Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /    /  
Posted by: Cloudy, December 11, 2017, 6:29pm
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/gtfc-appoint-new-supporter-liaison-officer/

Thoughts?

I know Adie, nice lad but for me it's a 'commercial appointment' rather than a true SLO.

I see Kristine is now referred to as the Mariners Trust SLO

Can't see him travelling to Exeter, Newport and the likes
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 11, 2017, 6:59pm; Reply: 1
Well done to all concerned. BOTH the fans and the board.
Small steps I know. But steps nevertheless.   UTM
Posted by: lukeo, December 11, 2017, 7:34pm; Reply: 2
Adie is a big town fan and is a decent lad. Went to college with him a mere 10 years ago and was probably the only decent lad in the course who was approachable and welcoming.
Posted by: Posh Harry, December 11, 2017, 7:44pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Cloudy
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/gtfc-appoint-new-supporter-liaison-officer/

Thoughts?

I know Adie, nice lad but for me it's a 'commercial appointment' rather than a true SLO.

I see Kristine is now referred to as the Mariners Trust SLO

Can't see him travelling to Exeter, Newport and the likes

Thoughts?

I think it's excellent that the club have recognised and admitted there is a problem between the club itself and the fan base, and they have moved swiftly to do something about it.

Who knows if it works or not, but I can't see anything negative about it at this stage. Let's give the guy and the role a chance.

UTFM
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, December 11, 2017, 8:22pm; Reply: 4
Credit to the club for recognising the benefit of greater dialogue, and I'm sure Adie and Kristine will prove to be a very good team.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 11, 2017, 8:29pm; Reply: 5
With so many players on the books, we should've given the gig to Sam Kelly.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 11, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 6
Welcome and best wishes on the new role Adie.
Posted by: Green27, December 11, 2017, 9:10pm; Reply: 7
Kristine was already the clubs SLO appointed when we were promoted last season. Why were the Trust not informed now she’s apparently a part of them. Why was she removed from her previous position. Why do we need two?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 11, 2017, 9:33pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Green27
Kristine was already the clubs SLO appointed when we were promoted last season. Why were the Trust not informed now she’s apparently a part of them. Why was she removed from her previous position. Why do we need two?

Something fishy going on here
Posted by: Green27, December 11, 2017, 9:38pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Something fishy going on here

At our club? Never.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, December 11, 2017, 10:03pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from lukeo
Adie is a big town fan and is a decent lad. Went to college with him a mere 10 years ago and was probably the only decent lad in the course who was approachable and welcoming.

He's very approachable when it comes to having issues imo. Nice decent lad. Good appointment.
Posted by: davmariner, December 11, 2017, 10:31pm; Reply: 11
Sounds like this Kristine has been fired.
Posted by: jaygy, December 11, 2017, 11:15pm; Reply: 12
What’s Kristine done wrong? She’s been brilliant in her role
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 11, 2017, 11:33pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from jaygy
What’s Kristine done wrong? She’s been brilliant in her role

Answered your own question?
Posted by: LH, December 11, 2017, 11:38pm; Reply: 14
I’m just wondering if this is an admin type appointment because clubs have to employ one according to FL rules don’t they? Strictly speaking Kristine isn’t a club employee so they’d need to appoint one. Town being Town won’t spend money when they don’t need to so give a current employee another hat to wear and we’re working within the regs and no extra money has been lost. Just a theory.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 12, 2017, 7:13am; Reply: 15
I thought we started off with two Kristine and Sue Mullen the latter vanishing soon after being perhaps self appointed?
Posted by: davmariner, December 12, 2017, 7:28am; Reply: 16
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2016/july/gtfc-supporter-liaison-committee-announcement-/

Initial announcement back in Feb.
Posted by: Bigdog, December 12, 2017, 11:37am; Reply: 17
Worth a read, and nothing against the new incumbent, but the plot thickens a little bit.. The performance of Kristine as SLO was impeccable and seemed to be the club role and function that least needed improving..

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6540
Posted by: moosey_club, December 12, 2017, 12:59pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Abdul19
With so many players on the books, we should've given the gig to Sam Kelly.

But would any supporter have recognised him to be able to start liaising with him  ???  ;)
Posted by: pizzzza, December 12, 2017, 1:05pm; Reply: 19
Its a good move, if I ever had need to consult an SLO I'd much rather deal with someone directly involved with the club (No offense to the Trust SLO).
Posted by: moosey_club, December 12, 2017, 1:11pm; Reply: 20
Maybe as Kristine often pops on here she could enlighten us all.

Then again...maybe she wouldn't like to enlighten us all, what with Big Brother watching.

Maybe a trust spokesperson who comes on here can enlighten us all.  

Then again maybe they wouldnt like to enlighten us all, what with Big Brother watching.

Looking at the trusts response on the C.A link it appears they were officially in the dark and the first they heard was via the press release. If true...another disrespectful approach from the club towards the Trust ( & fellow member of the board ).

Posted by: fleabag1970, December 12, 2017, 5:12pm; Reply: 21
Im starting to like JF and his  team ...... you couldn't write this stuff  ....  I was feeling like I was being taken for a mug so I stopped going . I feel fine now
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 12, 2017, 5:37pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from moosey_club
Maybe as Kristine often pops on here she could enlighten us all.

Then again...maybe she wouldn't like to enlighten us all, what with Big Brother watching.

Maybe a trust spokesperson who comes on here can enlighten us all.  

Then again maybe they wouldnt like to enlighten us all, what with Big Brother watching.

Looking at the trusts response on the C.A link it appears they were officially in the dark and first they heard was via the press release. If true...another disrespectful approach from the club towards the Trust ( & fellow member of the board ).

Which of the Fenty brothers is the Big one?  ;)
Posted by: Squarkus, December 12, 2017, 8:06pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Which of the Fenty brothers is the Big one?  ;)

None
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 12, 2017, 8:10pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from pizzzza
Its a good move, if I ever had need to consult an SLO I'd much rather deal with someone directly involved with the club (No offense to the Trust SLO).

But Kristine was appointed by the club! Neither she nor the Trust new she was their SLO.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 12, 2017, 10:11pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from KingstonMariner

But Kristine was appointed by the club! Neither she nor the Trust new she was their SLO.

Dont bring facts into it.....thats not how we operate, you know better than that.
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, December 13, 2017, 8:37am; Reply: 26
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's a grey area that clearly needs to be reconciled.

To avoid the need for another official statement about this ill seek to defuse the hysteria by the following.

On the one hand Kristen who has done some great work, often speaks on behalf of the Trust with no reference to the Club ('Bragate' the prime example where her last statement called for the club to condemn the EFL) Who was she speaking working for then?.

There were originally 3 SLO officers which reduced down to one almost without notice, an earlier link highlights the arrangement and the Trusts nomination.

The Club have 'listened' and are putting in place a club appointed SLO who is available every day and works for the Club in very important areas such as Disability and Inclusion to help to close the gap, or, perceived gap between the Club and its supporters.

In the following Link, Adie speaking, gives a clear insight and his desire to work with Kristine and the Role.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/ifollow

This confusion needs clearing up about who Kristine reports to and what are their joint terms of reference and the basis for how messages coming out from them which must have the clearance of the Club.

Its a very important role and i hope everyone will join me in welcoming Adie on board.

Best Wishes John F

UTMM
Posted by: RichyMills, December 13, 2017, 9:15am; Reply: 27
Sorry John, but that only clears things up in so much as it makes the club seem petty, ditching Kris because she thought the club should make a stand for its fans (customers, basically, if that makes it easier to understand)

The way this has been handled is disgraceful. You know Kris was the SLO. There was no Trust SLO. The club's website listed her as SLO on the contacts page!

Posted by: mirrorballman, December 13, 2017, 9:25am; Reply: 28
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

To avoid the need for another official statement about this ill seek to defuse the hysteria by the following.

On the one hand Kristen who has done some great work, often speaks on behalf of the Trust with no reference to the Club ('Bragate' the prime example where her last statement called for the club to condemn the EFL) Who was she speaking working for then?.

There were originally 3 SLO officers which reduced down to one almost without notice, an earlier link highlights the arrangement and the Trusts nomination.

The Club have 'listened' and are putting in place a club appointed SLO who is available every day and works for the Club in very important areas such as Disability and Inclusion to help to close the gap, or, perceived gap between the Club and its supporters.

In the following Link, Adie speaking, gives a clear insight and his desire to work with Kristine and the Role.

This confusion needs clearing up about who Kristine reports to and what are their joint terms of reference and the basis for how messages coming out from them which must have the clearance of the Club.

Its a very important role and i hope everyone will join me in welcoming Adie on board.

Best Wishes John F

UTMM

The Supporters Liaison Officer gives the club a message from the supporters and you think this is a bad thing?
Posted by: RichyMills, December 13, 2017, 9:27am; Reply: 29
Quoted from mirrorballman

The Supporters Liaison Officer gives the club a message from the supporters and you think this is a bad thing?

Clearly. Best to ditch her and appoint someone internally who will say what the club want to hear
Posted by: LeeVanCleef, December 13, 2017, 9:30am; Reply: 30

To avoid the need for another official statement about this ill seek to defuse the hysteria by the following

Whenever you come on here to clear things up you leave more questions than answers.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 13, 2017, 9:36am; Reply: 31
So ...its seems to be more of a club liaison officer than a supporters liaison officer then.

Never knowingly met Kristine but she quickly answered a couple of questions i had through this forum and she was obviously doing something right to be nominated by the FSF.
Seems a decent sort and i imagine she will rise above the politics and continue doing what she does in an SLO role to ensure supporters are heard.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 13, 2017, 9:39am; Reply: 32
Oh dear! Even when they try to do the right thing, they get it so wrong. There cannot be anyone left at the club with feet, the amount of times they shoot themselves in them.

Kristine has gained so much respect among the fans and this just feels all wrong, however well intentioned.
Posted by: realist, December 13, 2017, 9:40am; Reply: 33
No Hysteria Fenty, reasoned questioning due to the strange and secretive way you run for the club. You employ someone and don't make it clear what they are supposed to be doing?
At least she had the courage to speak out, more than you and your fellow spineless board members did.
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 13, 2017, 9:45am; Reply: 34

Best Wishes John F

UTMM

The biggest 'perceived gap' between the club and supporters is down to terrible PR and communication. This shoddily arranged and announced arrangement is a further example of it. What checks do you have in place when releasing statements like the one on Monday about the new SLO? Why weren't the Trust consulted over these plans before it was announced? Do you literally just type up your thoughts and send them over to Dale for him to chuck up on the OS? You'd be better off employing an experienced press / comms / PR / marketing professional with responsibility for proof reading your communications and generating some marketing buzz beyond tweeting 'secure your tickets' before matches rather than shuffling around deckchairs and undermining Kristine with another embarrassing misstep.
Posted by: ska face, December 13, 2017, 9:55am; Reply: 35

Best Wishes John F

UTMM

Where do you start with this latest flipping skip fire from the desk of Lord J.S. Fenty (con)?

Unless I’m mistaken, the SLO role, a great opportunity to give fans a say in the club and in shaping supporter experience, was initially handed to Sue Mullen, wife of then-director Lee Mullen. When questions were raised about why, and indeed how, this happened, the club back-tracked and added two additional roles (one for disabled supporter liaison and one working with charities, for some reason). Essentially this demonstrates not only a misunderstanding of the role itself and the potential benefits of having someone in place, it raises yet more questions about GTFC’s recruitment procedures and does nothing to dispel fears of the “jobs for the boys” culture at the club.  

You’re right, there are grey areas in the current management of the SLO role and where exactly it sits - perhaps someone should have thought about this before? If only there were people at the club paid to make such decisions. We can but dream.

However, the work that Kristine Green has done in the role - alongside the Mariners Trust who have assisted and supported the development of the role - has surely surpassed all expectations, often going above and beyond for the benefit of FANS. And that is the problem - the role in its current format had the fans’ interests at heart, and the GTFC board couldn’t give a fiddler’s intercourse about fans, their well-being or their “experience”.

No better example of this could have been asked for than “Bragate”, where a number of fans were effectively subjected to sexual assault at worst and gross invasion of personal space at best. Where were GTFC in all of this? Nowhere. Shite it. Did nothing for these fans who travel the length and breadth of the country to support their team. When did we hear from GTFC? Only when their staff were implicated. The fans that are so pilloried by yourself and others, at any given opportunity, that your ludicrous statements have been reported by the country’s largest news outlet, were abondoned.

So when the SUPPORTERS needed a SUPPORTER LIAISON OFFICER, Kristine and The Trust not only supported us, but also raised awareness of this issue excellently amongst the rest of the football league and beyond. What did the club do? Nothing. Covered their arses and left the fans to their own get on with it. The less said about the way you have used this as a stick to beat The Trust with recently, the better, as you’re past the point of embarrassing yourself.

So let’s move on. You note that you’ve “listened”.  Listened to flipping who?! Who, ever, has said that the club need ANOTHER SLO? When? If that is the sum total of what you took from the fans’ forum and debates on here then...Christ, we really are in trouble. The role of the SLO is to give fans an active say in their matchday experience and the opportunity to feed in and be listened to. We already have that - we have that in an existing SLO and, you may not have noticed this, we also have a representative from the Mariners Trust on the board of directors. If you wanted to listen, try listening to these two, who are already doing Adie’s job for him. Though, I suppose this is yet more evidence that you won’t listen to the fans - you may hear us, but you certainly don’t listen.

One of the benefits of an SLO is that it opens up a clear, demonstrable chain of communication between the fans and the club. We know who to talk to, about what, and who hears this message. Now what? We’ve got two SLO’s, one handed a job by you with seemingly no experience of the issues fans face at places like Stevenage, at Doncaster, Notts County and other places that the current SLO had demonstrated her worth. Who do we raise concerns with now? Do we trust GTFC to act on these concerns raised with the new SLO? I can only speak for myself here, but I wouldn’t trust someone put in place by you, unnecessarily, as yet another buffer, to deliver any meaningful, positive change for the good of the fans. The disdain with which you and other GTFC staff treat fans is clear, and I won’t be expecting anything new from yet another internal appointment. Trust is key to the role of the SLO, and there’ll have to be some big steps taken to build that from your current position.

YET AGAIN, this is another opportunity to build on some good work initially done by The Trust which GTFC have drunk up a wall. Fan engagement and the “matchday experience” is absolutely critical to encouraging new fans and retaining them, especially with a new stadium supposedly on the horizon that you’ll need to fill. Does this announcement give the impression that you particularly care? Not to me. Does it show you know what you’re doing? I’ll let others answer that.

What it does demonstrate, quite clearly, is that you can’t bare to have anyone take a shred of power from you. You talk about how statements and comments need to be cleared by the club - that’s flipping rich coming from you! How many of YOUR statements are cleared by the rest of the board, including the other major shareholder in the club, the Mariners Trust. In fact, were they (as in WE) even consulted on this change?

I’m sure Adie’s a nice guy, and good luck to him in this already existing new role, but as a fan, I’m expecting nothing other than another mouthpiece for the board’s bad decisions. What a flipping mess. Again.
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, December 13, 2017, 9:57am; Reply: 36
Quoted from RichyMills

Clearly. Best to ditch her and appoint someone internally who will say what the club want to hear

My last comment. Not petty at all.

Whats clear is that the club is listening and wants to make progress on fan engagement. The role is complementary and not intended to be a replacement. Some are wanting to make more of this than it is!!!!

Obviously new terms of reference need to be agreed to ensure that the roles are understood in the context of the positions and the responsibility it carries and no more.

Thank you
John F

Posted by: RichyMills, December 13, 2017, 10:16am; Reply: 37

My last comment. Not petty at all.

Whats clear is that the club is listening and wants to make progress on fan engagement. The role is complementary and not intended to be a replacement. Some are wanting to make more of this than it is!!!!

Obviously new terms of reference need to be agreed to ensure that the roles are understood in the context of the positions and the responsibility it carries and no more.

Thank you
John F

Hint: if TORs are required then surely they should have been written up and agreed before recruiting/appointing

for goodness sakes, surely the club can be better than this, it all seems so totally cackhanded

Thanks

Rich
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 13, 2017, 10:58am; Reply: 38
All this latest news beggars belief as far as the reasoning and presentation go.  

They should remake "The Office" as "GTFC".  The trouble is we only do "reality" not "irony and pathos".  No rehearsals needed.

When you think that we have hit rock bottom and things can only get better, we continue in the same vein.  

Maybe we should raise money by selling ourselves as a new reality tragic comedy show?   The daily going on at GTFC.

We have some "interesting" characters that could be given star roles.  A modern day Dad's Army.  Arthur Lowe as the Bank Manager could be played by a "nasty Accountant" who drones on longer that Lance-Corporal Jones.  Maybe mixed in with the Air Raid Warden who shouts at people and is always telling them off. GYFR could be a completely new, central role of epic proportions.

They would need a very old set dating back to 1901.  (Yes I do have too much time on my hands today).  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 13, 2017, 11:17am; Reply: 39
A Unity Day quickly followed by yet another spat revolving around a statement put out by the football club undoing any ground gained.Truly Disapointed
Posted by: realist, December 13, 2017, 11:34am; Reply: 40
Fenty, just clear your desk and go. You have ruined this once great club.   An administrator with no knowledge of football could do a far better job than you and your cronies.
Stick to politics were your skills fit it with a toothless opposition
Posted by: Tinymariner, December 13, 2017, 11:49am; Reply: 41
Nothing the club do will ever be enough or the right thing, in some people’s minds.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 13, 2017, 12:08pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Tinymariner
Nothing the club do will ever be enough or the right thing, in some people’s minds.

Tiny,

Are you not in anyway surprised that this role as come about without being advertised ?Also that the person currently carrying out the duties of SLO having being nominated for two awards and gaining experience would you not think this person would be a very good shout for any interview shortlist?

Posted by: darren9, December 13, 2017, 12:28pm; Reply: 43
I'm going to go back to the Matt dean/Curtis wood house incident because I think it is pertinent and there are parallels to. be drawn.

One of the issues the club had was that it was just unfair on RS and coaching staff for this news to be broke in this way we were asked to consider how they would feel finding out their job was at risk in such a way.

From what I understand this is exactly how our current SLO found out about the new one. This smacks of hypocrisy.

Nowhere have I heard any fans say that we need another SLO so who are these people that have been listened to? Why doesn't the club listen on other issues?

The post from the non-chairman who seems to fulfill all the roles of a chairman on this forum reads as though he is unhappy that our SLO suggested the club should do more after bragate so he's brought in someone who will serve the club rather than the fans. The fact that he sees the club and it's fans as separate entities speaks volumes for me.

A new SLO is so far down the list of things the club needs that it shouldn't even register. Mr Fenty is the emperor fiddling while GTFC burns.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 13, 2017, 12:41pm; Reply: 44
Never been a Fenty basher and maybe it will be good having the extra SLO looking at things more from the boards point of view, we wont know till hes been in post for a while but unfortuneately again John Fenty has gone about it the wrong way. To not discuss or even inform ther supporters trust/Kristine and Kristen :) before announcing the new guy was a complete own goal. He really needs to think more before making announcements.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 13, 2017, 12:51pm; Reply: 45
Oh dear.
Posted by: Green27, December 13, 2017, 1:07pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from ska face

Where do you start with this latest flipping skip fire from the desk of Lord J.S. Fenty (con)?

Unless I’m mistaken, the SLO role, a great opportunity to give fans a say in the club and in shaping supporter experience, was initially handed to Sue Mullen, wife of then-director Lee Mullen. When questions were raised about why, and indeed how, this happened, the club back-tracked and added two additional roles (one for disabled supporter liaison and one working with charities, for some reason). Essentially this demonstrates not only a misunderstanding of the role itself and the potential benefits of having someone in place, it raises yet more questions about GTFC’s recruitment procedures and does nothing to dispel fears of the “jobs for the boys” culture at the club.  

You’re right, there are grey areas in the current management of the SLO role and where exactly it sits - perhaps someone should have thought about this before? If only there were people at the club paid to make such decisions. We can but dream.

However, the work that Kristine Green has done in the role - alongside the Mariners Trust who have assisted and supported the development of the role - has surely surpassed all expectations, often going above and beyond for the benefit of FANS. And that is the problem - the role in its current format had the fans’ interests at heart, and the GTFC board couldn’t give a fiddler’s intercourse about fans, their well-being or their “experience”.

No better example of this could have been asked for than “Bragate”, where a number of fans were effectively subjected to sexual assault at worst and gross invasion of personal space at best. Where were GTFC in all of this? Nowhere. Shite it. Did nothing for these fans who travel the length and breadth of the country to support their team. When did we hear from GTFC? Only when their staff were implicated. The fans that are so pilloried by yourself and others, at any given opportunity, that your ludicrous statements have been reported by the country’s largest news outlet, were abondoned.

So when the SUPPORTERS needed a SUPPORTER LIAISON OFFICER, Kristine and The Trust not only supported us, but also raised awareness of this issue excellently amongst the rest of the football league and beyond. What did the club do? Nothing. Covered their arses and left the fans to their own get on with it. The less said about the way you have used this as a stick to beat The Trust with recently, the better, as you’re past the point of embarrassing yourself.

So let’s move on. You note that you’ve “listened”.  Listened to flipping who?! Who, ever, has said that the club need ANOTHER SLO? When? If that is the sum total of what you took from the fans’ forum and debates on here then...Christ, we really are in trouble. The role of the SLO is to give fans an active say in their matchday experience and the opportunity to feed in and be listened to. We already have that - we have that in an existing SLO and, you may not have noticed this, we also have a representative from the Mariners Trust on the board of directors. If you wanted to listen, try listening to these two, who are already doing Adie’s job for him. Though, I suppose this is yet more evidence that you won’t listen to the fans - you may hear us, but you certainly don’t listen.

One of the benefits of an SLO is that it opens up a clear, demonstrable chain of communication between the fans and the club. We know who to talk to, about what, and who hears this message. Now what? We’ve got two SLO’s, one handed a job by you with seemingly no experience of the issues fans face at places like Stevenage, at Doncaster, Notts County and other places that the current SLO had demonstrated her worth. Who do we raise concerns with now? Do we trust GTFC to act on these concerns raised with the new SLO? I can only speak for myself here, but I wouldn’t trust someone put in place by you, unnecessarily, as yet another buffer, to deliver any meaningful, positive change for the good of the fans. The disdain with which you and other GTFC staff treat fans is clear, and I won’t be expecting anything new from yet another internal appointment. Trust is key to the role of the SLO, and there’ll have to be some big steps taken to build that from your current position.

YET AGAIN, this is another opportunity to build on some good work initially done by The Trust which GTFC have drunk up a wall. Fan engagement and the “matchday experience” is absolutely critical to encouraging new fans and retaining them, especially with a new stadium supposedly on the horizon that you’ll need to fill. Does this announcement give the impression that you particularly care? Not to me. Does it show you know what you’re doing? I’ll let others answer that.

What it does demonstrate, quite clearly, is that you can’t bare to have anyone take a shred of power from you. You talk about how statements and comments need to be cleared by the club - that’s flipping rich coming from you! How many of YOUR statements are cleared by the rest of the board, including the other major shareholder in the club, the Mariners Trust. In fact, were they (as in WE) even consulted on this change?

I’m sure Adie’s a nice guy, and good luck to him in this already existing new role, but as a fan, I’m expecting nothing other than another mouthpiece for the board’s bad decisions. What a flipping mess. Again.

That post is amazing. Thank you for putting my thoughts and anger at all this in to something coherent. Best post since Poojah for me
Posted by: golfer, December 13, 2017, 1:31pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Green27

At our club? Never.

What on earth makes you think it's our club-it's one persons and one persons only-at one time we could truthfully say "our club" but not any more-it's his club and woe betide anybody who thinks differently. I just hope we don't have to wait too long before we can say "our club" again.
Posted by: Bigdog, December 13, 2017, 1:39pm; Reply: 48
I've got misgivings about this after watching the interview of the new SLO at the club. Let's put the wrongs already noted to one side about not informing the Trust or Kristine, not setting out the terms of reference, etc. A key sentence in Adie's one to one with Dale in reference to Kristine was "We've got to make sure we're singing off the same hymn sheet". Is this an attempt to clip Kristine's wings somewhat? The over-arching theme above all the buzzwords was one of the club gaining control of any message. In normal circumstances this should be a good thing but after recent events I think it could be a bad move. It seems to me that the club are going to end up setting their own key performance indicators rather than the status quo of having an SLO pushing them to the dizzying heights of excellent fan engagement whereby the club listens to the fans' concerns and acts upon them. Without the consulting of Kristine about the changes, do we risk losing the club's best performer? How will she feel in her role further down the line if she feels her wings are being constantly clipped? It's a never ending snipping around the edges of the board's perceived problems at the club and the clumsy way they are all dealt with that drives fans insane. The new SLO is not a PR expert, so by adding an SLO to the nationally lauded one we're lucky to have, how will this solve the club's grave PR issues?
Posted by: RichMariner, December 13, 2017, 2:01pm; Reply: 49
I haven't posted on this thread yet so thought I'd just say one thing:

If you're appointing an 'official' SLO (despite suggesting you already have one as listed on your own website) it's absolutely unforgivable and inexcusable not to consult the post-holder before anyone else.

It shows a lack of respect and a lack of class.

It was literally just two weeks ago that Matt Dean got hammered for (supposedly) making someone else fear for their job. It's hugely hypocritical.

John, you can't just do what you want, or what you think it right, all the time. You need a point of reference. You need someone to tell you, from a fans' perspective, whether what you're about to do is good or bad.

You need to be ASKING questions, otherwise you'll never know what we're thinking/feeling.

In all your posts on this forum I don't recall one occasion when you've genuinely (and not rhetorically) asked us a question.
Posted by: LH, December 13, 2017, 2:32pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Tinymariner

That’s not true. For every 99 things they do as badly as this there might be one thing they do ok.

Posted by: Civvy at last, December 13, 2017, 3:08pm; Reply: 51
The silence from Kristine on this says more than a million posts by those of us not fully in the know !!

I fell for it initially, but now the penny is dropping I'm afraid.

Let's hope Kristine hangs on in there and doesn't get 'bullied' out of her excellent role.
Posted by: RichyMills, December 13, 2017, 3:10pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Civvy at last
The silence from Kristine on this says more than a million posts by those not fully in the know !!

I fell for it initially, but now the penny is dropping I'm afraid.

Cryptic...
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 13, 2017, 3:12pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from RichyMills

Cryptic...

Not meant to be.  The fact that Kristine has not commented is not a good light on the club.  I initially thought this new position was a good thing, now I'm seriously doubting it.

Hope that clears that up.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 13, 2017, 3:35pm; Reply: 54
Just another complete intercourse up by GTFC, nobody should be surprised.
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 13, 2017, 4:15pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Civvy at last
Well done to all concerned. BOTH the fans and the board.
Small steps I know. But steps nevertheless.   UTM

How could I get it so wrong, will I ever learn.  FFS  :B :B :B :B :B :B
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 13, 2017, 4:44pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from golfer

What on earth makes you think it's our club-it's one persons and one persons only-at one time we could truthfully say "our club" but not any more-it's his club and woe betide anybody who thinks differently. I just hope we don't have to wait too long before we can say "our club" again.

After the best part of fifty years supporting GTFC I wish I hadn't put so much time, effort and emotion into it.
I wish I could just say stick your flipping club up your bottom and hang around until you've  dicked off.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 13, 2017, 4:47pm; Reply: 57

UTMM

A reasonable call but you don't seem to care that women were searched in degrading and illegal way, you only released a statement when they brought the club into question as if it knew about it which you rebuffed. I bet if your girlfriend or daughter was asked to show her bra you'd soon have something to say about it, you soon broke that kids flag when it suited you, how tall is Harvey at the EFL.

Christine should never have been in the position were she was asking for the club to condemn the EFL it should have been automatic. You also shifted the blame for doing intercourse all onto the directors at the fans forum saying they said there was no need to release a statement, which the fans were already calling for.

Mighty Mariner speaks out against under 21 premiership teams in Checkatrade, bang no more Mighty Mariner

Christine speaks out against bragate and bang, no more trust SLO

Do you use cillit bang on all the stuff that upsets you, remember me JOHN FENTY, SAY STUFF I DON'T LIKE AND BANG YOU'RE GONE, no jobs too tough to do for free as long as you ask me first, and as a yes man you will.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 13, 2017, 5:37pm; Reply: 58
Utter utter shambles.
Posted by: mirrorballman, December 13, 2017, 6:33pm; Reply: 59
I've just read Kristine's post on twitter. Shameful from the club towards one of their best assets.

I'm sure we'll get the inevitable statement of how she's wrong, just like Matt Dean, Mighty Mariner, Arnold and Amond for dawdling, the police for the Sheffield Utd trouble, the printers for the season ticket delay, the fans for forcing Hurst out, the board for appointing Neil Woods, the bullies for the Check-a-trade farce, the council for no stadium, the nimbys for no stadium, the downturn for no stadium, ITV Digital for no money, Mike Parker, Radio Humberside and fifteen years' worth of others were.

Always someone else to blame and never the non-chairman. Can't wait until the day he's gone from GTFC.
Posted by: Perkins, December 13, 2017, 6:38pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from mirrorballman
I've just read Kristine's post on twitter. Shameful from the club towards one of their best assets.

I'm sure we'll get the inevitable statement of how she's wrong, just like Matt Dean, Mighty Mariner, Arnold and Amond for dawdling, the police for the Sheffield Utd trouble, the printers for the season ticket delay, the fans for forcing Hurst out, the board for appointing Neil Woods, the bullies for the Check-a-trade farce, the council for no stadium, the nimbys for no stadium, the downturn for no stadium, ITV Digital for no money, Mike Parker, Radio Humberside and fifteen years' worth of others were.

Always someone else to blame and never the non-chairman. Can't wait until the day he's gone from GTFC.

Just about nails it on the head for me.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 13, 2017, 6:50pm; Reply: 61
How on earth does the hierarchy who must be obeyed at GTFC expect the club to be respected when they effectively push away one of its' best assets? Is it because Kristine dared to speak up after Stevenage when they didn't? With this, Steve Wraith on Checkatrade and Matt Dean, you have really shown your true colours. With all of this going on, how does the club expect to portray itself in a positive light with the local authorities on the stadium project?
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, December 13, 2017, 7:08pm; Reply: 62
There's already 2 threads on this matter does it need a third?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 13, 2017, 7:18pm; Reply: 63
Mention the word brewery and I need to look thought it was an invite
Posted by: Caesar, December 13, 2017, 7:25pm; Reply: 64

Best Wishes John F

UTMM

Dear John,

It feels like you listen, but I don't think you actually hear our concerns.  If you were listening and decided the confusion from fans over the statement on Stevenage meant you needed to ensure a SLO was "in house" you really didn't hear.  The confusion was about WHY there was no statement from the club.  It also makes me feel you don't understand the point of a Supporters Liason Officer.  They are meant to "build bridges" between club and fans by communicating fan messages to the club board as well as helping to communicate to fans.  You seem to think it is a one way street.  It feels in your mind that they are there to communicate from the club to the fans and nothing else.  Where there is meant to be a 2 way street you seem to think there should be a one way street.  I know you are willing to listen to fans but it seems your listening to fans means letting fans express concerns, then reiterating your message. I am really struggling to see examples of you changing your view or adapting a policy because of fan reaction.  Instead you seem to shout your original point even louder.  It is this that has caused a chasm to emerge between the fans and the club in my view.  One that I feel the Trust are increasingly struggling to bridge.  If you want to reduce the chasm please can you show that you are hearing our concerns rather than just listening to them then ignoring them.

Thanks.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 13, 2017, 7:47pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
There's already 2 threads on this matter does it need a third?

On this matter? There's 2 about the SLO, this thread is about general incompetence at GTFC. Unless the club wanted to push Kristine aside, they should have called her in and explained that they wanted to appoint a second SLO. Instead, it appears she was presented with a 'done deal'. But this, once again, is just the tip of an enlarging iceberg.
Posted by: RoboCod, December 13, 2017, 8:00pm; Reply: 66

And when you came bigging it up on here, inviting all the 'warriors' to go ten rounds at the forum and urging us to 'bring it on' you were the official voice of the club? Any forum feedback that could be termed as hysteria is only that way because of the provocation and arrogance in these decisions.

On a  positive note the Gaffe of the day has been reduced to roughly one a week.
Posted by: RoboCod, December 13, 2017, 8:04pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from MuddyWaters

On this matter? There's 2 about the SLO, this thread is about general incompetence at GTFC. Unless the club wanted to push Kristine aside, they should have called her in and explained that they wanted to appoint a second SLO. Instead, it appears she was presented with a 'done deal'. But this, once again, is just the tip of an enlarging iceberg.

At the time of writing this we have Sonik, Squarkus and FishFishtails and others patrolling the forum, expect red crosses. It's almost Oysten-esque board behavior.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, December 13, 2017, 8:10pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from RoboCod

At the time of writing this we have Sonik, Squarkus and FishFishtails and others patrolling the forum, expect red crosses. It's almost Oysten-esque board behavior.

Patrolling? Isnt that what yourself and others are doing? Not just merely commenting and reading the posts like thousands of others? As soon as Sonik, Squarkus and anyone else who stick up for the board or John post anything people are so quick to shoot them down. What happened to freedom of speech, or simply allowing others to have a different view, I thought this forum was for healthy debates, not trying to attack anyone who may have  different view in things relating to GTFC.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 13, 2017, 8:31pm; Reply: 69
Allegedly this tune auto plays every time the directors walk into the GTFC boardroom

Posted by: RoboCod, December 13, 2017, 8:34pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

Patrolling? Isnt that what yourself and others are doing? Not just merely commenting and reading the posts like thousands of others? As soon as Sonik, Squarkus and anyone else who stick up for the board or John post anything people are so quick to shoot them down. What happened to freedom of speech, or simply allowing others to have a different view, I thought this forum was for healthy debates, not trying to attack anyone who may have  different view in things relating to GTFC.

So Squarkus' dim-witted foul mouthed outburst a few weeks back wasn't an attack? It was freedom of speech?
He shouldn't even be on here after that, and Rob's decision to let it slide because it was a minority view was poor, especially when balanced up against his decision on Pete.  But I guess Squarkus with his yellow card and new cleaned up posts is the leopard who changed his spots just in time.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 13, 2017, 8:38pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from RoboCod

So Squarkus' dim-witted foul mouthed outburst a few weeks back wasn't an attack? It was freedom of speech?
He shouldn't even be on here after that, and Rob's decision to let it slide because it was a minority view was poor, especially when balanced up against his decision on Pete.  But I guess Squarkus with his yellow card and new cleaned up posts is the leopard who changed his spots just in time.

To be fair, I did get a PM apology from Squarkus regarding his comments on disability.
Posted by: Squarkus, December 13, 2017, 8:38pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from RoboCod

Sorry for having my own appinion, I am sat here with Simon Cowls buzzer I don't think, as I have said on a previous post we do not no the full facts, when I do I will make comment.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, December 13, 2017, 8:42pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from RoboCod

Apologies, forgot about that little outburst. And that's Robs decision and judging by the poll the other day he did the right thing in relation to grimsbypete. As for changing his spots at least he took the comments on board about what was said and has toed the line since then. All I'm trying to say is 'Live and let live' allow others to have a difference of opinion but remember that we ALL have the best interests of the club at heart even if we don't agree that what's happening right now is the best. Getting angry because Sonik and Squarkus have posted isn't going to help.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 13, 2017, 8:49pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Squarkus

Sorry for having my own appinion, I am sat here with Simon Cowls buzzer I don't think, as I have said on a previous post we do not no the full facts, when I do I will make comment.

Is that on the app store?

You may be Johns brother but surely you know the only opinion John listens too is the one he gives.
Posted by: Squarkus, December 13, 2017, 8:52pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from RoboCod

Don't disagree with you, I was totally out of order, there was some posts that pushed me over the edge so to say, I have appolagised to the people involved and it will not happen again.
Posted by: friskneymariner, December 13, 2017, 9:13pm; Reply: 76
As a matter of equality of opportunity where was this post advertised,or was the appointment made on a nod and a wink.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 13, 2017, 9:42pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from friskneymariner
As a matter of equality of opportunity where was this post advertised,or was the appointment made on a nod and a wink.

Curtis Woodhouse texted an application but Sladey's deleted his number.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 13, 2017, 10:04pm; Reply: 78

Best Wishes John F

UTMM

John, there is no hysteria. Just a lot of people disagreeing with you. Do you have difficulty with people having a different opinion to you, and see everything as hysterical?

There was no confusion about Kristine's role until you took this latest decision. You're sowing confusion yourself. You're making problems where there were none.

It's also clear that you are not listening. I'm sure you might have registered the words in your ears at the Fans Forum, but there was no request for another SLO. We had a perfectly good one. An excellent one. Adie was already there covering the disability and inclusion role so why the need for the change? You've actually messed up the area where the club was really performing well on!

What it looks like is that you've engineered a situation where she felt like she needed to resign because you didn't like her saying the club should condemn the FL. In normal employment matters this could look like constructive dismissal. If you didn't mean to do this then you have an awful lot to learn about how to treat people who work for the organisation that you lead.
Posted by: Cloudy, December 14, 2017, 5:10am; Reply: 79
Absolutely astounded by the brass neck of JSF.

Anyone who passes any comment which is in anyway critical of the way the club is run is ostracised. Parker, Roberts Green, all people who wanted to help the club, help the fans for the long term good of all are gone for good. Why? They had a different opinion, a questioning mind and didn't always 100% back JSF!

GTFC is killing itself from within
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 14, 2017, 2:38pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from friskneymariner

Same as the Company I work for, find some schmuck to take on an unpaid role.
Posted by: Vance Warner, December 15, 2017, 4:59pm; Reply: 81

The fans. You know the ones you blame for everything that goes wrong (usually because a tiny percentage have said something you disagree with) despite them being the club's biggest asset.
Posted by: StaffsMariner, December 15, 2017, 6:02pm; Reply: 82
From reading all the messages in this thread it's clear that the word "liaison" has been somehow misunderstood. Maybe "Go-between" should have been used but SGBO doesn't sound as good as SLO.
It would appear that Kristine's position in the trust gives her access to far more supporter views than just a 100 or so active posters on the Fishy although all views should be heard no matter how extreme.
The fans seem happy to contact Kristine with queries/issues so thats half the job going well.
What we dont know is who Kristine was Liasing with at the club as that seems to be the intention of a liaison officer. Were the club in contact with Kristine to assess the general fans views and pass on information that would help answer fans questions or was she just left to get on with it while the club came on here to check the views of a handful of fans.
Who was Kristine speaking to at the club for the other side of any stories?
A question for John. Why would the "supporters Trust" (to give it its full title) need a SLO? The position is to be piggy in the middle but if only the supporters views are forthcoming then the club should have made their views known.
Finally, Please, John, if you want to post a response to something on here or other social media  could you please use the official channel...meaning talk to the SLO! dont post yourself.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 15, 2017, 9:14pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from StaffsMariner

What we dont know is who Kristine was Liasing with at the club as that seems to be the intention of a liaison officer. Were the club in contact with Kristine to assess the general fans views and pass on information that would help answer fans questions or was she just left to get on with it while the club came on here to check the views of a handful of fans.
Who was Kristine speaking to at the club for the other side of any stories?

Must have been someone. They gave her an e-mail address.  :P
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:08pm