Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: OllieGTFC, January 16, 2018, 12:25pm
My apologies if this has already been said but how come there is now 6 play off places 🤔 ?
Posted by: psgmariner, January 16, 2018, 12:29pm; Reply: 1
http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/the-national-league/revealed-big-changes-national-league-format/
Posted by: OllieGTFC, January 16, 2018, 12:35pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from psgmariner

That is really stupid idea tbh not fair for the team to finish second and could lose in the semis or final to a team who finished 7th
Posted by: psgmariner, January 16, 2018, 12:37pm; Reply: 3
The "lottery" of the playoffs innit.

Not sure there is proper fair way of doing it to be honest. Just letting the top 2 go up would be fair but make for a boring season for most teams I expect.
Posted by: supertown, January 16, 2018, 12:39pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from OllieGTFC

That is really stupid idea tbh not fair for the team to finish second and could lose in the semis or final to a team who finished 7th

It’s a gain for the teams finishing 2 nd or 3rd, they only play one (Home) game to make the final
Posted by: Maringer, January 16, 2018, 12:46pm; Reply: 5
No problems whatsoever with any style of play-offs. When you know at the start of the season that 2nd place isn't good enough to win automatic promotion and you'll have to win the play-offs to go up, you can't feel aggrieved with the situation. Every team is playing to the same rules, your own fault for not winning the League outright.

Of course, this doesn't mean you can't feel aggrieved about encountering shite refereeing in the play-offs themselves (yes, I'm talking about you, Kevin Johnson and Ross Joyce).
Posted by: GrimRob, January 16, 2018, 12:51pm; Reply: 6
I think it's better because it favours the teams who finished 2nd and 3rd. They play one less game and have home advantage. Two leg games are boring as well, better to decide it on the night!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 16, 2018, 12:54pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob
I think it's better because it favours the teams who finished 2nd and 3rd. They play one less game and have home advantage. Two leg games are boring as well, better to decide it on the night!

Agreed.

Not sure i would though if we only got to play Braintree once at home.   ;)
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 16, 2018, 1:00pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GrimRob

Not sure if home advantage is a favour...........................Newport & Braintree :P
Posted by: moosey_club, January 16, 2018, 1:08pm; Reply: 9
All in favour of this......just in case we need it in the near future  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 16, 2018, 1:11pm; Reply: 10
Even though we could slide into the bottom 3,  I think it is about time that there was 3 up 3 down, the limited promotion system from non league is unfair considering so many are full time now.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:10am