Island for a good session.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 17, 2018, 9:05pm; Reply: 18
I went to Colchester last season.

Not really bothered about making a 2nd visit to that typical soulless edge of town new stadium.

Could probably be our lowest away following since we returned to the league.

Got the highest admiration for all that do go though.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 17, 2018, 9:08pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from ginnywings

Unless it's where you are heading, i can recommend Kelham Island for a good session.

Already on the timetable.(yahoo)
Posted by: Ipswin, January 17, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 20
I'll be there with Swin Jnr and his Ipswich born mate who was converted to Town when he went to Wembley. He is taking his little lad too this Saturday for the first time to get him interested in Town and to experience the fantastic atmosphere of Town's away following.

Very sad if there is only the four of us plus Pete
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 17, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Ipswin
I'll be there with Swin Jnr and his Ipswich born mate who was converted to Town when he went to Wembley. He is taking his little lad too this Saturday for the first time to get him interested in Town and to experience the fantastic atmosphere of Town's away following.

Very sad if there is only the four of us plus Pete

Good job he's not been to the last few home games (I'm assuming). He'd have been hastily unconverted if he had.  ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, January 17, 2018, 9:30pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Les Brechin

Already on the timetable.(yahoo)

Nice one, enjoy.

Hoping to get there again soon myself.
Posted by: Croxton, January 17, 2018, 9:33pm; Reply: 23
Enjoy the beer in my home town Les. Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern and Shakespeares worth a look.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 17, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Croxton
Enjoy the beer in my home town Les. Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern and Shakespeares worth a look.

Seconded.
Posted by: easypeersy, January 17, 2018, 10:35pm; Reply: 25
I am going.
First away match of the season for me.
Posted by: stevethefish, January 17, 2018, 11:05pm; Reply: 26
As it's the closest team to me, i cannot not go.

I hope the first 30 minutes are better than last year where we got mullered.

Surely, things are due to start changing on Saturday. Fingers crossed.
Posted by: Grimal, January 18, 2018, 12:13am; Reply: 27
I'm going to nip over the bridge and watch Boston United knock another nail in North Ferriby's coffin. Will definitely be more exciting than trudging off down to Essex to watch our Lads get turned over again.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 18, 2018, 7:31am; Reply: 28
I was gonna go but realised them skirting boards aren't gonna clean themselves with a toothbrush are they ?
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), January 18, 2018, 10:56am; Reply: 29
Currently living in Colchester for the next couple of months. Would be silly for me to not get involved
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 18, 2018, 2:14pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from 139881
Currently living in Colchester for the next couple of months. Would be silly for me to not get involved

I 'lived' there for 24 days once and it wasn't at all pleasant.  Never even got chance to go to a match.  (The clue's in my user name)  :-/
Posted by: Ipswin, January 18, 2018, 3:14pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Civvy at last

I 'lived' there for 24 days once and it wasn't at all pleasant.  Never even got chance to go to a match.  (The clue's in my user name)  :-/

Don't they do trips from the MCTC to Colchester United?

Posted by: Civvy at last, January 18, 2018, 4:12pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Ipswin

Don't they do trips from the MCTC to Colchester United?

Funnily enough that wasn't one of the excursions on offer.   Mind you, send the fukkers to BP for a couple of games, that'll learn em.  ;D
Posted by: 4055 (Guest), January 19, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 33
its really amazing how the odd few who dont  go to games anyway, jump on the band wagon of  true supporters who go normally to games  but at the moment are  not going under protest.  They  have got a new excuse for none attendance rather than im always working, Saturdays and Tuesday evenings???   Go to the game then make a comment or  :X       Rant over.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 19, 2018, 5:34pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from 4055
its really amazing how the odd few who dont  go to games anyway, jump on the band wagon of  true supporters who go normally to games  but at the moment are  not going under protest.  They  have got a new excuse for none attendance rather than im always working, Saturdays and Tuesday evenings???   Go to the game then make a comment or  :X       Rant over.

I've followed Town for well over 40 years now, traveled the length and breadth of the country and seen us play at over 160 grounds but I'm not going tomorrow as I just cannot see us getting anything there and the type of football we're playing at the minute is bloody awful.

I really do hope I'm proved wrong and we do get the 3 points, but my Saturday afternoon will be spent on the urine in Sheffield.

Also, in all those 40 odd years, I don't think I've ever been more disillusioned than I feel now.

(I'll still have scoreflashes on my phone though, hoping against hope)
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 19, 2018, 6:39pm; Reply: 35
Your phone could be quite then Les!
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 19, 2018, 6:41pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Gaffer58
Your phone could be quite then Les!

Oh for a 0-0 draw.  ;)
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 19, 2018, 6:42pm; Reply: 37
At the moment that would be a blooming good result.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 19, 2018, 10:40pm; Reply: 38
I think the number of exiles who have said they aren’t going should be a genuine worry for fenty . Ok it doesn’t dent towns income as away fans but exiles who don’t get to see town regularly should be desperate to be there . But we’re not . And that’s down to the state the clubs in . It’s ok saying you should support the team whatever but it doesn’t work like that if fans can see and feel they’re being mugged off . We’ve been there , seen it , done it and you can’t take the urine
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 19, 2018, 11:24pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I think the number of exiles who have said they aren’t going should be a genuine worry for fenty . Ok it doesn’t dent towns income as away fans but exiles who don’t get to see town regularly should be desperate to be there . But we’re not . And that’s down to the state the clubs in . It’s ok saying you should support the team whatever but it doesn’t work like that if fans can see and feel they’re being mugged off . We’ve been there , seen it , done it and you can’t take the urine

Indeed. For anyone, whether homebased or exiled, if you've got any life outside football it's always going to present competing tensions with time and money. The ruling hierarchy have made it too easy to take the alternative.

If that means we're not 'good enough fans' then that's the club's problem.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 6:36pm