Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Garth, January 16, 2018, 2:20pm
We can still make the playoffs with new signings says Slade iñ today's Telegraph.
Posted by: Grim74, January 16, 2018, 2:28pm; Reply: 1
Ive tried to remain positive with Slade but I now have to concede he's flipping deluded.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 16, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 2
There are still 54 points to play for. That would put us on 88 points. Should be enough? 8)
Posted by: cannylad68, January 16, 2018, 2:37pm; Reply: 3
If we could sign Harry Kane and a couple of others of that quality, I would agree with him.
Posted by: MarinerMart, January 16, 2018, 2:42pm; Reply: 4
What's he on lol😅😅😅😅😅😅😅
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 16, 2018, 2:43pm; Reply: 5

My wife who attends quite a few home games picked up the Telegraph this morning and said...."the man is deluded"   :)
Posted by: ginnywings, January 16, 2018, 2:45pm; Reply: 6
It's beyond us now i'm afraid. 7th spot takes 70 points or more most seasons and that would mean averaging about 2 points per game for the rest of the season. Just can't see it.

I would be more than happy just to get comfortably clear of the bottom end now.
Posted by: Grim74, January 16, 2018, 2:47pm; Reply: 7
Maybe he's in talks with Sanchez! That would explain the madness of his comments! No wonder Sanchez stalling in talks with Utd.
Posted by: Maringer, January 16, 2018, 2:48pm; Reply: 8
Well, technically, it's true.

Eleven points behind a play-off spot when you consider goal difference with 18 matches still to play.

However, to be realistic, when was the last time we went of a run of form good enough to haul back such a gap in the Football League? Decades, I'm guessing.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 16, 2018, 2:48pm; Reply: 9
Can't you all see, are you blind? It's a typo by the Telegraph (poor journalism again - prob Matt Dean) and he actually meant via the National League Play Offs next season.  The feel good factor will be back...
Posted by: monkeyboy, January 16, 2018, 2:49pm; Reply: 10
Maybe Slade should negotiate Brexit, he would get an ace deal.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 16, 2018, 3:23pm; Reply: 11
Having now read the Telegraph article, it's just the usual re-hash of something he said post match after Newport. He believes this side are capable of putting together a run and getting back up the league, but to make the top 7, we need some new signings in this window.

There is still no news on actual new signings and i think it's fair to point out again that he did say at his unveiling that top 7 as a minimum was his aim. That has now been tempered somewhat with the caveat of new signings needed to achieve that. My view is that even with a couple of really good signings in the Ricky Miller mould, we still wouldn't get there now, so let's just concentrate on getting as far up that league as we can as soon as possible.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2018, 3:26pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from monkeyboy

We've got the village idiot doing that already!
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 16, 2018, 3:38pm; Reply: 13
Although it is technically possible (Exeter last season went on a ludicrous run, they were playing well beforehand and had been unlucky) The fact is we are playing absolute garbage so we won't go on this run.
The more important question is can we get 16 points from our remaining 18 games. The way we are playing under Slade I'm actually beginning to wonder whether this is going to happen.
Posted by: gaz57, January 16, 2018, 3:58pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from monkeyboy

More like Grexit from division 2.  :'(   UTMM
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 16, 2018, 4:01pm; Reply: 15
Like I said in the other thread, I beleive with the way our club is run, if we were closer to the playoffs we wouldnt be seeing any transfer activity, if we were closer to relegation we'd be seeing much more
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 16, 2018, 4:03pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Although it is technically possible (Exeter last season went on a ludicrous run, they were playing well beforehand and had been unlucky) The fact is we are playing absolute garbage so we won't go on this run.
The more important question is can we get 16 points from our remaining 18 games. The way we are playing under Slade I'm actually beginning to wonder whether this is going to happen.

That last day game at FGR, could have a hell of a lot riding on it!
Posted by: GrimRob, January 16, 2018, 4:21pm; Reply: 17
We could still get relegated too Mr Slade
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 16, 2018, 4:32pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Les Brechin

That last day game at FGR, could have a hell of a lot riding on it!

I was about to write- "let's hope not!!" but then I realised by April we might be hoping to take it to the last day, jeez that's a depressing thought.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 16, 2018, 4:37pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from cannylad68
If we could sign Harry Kane and a couple of others of that quality, I would agree with him.

If we get rid of him maybe.

Posted by: hheh2, January 16, 2018, 4:56pm; Reply: 20
I'll be happy if we are a league two club next season at this point.
Posted by: Badger57, January 16, 2018, 5:21pm; Reply: 21
Statistically and mathematically he's right. (He loves statistics does Eggy)
However. Statistically speaking I personally think 98% of what he says is delusional balderdash.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 16, 2018, 5:34pm; Reply: 22
The man needs committing, he's beyond deluded
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 16, 2018, 6:23pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Garth
We can still make the playoffs with new signings says Slade iñ today's Telegraph.

Sladeball, we can still make the play-offs...

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ISyhLIq.gif[/img]
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 16, 2018, 6:52pm; Reply: 24
what a co.ck
Posted by: rancido, January 16, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from ginnywings
Having now read the Telegraph article, it's just the usual re-hash of something he said post match after Newport. He believes this side are capable of putting together a run and getting back up the league, but to make the top 7, we need some new signings in this window.

There is still no news on actual new signings and i think it's fair to point out again that he did say at his unveiling that top 7 as a minimum was his aim. That has now been tempered somewhat with the caveat of new signings needed to achieve that. My view is that even with a couple of really good signings in the Ricky Miller mould, we still wouldn't get there now, so let's just concentrate on getting as far up that league as we can as soon as possible.

But surely his re-building and acquisitions in the summer should have given him a basis for a top 7 position. He shouldn't need a January transfer window to correct the f**k ups he made in his summer signings. I don't know about a top 7 finish but I'd be happy with the 50 points that Hurst/Bignot achieved last season.
Posted by: heppy88, January 16, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 26
To be honest I wont be happy until he is far, far away from our club. The man is a delusional idiot. For how much longer are you happy to watch Sladeball? They will have to give out prozac with the tickets soon its that bloody depressing!
Posted by: sydney, January 16, 2018, 9:56pm; Reply: 27
So the club think we are delusional
We can see what’s happening, right in front of us on the pitch
Please time for change
Posted by: sam gy, January 17, 2018, 9:24am; Reply: 28
I’m no Slade fan, but this is just a line from his post match interview with Tondeur that had been sensationalised by the GT. A story out of nothing, and I don’t think many really picked up on it after the interview?

What’s he supposed to say when put on the spot like that? Bignot was maligned for writing off our chances when it was still technically possible but looking very unlikely.
Posted by: TAGG, January 17, 2018, 9:37am; Reply: 29
Quoted from sam gy
I’m no Slade fan, but this is just a line from his post match interview with Tondeur that had been sensationalised by the GT. A story out of nothing, and I don’t think many really picked up on it after the interview?

What’s he supposed to say when put on the spot like that? Bignot was maligned for writing off our chances when it was still technically possible but looking very unlikely.

There's always one 😂😂😂
Posted by: ginnywings, January 17, 2018, 9:38am; Reply: 30
Quoted from TAGG

There's always one 😂😂😂

Two. I said as much in my post above. Telegraph re-hash.
Posted by: LH, January 17, 2018, 9:49am; Reply: 31
When they’re re-printing the interviews from three days before and writing stories about stuff like Slimming World slimmer of the year etc I’m pretty sure the Telegraph’s daily print days are numbered.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 17, 2018, 11:12am; Reply: 32
Cannot see how they can print Daily ,Echo went once weekly years ago,mind you the standard of reporting ,would anyone miss them ,seems to  be staffed by work experience kids.
Posted by: sam gy, January 17, 2018, 11:12am; Reply: 33
Quoted from TAGG

There's always one 😂😂😂

Cool.

All I’m saying is that it probably isn’t worth a big thread and consigning Slade to the loony bin over. It’s not as if he’s made this big grand statement that we’re now gonna storm the league.

Posted by: rancido, January 17, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from sam gy

...and Slade doesn't look like he will achieve what Hurst/Bignot achieved ie 50 points.
Posted by: A Brace Of Tees, January 17, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 35
He may be deluded, he may be clueless, we may be playing sh!t football in the bottom half of the fourth division....but at least we no longer have Paul Hurst as our manager. What a complete loser that bloke turned out to be.
Posted by: 935 (Guest), January 17, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 36
Its genuinely hard to understand whats going on at GTFC at the moment, massive squad and players returning from loan yet we field a youth team as our reserves. No sign of any signing, unless they re keeping it v quiet, and just a total lack of recognition that we have the worst form in England at the moment. Its actually pretty tragic. Watching that team on saturday it was genuinely impossible to see where redemption is coming from.
Posted by: Maringer, January 17, 2018, 8:09pm; Reply: 37
I get the feeling that Slade is desperately attempting to ship out his unwanted players, hence the lack of senior players in the reserves squad. I think one or two of them are certainly worth a game or two, but he's the one making the decisions.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 17, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 38
I'm just sat back waiting for something to happen. Any bloody thing.  :(
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 17, 2018, 9:22pm; Reply: 39
For me (if fit and have their heads in the right place)  Osborne, Asante and McAllister would all have improved our first XI. It’s all academic now due to Slade’s fear of playing football.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:40am