Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, December 23, 2017, 11:36am
What a lovely Xmas pressie from bet 365 last night.ive now been restricted to a fiver as I've used and abused it so often, but my wife's boy Did the usual hedging of bets so £ 50 on Liverpool, £50 in play on draw and hedged Arsenal elsewhere. £30 profit guaranteed. Liverpool go 2 up and bet 365 have this lovely policy of paying out if your bet is 2 goals up, so Hes got his profit already.sod me, ten minutes later and it's all square. Come the end of the match and they pay out on the draw as well. Total profit- £170. Drinks all round! It must've cost them thousands
Posted by: cannylad68, December 23, 2017, 11:41am; Reply: 1
I'm in the same boat with Bet365 and many other bookies.
They put up these offers, but don't like it when you do them.
Perhaps Rob can come up with a solution.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 23, 2017, 1:45pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from cannylad68

The solution is to become addicted, lose more than you win and then they will keep your acount open and up your limits with no problem whatsover.

Posted by: Abdul19, December 23, 2017, 2:43pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from cannylad68

Find friends with no interest in gambling. Give them a couple of hundred quid and everyone's a winner.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 23, 2017, 11:30pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from cannylad68

I ignore the offers. Don't want my accounts suspended.

But if you are going to do them, just put the full £50 on the thing you think is the best bet, then do the same with your free bet. Your are bound to win on average, but you have to be prepared to lose the £50 some of the time.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 24, 2017, 12:28am; Reply: 5

Not saying I haven't had the odd bet in the past to make a game on the telly more interesting

Muggs game at the end though.
There is only one winner.
Posted by: psgmariner, December 24, 2017, 9:10am; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

The solution is to become addicted, lose more than you win and then they will keep your acount open and up your limits with no problem whatsover.

This works for me.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 24, 2017, 10:31am; Reply: 7
Quoted from psgmariner

This works for me.

:-/

Did you get any more Winter Ale in the shop ?
Posted by: Abdul19, December 24, 2017, 11:19am; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

Not saying I haven't had the odd bet in the past to make a game on the telly more interesting

Muggs game at the end though.
There is only one winner.

Not necessarily. If you can find an edge and keep your discipline you can take money off them*

*I say them, I suppose you're taking it off some poor sod who's stuck a fortune into some fixed odds machine.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 24, 2017, 4:43pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Abdul19

Not necessarily. If you can find an edge and keep your discipline you can take money off them*

*I say them, I suppose you're taking it off some poor sod who's stuck a fortune into some fixed odds machine.

About 2% of gamblers win in the long term, although a lot of traditional bookies will close or limit your accounts if you do show signs of profitability.
Posted by: paulgtfc, December 24, 2017, 8:19pm; Reply: 10
There is a massive amount of betting info on the internet, that can be accessed free of charge.  I only bet small so bookies won't worry about me but the exchanges won't close/limit ya account.

My biggest tip - pre match betting is old hat.  Use the exchanges to bet in play to get better odds - if an early goal means you miss an opportunity, so what.

I've come across some good strategies - lay the draw (lay at HT or just after to limit any loss) and laying underdog if they take the lead (any sport) so as to get better on the favourite. Often the underdog fails to win.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 9:48pm