Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 16, 2018, 1:40pm
Who are they and what have they done please can anyone explain?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 16, 2018, 1:47pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from 1mickylyons

It will be explained if someone can find the original post from Getyourfactsright. I believe he was replying to someone and suggested they and 4 others were part of the "fishy five". Cannot remember the topic.

Maybe Rob knows
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 16, 2018, 1:50pm; Reply: 2
John Fenty said there are about 5 Fishy posters that are vile.

He does not like me  Ipswin or Marinerz93 ,

I have no idea who the other two are but I think looking at the posts over the last few weeks,

Our numbers might have increased,

John does not mind anybody talking about him on here in fact he wants you to,

BUT

Only if you say nice things about him.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 16, 2018, 1:51pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It will be explained if someone can find the original post from Getyourfactsright. I believe he was replying to someone and suggested they and 4 others were part of the "fishy five". Cannot remember the topic.

Maybe Rob knows

In your opinion HM do you think it`s a big subs bench?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 16, 2018, 1:53pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 1mickylyons

In your opinion HM do you think it`s a big subs bench?

it could well be the amalgamated Fishy/Twitter/Facebook 500 now. I am not sure if they are a recognised pressure group.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 16, 2018, 1:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from headingly_mariner

it could well be the amalgamated Fishy/Twitter/Facebook 500 now. I am not sure if they are a recognised pressure group.

Dangerous ground branding people the fishy 5 I may or may not be in the 5  and I may or may not want to be added.I think Rob should sell Fishy 5 tee shirts I may have a word in his shell like could be an earner.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 16, 2018, 2:00pm; Reply: 6
I think it is a throwaway comment to signify that there are a small handful of trouble causers creating a ruckus and that the complainers are very much in the minority. I'm not sure there are actually five people specifically you could name, though there may be i suppose.

It was believed by the club that opposition to the Chuckaway Trophy was just a 'vocal minority' and i also think they believe that is the case with most issues that are complained about. So the Fishy 5, i believe, is a catch-all phrase to express that view.

Posted by: RoboCod, January 16, 2018, 2:03pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Dangerous ground branding people the fishy 5 I may or may not be in the 5  and I may or may not want to be added.I think Rob should sell Fishy 5 tee shirts I may have a word in his shell like could be an earner.

I'd like to see the faces of The Five in a woodhatch/sepia tone effect on a large spaghetti western-style WANTED poster.

Possibly hung on the entrance at BP as a warning. :X
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 16, 2018, 2:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from RoboCod

I'd like to see the faces of The Five in a woodhatch/sepia tone effect on a large spaghetti western-style WANTED poster.

Possibly hung on the entrance at BP as a warning. :X

;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 16, 2018, 2:07pm; Reply: 9
All because I talk dribble  ;D
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2018, 2:31pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete
All because I talk dribble  ;D

Amended for you Pete!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 16, 2018, 3:33pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings
I think it is a throwaway comment to signify that there are a small handful of trouble causers creating a ruckus and that the complainers are very much in the minority. I'm not sure there are actually five people specifically you could name, though there may be i suppose.

It was believed by the club that opposition to the Chuckaway Trophy was just a 'vocal minority' and i also think they believe that is the case with most issues that are complained about. So the Fishy 5, i believe, is a catch-all phrase to express that view.

I think you are right, I think it might have been 5 or 6 originally.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 16, 2018, 3:38pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Your business acumen must be about the same as that of the GTFC board.

Hardly going to be a big earner when you have a potential customer base of er   5.  ;)  :P
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2018, 3:42pm; Reply: 13
Aside from that, we don't know who the 5 are, whether or not they want to be on a T shirt, maybe GYFR could tell us who they are, all proceeds to GTST!
Posted by: RichMariner, January 16, 2018, 3:44pm; Reply: 14
It's very easy to find out whether something is a vocal minority or not.

Put it to a vote.

If it's a vocal minority then they simply wouldn't have the power to dictate the outcome of a (securely hosted) online poll.

But that's the problem with John Fenty and the board of directors. They say they listen, but they don't.

They don't make any attempt to listen BEFORE a decision is due, and they don't make any attempt to DO what the fans want. Instead, like the Checkatrade, we're told we don't understand the complexities.

Well of course we don't because the board doesn't share them with us. The board doesn't talk to us. The board doesn't communicate with us.

They do what they want, then they check to see how their decision goes down on here, or on Twitter, and if we don't give them our unwavering support and say how grateful we all are, then they spit their dummy out and we're called bullies.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 16, 2018, 4:24pm; Reply: 15
It was a derogatory comment made by JF to play down the significance of fans on here, effectively saying a few people dominated the discussion and drowned out the "genuine" supporters.

There were all more than 5 dissenting voices of course, but he never enumerated who the five were.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2018, 4:54pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from GrimRob
It was a derogatory comment made by JF to play down the significance of fans on here, effectively saying a few people dominated the discussion and drowned out the "genuine" supporters.

There were all more than 5 dissenting voices of course, but he never enumerated who the five were.

All joking aside Rob, perhaps if JF treated fans as slightly more significant than he does currently (mug punters/bums on seats), he might get a bit less flak and a bit more respect.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 16, 2018, 6:06pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from 1mickylyons

He told Pete I was a nasty piece of work after I questioned him over the MP shares fiasco in fact I believe he contacted Rob about me too, I don't know if he tried to get me banned, anyway I must have touched a nerve.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 16, 2018, 8:21pm; Reply: 18
The first rule of the Fishy Five is the you do not talk about the Fishy Five.

The second rule of the Fishy Five is that you DO NOT TALK about the Fishy Five.
Posted by: lukeo, January 17, 2018, 10:45pm; Reply: 19
I don't know what you're talking about ginny  :D
Posted by: ginnywings, January 17, 2018, 10:58pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from lukeo
I don't know what you're talking about ginny  :D

Keep schtum if you know what's good for yer.  ;)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 18, 2018, 8:14am; Reply: 21
lol Enid Blyton's latest publication............  "5 go to Bundell Park" lol
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 18, 2018, 8:57am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
lol Enid Blyton's latest publication............  "5 go to Bundell Park" lol

I think I've read that one Mrs D.  It's the only mystery that they ever failed to solve.
The case of the mysterious managerial contract  ;)
Posted by: lukeo, January 18, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 23
Exactly bud  ;D
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 3:19pm