Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: AlfredTheGreat, January 12, 2018, 10:53am
I am curious what the the missing thousands do on a Saturday afternoon when they don't go to the game. If you find the football boring, fair enough, but do you listen to the same boring football on the radio? Or just check the scores? Or watch another game? Or watch other people listening to game on TV wearing headphones? Or maybe go the pub/shops? What do you do when you are not there because you have chosen not to be there?
Posted by: Mallyner, January 12, 2018, 11:00am; Reply: 1
Quoted from AlfredTheGreat
I am curious what the the missing thousands do on a Saturday afternoon when they don't go to the game. If you find the football boring, fair enough, but do you listen to the same boring football on the radio? Or just check the scores? Or watch another game? Or watch other people listening to game on TV wearing headphones? Or maybe go the pub/shops? What do you do when you are not there because you have chosen not to be there?

Alfred are you trying to find out on the quiet, if anybody else is at home burning cakes?  :)
Posted by: gytone, January 12, 2018, 11:36am; Reply: 2
I get the same buzz watching paint dry, as watching Town just lately  ;)
Posted by: denni266, January 12, 2018, 11:39am; Reply: 3
I listen on the radio if i can depending on where i am.. if the signal is strong enough to be picked up .. not easy tho as i spend a lot of my weekends in norfolk now
Posted by: oochiad, January 12, 2018, 11:39am; Reply: 4
If I don’t go it’s because I’m either ill or working in which case I always listen in. Even as dire as it is at the moment......I still always have hope as we’re all Town aren’t we? UTM
Posted by: supertown, January 12, 2018, 11:53am; Reply: 5
I follow live text (telegraph) and watch Jeff and co
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 12, 2018, 11:59am; Reply: 6
Go with the girlfriend shopping, is so much more fun, honestly....
Posted by: 4055 (Guest), January 12, 2018, 12:23pm; Reply: 7
Sit in a darkened room. :(
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 12, 2018, 12:49pm; Reply: 8
I used to stick pins in my eyeballs but I stay away from BP recently and just go to away games for the day out.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 12, 2018, 12:53pm; Reply: 9
I've been watching ifollow most games but there has been times when I haven't even bothered with that, instead tidying up the garden. I can't stand to see us lose or watch boring no guts football.
Posted by: oldun, January 12, 2018, 12:59pm; Reply: 10
I think some will actually go tomorrow out of curiosity. A bit like people slow down to gawp at a car accident. It's called morbid curiosity. It could well be very morbid. On the other hand there have been times when fans have stayed away only to miss a cracker of a game. You see, you just never know. I will be there because I have already paid via my ST.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 12, 2018, 1:17pm; Reply: 11
I won’t be going I’m afraid. Still can’t justify it.  Haven’t heard anything yet to tempt me back.
But I really really hope I end up regretting not going.  I was hoping I’d regret it last week, but ended up making the right decision. Come on Town, make me and the other 2000 think again.

UTM
Posted by: Zmariner, January 12, 2018, 1:18pm; Reply: 12
Will go because I have a season ticket otherwise would not utm
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 12, 2018, 1:42pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Civvy at last
I won’t be going I’m afraid. Still can’t justify it.  Haven’t heard anything yet to tempt me back.
But I really really hope I end up regretting not going.  I was hoping I’d regret it last week, but ended up making the right decision. Come on Town, make me and the other 2000 think again.
This is one of those very rare occasions when I would love to be proved wrong.

UTM

That was how it was Civvy when we played Swindon, on the back of another period where we went 5 games without scoring

It was the lowest gate we've had this season I believe but imho the best game - one where we had desire and demonstrated we have got a team to get excited about

If you take that one game as an attractive event in isolation though, I can understand why people are now reluctant to get out and watch Town

This is the third Saturday on the trot that we'll have been at home now and for some folk it is just to much to tolerate

If there was any hope of attractive football, an attack minded team and tactics, then I think people would give the club the benefit of the doubt but as it is, week after week, the enthusiasm from the terraces is being sapped

I don't know whose idea it was to bring the Morecambe game forward from mid February to last Saturday but in a lot of ways it has back-fired, not just as a stand alone defeat, but as a continuation of a hapless / hopeless spell

Anyway I will be there tomorrow with no great expectations, just high hopes of some positivity..... can someone wake me up about 5-00pm tomorrow if the game goes the same way as the last few have?
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 12, 2018, 1:48pm; Reply: 14
Stick a VPN on and watch on iFollow
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 12, 2018, 1:56pm; Reply: 15
I watch a recording of Ancient Aliens. (alien)(alien)
Posted by: OneLove, January 12, 2018, 2:18pm; Reply: 16
have a few bets on the gee gee's and footy, get a chippy, few beers happy days!
Posted by: topuphere666, January 12, 2018, 2:20pm; Reply: 17
I play locally most Saturday afternoons but always check the results as soon as I’ve finished. I went last week and it was appalling. I haven’t got a game tomorrow and not sure I can muster up the will to go to BP
Posted by: fishyfanny, January 12, 2018, 3:31pm; Reply: 18
I choose to work overtime instead. Gaining money is much better than throwing it away, which is just how it feels at the moment. I always looked forward to going to the game with my mate and his lad. A pre-match beer/bovril and a bag of Haribo, and looking forward to seeing the lads hard at work. But just lately, the joy of going to BP has gone and I feel very sad and annoyed about it. I'm sure it will come back, but at the moment, it's work on a Saturday for the foreseeable future.
Posted by: Badger57, January 12, 2018, 3:37pm; Reply: 19
Wifey offered to buy me a ticket for tomorrow (probably just to get my miserable face out of the house when Town are playing) I turned her down flat. I ain't going back until AT LEAST Slade has gone. End of.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 12, 2018, 3:48pm; Reply: 20

I go to all the home games (ST holder)

Don't do any away games these days so I listen to the iFollow commentary whilst looking at the Match Thread on The Fishy........latest scores on the telly and a beer.
Posted by: the driver, January 12, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 21
Unfortunately I am having an enforced break a weekend away tomorrow then a week in Tenerife for the next home match’s or I would be there and hopefully when I’m next at BP there will be a massive improvement I live in hope
Posted by: marinernige, January 12, 2018, 5:29pm; Reply: 22
Have a st ,but enjoy going to the races ,missing the Luton match(going to Cheltenham for the racing)
A bad day at the races is still more enjoyable than watching 'Town' sorry to say
Posted by: rancido, January 12, 2018, 9:06pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from gytone
I get the same buzz watching paint dry, as watching Town just lately  ;)

At least paint does dry so you get a result which is more than Slade will get.
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), January 12, 2018, 9:24pm; Reply: 24
Well I vowed not to but intercourse it.  150 mile round trip, 18 quid for a ticket, excrement food, overpriced beer and an afternoon of watching a sinking ship surrounded by fellow mariners.

Yep, London boat show for me.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 13, 2018, 2:55pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from 139914
Well I vowed not to but intercourse it.  150 mile round trip, 18 quid for a ticket, excrement food, overpriced beer and an afternoon of watching a sinking ship surrounded by fellow mariners.

;D
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 13, 2018, 2:55pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from 139914

;D
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 3:21am