Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 13, 2018, 4:55pm
Looking forward to this and Slades positive spin, we played great in the 2nd half and were unlucky not to get anything from the game.........
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 13, 2018, 4:56pm; Reply: 1
Their a good side John, they do the basics well.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 13, 2018, 4:59pm; Reply: 2
If Matt had not got himself sent off I am sure we could have snatched a point at the death,

We was putting them under tremendous pressure.
Posted by: Davec, January 13, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 3
It's back to basics he'll say, he will say we were very unlucky
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 13, 2018, 5:11pm; Reply: 4
He’ll say a deflection was the difference, he’s deluded
Posted by: LH, January 13, 2018, 5:12pm; Reply: 5
“They only managed to score through a potshot from outside the area and an OG.”

“Vernon had two really good chances and was unlucky to not score either of his two one on ones inside the box”
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 13, 2018, 5:13pm; Reply: 6
Slade to Wilco, aren't you glad we are on a 4 year contract.

Right I will now go out and bamboozle the masses with my sales patter.

I am a builder not a quick fix merchant ,

Russ the builder of sand castles.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 13, 2018, 5:19pm; Reply: 7
He will say about the pressure we put on in the last 20mins, but thats purely due to them sticking 10 men in and around the box letting us just lob it in there but still only managed one shot doing that.
Posted by: monkeyboy, January 13, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 8
time to start looking at someone new, billy heath at halifax has a good record
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 13, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 9
We huffed and puffed John but didn't do the basics right and if you don't do that John you won't win the game.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 13, 2018, 5:29pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from monkeyboy
time to start looking at someone new, billy heath at halifax has a good record

For me it wouldn’t matter who ever we brought in as manager, we need a change from top to bottom, this club is toxic from top to bottom.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 13, 2018, 5:39pm; Reply: 11
First question did we deserve to lose that one.
Salde. No we didn't.

The man is deluded!!!!! We created chances apparnetly.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 13, 2018, 5:39pm; Reply: 12
It took 1 sentence for him to start bull sitting
Posted by: heppy88, January 13, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 13
Slade states we were the best side today.
Deluded.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 13, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 14
He is deluded, utterly deluded. ??)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 13, 2018, 5:41pm; Reply: 15
Section this man.

"We were the better team"

;D ;D
Posted by: heppy88, January 13, 2018, 5:41pm; Reply: 16
He's in total denial. Really really sad.
Posted by: samg, January 13, 2018, 5:41pm; Reply: 17
No more of my hard earned money whilst this dross is being served out!  Top to bottom changes needed including the majority of playing staff
Posted by: Hagrid, January 13, 2018, 5:42pm; Reply: 18
The mans a complete fool
Posted by: heppy88, January 13, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 19
Apparently we need some craft???!!!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 13, 2018, 5:44pm; Reply: 20
That went to Solihull
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 13, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 21
First question did we deserve to lose that one.
Salde. No we didn't.

The man is deluded!!!!! We created chances apparnetly.

How do I get a red cross for this, must still be some deluded fans on the fishy
Posted by: Grimbiggs, January 13, 2018, 5:46pm; Reply: 22
He must have been watching a different game to me, Newport were easily the better side. We had no tactics, created virtually nothing, and resorted to pushing Osborne up front and punting balls into the box as a last resort...he's lost the plot, how can he think we've still got a chance of the play-offs!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 13, 2018, 5:47pm; Reply: 23
What game has he been watching. They had 4 cleared of the line. The score line flattered us not them.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 13, 2018, 5:54pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Grimbiggs
He must have been watching a different game to me, Newport were easily the better side. We had no tactics, created virtually nothing, and resorted to pushing Osborne up front and punting balls into the box as a last resort...he's lost the plot, how can he think we've still got a chance of the play-offs!

He did it with Futch in his first season, I'm shocked its taken him this long to resort to that this time.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 13, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from heppy88

Any local craft fair's tomorrow?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 13, 2018, 5:58pm; Reply: 26
When asked about the fans he said something like “I’ll remain professional “ would like to know what he meant by that, feels like “spoilt” territory to me.
Posted by: mariner91, January 13, 2018, 6:15pm; Reply: 27
Why do managers say things that are so obviously untrue? You only need to look at the match stats to see that we did deserve to lose.
Posted by: Bigdog, January 13, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 28
Tell me how inept a manager has to be to sign 21 players and (his words) not one of them has any craft or can finish in the box..  ;D
Posted by: lowerfindus, January 13, 2018, 6:28pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from HertsGTFC
When asked about the fans he said something like “I’ll remain professional “ would like to know what he meant by that, feels like “spoilt” territory to me.

Probably the same "professionalism" shown at the fans forum when shouting at Matt Dean and subsequently by refusing Matt interviews.

It would be typical of Fenty to sack Slade now Osborne and Tombo have gone plus loanees already in the building (as JSF says).

Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 13, 2018, 6:39pm; Reply: 30
He sounded absolutely desperate to me, half of it was completely rambling, he must know he's close to going judging by that.
Posted by: Dogger Bank, January 13, 2018, 6:43pm; Reply: 31
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05ts839

The guy is absolutely deluded. The end.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 13, 2018, 6:45pm; Reply: 32
I thought he showed more innovation today - Vernon for Matt and Woolford for DJ  both on 67 minutes as opposed to the usual of one on 67 minutes and one on 75 minutes. Must have thrown the Newport management and their planning.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 13, 2018, 6:51pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I thought he showed more innovation today - Vernon for Matt and Woodford for DJ  both on 67 minutes as opposed to the usual of one on 67 minutes and one on 75 minutes. Must have thrown the Newport management and their planning.

Yeah they were expecting footballers.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 13, 2018, 6:53pm; Reply: 34
Someone should have done this

[img]http://home.bt.com/images/comic-lee-nelson-jokes-boris-told-me-to-do-it-after-pms-p45-stunt-136421805317510401-171004130023.jpg[/img]
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 13, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 35
What a plonker !!!!!!!!

"Matt sending off was key,"

It was the 89th minute you idiot.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 13, 2018, 7:07pm; Reply: 36
Pretty sure i have heard that interview before....oh yeah...after last weeks defeat...and the one before that....and the....

No Russ we didnt deserve to win that game at all......to win games you have to score more goals than your opponent...to do that you have to have attempts on goal....very certain they outgunned us on those.....we knocked at least 3 goal bound efforts off the line today.....i will wait to see the official stats but from memory i think we hit the target twice...one just before their equaliser when Vernons attempt was touched wide and one for our goal....cant remember another effort on target and certainly not one that forced "a save".

We need a goal scorer, a goal poacher type you say....well go get one then...Vernam doesnt look that type of player, he looks purposeful, could be useful but not a goal hanger.

I supported your return to the club..... but now....i really am not so sure.
Posted by: gary_elton, January 13, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 37
What a load of unadulterated twaddle Slade....

Total bullsh1t from start to finish....
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 13, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 38
Deluded! Better teams win games not lose them Russ (especially 4 in a row)
Posted by: TAGG, January 13, 2018, 7:17pm; Reply: 39
7 minutes 10 seconds of total deluded bull excrement.
Just be a man and intercourse off Russ and take Wilko with you.
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 13, 2018, 7:21pm; Reply: 40
Now I know where Walt Disney got his idea for Pinocchio from, if Russ carries on talking like that the peak of his hat will not cover his nose. Seriously though, if Slade talks like that to Mr Fenty and he falls for it were well doomed.
Posted by: Grimal, January 13, 2018, 7:29pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from heppy88

Yeh !  some Witchcraft ,thats the only think that will save Slade.

Posted by: moosey_club, January 13, 2018, 7:30pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Gaffer58
Now I know where Walt Disney got his idea for Pinocchio from, if Russ carries on talking like that the peak of his hat will not cover his nose. Seriously though, if Slade talks like that to Mr Fenty and he falls for it were well doomed.

If i was a board member and have witnessed the last few home games, heard pretty much the same post match comments and then again today seen us look pretty ineffective and then heard the manager say again we deserved to win, we did enough overall and if we could just nick a goal  before saying we need craft and a goal poacher and have the summer to process some signings then i would certainly be questioning my own decision to unaminously back him just a few days ago.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 13, 2018, 7:56pm; Reply: 43
Russ. We have just lost to four footballing giants in Accrington, Crewe, Morecambe and Newport, conceding 9 goals and scoring 1. Three of those sides are puffed up non league teams at best.

How you can say we were the better side today is staggering and then you also refuse to comment on the fans, so as to stay "professional". Get some perspective man and tell it how it is. We were not good enough and haven't been for a month. I'm seeing the same signs i saw during our plummet toward non league and those fans you won't comment on are are getting very twitchy right now.

York spring to mind. Got promoted back to the league, new ground in the offing and totally fooked up their management recruitment. Where are they now?
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 13, 2018, 8:01pm; Reply: 44
Dear Mr Fenty I like your new car,I have 5 magic beans that I will give you for it.

If you believe that crap that Slade tells you it is worth a try.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 13, 2018, 8:13pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from grimsby pete
Slade to Wilco, aren't you glad we are on a 4 year contract.

Right I will now go out and bamboozle the masses with my sales patter.

I am a builder not a quick fix merchant ,

Russ the builder of sand castles.

Never did get a reply from Fenty to your question about the length of Slade's contract
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 13, 2018, 8:15pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Just what I thought, he clearly wanted to have a go at the Town fans.

Anyway more patronising bullshit, Fenty if you have heard this surely you must know his time is up.
Posted by: golfer, January 13, 2018, 8:39pm; Reply: 47
I am positive a certain manager has lost the plot. Who?  The decision is yours  Slade-"we were the better team and unlucky not to win"   Flynn "We could have won by 4 or 5 goals"
Posted by: Grimbiggs, January 13, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 48
That must have been one of the most cringeworthy, desperate interviews I have heard in a long time....like that Bobby Ewing Dallas storyline some years back, hopefully I'm going to wake up from this nightmare, and actually find out that Town are actually a top championship team, without this 'Clown' in charge!
Posted by: Bigdog, January 14, 2018, 9:39am; Reply: 49
I thought that JT got a really clever and subtle bit of revenge in for Matt Dean in the interview. With the recent run of form, the obvious subject to press RS about would have been the threat of relegation, but JT made RS look even more deluded by getting him to talk about the chances of making the play-offs..  Genius JT, pure genius..
Posted by: gytone, January 14, 2018, 9:45am; Reply: 50
Slade would make an excellent car salesman, hes so full of crap its unreal and Fenty and his band of arrogant male masturbators have fell for it hook line and sinker  :o
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 14, 2018, 9:48am; Reply: 51
Quoted from Madeleymariner
He is deluded, utterly deluded. ??)

Correction he is a man desperately trying to hang on to his job.

Truth is he is a dead man walking even Fenty cannot ignore the falling revenue at the end of the day the club needs PAYING fans to survive. Ask that arrogant accountant even he will agree on that one.

Posted by: bluebottle, January 14, 2018, 9:55am; Reply: 52
I did ask the arrogant accountant. He told me to " shut up " . ;)
Posted by: gtfcmd, January 14, 2018, 10:31am; Reply: 53
totally clueless idiot wants to be professional by not answering questions, wasn't very professional at the fans forum. his lack of ambition they will just run the club in to the ground its about time they both left now before its to late
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2018, 11:13am; Reply: 54
Quoted from Bigdog
I thought that JT got a really clever and subtle bit of revenge in for Matt Dean in the interview. With the recent run of form, the obvious subject to press RS about would have been the threat of relegation, but JT made RS look even more deluded by getting him to talk about the chances of making the play-offs..  Genius JT, pure genius..

I thought the same. JT got in 2 or 3 really subtle digs and let Slade hang himself.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 14, 2018, 11:20am; Reply: 55
I did well was sat right behind Slade and left it to the fans in the ponny to chant Slade out. ;D

Anyone else notice near the end when a player was injured getting attention ALL the Newport lads were grouped together with all their management team including Lennie Lawrence geeing each other up and talking.

In stark contrast, ours were over towards the Findus spread out dead quite looking lost.

Spoke volumes to me and many more Slade and Wilco have lost that dressing room.

Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 8:00pm