Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Numanoid, January 3, 2018, 7:20pm
I know the mariners are a bit shite at the moment but... driving around town  ,the bloody town actually LOOKS shite,  its s disgrace with rubbish almost everywhere. .l know its not footy but it doesn't make a good impression on any potential new signings and WE shouldn't have to put up with it !!
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 3, 2018, 7:26pm; Reply: 1

One end of Cambridge Street in Cleethorpes looked like a rubbish tip today, these 2 weekly collections are a disgrace.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 3, 2018, 7:31pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Numanoid
I know the mariners are a bit shite at the moment but... driving around town  ,the bloody town actually LOOKS shite,  its s disgrace with rubbish almost everywhere. .l know its not footy but it doesn't make a good impression on any potential new signings and WE shouldn't have to put up with it !!

Report it to a Councillor. In all seriousness, Manchester Street was like dogshit city last Saturday.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2018, 7:37pm; Reply: 3
I walked to the Doctors today and unfortunately, the overflowing Christmas fuelled re-cyling tubs were being blown all over by hurricane Eleanor, including my own, which took 10 mins to re-pack. Most people had gone to work and left theirs on the front as usual, only for all the contents to be left to the wilds of the wind. Saw a couple of council trucks struggling away with about three times the normal amount of detritus. It's not usually this bad.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 3, 2018, 7:44pm; Reply: 4
Anderson Street, Ripon Street and Lord Street area of the town are a disgrace, litter and household goods (fridges/cookers/carpets) strewn all over the place, Trollies in the Freshney, people just don’t give a toss anymore!
Posted by: chaos33, January 3, 2018, 7:54pm; Reply: 5
And councils don't have the resource to make a proper job of waste management following perpetual cuts to their grant from successive Tory governments. Still, at least austerity has worked. Oh, wait a minute...

Never mind eh - in about 10 years time we'll likely have precious few public services at all - everything will be run by the free market and the town will be a rat infested tip of disposable modern life, whilst self obsessed Facebook wallowing louts run amok.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 3, 2018, 8:05pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Anderson Street, Ripon Street and Lord Street area of the town are a disgrace, litter and household goods (fridges/cookers/carpets) strewn all over the place, Trollies in the Freshney, people just don’t give a toss anymore!

It's not just in GY though. Our area is similar. About 3 times over the last year I've had to report stuff dumped in the street - a fridge, a mattress and now a quilt. flipping scum whoever it is.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 3, 2018, 8:06pm; Reply: 7
Whereas on the streets of affluent London, where the gold pavements are littered with stab victims and the melting flesh remnants of acid attacks....i know what i would rather see.

If NE Lincs council announced a £20 or £30 per household rise in council tax to revert to weekly collections and increased litter patrols half the town would blow a gasket....

Posted by: promotion plaice, January 3, 2018, 8:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Numanoid
I know the mariners are a bit shite at the moment but ... driving around town  ,the bloody town actually LOOKS shite,  its s disgrace with rubbish almost everywhere. .l know its not footy but it doesn't make a good impression on any potential new signings and WE shouldn't have to put up with it !!

Just so this thread doesn't get moved.......yes.. we are playing shite at the moment   :)

Posted by: golfer, January 3, 2018, 8:51pm; Reply: 9
It's not all our shite, a lot of it was what Slade brought in
Posted by: Croxton, January 3, 2018, 9:09pm; Reply: 10
In my city we have had two weekly collections for years with recyclables on alternate weeks. Most cope well but xmas and windy weather has had its impact. Thankfully, our local tip is only a mile away and the staff are helpful.
When visiting mum in law on way to home games I drop her garden rubbish off at Thornton Curtis recycling centre which is clean and well managed. Fine for responsible middle class car owners I guess but harder for folk in less advantaged circumstances.
We all have too much stuff. There are lots of ways and places to legally dispose of unwanted items, often in supermarket carparks. The two weekly thing is manageable for the great majority but some will always struggle, especially with their conscience.
Posted by: gytone, January 3, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 11
Two weekly collections are fine IMHO, as long as we have proper wheelie bins to put the rubbish in, these stupid containers are hardly  big enough for a couple let alone a family, oh and by the way, Town are shite 😔
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 3, 2018, 9:33pm; Reply: 12
You can’t moan,  most of you voted this mob in
Posted by: Zmariner, January 3, 2018, 9:51pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club
Whereas on the streets of affluent London, where the gold pavements are littered with stab victims and the melting flesh remnants of acid attacks....i know what i would rather see.

If NE Lincs council announced a £20 or £30 per household rise in council tax to revert to weekly collections and increased litter patrols half the town would blow a gasket....

It seems to go up by way more than that each year for me and the services reduce, appreciate they always seem strapped but in my dealings I have not been at all impressed with them. Bi weekly collections should work fine for the rest of the year. Double up at Xmas
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 3, 2018, 11:39pm; Reply: 14
Problem is at Christmas and New Year there's much more rubbish and fewer days to collect it on.
Posted by: jock dock tower, January 4, 2018, 7:49am; Reply: 15
Where's Sasha when you really need him?
Posted by: mariner83, January 4, 2018, 8:02am; Reply: 16
Been having fortnightly collections in N Lincs for a while now, manage not to have rubbish blowing all over the place/piles of rubbish in the streets.
Posted by: jaygy, January 4, 2018, 9:07am; Reply: 17
It’s just pure laziness in my opinion. I moved from N.E.Lincs to N.Lincs a few years ago and never found it a problem going from weekly to two weekly collections and must admit it’s made me more aware of what I put in each bin. People put a couple of full bin bags in and think their wheelie bin is full, nothing wrong with getting on your bin and stomping it down to make more room 😂
Posted by: moosey_club, January 4, 2018, 12:53pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from jaygy
It’s just pure laziness in my opinion. I moved from N.E.Lincs to N.Lincs a few years ago and never found it a problem going from weekly to two weekly collections and must admit it’s made me more aware of what I put in each bin. People put a couple of full bin bags in and think their wheelie bin is full, nothing wrong with getting on your bin and stomping it down to make more room 😂

or just tip your rubbish straight into the wheelie bin....bin bags are useful but as you say they waste an awful lot of space in a wheelie bin.
Posted by: Grim74, January 4, 2018, 1:18pm; Reply: 19
There is some garbage on this thread same old hissy fitting Corbynista's! anything to attack the government when we have this minor problem every new year. My only complaint is the design of these excrement little recycling boxes in other area's they get small wheelie bins I'd be surprised if it wasn't a local council decision.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 4, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Grim74
There is some garbage on this thread same old hissy fitting Corbynista's! anything to attack the government when we have this minor problem every new year. My only complaint is the design of these excrement little recycling boxes in other area's they get small wheelie bins I'd be surprised if it wasn't a local council decision.

That is th theme of the thread, but shame on a patriot like you using an American term  ;D
Posted by: scrumble, January 5, 2018, 8:05am; Reply: 21
Stop yer moaning. We've had three week bin collections for the last four years. Its not so bad now the kids have all moved out, but it was hard work getting the non-recycling waste into the bin when we had five adults in the house
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 6, 2018, 12:05am; Reply: 22
Quoted from scrumble
Stop yer moaning. We've had three week bin collections for the last four years. Its not so bad now the kids have all moved out, but it was hard work getting the non-recycling waste into the bin when we had five adults in the house

You'd think that adults are worse at getting them to comply with recycling and energy saving. In my experience the kids are the worst despite getting more 'environmental education'. But then the little fornicators don't pay the bills,
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 6, 2018, 1:36pm; Reply: 23
Just walked past the Freshney earlier today (back of Anderson st) and there is a pool table what’s been chucked in,  :o
Posted by: kamakazebear, January 7, 2018, 11:33am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Grim74

The boxes are a local council decision, there was an article a few weeks ago in the telegraph about how we would be sticking with boxes for the time being. Agree how awful they are, you either have to leave them in the front garden making the place look untidy or get covered in bin water when you carry them round from the back. Useless!
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 8:41am