Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: denni266, January 4, 2018, 4:59pm
We have signed ??????????  again
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 4, 2018, 5:03pm; Reply: 1
That's a bit worrying teams quick off the mark, seems to be following a similar pattern
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 4, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 2
Doubt we will have a busy window - Probably more out than in. Can't see the club dipping into the bank account - what are we going to achieve? - we aint going up and we aint going down. I bet the club are thinking save the cash for next year.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 4, 2018, 5:17pm; Reply: 3
Most of those signings are young loanees and untried non league players. Nothing to get too worried about i would have thought in terms of other teams getting stronger.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 4, 2018, 5:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ginnywings
Most of those signings are young loanees and untried non league players. Nothing to get too worried about i would have thought in terms of other teams getting stronger.

But what about Gavin Gunning to FGR....a perfect match??
Posted by: northbankmariner, January 4, 2018, 5:25pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Doubt we will have a busy window - Probably more out than in. Can't see the club dipping into the bank account - what are we going to achieve? - we aint going up and we aint going down. I bet the club are thinking save the cash for next year.

My thoughts exactly, we are unable to attract above average players for a loan move, and have far too many average players on our books. The end of the season will be the best time to move players on who are out of contract and sign some decent out of contract players before our rivals do.

Any spare cash we may have would be wasted in this period.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2018, 5:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from northbankmariner

My thoughts exactly, we are unable to attract above average players for a loan move, and have far too many average players on our books. The end of the season will be the best time to move players on who are out of contract and sign some decent out of contract players before our rivals do.

Any spare cash we may have would be wasted in this period.

There's players that are in contract for next season that are a greater concern (Hooper,Dixon,Kelly)
Posted by: ginnywings, January 4, 2018, 5:57pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

But what about Gavin Gunning to FGR....a perfect match??

He'll have to stop biting the heads off chickens.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 4, 2018, 6:08pm; Reply: 8
We don't rush into things we take a long time studying and researching players,before we sign the wrong ones.
Posted by: denni266, January 4, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from friskneymariner
We don't rush into things we take a long time studying and researching players,before we sign the wrong ones.

That is funny, but unfortunatly  very true :-/
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 4, 2018, 7:00pm; Reply: 10
JF has told RS he can't do any business until after Saturday, I wonder why (icon_question)(icon_question)(icon_question)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2018, 7:11pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
JF has told RS he can't do any business until after Saturday, I wonder why (icon_question)(icon_question)(icon_question)

I wonder who has told you that.
Posted by: Garth, January 4, 2018, 7:12pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Source or is that fake news?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 4, 2018, 9:12pm; Reply: 13
Semedo impressed me but I don't think DJ can be recalled as it is a season loan.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 4, 2018, 9:14pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
With DJ most likely going back to Norwich having signed a new 3-year deal and Woolford out of contract at the end of the season, I would love us to sign someone like that Portugeuse left-winger Sandro Semedo who played for Leyton Orient last year.  He's still without a club having been on trial at Derby County and training with Portsmouth in November/December, he would have been in the academy when Slade was at Leyton Orient.

Link >> https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pompey-continue-to-monitor-portuguese-talent-1-8248940

He was their stand out player that day, but from what I can recall his end product was pretty shite.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 4, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from friskneymariner

It takes time to analyse who runs around the most. And has no nouse.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 4, 2018, 10:28pm; Reply: 16
He did identify one player with a real good heat map,turned out he had bad case of flu.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 4, 2018, 10:53pm; Reply: 17

Rumour -

Cardiff City set to swoop for Forest Green Rovers striker Christian Doidge
Posted by: OllieGTFC, January 5, 2018, 4:21pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Forest Green Rovers have signed Reuben Reid for an undisclosed fee from fellow League Two side Exeter City. The 29-year-old striker joined the Grecians in September 2016 and made 67 appearances, scoring 22 goals in all competitions.

Great signing when he is fully fit
Posted by: RoboCod, January 9, 2018, 4:09pm; Reply: 19
What shirt squad number are FGR up to now??
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 9, 2018, 4:14pm; Reply: 20
cheltenham release midfielder Kyle storer

Grimsby, cheltenham and Mansfield reported to be interested in signing Leicester under 23 midfielder George Thomas on loan
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 9, 2018, 4:16pm; Reply: 21
DayLe Southwell leaves Wycombe to Join guisley
Posted by: Croxton, January 9, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 22
So, if Guisley have Southwell they may have no interest in Cardwell?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 9, 2018, 8:25pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Croxton
So, if Guisley have Southwell they may have no interest in Cardwell?

That was just a Twitter rumour.
Posted by: Croxton, January 9, 2018, 8:30pm; Reply: 24
Doh!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 11, 2018, 5:19pm; Reply: 25
Lincoln have got Frecklington back.
Posted by: RoboCod, January 11, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Lincoln have got Frecklington back.

That's their marquee signing done and dusted...over to BP.....
Posted by: topuphere666, January 12, 2018, 2:17pm; Reply: 27
Lincoln have signed former Sheff Utd centre half James Wilson
Posted by: RichyMills, January 18, 2018, 8:55am; Reply: 28
Brandon Comley just signed for Colchester from QPR

Great signing for them and a player I’d have liked to see back at Town. He was excellent playing with Summerfield in the early part last season (before it all started going wrong)
Posted by: golfer, January 18, 2018, 9:31am; Reply: 29
Overheard Slade and Wilko talking in the pub last night " Eh Tonto when does the Transfer Window open this year"   " "Think it's the end of May guv"  "Can you put it in the diary, and remind in July-must keep on the ball to keep friends with the fans or they'll be shouting for our heads "          
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 25, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 30

Luton Town have reportedly put in a bid of £120,000 for Lincoln midfielder Alex Woodyard.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 25, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 31
Meanwhile we have had our bid of half a crown and a box of kippers turned down for a striker.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2018, 11:13am; Reply: 32
Ricky Miller definitely available.  ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42864417
Posted by: Welwynmariner, January 30, 2018, 11:18am; Reply: 33
Quoted from ginnywings
Ricky Miller definitely available.  ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42864417

Regarding Miller - who wants a local move - I see the Peterborough manager has said ""If he's going to base it on geography and whatever else he's in the wrong industry - if you're going to base moves on geography being a football player, don't play football."

Someone should say that to Jamie Osborne
Posted by: Maringer, January 30, 2018, 11:18am; Reply: 34
So, he's turned down 5 clubs so far? Pretty reasonable chance that one of them is us!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 30, 2018, 12:03pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Maringer
So, he's turned down 5 clubs so far? Pretty reasonable chance that one of them is us!

He was just about to sign but was put off when he saw everyone on Cheapside practicing boomball.
Posted by: A.l.f., January 30, 2018, 7:26pm; Reply: 36
Been told by someone in the media at Peterborough that Ricky Miller is Trouble and we should avoid.  We have Malik Wilks now anyway.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 7:54pm