Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 12, 2017, 4:21pm
I'm due to upgrade my phone next month and have been looking online at the Samsung S8.

I can get a decent deal with a free handset that's within my budget, but if if click on "Upgrade" the price is £10 more a month.

I don't really want to change my number, so is there anyway I can buy the deal that I have seen and keep my same number, rather that buying the Upgrade which is exactly the same deal but a tenner more a month?

I'm not really that phone savvy, so an idiots explanation if I can do this would be helpful.

Cheers.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 12, 2017, 4:44pm; Reply: 1
what phone have you got and how much for, I've got a s7 but will be keeping it as you can get a contract aim instead, you keep your phone number and the phone and just have the contract on the sim you can get some really good deals at 20 pound a month or less.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 12, 2017, 5:16pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
what phone have you got and how much for, I've got a s7 but will be keeping it as you can get a contract aim instead, you keep your phone number and the phone and just have the contract on the sim you can get some really good deals at 20 pound a month or less.

I've got the S6 at the minute. I was thinking of doing something similar as I quite like it and would maybe just be upgrading for the sake of it. My contract is up next month, will EE (my network) carry on charging me the same amount or will I need to get in touch with them?
Posted by: Brazilnut, December 12, 2017, 5:25pm; Reply: 3
Contact EE as your monthly bill might go up as they put you on standard tariff .....well they did me anyway.......while your talking mention the deal you have seen but cant get on upgrade and if they dont come down just tell them you will go else where........you can take your number from EE  Virgin to O3 to vodafone etc .....it is not too painful too and your "new  provider" will do all the work , all you need to do is provide a PUK? number and they will tell you were to find it
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 12, 2017, 5:33pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Les Brechin

I've got the S6 at the minute. I was thinking of doing something similar as I quite like it and would maybe just be upgrading for the sake of it. My contract is up next month, will EE (my network) carry on charging me the same amount or will I need to get in touch with them?

I'd keep the s6 mate I think there good phones, id recommend u go into the shop when your free or ring ee they will likely change it now as you can upgrade or change tour tariffs a month early. state you don't want an upgrade that your looking at keeping your phone and just want a contract sim, it will be cheaper than what your paying now and u ussally get more internet calls txts as well. utm
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 12, 2017, 5:34pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

I'd keep the s6 mate I think there good phones, id recommend u go into the shop when your free or ring ee they will likely change it now as you can upgrade or change tour tariffs a month early. state you don't want an upgrade that your looking at keeping your phone and just want a contract sun, it will be cheaper than what your paying now and u ussally get more internet calls txts as well. utm

I'll probably do that. Thanks.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 13, 2017, 11:24am; Reply: 6
Find out how much data etc you use - chances are they'll try and flog you a 20gb sim for £20 or whatever; whilst that might be a 'good deal', if you only use 1gb chances are you'll be able to get a deal for less than a tenner.
Posted by: Maringer, December 13, 2017, 1:29pm; Reply: 7
The alternative is getting a Plusnet SIM and getting your number ported across. Plusnet are owned by BT (who also own EE) so uses the same network and they do some really good value 30 day rolling contracts.

Alternatively, look for a BT SIM deal (probably a 12 month contract would be the best deal) and get your number ported across to that. I think I'm correct in saying that you wouldn't need to bother getting your phone unlocked (if it is locked in the first place!) if you're using either Plusnet or BT as they use the same network. If you do need it unlocked, EE should be able to give you the code as your contract is paid up.

Either way, if you go with Plusnet or BT, make sure you order through a cashback site such as Topcashback. You'll then get a good chunk of money back in the near future.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 8:45am