Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 1, 2018, 3:36pm
Anyone trying to quit smoking this year? I stuck on the patch yesterday.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 1, 2018, 4:01pm; Reply: 1
Good luck BM hope you succeed, smoking nearly killed my mother, she gave up over night due to an angina attack,  she used to smoke 40 a day back in the late 80’s
Posted by: Grim74, January 1, 2018, 9:09pm; Reply: 2
Yeah good luck be strong! smoking killed my mam 7 years ago! (cancer of the oesophagus) I remember after a school (don't smoke campaign) years ago coming home to tell her to please please quit! The surgeon confirmed the cancer was undoubtedly caused through smoking.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 1, 2018, 9:43pm; Reply: 3
I stopped 5 years ago with the aid of an E-Cig. You will feel loads better if you crack it. Good luck.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 2, 2018, 12:41am; Reply: 4
Good luck Bartonian.

Smoking accounted for my old man 11 years ago.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 2, 2018, 11:33pm; Reply: 5
Mrs Abdul read a book by Allen Carr (not that one!(I know it's spelt differently)), finished it, had 1 last homosexual and quit. I was a little bit dubious but 18 months later she's still going strong. Good luck! 💪
Posted by: jungleland, January 4, 2018, 11:56am; Reply: 6
One last puff uh ere Mrs
Posted by: jaygy, January 4, 2018, 3:29pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
Mrs Abdul read a book by Allen Carr (not that one!(I know it's spelt differently)), finished it, had 1 last homosexual and quit. I was a little bit dubious but 18 months later she's still going strong. Good luck! 💪

She wasn’t getting what she needed from a straight guy? 😂

Good luck Bartonian, I quit 5 years ago and could feel myself getting healthier as each day passed. There will be hard days, normally after a few days up to a couple of weeks where you’ll be desperate for a cigarette and will feel very tired but once you get past that without a cigarette you’ll be feeling great!
Posted by: Abdul19, January 4, 2018, 4:31pm; Reply: 8
Bloody filter  ;D
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 4, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 9
Thanks - still hanging in there. Some of the above reasons are why I’m determined to stop. Not looking forward to going on the booze but after 30 years binge drinking might be good to stop that.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 10, 2018, 4:22pm; Reply: 10
I stopped about 40 years ago,

BUT

Still have the odd one on special occasions without getting hooked.

Apart from being better for your health you will save a fortune over the years,

If you can, put the money away for a year then treat yourself to a free holiday
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:04am