Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 12, 2018, 8:51pm
Just trying to whip up some enthusiasm,.........................not working.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Tommy, January 12, 2018, 9:08pm; Reply: 1
Would be just like Town to go and win when there's such negativity and no-one really expects anything wouldn't it.

Looking forward to seeing the new lad, if nothing else. Surely he'll start?
Posted by: Bentley, January 12, 2018, 9:16pm; Reply: 2
He will 100% be on the bench to be brought on in the 70min mark. If we had paul Hurst still as manager he would start. But if Mr Hurst was still with us the lad wouldn't be here in the first place. What I say is 100% true
Posted by: moosey_club, January 12, 2018, 9:21pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Bentley
He will 100% be on the bench to be brought on in the 70min mark. If we had paul Hurst still as manager he would start. But if Mr Hurst was still with us the lad wouldn't be here in the first place. What I say is 100% true

Well you are lightening the mood for sure....Hurst was pretty efficient at NOT playing loanees  ;D
Posted by: Tommy, January 12, 2018, 9:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from moosey_club

Well you are lightening the mood for sure....Hurst was pretty efficient at NOT playing loanees  ;D

....and 70th min subs.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 12, 2018, 9:40pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Tommy

....and 70th min subs.

what i do find quite amusing at the moment is how Hurst's hoofball tactics have been forgotten about already....the "aim every goal kick, free kick and diagonal ball to Monkhouse's head" ....by far and away that was the most monotonous, soul destroying, and largely ineffective hoofball tactic i have ever seen GTFC use. ...worked for the first two games of that season and by the time the highlights had been shown on TV, every team had it sussed.

Posted by: nightrider, January 12, 2018, 9:48pm; Reply: 6
Hurst/Scott teams used to bypass the midfield, but we were top of the league so it didn't seem to matter  ;D
Posted by: sam gy, January 12, 2018, 10:59pm; Reply: 7
Up the flipping Mariners.
Posted by: pen penfras, January 13, 2018, 9:00am; Reply: 8
Quoted from nightrider
Hurst/Scott teams used to bypass the midfield, but we were top of the league so it didn't seem to matter  ;D

Absolutely, I can't remember the last time I saw a midfield that control the game for us. Jon Nolan seemed to change that a bit, but a lot seemed to dislike him which I could never fathom.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, January 13, 2018, 9:10am; Reply: 9
Come on town let’s get back on track today 3 points and some entertainment HOPEFULLY UTM
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 13, 2018, 12:14pm; Reply: 10
You know what will happen,

Lowest crowd of the season =  biggest win of the season,

Sods law.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 13, 2018, 12:52pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete
You know what will happen,

Lowest crowd of the season =  biggest win of the season,

Sods law.

Let’s hope so.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 6:00am