Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2018, 7:08pm
Jamille Matt's red card overturned
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 16, 2018, 7:10pm; Reply: 1
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/matt-dismissal-appeal-successful/

Nice one.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 16, 2018, 7:15pm; Reply: 2
If that is the case should the player who allegedly was poleaxe until the red card was pulled not face punishment
Posted by: LH, January 16, 2018, 7:19pm; Reply: 3
Get the game replayed. We’d have drawn if we had 11 on the pitch.  ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, January 16, 2018, 8:24pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from LH

ermmm.....EXCUSE ME.... i think you will find we would have won is the official stance of  RS.  
Posted by: RoboCod, January 16, 2018, 8:29pm; Reply: 5
It's a bit of a poor decision by the ref in the first place then. You surely have to be 100% sure you've seen a vicious elbow to hand out a straight red, yet the worst, most vicious tackles and incidents invariably get a yellow at worst.
Reminds me of the night Ollie Lancashire got the same treatment, the ref was 80 yards from the incident yet gave a red, his lino who was about 8 yards away had a word but the ref waved him away and the sending off stood. That too was rescinded.

They really don't help themselves at times do these refs.
Posted by: denni266, January 16, 2018, 8:38pm; Reply: 6
Said it was dodgy at the time , well done for appealing it
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 16, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 7
I suppose the ref always has the argument that no one else has his point of view so it's not really his decision being overturned, but the post-match penalty to JM.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 16, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from LH

Well we were on top.

According to a professional.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 17, 2018, 4:08am; Reply: 9
Quoted from crusty ole pie
If that is the case should the player who allegedly was poleaxe until the red card was pulled not face punishment

He tweeted after the game "jamma is a friend I told the ref not to send him off it was accidental." Yeah right! :K) :K)

Not saying we would have scored but it definitely took the pressure off them their manager was high fiving the players in the dugout he knew.
Posted by: Maringer, January 17, 2018, 7:51am; Reply: 10
Probably waited until Matt had been shown the red before saying anything!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 17, 2018, 1:32pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club

ermmm.....EXCUSE ME.... i think you will find we would have won is the official stance of  RS.  

But sometimes even when you've been the better team you don't always get the win you deserved....  ;)
Posted by: Mallyner, January 17, 2018, 4:03pm; Reply: 12
I have watched the extended highlights several times and  it shows Jamille walking up the tunnel without showing  Mr Polaxed getting up.  I believe that Jamille could have gone before the Newport player got up and I very much doubt that the con artist said anything to the ref.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 17, 2018, 5:10pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

But sometimes even when you've been the better team you don't always get the win you deserved....  ;)

Poppycock !!
With a dominating performance and sustained pressure on the opponents goal then with our crack strike force and supporting attacking midfield unit we would have scored at least 7 in the last ten minutes plus 8 mins injury time, i am sure the club will be raising this issue with Sean Harvey at the next EFL meeting and given our undying support for his Checkatrade baby ,you can be assured we will receive a friendly ear, then i am certain once he has heard the respected professional manager Russ's summary of the game we will actually be awarded all 3 points and our cup competition ball will go in the freezer next time around along with Man Utd to ensure we receive our turn at football fortune.

Nailed on !
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 17, 2018, 5:29pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from moosey_club

Poppycock !!
With a dominating performance and sustained pressure on the opponents goal then with our crack strike force and supporting attacking midfield unit we would have scored at least 7 in the last ten minutes plus 8 mins injury time, i am sure the club will be raising this issue with Sean Harvey at the next EFL meeting and given our undying support for his Checkatrade baby ,you can be assured we will receive a friendly ear, then i am certain once he has heard the respected professional manager Russ's summary of the game we will actually be awarded all 3 points and our cup competition ball will go in the freezer next time around along with Man Utd to ensure we receive our turn at football fortune.

Nailed on !

Yup.

The hardest part of that will be getting Man U to enter said competition in the first round 🤔
Posted by: Mendonca1995, January 17, 2018, 6:41pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Very good point/idea but surely something has to be done  with the ref it’s a pi*s poor Decision really and he should pay for it
Posted by: moosey_club, January 17, 2018, 8:17pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Civvy at last

Yup.

The hardest part of that will be getting Man U to enter said competition in the first round 🤔

Quality
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 18, 2018, 2:00pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from moosey_club

Poppycock !!

Nailed on !

;D

If only our team were sponsored by Carlsberg  ;)
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 8:01pm