Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 5, 2018, 2:20pm
I’m just saying it some of you maybe thinking it. I wonder if we’ll have another episode like the last time we got a keeper on loan. I’m not slagging James off I value him as a gk but I hope he doesn’t see his bottom again.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 5, 2018, 2:26pm; Reply: 1
He's injured, so what does he expect? If the new lad performs, then he will have a job shifting him, that's football and you need to keep moving forward. Maybe he will win back his place and a new contract, maybe he won't.
Posted by: Mikoo, January 5, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 2
What is this supposed to mean?

Deano earned his place in the team and turned out to be a superior keeper to Macca?
What are we supposed to do, not play a better player?
Posted by: Garth, January 5, 2018, 2:28pm; Reply: 3
Why would he want to do that, he`s injured it happens,  Warrow`s past it now and Killip is still learning
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 5, 2018, 2:30pm; Reply: 4
I’m saying slades done nothing wrong I’m
Just saying the performance we had last time
Posted by: Abdul19, January 5, 2018, 2:31pm; Reply: 5
I think 'Warrow' is possibly the shittest GTFC nickname since 'Clayey'!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 5, 2018, 2:38pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mikoo
What is this supposed to mean?

Deano earned his place in the team and turned out to be a superior keeper to Macca?
What are we supposed to do, not play a better player?

Macca didn't see it that way though. He asked for a transfer, which is what the OP is referring to. It was ill advised at the time and made him look a bit of a prat, so i don't think it will happen again.

I like Macca a lot- he has improved this season and is a good servant, but i think we can do better and as in any team, you need to keep improving every position to climb the league. Either the player does the improvement himself, or the manager brings in an improvement. Not sure Macca is going to get much better personally. He's good but he aint Mildenhall or Coyne.
Posted by: rancido, January 5, 2018, 2:42pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

Macca didn't see it that way though. He asked for a transfer, which is what the OP is referring to. It was ill advised at the time and made him look a bit of a prat, so i don't think it will happen again.

I like Macca a lot- he has improved this season and is a good servant, but i think we can do better and as in any team, you need to keep improving every position to climb the league. Either the player does the improvement himself, or the manager brings in an improvement. Not sure Macca is going to get much better personally. He's good but he aint Mildenhall or Coyne.

Macca is ok but if we want to progress out of this league then we need better, especially a keeper that is more commanding in the air.
Posted by: mimma, January 5, 2018, 3:33pm; Reply: 8
I agree with you Rancido Maccas alright but the difference Henderson made to the whole of the defence was noticeable.  He cammanded the area which gave the rest confidence in him. Something Macca has failed to do.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 5, 2018, 3:36pm; Reply: 9
Is he still the keeper who has made the most saves in our league this season?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 5, 2018, 3:43pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Doesn't that just indicate that we allow more shots against us than most teams?
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 5, 2018, 3:46pm; Reply: 11
Most saves probably means the opposition are getting more chances.
Posted by: rancido, January 5, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 12

I want a team where the keeper doesn't have to make saves and his only exercise isn't picking the ball out of the back of the net.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 5, 2018, 5:18pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from mimma
I agree with you Rancido Maccas alright but the difference Henderson made to the whole of the defence was noticeable.  He cammanded the area which gave the rest confidence in him. Something Macca has failed to do.

I think Henderson has had a much higher level of coaching at a young age. I'm sure Warro (?) is a decent coach but most of Macca's youth was spent at non-league levels without the same level of coaching.
Posted by: rancido, January 5, 2018, 9:16pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think Henderson has had a much higher level of coaching at a young age. I'm sure Warro (?) is a decent coach but most of Macca's youth was spent at non-league levels without the same level of coaching.

Well he came through the Youth system at Coventry and Walsall and he played for Peterborough so he must have had a reasonable level of coaching. Admittedly he also played non-league whilst out on loan from Peterborough.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 6, 2018, 9:53am; Reply: 15

That’s because our free flowing attacking style of football will always invite attacks on the break. Perhaps we need to sit a bit deeper and focus more on defending corners and set pieces 😂😂😂😂

Nurse,  nurse, where’s my tablets ??
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 12:21am