Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lukeo, December 12, 2017, 6:30am
Realistically what are you expecting from the next four games? For me a minimum of 6 points. Although I think we'll get 7.
Notts County away Win
Luton away lose
Mansfield home draw
Stanley home win.

I quickly did the promo calculator and it had us finishing 8th, 3 points off 7th spot!
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, December 12, 2017, 7:34am; Reply: 1
I’d take 7 right now! Let’s take each game at a time. Notts away first and for us to go and grab a win will mean doing something no team has done at Meadow Lane in the league this season!!
Posted by: Abdul19, December 12, 2017, 8:44am; Reply: 2
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 12, 2017, 9:04am; Reply: 3

5 for me........7 would be a result in my opinion.

Draw at County, loss at Luton.

A win and a draw in the 2 home games......not sure which way round though.
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 12, 2017, 9:05am; Reply: 4
For me, it is perfectly possible that we could get anything between 0 and 12 points, sounds stupid but not ridiculous, we could soak up pressure really well and hit them on the break with Dembele, DJ, Matt and Jones or be too defensive and just conceded due to endless pressure, this will be especially true at Luton and Notts I feel.
Posted by: Mariner93er, December 12, 2017, 9:14am; Reply: 5
I think defensively we've been strong, and pace tends to be our Achilles heal. However, county have ameobi and areas up front, so it'll be a really interesting battle between 2 experienced centre backs and strikers.
Posted by: Mariner93er, December 12, 2017, 9:14am; Reply: 6
Stead*
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 12, 2017, 9:14am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mariner_09
For me, it is perfectly possible that we could get anything between 0 and 12 points, sounds stupid but not ridiculous, we could soak up pressure really well and hit them on the break with Dembele, DJ, Matt and Jones or be too defensive and just conceded due to endless pressure, this will be especially true at Luton and Notts I feel.

I see it the same Town could win lose or draw any/all of the next four games.The best form of defence being attack in these sort of games I hope RS keeps his nerve and the same starting eleven if possible? Were causing teams umpteen problems at present lets let them worry about us.UTM
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 12, 2017, 9:49am; Reply: 8
We just need someone who can finish the chances as Sam Jones is proving to be out of sorts in front of goal currently. Paddy Madden anyone?
Posted by: pizzzza, December 12, 2017, 9:57am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mariner_09
For me, it is perfectly possible that we could get anything between 0 and 12 points,

I bet we don't get 11 points.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, December 12, 2017, 10:55am; Reply: 10
If am honestly am only worried about Luton once they score and you sit back we will be doomed it could very well get embarassing scoreline but who knows,
County - I think we might scrape it and win
Luton - right now I’ll take a draw
Mansfield - win no doubt about it think we have learnt our lesson from last time
Accrington - possible a win or draw, but hopefully come the new year we are in the play offs
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 12, 2017, 2:24pm; Reply: 11
5 points for me.

Draw at Notts County
Lose at Luton
Draw Mansfield
Win Accy
Posted by: devs, December 12, 2017, 3:09pm; Reply: 12
Lack of firepower up front could be telling for us I'm afraid
I'd snap your hand off for 6pts and move on...
Posted by: Mendonca1995, December 12, 2017, 3:10pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from OllieGTFC
If am honestly am only worried about Luton once they score and you sit back we will be doomed it could very well get embarassing scoreline but who knows,
County - I think we might scrape it and win
Luton - right now I’ll take a draw
Mansfield - win no doubt about it think we have learnt our lesson from last time
Accrington - possible a win or draw, but hopefully come the new year we are in the play offs

Why potentially embarrassed vs Luton ??? We went there last season and beat them when they hadn’t been beaten We went to Accrington and turned them over this season having not been beaten the thing is with this league anyone can beat anyone and it’s still proving that this season I will agree with you that Luton probably are the best side in the league BUT we can in my eyes beat anyone on our day too hopefully we will have a good final second half of the season push for the playoffs with a couple of new quality additions and who knows we’re we could finish ten points seperates is from top spot it’s definitely not impossible UTM
Posted by: GyMariner, December 12, 2017, 3:12pm; Reply: 14
We play better when we don't have to think, these games may suit us
Posted by: OllieGTFC, December 12, 2017, 3:54pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mendonca1995

Why potentially embarrassed vs Luton ??? We went there last season and beat them when they hadn’t been beaten We went to Accrington and turned them over this season having not been beaten the thing is with this league anyone can beat anyone and it’s still proving that this season I will agree with you that Luton probably are the best side in the league BUT we can in my eyes beat anyone on our day too hopefully we will have a good final second half of the season push for the playoffs with a couple of new quality additions and who knows we’re we could finish ten points seperates is from top spot it’s definitely not impossible UTM

What I mean by embarrassing is the scoreline nothing else since the start of the season Luton have been basically scoring goals for fun and course we can beat anyone on our day hopefully we can stay unbeaten for the rest of year
Posted by: Sussexmariner, December 12, 2017, 4:30pm; Reply: 16
4-5 points for me,

Notts C, unbeaten at home with a good result last week,  can’t see anything but a win for the home side, might scrape a dull 0-0 draw if we’re lucky.

Luton are scoring too many goals at home, we are just not putting our chances away to get anything out of the game.

Draw against Mansfield and a win against Accrington.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with our last few results, the Swindon game from what I saw and reports I’ve read could’ve gone either way and let’s not forget our last two games have been against the bottom two sides of the division.  

On the plus side, I think we are getting better as the season unfolds and with a couple of good additions in the transfer window I think we will finish in a play off place.

Posted by: Grimbiggs, December 12, 2017, 5:34pm; Reply: 17
Realistically 4 or 5 points, anything away from home would be a bonus....from what I've seen of Paddy Madden, he wouldn't be a bad shout upfront in the New Year, he seems to be out of favour at Scunny....a winger who scored 20 goals last season, so Josh Morris in exchange for Woolford would be even better ;)
Posted by: Grantley, December 12, 2017, 5:35pm; Reply: 18
Anything above 4 points would be excellent imo.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, December 12, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 19
3-5 points is the most realistic considering the form of Luton and Notts County.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 12, 2017, 7:23pm; Reply: 20
4 or 6, can't see us beating COunty or Luton but results against accy and Mansifeld are a possibility
Posted by: toontown, December 12, 2017, 8:55pm; Reply: 21
i would snap ur hand off for 7 pts. 6 would be a good return. 4 pts quite likely
Posted by: sydney, December 12, 2017, 9:06pm; Reply: 22
County Game is big one coz if we lose we will have even more pressure on an already difficult Luton away game
County Draw or Win a must, lose at Luton (can’t see any other result)
We will beat Mansfield and draw Accrington
So 4 or 5 or 7 if that’s accurate enough 😁😁
Luton Manager Said Notts C was the best side he had at Luton after 1-1 Draw between them Sat
We will definitely know by 5pm 23rd if we are play off contenders, mid table dreamers or looking over our shoulder for the rest of the season
Come on Town prove me wrong again and again
Posted by: mariner91, December 12, 2017, 9:23pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from sydney
County Game is big one coz if we lose we will have even more pressure on an already difficult Luton away game
County Draw or Win a must, lose at Luton (can’t see any other result)
We will beat Mansfield and draw Accrington
So 4 or 5 or 7 if that’s accurate enough 😁😁
Luton Manager Said Notts C was the best side he had at Luton after 1-1 Draw between them Sat
We will definitely know by 5pm 23rd if we are play off contenders, mid table dreamers or looking over our shoulder for the rest of the season
Come on Town prove me wrong again and again

Why are we under any pressure? We're not in a relegation fight as it stands, we've an outside shot at the play offs and we wouldn't be going there expecting to necessarily get anything. It's about as pressure free as we could get.
Posted by: StaffsMariner, December 12, 2017, 9:40pm; Reply: 24
7 wins on the bounce. 12 points to us.
C'mon guys, we gotta be more positive! No point settling for realistic when anythings possible.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 13, 2017, 8:18am; Reply: 25
Would any of the 4 teams were due to play want to be playing a team who have won 3 on the bounce? Starting with County who will be against not only a team with a winning mentality but 1500 vociferous fans turning it into an away game for them.Luton we often do well against home and away.Mansfield anything can happen with Evans in charge and Accy we should beat.12 points please then we can have our own magnificent seven for Xmas.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 13, 2017, 11:26pm; Reply: 26
4 or 5 seems a reasonable prediction. I'd be very surprised if we got more than 9 or less than 3.
Posted by: H19P1, December 14, 2017, 6:32am; Reply: 27
12 points would be deeeeecent
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:57pm