Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Meza, December 10, 2017, 2:23pm
I know its none gtfc but im just hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  

Im trying to see if i can find old local football articles for sunday league.  
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 10, 2017, 4:13pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Meza
I know its none gtfc but im just hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  

Im trying to see if i can find old local football articles for sunday league.  

The main library in Grimsby Town Centre holds copies of all the old Saturday telegraphs Meza, I've been there a couple of times.

They are on what are called "Microfiche" files and  they have a special reader that you use.
Posted by: barralad, December 10, 2017, 7:34pm; Reply: 2
What Les said. I'm currently researching a possible book on old Town games from the 40s/50s for a Trust related project and have found the library to be brilliant for the level of detail contained in the match reports.
On that subject in the New Year I hope to be in the position to interview Town fans who started watching in our first division days and/or up to the mid-fifties. ....the Shankley era etc.

Posted by: fishyfanny, December 10, 2017, 9:04pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from barralad
What Les said. I'm currently researching a possible book on old Town games from the 40s/50s for a Trust related project and have found the library to be brilliant for the level of detail contained in the match reports.
On that subject in the New Year I hope to be in the position to interview Town fans who started watching in our first division days and/or up to the mid-fifties. ....the Shankley era etc.

My Dad was watching in the fifties. He might be interested in chatting to you. Let me know when you're in a position to go ahead, and I'll ask him if he wants to help.

Posted by: LH, December 10, 2017, 9:12pm; Reply: 4
Microfiche is the perfect meal partner for Micro Chips.
Posted by: Meza, December 11, 2017, 12:14am; Reply: 5
Thanks Les i had a feeling the library had them....i was looking tobsee if there anything online.   Might take my old man as he wants to check out old articles for when he played.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 8:34am