Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2017, 1:18pm; Reply: 5
Get in  ;D ;D
Posted by: TAGG, December 26, 2017, 1:27pm; Reply: 6
Enjoying this playing some good stuff
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 26, 2017, 1:33pm; Reply: 7
Killip on for McKeown

What happened?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 26, 2017, 1:35pm; Reply: 8
I think Macca landed a tad funny when he went up to collect the ball from the Mansfield freekick where Rose was booked
Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2017, 1:38pm; Reply: 9
Killip finally gets his chance...now he needs to take it.....failure and a loanee will be in if Macca is out for a month.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 26, 2017, 1:49pm; Reply: 10
HT 1-0
Posted by: Kris2, December 26, 2017, 1:50pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Meza
Killip finally gets his chance...now he needs to take it.....failure and a loanee will be in if Macca is out for a month.

Lol what the hell is your problem. "He gets only one chance, if he f**ks up then get rid! F**k him!"
Posted by: Hagrid, December 26, 2017, 1:53pm; Reply: 12
What a stupid post meza!!! Good half from town, enjoyed it
Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2017, 1:53pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Kris2

Lol what the hell is your problem. "He gets only one chance, if he f**ks up then get rid! F**k him!"

Eh....calm down.  I never said that.  There your words pal.  
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 26, 2017, 1:54pm; Reply: 14
they will put killip under pressure second half that's for sure with there long looping balls into the box.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 26, 2017, 1:54pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Meza

FFS???
Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2017, 1:56pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Hagrid
What a stupid post meza!!! Good half from town, enjoyed it

Is it 🤔

Im saying.....that players female dog about not playing.  Im saying this is his chance.   If he performs poorly Slade may get a loanee in
  Why is it so facking hard to read then understand the post.  There is no malice in this post.  
Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2017, 1:57pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from HertsGTFC

FFS???

FFS x 100 lmao
Posted by: Kris2, December 26, 2017, 1:57pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Meza

Is it 🤔

Im saying.....that players female dog about not playing.  Im saying this is his chance.   If he performs poorly Slade may get a loanee in
  Why is it so facking hard to read then understand the post.  There is no malice in this post.  

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that he's been bitching about not playing? If you are saying a player told you then name them so they can come here and back it up.
Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2017, 2:03pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Kris2

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that he's been bitching about not playing? If you are saying a player told you then name them so they can come here and back it up.

You are a bit naive if you dont think players female dog.  I dont know if he has but thats not what i was saying.  I was actually hoping he does well but maybe not spoken in so many words.  This is his chance cos if macca wasnt injured do u think he'd get a look in.
Posted by: Kris2, December 26, 2017, 2:05pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Meza

You are a bit naive if you dont think players female dog.  I dont know if he has but thats not what i was saying.  I was actually hoping he does well but maybe not spoken in so many words.  This is his chance cos if macca wasnt injured do u think he'd get a look in.

Which players have bitched to you that they are not playing? Name them. Is it a local lad that you live there and get information from about what's going on behind the scenes? We know how you feel about how Grimsby needs more local lads in the team so you probably backed them up.
Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2017, 2:08pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Kris2

Which players have bitched to you that they are not playing? Name them. Is it a local lad that you live there and get information from about what's going on behind the scenes? We know how you feel about how Grimsby needs more local lads in the team so you probably backed them up.

I think you have the wrong guy.  Too much Xmas beer me thinks lol

Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2017, 2:12pm; Reply: 22
Anyway back to the game.

Have we had many atracks?

And how has Dembele done so far?
Posted by: hheh2, December 26, 2017, 2:16pm; Reply: 23
Should be 2-0?!
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, December 26, 2017, 2:21pm; Reply: 24
I hate 1 - 0 leads. The team plays well and in full control and out of nowhere and against the run of play a hopefull boot into the penalty area isnt cleared and we end up dropping 2 points. Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 26, 2017, 2:27pm; Reply: 25
Vernon is going to be getting on the pitch earlier then normal
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 26, 2017, 2:29pm; Reply: 26
Vernon on for Matt
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 26, 2017, 2:31pm; Reply: 27
This ref is excrement absolutely no other word for it
Posted by: Skrill, December 26, 2017, 2:35pm; Reply: 28
This game is like the War of the Roses
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 26, 2017, 2:36pm; Reply: 29
Hooper on for Jones
Posted by: denni266, December 26, 2017, 2:40pm; Reply: 30
Nice one  not
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 26, 2017, 2:41pm; Reply: 31
1 all fs passed them ball
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 26, 2017, 2:41pm; Reply: 32
Balls
Posted by: Kris2, December 26, 2017, 2:42pm; Reply: 33
lmao throwing away games as usual. Some things never change.
Posted by: hheh2, December 26, 2017, 2:43pm; Reply: 34
damme
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 26, 2017, 2:44pm; Reply: 35
Its the subs. We've gone from pace, skill and strength up front to slow, skilless and weak. We lost all our threat up front and Mansfield a d other teams know this.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 26, 2017, 2:45pm; Reply: 36
Not sure we’re throwing it away they have upped their game
Posted by: Father Christmas, December 26, 2017, 2:45pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Kris2
lmao throwing away games as usual. Some things never change.

Throwing away games as usual? We’ve dropped fewer points from winning positions than any other team.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 26, 2017, 2:47pm; Reply: 38
Great! We need a goal and Matt and Jones have already been subbed - two more great decisions Russ  :(
Posted by: denni266, December 26, 2017, 2:48pm; Reply: 39
Every thing slipping away again
Posted by: Mikoo, December 26, 2017, 2:50pm; Reply: 40
Its the subs. We've gone from pace, skill and strength up front to slow, skilless and weak. We lost all our threat up front and Mansfield a d other teams know this.

We had to make those subs... Jones was making mistakes and Matt was on a yellow...
Posted by: Mikoo, December 26, 2017, 2:50pm; Reply: 41
Denied a blatant pen there, this ref is a girl private
Posted by: Ipswin, December 26, 2017, 2:52pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from denni266
Every thing slipping away again

But sadly not Fenty or Slade

Posted by: Hagrid, December 26, 2017, 2:55pm; Reply: 43
Dont normally blame refs, but he was flipping dire and ruined the game
Posted by: SteffiMariner, December 26, 2017, 2:57pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Ipswin

I'd thought you'd banned yourself?

Posted by: oochiad, December 26, 2017, 3:04pm; Reply: 45
Subs had to happen, if Macca hadn’tbeen injures I’m sure the plan was DJ to also come on. Ref was excrement blatant penicillin at the end, we still fought well when Mansfield upped there game. On to Accy, I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom. UTM
Posted by: oochiad, December 26, 2017, 3:05pm; Reply: 46
Penalty!!
Posted by: Skrill, December 26, 2017, 3:12pm; Reply: 47
2 pts from Nott county, Luton and Mansfield ain't bad. However if other games don't go our way we'll be slowly heading to mid-table. We just need to go on a run again, starting at Accrington
Posted by: mimma, December 26, 2017, 3:18pm; Reply: 48
Matt was taken off because the incompetent ref was going to send him off. Center halves constantly falling over and conning the ref. Matt kept complaining and had been booked. He was also pulling out of challenges frightened of getting a second yellow.
Same old town sitting back in the second half inviting pressure. We had been the better side.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 26, 2017, 3:24pm; Reply: 49
we had chances to win it while it was 1-0 but then they scored think a draw is a fair result need to beat acct on Saturday  
Posted by: denni266, December 26, 2017, 3:31pm; Reply: 50
Play off`s my behind
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 26, 2017, 3:46pm; Reply: 51
Lincoln going for automatic spots
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 26, 2017, 4:01pm; Reply: 52
Subs killed it for us today. Obviously the early substitution limited our options later in the game and the referee forced our hands with Matt who played really well. Those two aside, no other pairing look like scoring!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 26, 2017, 4:03pm; Reply: 53
I'm failing to see any sensible reason to start Woolford or to put Hooper or Vernon on the pitch. Surely Cardwell deserves a chance?
Posted by: Maringer, December 26, 2017, 4:06pm; Reply: 54
Vernon was really poor in his cameo today, but he normally does better at the hold up and linking stuff though with little goal threat. Hooper had a couple of decent touches when he came on today, though not in advanced enough positions. He'd only have been penalised for something or other by the referee if he'd managed to achieve anything.

The fact that Cardwell hasn't had a sniff of an appearance would tend to indicate he's not impressed in training.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 26, 2017, 5:23pm; Reply: 55
we need to clear the dead wood for next summer, Barrett, woolford, Vernon,  and a few others. I really like Clarke and Collins at the back and I think they are really solid for league 2 as well as Davies and mills at the back but I can see us replacing Davies in the summer. need to bolster our bench and keep a good nucleus of the squad just adding quality striker a goalscoring midfielder or 2 which is easier said than done.
Posted by: Tinymariner, December 26, 2017, 5:32pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Ipswin

Predictable response, one of the reasons I limit my time on the fishy.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 26, 2017, 5:37pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I'm failing to see any sensible reason to start Woolford or to put Hooper or Vernon on the pitch. Surely Cardwell deserves a chance?

This is entirely sensible, I mean Vernon is not currently a game changer and it doesn't seem likely that he will get another contract so we might as well start blooding Cardwell for next season.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 26, 2017, 6:42pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Or he could bring on Osborne (J) or Bolarinwa............. Oh no actually he can't as he's sent them out to get game time so that he can get them back fitter and to sit back on the bench no doubt.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 26, 2017, 6:45pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Or he could bring on Osborne (J) or Bolarinwa............. Oh no actually he can't as he's sent them out to get game time so that he can get them back fitter and to sit back on the bench no doubt.

Or Kelly, Berrett, Clifton or even Dave Smith.
Posted by: Croxton, December 26, 2017, 6:58pm; Reply: 60
The fact that RS still has Woolford and Vernon in the matchday squad may indicate that they will survive the January cull.
Sadly, looks like Cardwell has not either fought hard enough or failed to gell with the club in some way because the Cardwell I see in reserve and cup games has good technique. We know about Bolly's awkward style but he would have been better than Woolford!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 26, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Or Kelly, Berrett, Clifton or even Dave Smith.

;)

Though it would have been really negative when we where leading I would have understood if he had brought Berrett on for one of the strikers and put 5 across the middle to see the game out.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 26, 2017, 8:08pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from HertsGTFC

;)

Though it would have been really negative when we where leading I would have understood if he had brought Berrett on for one of the strikers and put 5 across the middle to see the game out.

I agree - I would have kept Jones on and put Berrett & DJ on for Matt & Woolford.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 26, 2017, 10:42pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I fail to see any reason why Woolford should even be on the bench.

Woolford, Hooper and Kelly three of the worst signings we have had in a long time and a complete waste of funds.

JF should take the cost of these players out of Slade's salary.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 26, 2017, 10:58pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from arryarryarry

I fail to see any reason why Woolford should even be on the bench.

Woolford, Hooper and Kelly three of the worst signings we have had in a long time and a complete waste of funds.

JF should take the cost of these players out of Slade's salary.

Speaking of such things they need to get the Dembelle extension done now, as we can't organize a p1ss up in a brewery there is a danger he may disappear for a tribunal pittance come the time.
Posted by: mimma, December 26, 2017, 11:19pm; Reply: 65
They've probably already asked him if he would sign an extension, and his reply is " I'm keeping my options open. "

In other words, why should I sign when I can move to a bigger club who can double or treble my wages. The only way he would sign is if we offer him silly money to match his potential. Doubt we have that kind of money with the size of the squad we have.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 26, 2017, 11:26pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from mimma
They've probably already asked him if he would sign an extension, and his reply is " I'm keeping my options open. "

In other words, why should I sign when I can move to a bigger club who can double or treble my wages. The only way he would sign is if we offer him silly money to match his potential. Doubt we have that kind of money with the size of the squad we have.

I understood that we can trigger an extension as long as we back it up with a salary increase, which in reality means he could still move but we would own his registration and ask for a fee.  
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 2:05pm