Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bentley, January 14, 2018, 7:08pm
We lose at Colchester this is my message to every Grimsby town fan far and wide. Show fenty and the board this is what you could have had. Sell out every home stand so we can tell fenty and his co directors and russell slade this is our club not yours. Would something happen the next day id put my mortgage on it.

Posted by: Marinerz93, January 14, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Bentley
We lose at Colchester this is my message to every Grimsby town fan far and wide. Show fenty and the board this is what you could have had. Sell out every home stand so we can tell fenty and his co directors and russell slade this is our club not yours. Would something happen the next day id put my mortgage on it.

We lose against Colchester by more than the odd goal and there will be less Town fans against Luton than Newport, the gate may be higher but certainly less Town fans. Rallying calls are dead on their feet until we see some action from both the board and players. the club knows the support it could have but it rarely does anything to consolidate or grow the passion Town fans have.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2018, 7:25pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Bentley

Have yo given up on the protests and banners ideas so soon? Your ideas are more random than Slade's team selections.  :-/
Posted by: Bentley, January 14, 2018, 7:25pm; Reply: 3
If we can get 20000 to Wembley as a one of game. Why Carnt we have 6500 town fans there against Luton not for football reasons but a show of unity. Against the board and slade. Every body in the main stand and pontoon finders upper and lower banners or singing slade out from the first whistle to the last job done slade gone as simply as that.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2018, 7:34pm; Reply: 4
He will stand and fall on his results and the way it's going at the moment, he won't be around for much longer, unless there is an upturn of course, which isn't an impossibility. Seen stranger things in my time.

Just let it play out would be my thinking.
Posted by: chaos33, January 14, 2018, 7:38pm; Reply: 5
My worry is that it has played out and this is wasted precious time. The writing is definitely on the wall.
Posted by: mariner91, January 14, 2018, 7:39pm; Reply: 6
This has got to be a troll account surely? Nobody is this simple.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 14, 2018, 7:47pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings
He will stand and fall on his results and the way it's going at the moment, he won't be around for much longer, unless there is an upturn of course, which isn't an impossibility. Seen stranger things in my time.

Just let it play out would be my thinking.

Maybe - but don't you think that Slade is just a sideshow to the main problem. With due respect, Jon Wood is unlikely to have a say as he represents an organisation that represents fans. Beyond that, you've got a retired solicitor, a retired accountant with limited people skills and a 79 year old racehorse trainer that last had a winner over jumps in 2016 and hasn't had a winner on the Flat for over 1000 days. Hardly dynamic is it?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from chaos33
My worry is that it has played out and this is wasted precious time. The writing is definitely on the wall.

But it goes back to what you said previously. The club has painted itself into a corner by backing him 'unequivocally' and now have nowhere to go. They can't well sack him a week later can they?

Well they could...
Posted by: Grimbiggs, January 14, 2018, 7:51pm; Reply: 9
Troll account by far, Bentley must have been on juice to come out with so many ludicrous statements over the weekend?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2018, 7:52pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Maybe - but don't you think that Slade is just a sideshow to the main problem. With due respect, Jon Wood is unlikely to have a say as he represents an organisation that represents fans. Beyond that, you've got a retired solicitor, a retired accountant with limited people skills and a 79 year old racehorse trainer that last had a winner over jumps in 2016 and hasn't had a winner on the Flat for over 1000 days. Hardly dynamic is it?

There is a main problem yes, but the problem in front of us right now is to get to 50 points asap. Then look at the bigger picture.
Posted by: Bentley, January 14, 2018, 7:53pm; Reply: 11
Troll account get real your as crazy as slade is with your choice of words.  Say hi to slade when you next have a pint with him :-/
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 14, 2018, 8:01pm; Reply: 12

Bentley.........more like a Reliant Robin   :)
Posted by: Hagrid, January 14, 2018, 8:06pm; Reply: 13
You are posting some bizzare stuff Bentley
Posted by: moosey_club, January 14, 2018, 8:42pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Hagrid
You are posting some bizzare stuff Bentley

i think he is one of those fake Bentleys...copycat model made in China.
Posted by: LH, January 14, 2018, 9:36pm; Reply: 15
Are you on spice, Bentley?
Posted by: chaos33, January 14, 2018, 9:54pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ginnywings

But it goes back to what you said previously. The club has painted itself into a corner by backing him 'unequivocally' and now have nowhere to go. They can't well sack him a week later can they?

Well they could...

No, you are right. It will 'play out' until the end of January it would seem, with two more defeats surely resulting in a tipping point.
Posted by: monkeyboy, January 15, 2018, 9:27am; Reply: 17
what a stupid post
Posted by: TAGG, January 15, 2018, 9:48am; Reply: 18
When we lose on Saturday then no one turn up for the Luton game.
The vast majority of the crowd at the mo are ST holders so the club will lose no money.
That would show Team Fenty that everyone (apart from one or two suckholes) wants him and his gang out.
Posted by: lukeo, January 15, 2018, 10:56pm; Reply: 19
No thanks.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 5:08am