Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 16, 2018, 9:19am
Just come up on my newsfeed has the new guy jacked?
Posted by: LH, January 16, 2018, 9:21am; Reply: 1
Thought it had been a while since something ridiculous happened at Town. What’s gone on this time?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 16, 2018, 9:24am; Reply: 2
Quoted from LH
Thought it had been a while since something ridiculous happened at Town. What’s gone on this time?

Just advertising thy have a vacancy so I am wondering if the new guys quit?
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 16, 2018, 9:32am; Reply: 3
I think it says in the ad it's to work in partnership with the current SLO...at away games.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 16, 2018, 9:33am; Reply: 4
Does it pay well ?  ;)
Posted by: pizzzza, January 16, 2018, 10:40am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Civvy at last
Does it pay well ?  ;)

No mention of remuneration so have to assume that this is voluntary, but surely if the focus is on away games the club will cover travel expenses and match tickets?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 16, 2018, 10:41am; Reply: 6
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/club-vacancy---supporters-liaison-officer/

oh dear, look at the advert. What pressure groups are they talking about?
Posted by: RoboCod, January 16, 2018, 10:52am; Reply: 7
Quoted from headingly_mariner
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/club-vacancy---supporters-liaison-officer/

That is very vague, even a little sinister. Do you get asked if you're a Fishy poster at the interview, or must you declare this, for example? Is the Fishy a pressure group? Not officially. I don't actually know of any collection of fans who label themselves this way.

I'd put 'Judean Peoples Front' on my application just for the hell of it. GTFC become more Monty Python by the day.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, January 16, 2018, 10:52am; Reply: 8

Intriguing!

I can understand not wanting an anti-PP person on there, or someone from the EDL or Black Bloc, but this would (in my experience in recruitment) be something you'd weed out further down the line and wouldn't be something you'd draw attention to on a job advert.  Similarly, surely someone being a member of the Football Supporters Federation, a Trade Union or Business Guild wouldn't be prohibited?

All of which has got me thinking, I wonder if this clause might have been inserted in order to disqualify a particular person, or people, from having the job?  I'm sure it will all come out with a bit more digging!
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 16, 2018, 10:55am; Reply: 9
Quoted from RoboCod

That is very vague, even a little sinister. Do you get asked if you're a Fishy poster at the interview, or must you declare this, for example? Is the Fishy a pressure group? Not officially. I don't actually know of any collection of fans who label themselves this way.

I'd put 'Judean Peoples Front' on my application just for the hell of it. GTFC become more Monty Python by the day.

Splitter !!

With regard to Fishy membership. I think it's ok as long as you're not one of the 'fishy five'  ;)
Posted by: jock dock tower, January 16, 2018, 10:58am; Reply: 10
They could be in BIG trouble with that clause. A black woman, gay man, disabled person applying and not getting the job could easily submit a claim for discrimination if they'd disclosed that they were part of any organisation set up to promote their cause. When will they ever learn?
Posted by: wigworld, January 16, 2018, 10:58am; Reply: 11
Responsibilities...

To rely on information and credibility from both sides.

;D
Posted by: GrimRob, January 16, 2018, 11:00am; Reply: 12
So you can only represent the fans if you have never expressed a controversial opinion?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 16, 2018, 11:06am; Reply: 13
Quoted from jock dock tower
They could be in BIG trouble with that clause. A black woman, gay man, disabled person applying and not getting the job could easily submit a claim for discrimination if they'd disclosed that they were part of any organisation set up to promote their cause. When will they ever learn?

any legal beagles on the Board? I'm in recruitment and i don't think i'd be happy to take on a job spec like that.
It's of course a bit stupid as many things that people are members of are pressure groups - if you're a registered supporter of Oxfam or WWF for example then you're a member of a pressure group; Indeed GTST would probably fall under that umbrella
Posted by: LH, January 16, 2018, 11:08am; Reply: 14
When has employment law bothered them when recruiting SLOs in the past? They didn’t even advertise it last time did they?
Posted by: pen penfras, January 16, 2018, 11:08am; Reply: 15
The fishy isn't a pressure group and I'm sure membership on public forums is encouraged in order to spread relevant news to fans through all media.

I don't understand why everything has to be a conspiracy.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 16, 2018, 11:12am; Reply: 16
What can we add to this latest missive to once again shoot ourselves in the foot?

I'd love to know who or what they see as a 'pressure group'. We want to improve communication with the fans, as long as we agree with your views that is.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 16, 2018, 11:14am; Reply: 17
Quoted from pen penfras
The fishy isn't a pressure group and I'm sure membership on public forums is encouraged in order to spread relevant news to fans through all media.

Is that statement a 'club' opinion, or just yours?  You seem to state it as a fact.  Almost as if you knew the clubs official stance on this. !!!!
Posted by: pen penfras, January 16, 2018, 11:22am; Reply: 18

Is that statement a 'club' opinion, or just yours?  You seem to state it as a fact.  Almost as if you knew the clubs official stance on this. !!!!

Since I have no association with the club, then it is clearly my opinion. But is it ok to post like it's a fact that there's some underhanded objective from the club?

Obviously what they want is somebody who will help improve the relationship between the club and the fans. I don't see any way that it will happen. Anything that is said with good intentions is getting torn apart by the usual names. I don't think all of the actions of the club have been great, but they're nowhere near as bad as what is made out by some. The current football, however, is a different story  :(
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 16, 2018, 11:29am; Reply: 19
Quoted from RoboCod

I'd put Judean Peoples Front on my application just for the hell of it. GTFC become more Monty Python by the day.

As long as its not the PEOPLES FRONT OF JUDEA you should be ok.  ;D ;D ;D

P.S. will your mum let you out or have you been a naughty boy.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 16, 2018, 11:38am; Reply: 20
I think I might apply, I know I will not get the job,

BUT

The interview could be very interesting. :)
Posted by: RoboCod, January 16, 2018, 11:40am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

I dislike the Stevenage stewards... A LOT!!
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 16, 2018, 11:42am; Reply: 22
My initial thought on this is: as all legislation,guidance and rules governing any constituted body have to be Human Rights Act  Compliant,the line prohibiting any membership of a pressure group contravenes Article 10 of the H.R.C. and therefore any applicant that is a member of a non-proscribed pressure group who is turned down has a locus for undertaking litigation.

Tempted to apply for the hell of it.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 16, 2018, 11:43am; Reply: 23
I think absolutely EVERYBODY from the Fishy should apply - inundate them with hundreds of applications and let them sort that lot out. It does say part of the job is informing fans of decisions made by the club - so long as its not trying to explain them as well it should be a piece of urine

Come on all get your applications in.

Me and Pete first although as I have been told 'NEVER NEVER NEVER contact me again' by the leather jacketed one it could be difficult. I'll hand him my application at Colchester on Saturday
Posted by: RoboCod, January 16, 2018, 11:47am; Reply: 24
Only did a very quick Google on this but didn't see any other such demands from other clubs re their SLO application. May be wrong though.
Brizzle had this for example..
[url]http://bristolcitysupporters.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/SLO-job-specification.pdf[/url]

Looks very professional and well thought out.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 16, 2018, 11:55am; Reply: 25
https://twitter.com/The_FSF/status/953226718671720449
Posted by: psgmariner, January 16, 2018, 11:59am; Reply: 26
Quoted from pen penfras

Obviously what they want is somebody who will help improve the relationship between the club and the fans. I don't see any way that it will happen. Anything that is said with good intentions is getting torn apart by the usual names. I don't think all of the actions of the club have been great, but they're nowhere near as bad as what is made out by some. The current football, however, is a different story  :(

Agree.

The negativity towards the club seems irreversible in some fans now. Whatever the news it always jumped on by someone and used to beat Fenty, Slade, The Trust or "the board" with. Mainly by people who do absolutely nothing to actually help. Log off the fishy for a bit and do something constructive!

Obviously if you are posting on here you are not going to be the sort of person who is in a position to buy the club but there are tonnes of ways to make things better.

Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 16, 2018, 12:03pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from psgmariner

Agree.

The negativity towards the club seems irreversible in some fans now. Whatever the news it always jumped on by someone and used to beat Fenty, Slade, The Trust or "the board" with. Mainly by people who do absolutely nothing to actually help. Log off the fishy for a bit and do something constructive!

Obviously if you are posting on here you are not going to be the sort of person who is in a position to buy the club but there are tonnes of ways to make things better.

Is it not something we can talk about? The sadness in this is that we had really great SLO in post until the club decided we needed another one.

Is it not constructive to attend games and support the team?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 16, 2018, 12:08pm; Reply: 28
But they cannot advertise a job, even a voluntary one, that precludes a certain section of the fans, especially one as vague as 'pressure groups'. That isn't people berating the club for the sake of it to point that out.
Posted by: psgmariner, January 16, 2018, 12:08pm; Reply: 29

Is it not something we can talk about? The sadness in this is that we had really great SLO in post until the club decided we needed another one.

Is it not constructive to attend games and support the team?

Of course it can be talked about. Personally I am just annoyed that even a friggin job advert results in 3 + pages of anti GTFC posts. If folk are genuinely interested in what pressure groups are affected then ring up and ask rather than jumping to conclusions that it's a massive FENTY conspiracy.

And yes, going and supporting the team is definitely constructive. Not sure how many on here actually do that. Hats off to you for making the trip so regularly from Leeds btw.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 16, 2018, 12:15pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from psgmariner

Agree.

Hang on I put the post on and asked a question regarding the SLO at NO time did I use the information to attempt to beat anybody.I thought Kristine was doing a great job and I was disappointed with what went on but I never mentioned it.Then I recall  the Club appointed ANOTHER and I wondered whether he had resigned? This to me is a valid question due to the position being advertised will have an impact on some or all fans further down the line.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 16, 2018, 12:24pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from pen penfras

Since I have no association with the club, then it is clearly my opinion. But is it ok to post like it's a fact that there's some underhanded objective from the club?

People are highlighting something on the advert that needs addressing for obvious reasons as it's clear as mud and shouldn't be on there. It's not on Bristols city's advert for an SLO.

You do sound like you work for the club or have close ties with one of the members. We had a brilliant and country wide recognised SLO till Fenty fudged that up didn't we. Who are the usual names?

Also there is a link to the clubs code of conduct that doesn't work, how professional.
Posted by: psgmariner, January 16, 2018, 12:25pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Marinerz93

People are highlighting something on the advert that needs addressing for obvious reasons as it's clear as mud and shouldn't be on there. It's not on Bristols city's advert for an SLO.

You do sound like you work for the club or have close ties with one of the members. We had a brilliant and country wide recognised SLO till Fenty fudged that up didn't we. Who are the usual names?

What did the club say when you asked them out of interest?
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 16, 2018, 12:43pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from psgmariner

What did the club say when you asked them out of interest?

They didn't know, you ask them and see if you get the same reply  ;)
Posted by: RichMariner, January 16, 2018, 12:44pm; Reply: 34
Our club is proper weird.
Posted by: psgmariner, January 16, 2018, 12:49pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Marinerz93

They didn't know, you ask them and see if you get the same reply  ;)

I've emailed them - will let you know.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 16, 2018, 1:04pm; Reply: 36
Is this because the current SLO can't be arsed to go to away games?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 16, 2018, 1:04pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from pen penfras

I hate it when people get a name wrong imagine being called Bob by everyone when your name is Stephen it would be enough to make you shout SHUT UP
Posted by: moosey_club, January 16, 2018, 1:16pm; Reply: 38
Definitely has undertones of Club first...supporters second which is a shame for an SLO post  :-/

Posted by: Marinerz93, January 16, 2018, 1:18pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from arryarryarry
Is this because the current SLO can't be arsed to go to away games?

A fair question but as he doesn't post on here maybe pen penfras can clear that up as to why he doesn't post on here and why there is a need for an away SLO for Town, why not just re-advertise the role to do both home and away.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 16, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from psgmariner

Of course it can be talked about. Personally I am just annoyed that even a friggin job advert results in 3 + pages of anti GTFC posts. If folk are genuinely interested in what pressure groups are affected then ring up and ask rather than jumping to conclusions that it's a massive FENTY conspiracy.

And yes, going and supporting the team is definitely constructive. Not sure how many on here actually do that. Hats off to you for making the trip so regularly from Leeds btw.

Sadly my days living in Leeds are over, it's a shorter trip from East Yorkshire for me now. It's part of supporting a team, I am not going to stop going because we are playing shite and you can't properly enjoy the ups if you haven't enjoyed the downs. I can cope with players not being good enough if they're trying, which to be fair ours are. It's sadly the things that go on off the pitch that are the only things that will potentially stop me going, it really annoys me that directors of the club have behaved the way they did at the forum towards supporters and the media. I am going to find it very difficult to justify a season ticket if the planned price rise goes ahead as it feels like I am legitimizing the current regime to take the urine out of me.
This SLO issue is a continuation of an issue caused because the club don't actually want the supporters to have an independent voice. Kristine was capable of voicing fans opinions whether they were the opinions of those that run the club or not. That is healthy because people know they can trust people like that. When you lose trust it is very difficult to get back, ask Russ.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 16, 2018, 1:33pm; Reply: 41

Sadly my days living in Leeds are over, it's a shorter trip from East Yorkshire for me now. It's part of supporting a team, I am not going to stop going because we are playing shite and you can't properly enjoy the ups if you haven't enjoyed the downs. I can cope with players not being good enough if they're trying, which to be fair ours are. It's sadly the things that go on off the pitch that are the only things that will potentially stop me going, it really annoys me that directors of the club have behaved the way they did at the forum towards supporters and the media. I am going to find it very difficult to justify a season ticket if the planned price rise goes ahead as it feels like I am legitimizing the current regime to take the urine out of me.
This SLO issue is a continuation of an issue caused because the club don't actually want the supporters to have an independent voice. Kristine was capable of voicing fans opinions whether they were the opinions of those that run the club or not. That is healthy because people know they can trust people like that. When you lose trust it is very difficult to get back, ask Russ.

excellent post HM. It`s a sad day when honesty and trust are stifled so the official party line can be towed or not in the case of the SLO.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 16, 2018, 1:42pm; Reply: 42
Dear Sir - I saw that you are advertising for another Supporter’s Liaison Officer. Before I apply, I would be grateful if you could explain why being a member of a pressure group precludes a person from applying. Could you also tell me your definition of a pressure group, since any organisation from GTST to the World Wildlife Fund, the Council of British Archaeology or Oxfam would fit that criteria.
I look forward to hearing from you

Yours faithfully

copy of email sent to club
Posted by: pen penfras, January 16, 2018, 2:00pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I hate it when people get a name wrong imagine being called Bob by everyone when your name is Stephen it would be enough to make you shout SHUT UP

If somebody doesn't think the club is a disaster on all fronts, then the only explanation is that they are involved with the club? Just because social media is full of moaners doesn't mean it's the only opinion. The football is shite and there's no escaping that, but not EVERYTHING is a disaster at the club.

Fwiw, I think Marley didn't come across very well at the forum, especially the statement about not knowing his name, when I doubt 99.9% of football fans can name the full board of their club. I can see why he shouted shut up when he was being talked over as he tried to answer a question. Not an ideal way to deal with it, but he's not a public speaker and used to that situation. Apparently it's ok for some fans to speak out, hurl abuse and be aggressive to people involved in the club but when they have a natural human response to that behaviour, they're slaughtered for it.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 16, 2018, 2:03pm; Reply: 44
We got regular information off Kristine when she did the job and she was very good at it,

Has the new man who's name escapes me ever told us anything while in his post ?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 16, 2018, 2:07pm; Reply: 45
Can someone tell me is it worth reading all of these posts?

If so I might trawl through them all although my first impression is it's just a SLO news day  ;)
Posted by: RoboCod, January 16, 2018, 2:09pm; Reply: 46
. Not an ideal way to deal with it, but he's not a public speaker and used to that situation.
Then he should get some practise, ready for when his position requires him to speak in public, in such situations.

Apparently it's ok for some fans to speak out, hurl abuse and be aggressive to people involved in the club......
But they're not used to speaking in public and are not used to that situation.

What nonsense.

Posted by: grimsby pete, January 16, 2018, 2:12pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Can someone tell me is it worth reading all of these posts? Depends on how much time you have got to waste Tim

If so I might trawl through them all although my first impression is it's just a SLO news day  bad news day     ;D ;)

Posted by: pen penfras, January 16, 2018, 2:14pm; Reply: 48

This SLO issue is a continuation of an issue caused because the club don't actually want the supporters to have an independent voice. Kristine was capable of voicing fans opinions whether they were the opinions of those that run the club or not. That is healthy because people know they can trust people like that.

I agree. but equally in that role, she is representing the club. It's absolutely right that she should inform the club of the supporters opinions on situations regarding the club and vice versa where appropriate. It isn't right to release public statements condemning the organisation that you represent, even if it's a voluntary role and that's what the fans think. People have been sacked for posting negative comments about the company they work for on social media. I don't see how it's unreasonable to ask that somebody who represents the club should run press statements by them. It's a shame that Kristine was doing a good job and stood down, but it wasn't an impossible situation by any means. And having somebody who already works for the club represent the Blundell Park side of the SLO role makes sense, it would have been nice if they could have worked together for the better of everybody.

Posted by: pen penfras, January 16, 2018, 2:20pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from RoboCod
. Not an ideal way to deal with it, but he's not a public speaker and used to that situation.
Then he should get some practise, ready for when his position requires him to speak in public, in such situations.

Apparently it's ok for some fans to speak out, hurl abuse and be aggressive to people involved in the club......
But they're not used to speaking in public and are not used to that situation.

What nonsense.

When has a supporter ever been in a public speaking situation? Shouting abuse as you walk past people, or waiting outside the ground to shout abuse and posting some of the stuff that gets said on social media is not the same as speaking in public.

An accountant is here to provide specialist knowledge on accounting, not public speaking. If you ask somebody a question, give them a chance to answer. If you act like a male private, expect them to respond accordingly.
Posted by: RoboCod, January 16, 2018, 2:29pm; Reply: 50

When has a supporter ever been in a public speaking situation?

At the Fans Forum? Doesn't get more public than a crowd and Radio Humbs coverage.

If you act like a male private, expect them to respond accordingly.

Accordingly, like a male private, thus like Marley? I accept that answer.
I actually thought the anti-Matt Dean shouters were far more male private-like, but I don't recall Dean going male private-like, despite constant aggressive barracking.

Posted by: ginnywings, January 16, 2018, 2:32pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from pen penfras

I agree. but equally in that role, she is representing the club. It's absolutely right that she should inform the club of the supporters opinions on situations regarding the club and vice versa where appropriate. It isn't right to release press statements condemning the organisation that you represent, even if it's a voluntary role and that's what the fans think. People have been sacked for posting negative comments about the company they work for on social media. I don't see how it's unreasonable to ask that somebody who represents the club should run press statements by them. It's a shame that Kristine was doing a good job and stood down, but it wasn't an impossible situation by any means. And having somebody who already works for the club represent the Blundell Park side of the SLO role makes sense, it would have been nice if they could have worked together for the better of everybody.

Did Kristine do that? Can't say that i'm aware of it.
Posted by: Cloudy, January 16, 2018, 2:36pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from pen penfras

I agree. but equally in that role, she is representing the club. It's absolutely right that she should inform the club of the supporters opinions on situations regarding the club and vice versa where appropriate. It isn't right to release press statements condemning the organisation that you represent, even if it's a voluntary role and that's what the fans think. People have been sacked for posting negative comments about the company they work for on social media. I don't see how it's unreasonable to ask that somebody who represents the club should run press statements by them. It's a shame that Kristine was doing a good job and stood down, but it wasn't an impossible situation by any means. And having somebody who already works for the club represent the Blundell Park side of the SLO role makes sense, it would have been nice if they could have worked together for the better of everybody.

Haven't posted for a while but this is where many of the fans and the club stance differs.

Kristine IMO was representing the fans TO the club, NOT representing the club. She spoke on behalf of the supporters and not on behalf of the club
It is plainly obvious to the majority that anyone who says or does anything to criticise the club is ostracised or removed from their position. Many of those who were involved in the trust plus local media activists are proof of this.

It is this dictatorial attitude that will, sadly be the death knell of GTFC under its current guise. I will not expect you to accept this but for me and many others, GTFC no longer exists. It has had its heart ripped out by its dictator and those who follow the regime

I wouldnt join the Slade out groups simply because it will make no difference. The cancer of the club runs too deep
Posted by: pen penfras, January 16, 2018, 2:36pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from ginnywings

Supposed to say public, not press. And yes, over the Stevenage incident saying the club were wrong not to issue a statement. She may very well be correct, but that should have stated to the club as per her role.
Posted by: pen penfras, January 16, 2018, 2:39pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Cloudy

Kristine IMO was representing the fans TO the club, NOT representing the club. She spoke on behalf of the supporters and not on behalf of the club

She's representing both as a liaison role providing information in both directions. It is representing the club, that's why the club advertise the role.
Posted by: Grim74, January 16, 2018, 2:40pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from ginnywings
But they cannot advertise a job, even a voluntary one, that precludes a certain section of the fans, especially one as vague as 'pressure groups'. That isn't people berating the club for the sake of it to point that out.

There is a genuine concern when we have people signed up to inflammatory nutty political groups such as Britain first and Momentum for example. But I can't believe they'd be talking about being a member of a football 'group' but then again 🤔
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 16, 2018, 2:40pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from pen penfras

When has a supporter ever been in a public speaking situation? Shouting abuse as you walk past people, or waiting outside the ground to shout abuse and posting some of the stuff that gets said on social media is not the same as speaking in public.

An accountant is here to provide specialist knowledge on accounting, not public speaking. If you ask somebody a question, give them a chance to answer. If you act like a male private, expect them to respond accordingly.

Actually if he is in a position of some sort of power i.e. a member of a board then he should rise above that, I didn't see it but if what is said on here is true ,that he shouted someone down then he also becomes a male private. Very unprofessional.
Posted by: Cloudy, January 16, 2018, 2:44pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from pen penfras

She's representing both as a liaison role providing information in both directions. It is representing the club, that's why the club advertise the role.

Is that why the original role that Kristine took up wasnt advertised
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, January 16, 2018, 2:55pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Cloudy

Is that why the original role that Kristine took up wasnt advertised

BOOOOOM!!!!!!!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 16, 2018, 3:31pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from pen penfras

I read that and find it so difficult to understand how somebody not closely associated with those making the decisions would have this argument. I don't believe that a press statement was made without the knowledge of the club.
If that is the case the club was upset surely it would have been better to discuss this with the current SLO who had an excellent record and reputation, rather than appointing another one without telling her. Not to mention writing a press release and showing it to her with a quote she hadn't even said.
Posted by: Henryscat, January 16, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from forza ivano

any legal beagles on the Board? I'm in recruitment and i don't think i'd be happy to take on a job spec like that.
It's of course a bit stupid as many things that people are members of are pressure groups - if you're a registered supporter of Oxfam or WWF for example then you're a member of a pressure group; Indeed GTST would probably fall under that umbrella

Dam I was looking forward to Hulk Hogan being the SLO
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2018, 4:07pm; Reply: 61

I read that and find it so difficult to understand how somebody not closely associated with those making the decisions would have this argument. I don't believe that a press statement was made without the knowledge of the club.
If that is the case the club was upset surely it would have been better to discuss this with the current SLO who had an excellent record and reputation, rather than appointing another one without telling her. Not to mention writing a press release and showing it to her with a quote she hadn't even said.

Pen Penfras likes to make 'informed' posts and then gets shitty when challenged on the source of his knowledge.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 16, 2018, 4:16pm; Reply: 62
If I ever want the services of a SLO there is no way I would communicate with someone who has been recruited on these terms.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 16, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Pen Penfras likes to make 'informed' posts and then gets shitty when challenged on the source of his knowledge.

That's what happens when you challenge the inner circle, obviously Stephen is annoyed that he can't smooth over or justify his outburst at the fans forum.

Christine did what the club failed to do and that was stand up and be counted for the fans that were abused, the club got shitty over it after they got pilloried for just leaving it to the trust and letting the EFL white wash the enquiry.
Posted by: Bigdog, January 16, 2018, 6:22pm; Reply: 64
I just find the level of control demanded over everything at GTFC by a certain someone with such a poor record of delivery over 16 years and secured by only LENDING the club £2m is quite frightening and even more sickening..

We couldn't even have a top class SLO without censorship..

He's making the power of that loan stretch helluva long way for himself.. the brass neck of it..
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 16, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Bigdog
I just find the level of control demanded over everything at GTFC by a certain someone with such a poor record of delivery over 16 years and secured by only LENDING the club £2m is quite frightening and even more sickening..

He's making the power of that loan stretch helluva long way for himself.. The brass neck of it..

More neck than a herd of ET's, I just wish he would go home and take his benign debt with him.
Posted by: Kristine, January 16, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from ginnywings

Neither am I.......
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 16, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 67

Splitter !!

With regard to Fishy membership. I think it's ok as long as you're not one of the 'fishy five'  ;)

Nobody knows who is in the Fishy Five. Not even the Fishy Five. We suspect it might include Pete and Swin and the Vile Sish Mates, but their real identities have not been revealed by our Reverred Leader.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2018, 7:05pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Bigdog

We couldn't even have a top class SLO without censorship..

He's making the power of that loan stretch helluva long way for himself.. the brass neck of it..

Totally agree - GTFC taking control freakery to a stratospheric level.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 16, 2018, 7:42pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Nobody knows who is in the Fishy Five. Not even the Fishy Five. We suspect it might include Pete and Swin and the Vile Sish Mates, but their real identities have not been revealed by our Reverred Leader.

I like it. A society that is so secret even it’s own members don’t know they’re in it.

Awesome.

How do I join or am I already in ??
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 16, 2018, 7:52pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Brilliant.  ;D

[youtube]NrDVsprWRCQ[/youtube]
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, January 16, 2018, 8:27pm; Reply: 71
Does it pay well ?  ;)

No not really, like the Mighty Mariner role, you pay the club for the 'Away SLO Matchday Experience'. They are planning to rename it though, to the 'Martyn Woolford Experience' because you too can be SLO on Matchdays!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 16, 2018, 9:36pm; Reply: 72

I like it. A society that is so secret even it’s own members don’t know they’re in it.

Awesome.

How do I join or am I already in ??

That is why it is so effective. It assures cast iron security and discipline. So only five people can effectively intimidate 3,000 into not going to football because nobody knows who they are, so it's safer to assume everyone is a member and comply.

The technique was copied from the Stasi's doctrine of informers which enabled five 80 year old men to enslave 18 million East Germans.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 16, 2018, 9:56pm; Reply: 73
Anyway, getting back to the OP. Just when you think the club has run out of ways to make themselves a laughing stock, they come out with something like this.

Sheer bloody stupidity, executed in an idiotic fashion. If any of us operated like this in our jobs we'd be looking for new ones very quickly.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 16, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Anyway, getting back to the OP. Just when you think the club has run out of ways to make themselves a laughing stock, they come out with something like this.

Sheer bloody stupidity, executed in an idiotic fashion. If any of us operated like this in our jobs we'd be looking for new ones very quickly.

It's become the norm now though
Posted by: Ipswin, January 17, 2018, 8:53am; Reply: 75
So long as I don't wear the uniform on official duties I don't see why membership of the KKK should bar me from applying
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, January 17, 2018, 10:11am; Reply: 76
I wonder if the pressure groups are AL3 or #b team boycott. So you must support the checkatrade trophy.
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 17, 2018, 12:30pm; Reply: 77
If we need an SLO for both home and away just imagine how many clubs like Manure and Citeh require.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 17, 2018, 2:16pm; Reply: 78
i'm still awaiting a reply to my email...........
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, January 17, 2018, 3:40pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from forza ivano
i'm still awaiting a reply to my email...........

Contact the SLO. 😉
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 17, 2018, 3:58pm; Reply: 80
Some of these comments on here have me chuckling. That’s what I love about us Grimsby folk never mind what happens it always become comical  ;D
Posted by: forza ivano, January 24, 2018, 2:14pm; Reply: 81
btw - i'm still awaiting a reply to my email................
Posted by: RoboCod, January 24, 2018, 2:22pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from forza ivano

You sure you didn't enquire about a SLOW vacancy ::)

In true, dedicated footy fan style though Forza, you should 'give it until the weekend..'
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 24, 2018, 2:32pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from forza ivano

How about giving the club a chance Forza.  Only so much they can do at once.

They are still trying to sort out all the press statements for the influx of players in the Transfer window.   ;)
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 2:19pm