Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Ipswin, December 31, 2017, 5:03pm
Nice to see Bennett get the winner for Wolves yesterday in added time in the big game against Bristol City - only came on as a sub due to the sending off
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 31, 2017, 5:08pm; Reply: 1
Well done to the lad he looks comfortable in the championship
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 31, 2017, 5:12pm; Reply: 2
Did we have a sell on, sell on, sell on clause ?😉
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 31, 2017, 5:24pm; Reply: 3
Might be me getting older and thus smaller, but he looks a big unit, strong but comfortable on the ball, saw him on the telly against Sheff Wed and had a right go against one of their players.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 31, 2017, 5:28pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Gaffer58
Might be me getting older and thus smaller, but he looks a big unit, strong but comfortable on the ball, saw him on the telly against Sheff Wed and had a right go against one of their players.

I saw him near the boating lake with his kids in the summer  and I thought he looked bigger
Posted by: Ipswin, December 31, 2017, 5:28pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Well done to the lad he looks comfortable in the championship

Don't know why he was only a sub yesterday as he has been a regular starter but as the team is 10 points clear its obviously a bloody good side. Don't know if he will cut it when they go up to Prem tho' but he will be a bit more experienced than on his first attempt with Norwich.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 31, 2017, 6:26pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Ipswin

Don't know why he was only a sub yesterday as he has been a regular starter but as the team is 10 points clear its obviously a bloody good side. Don't know if he will cut it when they go up to Prem tho' but he will be a bit more experienced than on his first attempt with Norwich.

The wolves team is basically a prem team now in the championship they play good stuff , as for Bennett he did look out of his depth a bit last time and I’d expect he will be only a squad player this time as wolves will buy again in most positions
Posted by: Abdul19, December 31, 2017, 6:27pm; Reply: 7
Not as good as Rob Atkinson though.
Posted by: livosnose, December 31, 2017, 6:40pm; Reply: 8
By all accounts the entire squad are on insane bonuses for promotion. Good on him. I’m sure Suarez still gives him nightmares from last time in the prem....
Posted by: LH, December 31, 2017, 6:40pm; Reply: 9
My memories of him in the PL last time was him getting properly shown up by Luis Suarez in two five goal hammerings.  Although to be fair to Bennett there wasn’t many opposition defenders who didn’t while Suarez was at Liverpool.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 31, 2017, 8:13pm; Reply: 10
Had to wait for his chance at Wolves and, by all accounts, was only left out yesterday to fit the club captain in who then went and got sent off. Good luck to him.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 31, 2017, 9:22pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I saw him near the boating lake with his kids in the summer  and I thought he looked bigger

I remember giving him a man cuddle when we beat Spurs in Wetherspoons in Town, he was proper skinny then, though I suppose he'll only have been about 18. Nice champers all round with Phil Barnes in tow!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 31, 2017, 9:55pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 75

I remember giving him a man cuddle when we beat Spurs in Wetherspoons in Town, he was proper skinny then, though I suppose he'll only have been about 18. Nice champers all round with Phil Barnes in tow!

In town spoons really ..I've never known him venture further than Cleethorpes cricket club
Posted by: mariner91, January 1, 2018, 3:37am; Reply: 13
When we beat Spurs he was 15 and played for Ipswich...
Posted by: Tommy, January 1, 2018, 8:53am; Reply: 14
.....and Phil Barnes was at Sheffield United.

Think the Vicar has got his games muddled.
Posted by: HistonMariner, January 1, 2018, 9:11am; Reply: 15
There was no Wetherspoon in Cleethorpes at that time........
Posted by: gary_elton, January 1, 2018, 11:36am; Reply: 16
The Vicar is getting old.... senility strikes....     ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, January 1, 2018, 11:53am; Reply: 17
I'd guess it was the Morecambe getting to Wemberlee game maybe???
Posted by: LH, January 1, 2018, 11:56am; Reply: 18
I never knew Spoons sold psychedelic champagne.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:18pm