Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 15, 2017, 7:32pm
Leave the EU immediately

Fed up with being sold down the river by 13 remainer cabinet ministers going for the softest Brexit, £40 billion for what?

Sign for FREEDOM

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 15, 2017, 9:04pm; Reply: 1
Grow up.
Posted by: Maringer, December 15, 2017, 9:09pm; Reply: 2
Oh for heaven's sake. Engage your brain, please.

The hardest of hard brexits as wanted by people such as yourself who really haven't thought about the consequences, would cost our economy tens of billions a year in perpetuity. If we're going to leave, we've got to pay up our obligations from previous treaties/agreements etc. and get a clean break at the very least. Short term outlay for longer term gain. Well, not a gain, but a much smaller loss.

If we say screw you to them they'll say screw you back and we stand to lose much, much more than them at the end of the day. And every day thereafter.

For example, there is absolutely no hope whatsoever of us being able to develop and implement a system dealing with the sheer volumes of shipments crossing the channel each day in the time period available. A hard brexit with no transition period would turn Kent into a car park. We'll somehow need to magic up hundreds of thousands of trained customs officers from nowhere to keep the current levels of traffic going. Not going to happen.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 15, 2017, 9:38pm; Reply: 3
I voted leave, but we do need to meet our obligations, the EU effectively can hold us to ransom. But we have our own aces, I'm not happy the PM is delivering a particularly good deal for us. I think she is weak, she isn't a particularly good speaker and she does not instill confidence. The UK is a huge world economy, we do need to pay the 'bribe', but only if the deal is right.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 16, 2017, 12:16am; Reply: 4
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Grow up.

Stop remoaning.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 16, 2017, 12:28am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Maringer
Oh for heaven's sake. Engage your brain, please.

The hardest of hard brexits as wanted by people such as yourself who really haven't thought about the consequences, would cost our economy tens of billions a year in perpetuity. If we're going to leave, we've got to pay up our obligations from previous treaties/agreements etc. and get a clean break at the very least. Short term outlay for longer term gain. Well, not a gain, but a much smaller loss.

If we say screw you to them they'll say screw you back and we stand to lose much, much more than them at the end of the day. And every day thereafter.

For example, there is absolutely no hope whatsoever of us being able to develop and implement a system dealing with the sheer volumes of shipments crossing the channel each day in the time period available. A hard brexit with no transition period would turn Kent into a car park. We'll somehow need to magic up hundreds of thousands of trained customs officers from nowhere to keep the current levels of traffic going. Not going to happen.

The rights we have are only lent to MP's they work for us but somewhere along the line our consent wasn't asked for and our rights were taken away. We never consented to a foreign power to rule us, to make our laws and regulations, and anyone who doesn't want democracy should go and live in one of the 27 EU countries. The citizens of the UK never consented to a political Union with EU it's about time it was put right. You call me saying I haven't considered the consequences but neither have you for the consequences to come if we did stay. How do we lose much more than them we import from them at a massive deficit, they will lose billions, cars, wine, chocolates, leather

Hundreds of thousands of trained customs officers, wow, just wow, what page of the scare mongering remain at any cost is that on. We according to article 50 don't owe a bean on exit. However I can be reasonable, the EU can get their £40 billion if there is no ECJ over us and we can make our own trade deals. Even Dyson said walk away and I would rather listen to someone like him than a couple of remoaners on the fishy.

How did we cope at all before the EU, without all those regulations and billions of pounds we have pumped into it.
Posted by: Maringer, December 16, 2017, 9:34am; Reply: 6
And, breathe.

Unfortunately, you're taking the typical brexiteer viewpoint in seeing incredibly complex problems as either irrelevant or easy to solve. Unfortunately, David Davis takes a similar view which is a real problem considering his important role in the negotiations.

As usual, when responding to my points, you've instead gone on a rant about themes which bear no relation to what is being discussed.

I'm taking about the customs union, you're ranting about the ECJ and closer integration.

A hard brexit would mean an immediate and unceremonial departure from the customs union. Something which we are simply not prepared for. In fact, even with a soft brexit, we would need a multiple-year implementation period to develop and design the software and systems for the new reality as well as employing and training many tens of thousands new customs officers. How else could we possibly deal with the tens of thousands of containers which pass between the UK and the EU each day? They are currently just waved through because of the customs union. In the future they will all need to processed with a large proportion checked.

If you've got an alternative solution to this issue, please share it with us. I mean, you must have because why else would you want an immediate hard brexit? I'm sure you have thought about it in great detail.

At the same time, please share with us how you would deal with the sudden implementation of a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic without causing serious political problems and risking the Good Friday agreement? How much will that cost to police each year, I wonder?
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 16, 2017, 12:00pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer
And, breathe.

Unfortunately, you're taking the typical brexiteer viewpoint in seeing incredibly complex problems as either irrelevant or easy to solve. Unfortunately, David Davis takes a similar view which is a real problem considering his important role in the negotiations.

As usual, when responding to my points, you've instead gone on a rant about themes which bear no relation to what is being discussed.

I'm taking about the customs union, you're ranting about the ECJ and closer integration.

A hard brexit would mean an immediate and unceremonial departure from the customs union. Something which we are simply not prepared for. In fact, even with a soft brexit, we would need a multiple-year implementation period to develop and design the software and systems for the new reality as well as employing and training many tens of thousands new customs officers. How else could we possibly deal with the tens of thousands of containers which pass between the UK and the EU each day? They are currently just waved through because of the customs union. In the future they will all need to processed with a large proportion checked.

If you've got an alternative solution to this issue, please share it with us. I mean, you must have because why else would you want an immediate hard brexit? I'm sure you have thought about it in great detail.

At the same time, please share with us how you would deal with the sudden implementation of a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic without causing serious political problems and risking the Good Friday agreement? How much will that cost to police each year, I wonder?

Typical remainer thinking, what do we currently do with all the goods that come from outside the EU, Obviously it will take time and money to solve the customs issue but it can be done a lot quicker than you are making out. Already you have gone from hundreds of thousands of customs officers to tens of thousands, in reality the number will be under 10,000 custom officers.  The software is already in place to deal with custom issues from outside the EU, it will just need expanding. We have giant x-ray machines that vehicles can pass through, the X-rays can filter different material type due to density, I know this because I have worked on baggage scanners at the airport, it's the same principle but on a larger scale.

I was in Cyprus before they joined the EU and sent a car from Cyprus to the UK and then a few years later sent a car from UK back to Cyprus all through the customs paperwork, it was very straight forward and yes there were costs but I managed that without much difficulty. I've sent items from outside the EU back to the UK and apart from a bit of waiting time I got the items after they were cleared by customs. Again, you put down your own country as if it doesn't have the ability to do what is necessary and fear mongering that nothing will pass through customs for months. Companies will plan in extra time, just like they did before.

If there needs to be a hard brexit that is on the EU for making the deal a crap enough deal to say no to, with £40 billion deal for what, it is estimated our obligations if we wanted to honour them was around £20 billion, whats the other £20 billion for, I'll tell you, it should be for the EU to make it a sweet deal. The Irish will just have to suck it up if there is a hard border, they voted to leave the EU but were conned in to voting again, maybe they should vote to leave if there is a no deal with the UK. Problem solved because we can make an independent arrangement with a sovereign state, theres already talk of the Irish wanting a vote to leave by one of the Irish MEPs. We are a sovereign power, if there needs to be a hard border then there will be one, maybe the Irish should be putting more pressure on the EU or is it that more likely true that the Irish are insignificant to the Commission unless they are using them as an excuse to guilt trip us into giving the EU what it wants. The ball is in the EU's court, we have done more than enough gifting them £40 billion, lets see how sincere they really are.
Posted by: Maringer, December 16, 2017, 7:26pm; Reply: 8
Two quick points, as I'm in the bath on my phone and heading out soon.

Firstly, good luck with x-raying cargo containers. Hint: THEY ARE MADE OF METAL. Now, what substance is it that xrays don't pass through again? You've not been advising Davis have you - sounds like the stupid sort of idea he might have.

Secondly, Northern Ireland voted remain. By a 12 point margin, no less. This is what the Good Friday agreement rests on. Funny how you went straight to 'screw the' Republic instead of considering what those in that part of the UK want. Are you sure you haven't been 'advising' Davis? Oh well, the Northern Irish will be better off as part of a unified Ireland in any case so that's where we'll be heading.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 17, 2017, 4:52pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Maringer
Two quick points, as I'm in the bath on my phone and heading out soon.

Firstly, good luck with x-raying cargo containers. Hint: THEY ARE MADE OF METAL. Now, what substance is it that xrays don't pass through again? You've not been advising Davis have you - sounds like the stupid sort of idea he might have.

Secondly, Northern Ireland voted remain. By a 12 point margin, no less. This is what the Good Friday agreement rests on. Funny how you went straight to 'screw the' Republic instead of considering what those in that part of the UK want. Are you sure you haven't been 'advising' Davis? Oh well, the Northern Irish will be better off as part of a unified Ireland in any case so that's where we'll be heading.

I thought you knew everything, gamma radiation is the most penetrating. Gamma radiation can only be stopped by many centimetres of lead or many metres of concrete depending on the strength of the gamma rays. On the x-ray scanner the beam is focused into a narrow beam through a collimator. The sensors for the images being placed in specific areas where it is picked up with the gamma beam. see below for a more detailed explanation. The only hold up would be if the x-ray signal generator broke down, to prove it, there are quite a few complicated tests to do on mother boards and to replace an x-ray signal generator isn't quick or easy either, the x-ray generator has to align with the collimator exactly or the picture quality is poor, so minute movements have to be checked on the display. Even on luggage scanners people have metal suit cases, and the metal on iso containers isn't as thick as some people think. Again think back to nuclear bunkers they are not just designed to withstand a Nuclear blast, they are under meters of earth and concrete to stop gamma rays.

Again you are mistaken, there will never be a unified Ireland because of sectarianism, the loyalists will never accept that and a large portion of Catholics don't want it either. Look at how the DUP acted over a customs barrier with the mainland. they didn't give the south a second thought, it was, you're not cutting us off.

You can't explain in detail what the £20 billion is for let alone the £40 billion. What are your thoughts on an EU tax on every citizen, funny how they were looking at taking some of this tax from the financial markets.

http://www.hitachi.com/rev/pdf/2004/r2004_02_106.pdf
Posted by: Grim74, December 17, 2017, 8:26pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Marinerz93

I thought you knew everything.

He thinks the Guardian knows everything he then just parrots it.
Posted by: Maringer, December 18, 2017, 2:54pm; Reply: 11
Oops. Well, that will teach me to make a post on my phone in the bath. I'd certainly have checked my sources if I'd been on a computer. I just assumed that the amount of radiation required for x-ray scanning would be too much without knowing that gamma-ray scanners were safe to scan containers. Wrong about that one.

Regardless, my original point about the impossibility of an immediate hard brexit due to problems with customs still stands.

A new system (CDS) is being developed to deal with the five-fold increase in declarations which will occur but the chances of the new computer systems being ready even by January 2019 are unlikely. An immediate hard brexit would require them to be in place instantaneously which is obviously impossible. Hence my comments about the number of new customs officers who would suddenly be needed (and it's impossible to suddenly have large numbers of trained officers).

The Treasury Select Committee rated the progress of the CDS project as Amber/Red at the start of the year meaning that there were serious concerns it wouldn't be completed by January 2019:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/31/confidence_in_70m_customs_declaration_service_has_collapsed_says_treasury_committee/

The National Audit Office was slightly more hopeful in July:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/07/13/customs_union/

The Public Accounts Committee wasn't convinced last month:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41983089

Bearing in mind government's track record with implementing large and complex IT projects, let's just say I tend to think that the concerns about the system not being available by January 2019 are probably pretty understandable.

However, we're not talking about departure from the EU in 2019, are we? Therefore, you'll simply have to agree that an immediate departure from the EU of the sort you're advocating would lead to huge delays at customs due to the five-fold increase in declarations long before the possibility of any automated system capable of dealing with them.

If chaos could be caused by the CDS system being completed a month or two later than planned, just imagine what will occur if it is suddenly needed well over a year before it was planned? It's why the petition calling for an immediate departure from the EU is laughably flipping stupid.

As for Northern Ireland, I'm not talking about them immediately wanting re-unification with the Republic. I'd imagine a few years of things getting progressively shitter following Brexit might even sway some of the most ardent sectarians, however, especially if the Republic itself is doing much better. The difficulties caused by a hard border would be very severe, however. Plenty of people will work on the other side of the border to where they live which would be a gigantic pain in the backside.

Obvious way out would be a soft border within Ireland, but this would mean a hard border with the rest of the UK which the DUP wouldn't like very much. And Scotland and Wales wouldn't be very happy with NI having a soft border, either. Regardless, it's a problem without any clear solution other than staying in the customs union. You'd think that people who had been campaigning to leave the EU for many year would have given this some sort of serious thought and would have some well thought out solution ready, but apparently not.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 18, 2017, 5:07pm; Reply: 12
Just think Maringer with £40 billion you could achieve anything, to give away £40 billion for nothing in return is what I call flipping ridiculous.

Your scaremongering isn't what gets under my skin, it's the lack of belief that you live in a great country that is capable of anything when it sets it's mind to it. The way you and other remainers think, I'm glad you weren't around during WWI & WWII, also the NHS would never have been formed if you are your like were around.

Your argument for loyalist to chuck their lot in with republicans is the most laughable thing I've heard since hundreds and thousands of customs officers would be needed. The Republic didn't want to join the UK again after we bailed them out did they, so why would it be the other way round.

So we have gone from not being able to hire and train hundreds and thousands of customs officers to
you can't scan iso containers because they're metal, to the computer system isn't man enough to handle it. A lot of training these days is done on the job, so expect customs officers to double up, with trainees being mentored on the job. So many weeks in the classroom then out in the field so on and so forth. I see it as a great opportunity for thousands of people with degrees that can't find work.

The EU is the one that forced the border issue to use as leverage over the UK, bottom line is when we are an independent country who can make our own laws and regulations, we can do what the intercourse we like and cry babies like you that pick fault in everything won't stop that. The biggest problem for Brexit is the remainers in the cabinet and May a reknowned remainer. You think that the EU cares about Britian, tell me again what deal Cameron got when he went on his plight, that's right sweet FA, The EU just sees the UK as cash cows to be milked dry, it seems some still liked to be milked.

I see you avoided the EU tax on citizens question or targeting finance industry to raise money for their federal dreams. Still the EU Army will never happen will it, and if it did it wouldn't fall under German control ;D
Posted by: Maringer, December 18, 2017, 5:23pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Marinerz93

So we have gone from not being able to hire and train hundreds and thousands of customs officers to
you can't scan iso containers because they're metal, to the computer system isn't man enough to handle it. A lot of training these days is done on the job, so expect customs officers to double up, with trainees being mentored on the job. So many weeks in the classroom then out in the field so on and so forth. I see it as a great opportunity for thousands of people with degrees that can't find work.

Stop talking gibberish.

The current system isn't capable of dealing with a five-fold increase in customs declarations and the immediate hard brexit of the sort you are espousing would lead to catastrophic gridlock due to the immediate buildup of containers/lorries which couldn't possibly be processed through ports quickly enough. It doesn't matter if the containers are scanned or waved through. The system cannot deal with the simple number of declarations which would have to be processed. This is a fact. Call it reality if you can imagine such a thing. The EU certainly will not accept containers coming from the UK without a customs declaration if we leave the customs union unless we have a prior agreement. Something which obviously wouldn't occur if we unilaterally said we were off immediately.

Here's what the Chief Executive of HMRC has had to say on the matter (and this is assuming brexit in 2019):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/14/hmrc-chief-warns-post-brexit-border-and-tax-checks-could-cost-up-to-800m

Five to seven year implementation period, 3,000 to 5,000 new customs officers, £500m to £800m cost of developing a system. How does that square with your theory that we can just leave if we want and no problems would be caused? A substantive response, please, not just hand-waving about how it will all be OK in the end.

As for the rest of your previous post, I've not ignored anything, I've just not had the time to even look. If I get chance tonight I'll respond though it's clearly a fool's errand.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 18, 2017, 7:06pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Maringer

Stop talking gibberish.

The current system isn't capable of dealing with a five-fold increase in customs declarations and the immediate hard brexit of the sort you are espousing would lead to catastrophic gridlock due to the immediate buildup of containers/lorries which couldn't possibly be processed through ports quickly enough. It doesn't matter if the containers are scanned or waved through. The system cannot deal with the simple number of declarations which would have to be processed. This is a fact. Call it reality if you can imagine such a thing. The EU certainly will not accept containers coming from the UK without a customs declaration if we leave the customs union unless we have a prior agreement. Something which obviously wouldn't occur if we unilaterally said we were off immediately.

Here's what the Chief Executive of HMRC has had to say on the matter (and this is assuming brexit in 2019):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/14/hmrc-chief-warns-post-brexit-border-and-tax-checks-could-cost-up-to-800m

Five to seven year implementation period, 3,000 to 5,000 new customs officers, £500m to £800m cost of developing a system. How does that square with your theory that we can just leave if we want and no problems would be caused? A substantive response, please, not just hand-waving about how it will all be OK in the end.

As for the rest of your previous post, I've not ignored anything, I've just not had the time to even look. If I get chance tonight I'll respond though it's clearly a fool's errand.

Giberish is hundreds of thousands of customs officers and not being able to scan iso containers, when you read the report and it says 3,000 to 5,000, just like I said in a previous post it would be under 10,000. We already deal with outside containers into the UK, do you know how many, and do you know how long they take to process, saving £40 billion will help pay towards anything we need to do. For all the project fear mongering we've not seen anything claimed coming true have we, I guess we'll be adding catastrophic gridlock to the list of things that won't happen. I guess this is one of the problems with people who hate the UK and are sad remoaners, too much crying and scaremongering, changing their tune as often as the wind changes, rather than getting behind their country over a dictatorship who screws the UK over for everything it can get.

Hows that EU Army you said would never happen shaping up?

How do you feel that EU is going to have it's own Embassy's replacing member states embassy's in other countries?

How much is the EU museum costing tax payers and will you visit it?

How many bureaucrats are earning more than the Prime Minster, and what are they earning?
Posted by: Maringer, December 18, 2017, 11:08pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Marinerz93

Giberish is hundreds of thousands of customs officers and not being able to scan iso containers, when you read the report and it says 3,000 to 5,000, just like I said in a previous post it would be under 10,000. We already deal with outside containers into the UK, do you know how many, and do you know how long they take to process, saving £40 billion will help pay towards anything we need to do. For all the project fear mongering we've not seen anything claimed coming true have we, I guess we'll be adding catastrophic gridlock to the list of things that won't happen. I guess this is one of the problems with people who hate the UK and are sad remoaners, too much crying and scaremongering, changing their tune as often as the wind changes, rather than getting behind their country over a dictatorship who screws the UK over for everything it can get.

Right, let's get back to this again as you apparently being deliberately obtuse in this particular thread. Maybe because you realise how foolish an immediate departure from the EU would be in reality.

You are suggesting we leave the EU immediately - you're the one that linked the comical petition in the first post of this thread. You want to leave the EU now, this instant (that'll show 'em, eh?). You'd leave tomorrow, if not sooner. Yesterday, if possible.

On the other hand, I've just linked to evidence given by the Chief Exec of HMRC the other month that they have a 'crude estimate' that we'll need 3,000 to 5,000 new customs officers come March 2019 - this on the proviso that the CDS system is working correctly at that point (which must be considered doubtful when you consider the record of large IT projects in government). It also goes unsaid that any departure from the customs union will require lots of liaison and agreements between HMRC and the customs departments in the EU countries. This is all implicit in the HMRC viewpoint on how things will develop and their estimates of expense, time scales, staffing requirements etc.

You, on the other hand, want to leave the EU immediately and on the worst terms imaginable so that there will be no liaison or agreement, nor much in the way of scope for any. Why aren't you apparently able to understand the catastrophic difficulties this will cause? The current customs system can cope with 60 million automated transactions which take place within a highly integrated customs union which has been developed over the course of decades. Why do you think we will suddenly be able to cope with a 5-fold increase in the number of transactions with no additional staff, resources, technology or goodwill from those on the other side of the channel? It would be gridlock pretty much immediately and I'm amazed you're trying to argue the opposite. Let's not forget that we get a third of our food from the EU which makes this extremely important - you don't urine around with your food supply without some sort of contingency plan unless you're a flipping idiot.

Now, I've no time to comment on any EU museum (why would I?), couldn't give a toss how many EU bureacrats earn more than the Prime Minister (because it's not relevant - over 300 people running publicly-funded bodies in the UK earn more than the PM, for instance), still don't need to point out that we could have vetoed any EU army if we'd remained members (and why the sudden paranoia about German control of this non-existent army? That's a new one from you). The topic we're talking about here is leaving the customs union, not whataboutery.

Explain to me why the points above aren't relevant. Please provide evidence as to how we will immediately deal with a fivefold increase in declarations without any systems, resources or staff available to deal with them. Don't forget that the EU won't owe us any favours if we flounce off immediately and we will undoubtedly face plenty of sanctions, implied or otherwise. No goodwill on hand from our European neighbours either.

Give me a logical explanation as to how these issues could be overcome immediately, from tomorrow if necessary. You're the one who thinks we should flounce off instantly - explain the rest of your plan on just this one relatively simple topic.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 19, 2017, 1:40am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Maringer

Right, let's get back to this again as you apparently being deliberately obtuse in this particular thread. Maybe because you realise how foolish an immediate departure from the EU would be in reality.

You are suggesting we leave the EU immediately - you're the one that linked the comical petition in the first post of this thread. You want to leave the EU now, this instant (that'll show 'em, eh?). You'd leave tomorrow, if not sooner. Yesterday, if possible.

On the other hand, I've just linked to evidence given by the Chief Exec of HMRC the other month that they have a 'crude estimate' that we'll need 3,000 to 5,000 new customs officers come March 2019 - this on the proviso that the CDS system is working correctly at that point (which must be considered doubtful when you consider the record of large IT projects in government). It also goes unsaid that any departure from the customs union will require lots of liaison and agreements between HMRC and the customs departments in the EU countries. This is all implicit in the HMRC viewpoint on how things will develop and their estimates of expense, time scales, staffing requirements etc.

You, on the other hand, want to leave the EU immediately and on the worst terms imaginable so that there will be no liaison or agreement, nor much in the way of scope for any. Why aren't you apparently able to understand the catastrophic difficulties this will cause? The current customs system can cope with 60 million automated transactions which take place within a highly integrated customs union which has been developed over the course of decades. Why do you think we will suddenly be able to cope with a 5-fold increase in the number of transactions with no additional staff, resources, technology or goodwill from those on the other side of the channel? It would be gridlock pretty much immediately and I'm amazed you're trying to argue the opposite. Let's not forget that we get a third of our food from the EU which makes this extremely important - you don't urine around with your food supply without some sort of contingency plan unless you're a flipping idiot.

Now, I've no time to comment on any EU museum (why would I?), couldn't give a toss how many EU bureacrats earn more than the Prime Minister (because it's not relevant - over 300 people running publicly-funded bodies in the UK earn more than the PM, for instance), still don't need to point out that we could have vetoed any EU army if we'd remained members (and why the sudden paranoia about German control of this non-existent army? That's a new one from you). The topic we're talking about here is leaving the customs union, not whataboutery.

Explain to me why the points above aren't relevant. Please provide evidence as to how we will immediately deal with a fivefold increase in declarations without any systems, resources or staff available to deal with them. Don't forget that the EU won't owe us any favours if we flounce off immediately and we will undoubtedly face plenty of sanctions, implied or otherwise. No goodwill on hand from our European neighbours either.

Give me a logical explanation as to how these issues could be overcome immediately, from tomorrow if necessary. You're the one who thinks we should flounce off instantly - explain the rest of your plan on just this one relatively simple topic.

Theres never been any goodwill from the EU towards the UK, CFP and CAP and Camerons little plea prove this, so you can shove the EU where the sun doesn't shine if you are trying to pass off the EU as caring or able to do fair deals. They just want our money, the EU is a gold digging whore with no shame. As for food, if we didn't have to comply with EU's food regulations instead of the mountains of waste we have because the cucumber isn't bent as per EU regulation or carrots not orange enough and we could fish our own waters catching our fish, then we'd be pretty much self sufficient wouldn't we.

How is it the worst terms possible, we would just go to WTO, we wouldn't be footing a £40 billion give away as for customs there will be plenty of money in place to hire and train people and we have systems already in place for goods external to the EU, sorted to go, again more scaremongering, as an independent nation we can buy food elsewhere, the HMRC will have time to set up and be ready for when we become independent, there won't be an immediate Brexit due to all the cry baby remainers in the cabinet and UK as a whole so don't wet your knickers as much as I would like it to happen it won't. No doubt at first if there was an immediate Brexit there will be some disruption but wake up from your EU wet dream, when the UK needs to do something it acts
and does it, So far from you it's all doom and gloom but when you get down to the finer details it all seems to be a bit of a non story, facts are the economy hasn't dropped off a cliff, 80% of europeans haven't left, we don't need hundreds and thousands of customs officers and gamma rays do penetrate iso containers. also it's in the interests of the customs officials to portray a tough time to ensure they get adequate funding and time to prepare, a bit of common sense really and not as scary as you are trying to make it out to be but you've got form for that, blowing everything out of proportion, very chicken little, the sky's going to fall in.

[youtube]Ka8rOG3SKXA[/youtube]

Customs and excise can fast track cargo if they need to and like I said before companies will plan for delays at customs so it won't be the catastrophic fear mongering page 40 of lets blow everything out of proportion to add drama to leaving the best thing ever the glorious EU.

You won't answer the other points I have highlighted because you are either ignorant or being discourteous and don't want the EU exposed for what it is doing and how much it is all costing, you've completely avoided the EU tax that they want to bring in so they can fund all these ambitions of theirs, maybe you need a bit more time in the bath to fully understand the EU because there are so many points you don't understand.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 19, 2017, 5:01pm; Reply: 17
Just a side note on the customs officers training, a hard brexit will effect Germany and France more than us because customs is a two way thing, it takes 3 years to train a German customs officer and 2 years in France. I see you just concentrated on the UK for hysteria and fear mongering purposes.

It's been said that any queuing will be the other side of the channel with,

Day 1 the queue at Calais will be 10 miles.
Day 2 it will probably have grown to 20 miles.
Day 3 the queue will be 27 miles.
Day 4 the queue will be 35 miles.

So what will happen is anything that is perishable will be prioritized into one queue the rest the other. This will have a knock on effect of the profits of EU companies, who will jump up and down at the commission to sort it out. Also we could fast track other imports external to the EU over the EU, sit back and puts hands together, perfect.
Posted by: barralad, December 20, 2017, 11:38am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Marinerz93
Just a side note on the customs officers training, a hard brexit will effect Germany and France more than us because customs is a two way thing, it takes 3 years to train a German customs officer and 2 years in France. I see you just concentrated on the UK for hysteria and fear mongering purposes.

It's been said that any queuing will be the other side of the channel with,

Day 1 the queue at Calais will be 10 miles.
Day 2 it will probably have grown to 20 miles.
Day 3 the queue will be 27 miles.
Day 4 the queue will be 35 miles.

So what will happen is anything that is perishable will be prioritized into one queue the rest the other. This will have a knock on effect of the profits of EU companies, who will jump up and down at the commission to sort it out. Also we could fast track other imports external to the EU over the EU, sit back and puts hands together, perfect.

At the risk of extending the life of this mammary for tat thread what evidence is there that the queue will be in Calais (or anywhere in Europe come to that).?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 20, 2017, 12:13pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from barralad

At the risk of extending the life of this mammary for tat thread what evidence is there that the queue will be in Calais (or anywhere in Europe come to that).?

Queing is a very British thing pretty sure the rest of Europe will just stampede their way through in any old fashion.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 20, 2017, 4:11pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from barralad

At the point of transport, so it will have to clear EU customs before it hits the UK shores and customs. So if you are posting something that incurs customs it will be held in a bonded site until it clears, we had to do this when sending equipment by air or by sea to countries outside the EU.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:44am