Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 9, 2018, 12:36am

GTFC Official Site -

"Our Reserves have their first fixture of 2018 on Tuesday afternoon when York City are the visitors to Cheapside (2pm).

Town: (from) Saunders, Killip, Battersby, Hooper, Kelly, Osborne, Clifton, Cardwell, Clements, Keeble, McMillan, Buckley, Powells, Burrell, Jamieson, Curran, McAllister.

Please note that this Central League fixture will be played at our Cheapside training ground."

I would've been tempted if it had been at BP.

Posted by: ginnywings, January 9, 2018, 12:43am; Reply: 1
Why Cheapside? Perhaps there is transfer business being done at BP?

Would have attended if it was at BP.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 9, 2018, 4:58am; Reply: 2
Thought the new lad might have been included.
Posted by: cjbill, January 9, 2018, 6:14am; Reply: 3
Is that McAllistair as in Sean??? Has he come back or is it a YT?
Posted by: chaos33, January 9, 2018, 6:43am; Reply: 4
I thought Cardwell had gone to Guisely?
Posted by: RoboCod, January 9, 2018, 7:14am; Reply: 5
Heh. Even the seemingly simple task of detailing a reserve game is like solving a jigsaw puzzle these days. A jigsaw puzzle that is missing a piece or two, when did supporting your local team become such hard work :o :o
Posted by: Abdul19, January 9, 2018, 8:03am; Reply: 6
Yeah McAllister tweeted his thanks to York for the last month so I presume he's back. Which Battersby is it, even Toyah's getting on a bit these days?
Posted by: lee65, January 9, 2018, 8:07am; Reply: 7
Maybe we’ve signed Les for “experience “  :)
Posted by: RoboCod, January 9, 2018, 8:41am; Reply: 8
Where are we with McAllister d'you reckon? Does he need to get through 90 minutes today to figure for the first team, or do we expect 60-70 minutes from him per game. Or has he even come back injured...surely this month will be decision time, especially on the back of the Osborne saga.
I do hope he's come back fit and ready but it seems a long shot after all this time.
Posted by: Sigone, January 9, 2018, 9:24am; Reply: 9
They can't play at cheapside surely...wont it be a bit dark 2nd half...or is it our new ploy to sneak a few goals in.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 9, 2018, 9:29am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Sigone
They can't play at cheapside surely...wont it be a bit dark 2nd half...or is it our new ploy to sneak a few goals in.

2pm kick-off - should be light till 4pm.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 9, 2018, 10:10am; Reply: 11
Quoted from chaos33
I thought Cardwell had gone to Guisely?

Think that came from one of those dodgy know it all, know nothing Twitter sites. It's even called ITK just to let you know they are in the know.
Posted by: Maringer, January 9, 2018, 10:35am; Reply: 12
The chap I know who is a big Sutton fan has confirmed that Bolarinwa has been released by us and has signed a 2 and a half year contract them. He travelled up with the players in the bus at the weekend and spoke to Bolarinwa to confirm it, if the tweet by their manager weren't enough evidence!

This being case, why on earth hasn't the OS reported it yet? Really bizarre the way things are going at present.
Posted by: mariner91, January 9, 2018, 10:40am; Reply: 13
Bit disappointing that we released him given that we paid a fee. Surely we could have held out for a fee even if it was just 20% of what we paid for him.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 9, 2018, 10:41am; Reply: 14
Perhaps they fear a backlash and want to get some players in before announcing departures? Can't think of any other reason really, other than that's just how it is at our club.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 9, 2018, 10:45am; Reply: 15
Quoted from mariner91
Bit disappointing that we released him given that we paid a fee. Surely we could have held out for a fee even if it was just 20% of what we paid for him.

We don't know we didn't get a fee, because we have not been told yet that he has gone, never mind the details.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 9, 2018, 11:11am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Maringer
The chap I know who is a big Sutton fan has confirmed that Bolarinwa has been released by us and has signed a 2 and a half year contract them. He travelled up with the players in the bus at the weekend and spoke to Bolarinwa to confirm it, if the tweet by their manager weren't enough evidence!

This being case, why on earth hasn't the OS reported it yet? Really bizarre the way things are going at present.

Probably something to do with the club being entirely dysfunctional, especially when it involves communication and public relations.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 9, 2018, 11:34am; Reply: 17
I don’t really get all this crying over us not being told he’s gone . He was fooking excrement.e and a waste of money .
Posted by: cannylad68, January 9, 2018, 12:02pm; Reply: 18
Getting back to today's reserve match.

Under 0.5 goals i.e. 0-0 on Betfair 14/1.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 9, 2018, 12:25pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from ginnywings
Perhaps they fear a backlash and want to get some players in before announcing departures? Can't think of any other reason really, other than that's just how it is at our club.

Surely it's the other way round?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 9, 2018, 12:32pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Surely it's the other way round?

Depends if you think Tom going to Sutton is a good move or not. Many fans seem disgruntled that he is leaving- think he is better than what we have and should be playing. I personally don't think and never did think he was good enough, and am not bothered that he has gone.

However, if he has indeed signed permanently for Sutton, why have we not heard about it other than a tweet from their end? As i said the other day, small things.....
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 9, 2018, 2:14pm; Reply: 21
Reserves XI: Killip, McMillan, K. Osborne, Keeble, Kelly, McAllister, Clements, Clifton, Hooper, Buckley, Cardwell.

Currently losing 1-0.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 9, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 22
1-1 Chris Clements equalises.
Posted by: oochiad, January 9, 2018, 2:43pm; Reply: 23
Sounds like Clements is having a good game.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 9, 2018, 2:51pm; Reply: 24

Live Blog.......for anyone interested               https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/town-v-york---live-blog/
Posted by: Tommy, January 9, 2018, 3:06pm; Reply: 25
2-1

Clifton
Posted by: Simariner, January 9, 2018, 4:28pm; Reply: 26
I'd have these two as my CM pairing.....

McAllister & Clements
Posted by: lee65, January 9, 2018, 4:47pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Simariner

McAllister & Clements

Surely you wouldn’t leave Summerfield out at the minute?, so it would perhaps mean one of the 3 just in front of the back 4?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 9, 2018, 4:53pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Simariner

McAllister & Clements

Whow there what's the need to mix it up that radically when things are going so well. I vote we continue with the current play, rinse repeat policy that is deployed.
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 9, 2018, 7:29pm; Reply: 29
See Russ new attacking policy is already paying off, 2 goals in one game.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 9, 2018, 10:42pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Simariner

McAllister & Clements

Erm a player who has played only a handful of games in over 18 months and a player who couldn't get in Barrow's team and has off field problems as well as personal fitness problems.

I'll have some of what you are smoking.
Posted by: kevikov, January 9, 2018, 11:42pm; Reply: 31
How many reserve games is that now for McAllister? Have they all been 90 mins?  
Posted by: Grantley, January 10, 2018, 12:25am; Reply: 32
When Sean Mac is 100% fit I’d wager that he is our best central midfielder. Unfortunately, he hasn’t been 100% fit for years and that’s why he’s down the pecking order.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 10, 2018, 12:35am; Reply: 33
Quoted from Grantley
When Sean Mac is 100% fit I’d wager that he is our best central midfielder. Unfortunately, he hasn’t been 100% fit for years and that’s why he’s down the pecking order.

Don't worry. Just as soon as he's fully fit he'll be packed off back to Scunny. It's all part of Slade's masterplan to rid himself of previous managers' signings who might show his own signings in a bad light.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 3:05am