Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 7, 2018, 2:04pm

Live  BBC 1 now.

After all the doom and gloom a bit of light relief watching some ex Town players   :)
Posted by: ginnywings, January 7, 2018, 2:06pm; Reply: 1
Yeah, i'm watching. Hope it's better than the Fleetwood game which i gave up on at half time.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 7, 2018, 2:08pm; Reply: 2
Newport beat Leeds 2-1. Oh for a cup run.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 7, 2018, 2:09pm; Reply: 3
7 ex Town players and Hursts, not all on the pitch.  I hope they win.
Posted by: blundellpork, January 7, 2018, 2:19pm; Reply: 4
Would take Henderson, Nsiala and Nolan back in a heartbeat
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 7, 2018, 2:21pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from blundellpork
Would take Henderson, Nsiala and Nolan back in a heartbeat

I'm sure you would.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, January 7, 2018, 2:21pm; Reply: 6
Giving West Ham a game, shows were we could have been if Fenty had any ambition.
Posted by: Perkins, January 7, 2018, 2:22pm; Reply: 7
I'm watching, with envy, looking at our ex manager and a team half composed of our ex players having such success while our own club is in the state it is.
Posted by: LH, January 7, 2018, 2:23pm; Reply: 8
There’s one or two of the players that I had doubts about being able to make the step up but PH got the best out of a lot of players and got them working for each other. It’s like he was never here now. As I type this it is said that Jon Nolan is linked with Championship clubs - but he wasn’t rated by many on here?  ::)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 7, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 9
Can you remember the outrage from some on here when Jon Nolan signed for us?  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, January 7, 2018, 2:28pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from LH
There’s one or two of the players that I had doubts about being able to make the step up but PH got the best out of a lot of players and got them working for each other. It’s like he was never here now. As I type this it is said that Jon Nolan is linked with Championship clubs - but he wasn’t rated by many on here?  ::)

He was rated by me. Think he was instrumental in getting us promoted. He got the team moving forward quicker.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 7, 2018, 2:30pm; Reply: 11
He was excellent Nolan. Oh to have Hurst in charge. I've completely fallen off the wagon with Town atm, going to the games is a chore! Shrews playing well currently, been the better team
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 7, 2018, 2:31pm; Reply: 12
I hate John Fenty
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 7, 2018, 2:31pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings

He was rated by me. Think he was instrumental in getting us promoted. He got the team moving forward quicker.

He was rated by me apart from seeing him in Faro Airport with white socks & flip-flops on.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 7, 2018, 2:32pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He was rated by me apart from seeing him in Faro Airport with white socks & flip-flops on.

He is a Scouser though.
Posted by: LH, January 7, 2018, 2:35pm; Reply: 15
That’s standard footballer travel attire these days. Did he have his big head phones on as well?
Posted by: topuphere666, January 7, 2018, 2:35pm; Reply: 16
Henderson looks like he’s filled out well! Decent game so far.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 7, 2018, 2:36pm; Reply: 17
Big save that from Hart
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 7, 2018, 2:37pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from LH
That’s standard footballer travel attire these days. Did he have his big head phones on as well?

Yes - Lenny did too. They were all asleep on the plane like they'd been given tranqs - even Hursty.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 7, 2018, 2:44pm; Reply: 19
More importantly I hope that the powers that be at GTFC are watching this as they need to be reminded about what we could have been if they had not been so unimaginative.
Posted by: Welwynmariner, January 7, 2018, 2:46pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from LH

Norwich are evidently interested in Nolan.

Toto looks pretty impressive too
Posted by: GG, January 7, 2018, 2:51pm; Reply: 21
An excellent first half performance by the Shrews. Saddens me as to what could have been if certain powers that be made more of an effort to a) keep Hurst and b) keep the promotion squad together and c) give Hurst the support he needs without interference.

I hope Fenty is watching this game and tomorrow's board meeting brings the correct outcome.
Posted by: geir, January 7, 2018, 2:54pm; Reply: 22
Also shown on one of the Norwegian channels. Lots of praise to Shrewsbury from the commentator. Says that Shrewsbury have total defensive control - and that it is no wonder that Shrewsbury is second in their league.
Clearly the best team in the first half.

Oh, how I miss Hurst right now...  :'(
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 7, 2018, 2:54pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

All you need to do is watch the Wembley game again and you'll see what Nolan added.

Good player who should go on to bigger things.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 7, 2018, 3:00pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from GG
An excellent first half performance by the Shrews. Saddens me as to what could have been if certain powers that be made more of an effort to a) keep Hurst and b) keep the promotion squad together and c) give Hurst the support he needs without interference.

I hope Fenty is watching this game and tomorrow's board meeting brings the correct outcome.

It was Hurst's decision to allow the promotion squad to leave.
Posted by: GG, January 7, 2018, 3:02pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It was his decision as far as being told if he wants to improve his squad he has to let some go because the board weren't giving him any extra cash.
Posted by: LH, January 7, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Cynically I wonder if he told them all to go and only get a max of a two year contract elsewhere if possible so he could get them back together at a new club.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 7, 2018, 3:11pm; Reply: 27
Can someone please refresh my memory. When and why did Rodman leave us. Was he released or what and where did he go after GTFC?
Posted by: barrattstandman, January 7, 2018, 3:15pm; Reply: 28
What we have to realise is that the Shrews are an established league club. People forget that we are a NON LEAGUE team establishing ourselves after many years out of the league. We can’t expect to plough on through the league straight away , Luton with all their resources took several years in non league and are only just now getting to grips with the second division.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 7, 2018, 3:16pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Ipswin
Can someone please refresh my memory. When and why did Rodman leave us. Was he released or what and where did he go after GTFC?

He was going to Hibs in the summer. We signed a replacement which I think was Arnold. The manager at Hibs changed and his move which was agreed fell through. We didn't offer him anything or reduced terms and he went Gateshead.
Posted by: Grantley, January 7, 2018, 3:16pm; Reply: 30
But...but...Nolan slowed the game down and didn’t do enough defensive work!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 7, 2018, 3:17pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from barrattstandman
What we have to realise is that the Shrews are an established league club. People forget that we are a NON LEAGUE team establishing ourselves after many years out of the league. We can’t expect to plough on through the league straight away , Luton with all their resources took several years in non league and are only just now getting to grips with the second division.

Someone should explain that to Lincoln.
Posted by: barrattstandman, January 7, 2018, 3:18pm; Reply: 32
Ipswin if you were a true Town fan you would know where he went. Contract up not really rated by many on here so he went to Gateshead .
Posted by: Ipswin, January 7, 2018, 3:19pm; Reply: 33
Ipswin if you were a true Town fan you would know where he went. Contract up not really rated by many on here so he went to Gateshead .

Many thanks and oh, intercourse off!
Posted by: Mikoo, January 7, 2018, 3:27pm; Reply: 34
Perfectly poised for a John-Lewis winner off the bench  ;)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 7, 2018, 3:27pm; Reply: 35

That's not the case at all. We absolutely wanted to keep him. He was our best player in the 2nd half of that season.
Posted by: nightrider, January 7, 2018, 3:33pm; Reply: 36
Under PH we were struggling to beat the likes of the mighty Hinckley? Did we even have a shot on target?
He improved over night when he mover to Shrewsbury
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 7, 2018, 3:34pm; Reply: 37

You can be a proper supporter without retaining an encyclopedic knowledge of the circumstances behind every signing and departure, hope this helps.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 7, 2018, 3:45pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Chrisblor

You can be a proper supporter without retaining an encyclopedic knowledge of the circumstances behind every signing and departure, hope this helps.

Thank you for that I recall seeing Rodman have a good game at Cambridge when we won 2-1 in the Conference 2012 or 2013 I think but missed his departure

Posted by: LH, January 7, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from nightrider
Under PH we were struggling to beat the likes of the mighty Hinckley? Did we even have a shot on target?
He improved over night when he mover to Shrewsbury

We struggled to beat the mighty Hinckley because we didn’t play them.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 7, 2018, 3:54pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from LH

Probably for the best then...
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 7, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 41
Dull as excrement game.  Hursts out!
Posted by: Abdul19, January 7, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 42
Some goalfests on tv this weekend!
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 7, 2018, 4:12pm; Reply: 43
Looking at the Shrewsbury ground, would it be adequate for us, with just a few tweeks. A directors box completely encased in bullet and soundproof glass so our non chairman does not have to hear the fans. Also from the boardroom there would be a private lift that goes directly to the underground car park, again so there would be no fans interaction. We could save a bit of money on only buying one set of goalposts and a net, Macca could take them with him to whichever end he is defending, we never shoot/ score so the other end wouldn't need them. If anybody can think of anything else please feel free to note hem down.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 7, 2018, 4:19pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Gaffer58
Looking at the Shrewsbury ground, would it be adequate for us, with just a few tweeks. A directors box completely encased in bullet and soundproof glass so our non chairman does not have to hear the fans. Also from the boardroom there would be a private lift that goes directly to the underground car park, again so there would be no fans interaction. We could save a bit of money on only buying one set of goalposts and a net, Macca could take them with him to whichever end he is defending, we never shoot/ score so the other end wouldn't need them. If anybody can think of anything else please feel free to note hem down.

And he could then equip his Merc with sub-machine guns to annihilate any nay-sayers lurking in the car park.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 7, 2018, 4:27pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And he could then equip his Merc with sub-machine guns to annihilate any nay-sayers lurking in the car park.

merc went when it got scratched...Aston Martin now i believe so probably has the 007 extra's fitted.  ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 7, 2018, 4:30pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from moosey_club

merc went when it got scratched...Aston Martin now i believe so probably has the 007 extra's fitted.  ;)

Merc was in the car park yesterday!
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 7, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 47
Forgot, there would not be a table in the boardroom, snooker table instead, great for holding press conferences.
Posted by: LH, January 7, 2018, 10:52pm; Reply: 48
I did not realise how much of a Grimsby accent goes onto Brereton Ave until I heard MOTD’s commentary of the Forest/Arsenal match just now. Braiiiiirton/Brair-re-tun.
Posted by: nightrider, January 8, 2018, 12:07am; Reply: 49
Quoted from LH

Bloody Coalville - even worse  ;D
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 7:26pm