Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 6, 2018, 8:41pm
Some aren’t good enough, some at least try, but the one thing that seems evident with all of them is that they are not enjoying playing football. We are losing two lads with potential, another in Clements won’t be played. Enjoying your job means you are prepared to go a little further, try a little harder and this lot are seemingly prevented from doing so by a buffoon of a manager..
Fenty is culpable in his recruitment of course but Slade is like a flipping tarantula sucking the fun out of everything.
Get him gone.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 6, 2018, 8:44pm; Reply: 1
I can't believe someone else can't get more out of these players than the current management team. We've shown on occasions this season we have got what it takes and the defence has been strong most of the season. The squad is too big which is always going to lead to bad morale, but the present malaise seems more serious than just a few dispirited players.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 6, 2018, 9:38pm; Reply: 2
I watched the warm-up quite closely today. Some were very disinterested.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 6, 2018, 9:45pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I watched the warm-up quite closely today. Some were very disinterested.

Agree and I think it's been like that for a bit despite a decent run of games in early December.

This squad is not good but it's functional, mid table at best. Today's performance was relegation standard what does that tell you?

Posted by: ginnywings, January 6, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 4
I was watching our subs doing their half time exercises, with someone in the middle of the circle prompting them and must say that he was a lot more enthusiastic than they were in their movements.
Posted by: mariner83, January 6, 2018, 9:51pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
I was watching our subs doing their half time exercises, with someone in the middle of the circle prompting them and must say that he was a lot more enthusiastic than they were in their movements.

Probably wondering what the hell they have to do to get in the starting 11.
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 6, 2018, 9:53pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

He does that every game, it’s usually the most entertaining part of the day.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 6, 2018, 10:56pm; Reply: 7
Were they playing 'what's the time Mr Wolf?' again?
Posted by: lukeo, January 7, 2018, 7:38am; Reply: 8
The lad you're talking about is the only thing or person that looks like they take it serious and want to be their. His enthusiasm is amazing. I enjoy watching him pre match putting the players through their way up and just the way he's doing it, shows real passion.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 7, 2018, 9:14am; Reply: 9
It s Greg the S and C coach. Went to Notts county with him last season and he's a good lad. Big town fan
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 7, 2018, 9:16am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Hagrid
It s Greg the S and C coach. Went to Notts county with him last season and he's a good lad. Big town fan

The S&C coach that would have kept Hurst here - oh the irony!
Posted by: oldun, January 7, 2018, 10:54am; Reply: 11
It is a pity his enthusiasm doesn't rub off on the players. They seem to go through the motions and almost lack respect for what he is doing. Also the shooting practice is poor with many efforts not on target. I walk past their collection of Mercs, Bm's and Audi's parked outside and just wonder if they really are earning their salaries sometimes.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 7, 2018, 1:14pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Hagrid

He might be a good lad, I don't know him, but having seen most of the warm ups I don't know what he is bringing to the team as most of the time the players don't seem interested and at Crewe he ended up being the ball boy for Paul Wilkinson.

Is this just another addition to the back room staff that Slade wanted to bring in that isn't having an effect on the way the team plays?
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 12:06pm