Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 10, 2017, 3:24pm
Unbelievably the last day of Lincoln Christmas market is cancelled because snow is "forecast".
This country is fast going down the pan.
Only last summer I was walking the back roads between Ingoldmells and Chapel St Leonard's on admittedly a hot day when two PCSOs pulled up, questioned whether my sandals were adequate footwear for "out in the wild countryside" and told me a small bottle of water wouldn't last long in an emergency.
I pointed out that at no time would I be more than 3/4 mile from the nearest boozer, all of which I would be calling in and politely told them to intercourse off and mind their own business.
What have we turned into?
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 10, 2017, 4:23pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Unbelievably the last day of Lincoln Christmas market is cancelled because snow is "forecast".
Only last summer I was walking the back roads between Ingoldmells and Chapel St Leonard's on admittedly a hot day when two PCSOs pulled up, questioned whether my sandals were adequate footwear for "out in the wild countryside" and told me a small bottle of water wouldn't last long in an emergency.
I pointed out that at no time would I be more than 3/4 mile from the nearest boozer, all of which I would be calling in and politely told them to intercourse off and mind their own business.

I'd have arrested you just for wearing sandals, especially if you were wearing white socks with them.  ;)
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 10, 2017, 4:27pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Les Brechin

I'd have arrested you just for wearing sandals, especially if you were wearing white socks with them.  ;)

Don't be silly Les, everyone knows you should only wear white socks with Hi Tec trainers.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 15, 2017, 11:44pm; Reply: 3

America ...in a word.

The council would be far too nervous of personal injury claims and bad press......unfortunately the ambulance chaser industry is winning.

I was involved in a minor car bump in the summer, someone rear ended me in slow moving traffic.....i reported to my insurance as the bumper was damaged but within 20 mins i had a call from a nice company informing me i had been involved in accident that wasnt my fault and they would represent me to compensate for my injuries.  I said i hadnt been injured and was totally fine but they said " but you have been inconvenienced through no fault of your own" ....i told them to fk off.

However there are plenty of people who would go along with it though i am sure.  
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 16, 2017, 2:41am; Reply: 4
As a foot note, just back from four days in Hamburg.
There are Christmas markets all over the place, every street, every square, it was slnging it down with sleet and snow too. Proper blizzards at times, ice cold.
People slipping on their arses and laughing as they're  helped up by laughing passers bye.
It's called personal responsibility.
Hot Gluhwein served in proper mugs, beer in glasses, all in the streets, none of that polystyrene balderdash.
Sausages sizzling in hot oil or being grilled over hot coals inches from wide eyed children, no injuries, no claims.
The football, just the same, stunning street food in and around the ground.
Security much more intense than anything we see with Town games but so much easier, pleasant and quicker.
You don't have to be a safe elf to be safe.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 17, 2017, 8:04pm; Reply: 5
As a foot note, just back from four days in Hamburg.
There are Christmas markets all over the place, every street, every square, it was slnging it down with sleet and snow too. Proper blizzards at times, ice cold.
People slipping on their arses and laughing as they're  helped up by laughing passers bye.
It's called personal responsibility.
Hot Gluhwein served in proper mugs, beer in glasses, all in the streets, none of that polystyrene balderdash.
Sausages sizzling in hot oil or being grilled over hot coals inches from wide eyed children, no injuries, no claims.
The football, just the same, stunning street food in and around the ground.
Security much more intense than anything we see with Town games but so much easier, pleasant and quicker.
You don't have to be a safe elf to be safe.

Can't help but think it''s not EU bureaucrats who've ruined things. It's emulating our cousins across the pond.
Posted by: Maringer, December 18, 2017, 5:34pm; Reply: 6
I visited the Christmas market in Nottingham at the weekend. Not very good for the health and safety of my bank balance - 5 quid for a poxy flipping bratwurst and another fiver for a pint. Must have seen me coming.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 19, 2017, 12:02am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer
I visited the Christmas market in Nottingham at the weekend. Not very good for the health and safety of my bank balance - 5 quid for a poxy flipping bratwurst and another fiver for a pint. Must have seen me coming.

They have those sort of things here. Nice to eat a bratwurst and a beer or a gluten outside but they're pigging expensive. There's another stall that does Italian style bread. there's some nice looking stuff but £4 a pop for a half loaf. And don't get me on to farmers' markets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afY4v0y4fL4
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 10:49pm