Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: davmariner, December 10, 2017, 1:41am
Had another excellent game today for Solihull in spite of their defeat. A talented footballer but where does he fit in when he returns? Is he in line to replace the under performing Sam Jones in the no.10 position?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 10, 2017, 6:56am; Reply: 1
Slade is not stupid he knows Osborne is an important player he will be part of the squad and get his chance again.
Posted by: londonmariner2, December 10, 2017, 7:47am; Reply: 2
Although jones was off his game today he could quite easily have got a hat trick. I still believe he is our best forward.
Posted by: lukeo, December 10, 2017, 8:08am; Reply: 3
Agree with the above. For me Osborne would suit playing central midfield with Summerfield. Depending on the opponent if we're away at Luton (as an example) I'd play rose and summerfield Or dare I say go 4231 and drop Matt for Osborne.
It'll be nice to have these type of headaches and options come January.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2017, 8:16am; Reply: 4
Quoted from davmariner
Had another excellent game today for Solihull in spite of their defeat. A talented footballer but where does he fit in when he returns? Is he in line to replace the under performing Sam Jones in the no.10 position?

"Under performing Sam Jones" explain?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 10, 2017, 8:31am; Reply: 5
Quoted from HertsGTFC

"Under performing Sam Jones" explain?

When Sam Jones is playing well he works hard when we're not in possession, yesterday his efforts in the second half could be described as sporadic. The way we played second half, it was like they'd had a Horlicks at half time and we'd already got the points in the bank.
Posted by: Davec, December 10, 2017, 8:44am; Reply: 6
Jones is bang out of form in my opinion, obviously you don't agree Herts which is fair enough, all entitled to opinions
Posted by: Croxton, December 10, 2017, 9:02am; Reply: 7
Could not believe how switched off Jones was at times, especially when Matt was trying to press their back line and keeper. He has a moody, selfish streak at times and collects silly yellow cards. Still our best bet for goals, however, but revealing that Matt's persistence earned the pen and Jones' spat dummy nearly cost us. Surely Cardwell's pace and hold up play would have helped in the final minutes?
Posted by: golfer, December 10, 2017, 9:08am; Reply: 8
Just about every home game is similar. I don't know if it is our fitness. our tactics,the opponents sussing us out or what. Maybe we need Summerfield as captain because he is the only one shouting instructions on the pitch. We are improving fast on the whole but as much as I like Jamie, the only player he could replace on current form would be Jones who is obviously going through a bad spell. At the moment I think Slade is just about picking the best team available to him. A few tweeks after Xmas with a bit of luck we could be right up there.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 10, 2017, 10:00am; Reply: 9
Jamie Osbourne should play imo you fit your better players in the team
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 10, 2017, 10:02am; Reply: 10
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Jamie Osbourne should play imo you fit your better players in the team

Well he clearly wasn't fit when he left but hopefully will be when he's back  ;)
Posted by: Meza, December 10, 2017, 10:09am; Reply: 11
I honestly believe some people do not operate to the best of their ability in the cold.  The cold never bothered me when playing sunday league and in a few occassions i had the upper hand.  

However Jones is one of our best players and i love it (not) when fishy folk single him out just because of an "off day" and probably the same folk saying Summerfield is awful now saying he is the best player for POTY lol.

Posted by: chaos33, December 10, 2017, 10:12am; Reply: 12
Well if they keep playing him for 90 mins game after game I don't know if this is a help or a threat to fitness. Not really the way I would be running rehabilitation after serious injury - probably more of a gradual build up, especially on poor pitches against lumpers and kickers, but what do I know? I'm not a physio. If he's their best player they're going to want him on the pitch all the time aren't they. I've never been convinced that this is the right way to look after our valuable player, as it seems that Solihull and Jamey's wishes trump ours.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, December 10, 2017, 10:12am; Reply: 13
Currently despite DJ's positive contributions to the team I would put JO on the left hand side. Whilst he is not as quick as DJ he is no slouch, drifts by players easily and whats more has that football brain to, see the right pass. Had he been playing yesterday with a ll that space I believe he would have been able to either score himself or lay on passes that should have ensured his team mates could not miss, which given their shooting ability yesterday is quite an ask!!

Jones had a poor game but that happens to all players and he is our most dangerous player in the box and like Jamie really has to start.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 10, 2017, 10:52am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Currently despite DJ's positive contributions to the team I would put JO on the left hand side. Whilst he is not as quick as DJ he is no slouch, drifts by players easily and whats more has that football brain to, see the right pass. Had he been playing yesterday with a ll that space I believe he would have been able to either score himself or lay on passes that should have ensured his team mates could not miss, which given their shooting ability yesterday is quite an ask!!

Jones had a poor game but that happens to all players and he is our most dangerous player in the box and like Jamie really has to start.

Yep - we've already got a right footed left back, so why not? I'm not a Woolford fan but I would play Woolford wide left before putting a centre mid in that position. Berrett tried it last year and got berated for it.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, December 10, 2017, 11:53am; Reply: 15
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yep - we've already got a right footed left back, so why not? I'm not a Woolford fan but I would play Woolford wide left before putting a centre mid in that position. Berrett tried it last year and got berated for it.

Well he came on there against Swindon & laid on the winning goal, plus I would expect us to have signed a left footed full back in January. Appreciate you're a big Berrett fan but IMO Osbourne a far better footballer who would have no trouble playing on the left.

Thought he played out wide a few times last season, including the game v Yeovil when he scored that golden goal, but may be my memory playing tricks on me.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 10, 2017, 12:01pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Well he came on there against Swindon & laid on the winning goal, plus I would expect us to have signed a left footed full back in January. Appreciate you're a big Berrett fan but IMO Osbourne a far better footballer who would have no trouble playing on the left.

Thought he played out wide a few times last season, including the game v Yeovil when he scored that golden goal, but may be my memory playing tricks on me.

Nothing to do with my opinion of Berrett, more to do with my dislike of putting square pegs in round holes. I'd like to see us playing 3 centre mids with three in front.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 10, 2017, 12:11pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I would rather see Osborne or Bolarinwa come on than Woolford he added nothing yesterday.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 10, 2017, 12:16pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from arryarryarry

I would rather see Osborne or Bolarinwa come on than Woolford he added nothing yesterday.

I did say I'm not a Woolford fan - I'd like to see a new left back and an out and out left sided attacker in January.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 10, 2017, 4:46pm; Reply: 19
Playing Osborne wide isn't ideal, but playing a creative central midfielder there isn't really the same as playing a play ticking over central midfielder there.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2017, 5:07pm; Reply: 20
I'm not bothered where he plays at the moment I just want him back fit and playing for us, will be like a new signing.  
Posted by: Abdul19, December 10, 2017, 6:17pm; Reply: 21
Yeah agreed. I'd rather him at left back than Dixon  ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 10, 2017, 6:40pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Abdul19
Yeah agreed. I'd rather him at left back than Dixon  ;)

I'd rather me at left back than Dixon.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2017, 7:24pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'd rather me at left back than Dixon.

Your a kit sponsor can't you just get stripped and sneak in ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 10, 2017, 8:34pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Your a kit sponsor can't you just get stripped and sneak in ;)

My Summerfield kit is a Small!
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 18, 2017, 8:58pm; Reply: 25

Jamey Osborne scores for Solihull in their FA Trophy game tonight.

Latest......Solihull  2-0  Tranmere.
Posted by: Mariner93er, December 19, 2017, 7:14am; Reply: 26
On their forum, it says his goal was a 30 yard screamer. However, more concerningly, they say he was singled out for rough treatment. It does worry me that he's going to get injured before we get him back.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 19, 2017, 9:13am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Mariner93er
On their forum, it says his goal was a 30 yard screamer. However, more concerningly, they say he was singled out for rough treatment. It does worry me that he's going to get injured before we get him back.

Goes with the territory when you are the type of player he is. He drifts past defenders and they panic.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 19, 2017, 9:48am; Reply: 28
Shame there wasn't more there to see it. Attendance 215 and I'm sure Tranmere would have had at least 50 or 60 there.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 19, 2017, 10:17am; Reply: 29
[tweet]943035732624576517[/tweet]
Posted by: Mariner93er, December 19, 2017, 1:31pm; Reply: 30
On his weak foot as well.
Posted by: HistonMariner, December 19, 2017, 1:48pm; Reply: 31
No doubt Jamey when fit has to get into the team .I’d love him to play with Summerfield and McAllister in mid-field.
However it will never happen, obviously because McAllister we know cannot maintain fitness and this we have
essentially accepted. But more worryingly I fear Jamey has not only gone back to Solihull, where his family are, for    
game time but for personal reasons.
I don’t do conspiracy theories, and really hope he returns to play an integral part in a successful promotion push. His
return would be like a new signing which would hit the ground running.
UTMM
Posted by: Tommy, December 19, 2017, 1:56pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Mariner93er
On his weak foot as well.

Looks like a clear right-footed strike to me, not his left.
Posted by: LH, December 19, 2017, 4:14pm; Reply: 33
That’s a distinctly average finish by his standards.
Posted by: Mariner93er, December 19, 2017, 6:12pm; Reply: 34
He's left footed isn't he?
Posted by: Tommy, December 19, 2017, 9:09pm; Reply: 35
Definitely right footed.
Posted by: blundellpork, December 19, 2017, 11:04pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Mariner93er
He's left footed isn't he?

You’re thinking of Ryan Giggs
Posted by: Grimbiggs, December 27, 2017, 3:39pm; Reply: 37
I see he was MOM again yesterday, no mention about him returning to Grimsby, he's the one creative player we're missing ..... I thought he was supposed to be back with us by Saturday?
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 11:00pm