Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 13, 2018, 8:23pm
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Time to come clean.  John Fenty let the fans know how long the contracts were for Scott/Hurst, Hurst and then Bignot i.e. 6-month rolling contracts. So why didn't you let the fans know for Slade when you was asked this time around at the press conference? Is it because you have given him a lengthy contract on better wages than the predecessor?

We are doing worse than when Bignot was here (check the stats) yet you are giving Slade more time, it's your responsibility, why should this club have to get burden in more  debt with benign loans if the club have to pay Slade off.  :o

Why do you think he got in a strop with Pete?
Posted by: rancido, January 13, 2018, 8:30pm; Reply: 1
Bignot was given  a target of 50 points for the season to ensure league safety . He achieved this and was then promptly sacked so you could " get your man". I wonder if RS has been given a target and if he doesn't achieve that then will he be sacked? Slade said in the summer that his target was a top 7 finish so if he doesn't achieve this will he be sacked or will he walk ?
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 13, 2018, 8:41pm; Reply: 2
At the fans forum Slade mentioned that you don’t always have to spend a lot to build a good squad.
Also, When asked (back then) about the Jan window RS pretty much brushed it aside and waffled on about squad size etc.

He has got a freebie in so far this window, stated that he won’t rush to buy players.

Also stated that he is a builder (cheap) and not a quick fix (expensive).

He is here the same reason as Marley, Day and the other bloke are. He tells Fenty what Fenty wants to hear, (despite any evidence to the contrary).  Hurst and Bignot wanted resources. Slade does not.
I doubt he’s going anywhere soon.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 13, 2018, 8:56pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Civvy at last
At the fans forum Slade mentioned that you don’t always have to spend a lot to build a good squad.
Also, When asked (back then) about the Jan window RS pretty much brushed it aside and waffled on about squad size etc.

He has got a freebie in so far this window, stated that he won’t rush to buy players.

Also stated that he is a builder (cheap) and not a quick fix (expensive).

He is here the same reason as Marley, Day and the other bloke are. He tells Fenty what Fenty wants to hear, (despite any evidence to the contrary).  Hurst and Bignot wanted resources. Slade does not.
I doubt he’s going anywhere soon.

He also said Luton have had at least 4 transfer windows to get it right, hinting he wants something similiar.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 10:43am