Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 7, 2018, 12:20pm
Surely Fenty has to take note that the likes of Tombola and Osbourne would rather stay in non-league and play rather than come back here a fight for a place. Either they severely lack ambition or find the whole place poisonous!

Alternatively they could just be taking Town for a ride, staying at their previous clubs/closer to home while picking up the considerable pay increase they would have received when signing for Town. If I was Slade I'd have them back out of principle - IMO they're both taking the urine out of our club by calling all the shots and claiming a football league players wage while playing in non-league! If they want to stay in the league below then their wages should reflect that!

Perhaps there's more to it than that but surely football is the only profession where a worker could do this!
Posted by: Grimbiggs, January 7, 2018, 12:24pm; Reply: 1
I think you've missed the boat with Tombola as hes already gone! doesn't look good for Osborne either, i suspect we will get a similar announcement this week, what an utter shambles!
Posted by: Hagrid, January 7, 2018, 12:28pm; Reply: 2
Dont think Tom has done anything wrong? Slade doesnt fancy him and he's moved on pure and simple. osborne is taking the urine
Posted by: Kris2, January 7, 2018, 12:41pm; Reply: 3
Tombola just isn't good enough for league football. No manager we had saw him as a starting player and if he's only seen as somebody who can play a bit part then better to move him on. Raw pace and power work in non league but you need a degree of footballing skill to play higher up which he just doesn't have.

I like Tom, I really do. He's got a lot of enthusiasm and it's fun to watch and see what he'll do next because even he probably doesn't know but he's not very good, doesn't have the fitness to play a full game at this level and only does something useful 1 in maybe 20 attempts.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 7, 2018, 12:46pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Kris2
Tombola just isn't good enough for league football. No manager we had saw him as a starting player and if he's only seen as somebody who can play a bit part then better to move him on. Raw pace and power work in non league but you need a degree of footballing skill to play higher up which he just doesn't have.

I like Tom, I really do. He's got a lot of enthusiasm and it's fun to watch and see what he'll do next because even he probably doesn't know but he's not very good, doesn't have the fitness to play a full game at this level and only does something useful 1 in maybe 20 attempts.

Give me Tom over Woolford any day. He either isn't fit or isn't interested - or both.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 7, 2018, 12:49pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Kris2

You're missing the point, we have to play what we have been left with with the signings of Bignot and Slade and many just cannot understand why someone like Woolford is constantly being picked when he only played 9 games last season, doesn't look fit and in most games contributes frig all.

I know TB looks like he has gone but I know who I would rather have seen in the team.

Oh and seeing as you seem to suggest he only did something useful in one attempt in twenty, I didn't realise he had played that much. :-/  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 7, 2018, 12:50pm; Reply: 6
I am sure when he signed Osborne said he would move to Grimsby.

I think the situation with both players is different Tom just wants to play and Osborne just wants to be closer to home.

Remember it’s a job to them they don’t have the same feeling for the club as we do.

Osborne could be closer to home earn less money as if he was hiring digs in Grimsby and commuting his outgoings should reduce at SHM and he’d be closer to his family, many of you would be happier with that I’m sure.

Tom made the move and it didn’t work out, is he good enough? Not sure as I’m not convinced we saw the best of him.

I’m happy if they go though we will be losing better than what we have my frustration is Slade’s procrastinating over the matter.

Oh and just in case I’d add in a sell on clause for allowing them to go early for what I assume will be no or a minimal fee.

Posted by: ginnywings, January 7, 2018, 1:10pm; Reply: 7
My take is that Tombola never developed enough to be a league player and has gone back to his level. No shame in that. Osborne has all the skill but does he have the heart? If you could combine the two, you would have one hell of a player. Sadly at our level, you rarely get both, which is why they are in the lower leagues.

I think Ozzy is a cracking player but none of us know for sure what the facts are, so i won't speculate as to which side is to blame for his absence. I personally feel he just doesn't want to be here anymore, so may as well let him move on. Or maybe he will be back next week, who knows?
Posted by: Grantley, January 7, 2018, 1:27pm; Reply: 8
Tom may or may not be good enough for League 2 football. We know for certain that Woolford isn’t.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 9:20am