Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Skrill, December 9, 2017, 7:39pm
https://twitter.com/FGRFC_Official/status/939525053317828609

Mitch Rose is turning into a solid box to box midfielder, sealed 3 points against Crewe, sealed 3 points against Swindon and now against The Green Forest Village.
Posted by: Davec, December 9, 2017, 8:09pm; Reply: 1
Scored 4 so far this season, not bad considering for Mansfield he got 1 in 10
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 9, 2017, 8:18pm; Reply: 2
He's a great athlete and really competitive. He's been a decent addition.
Posted by: Maringer, December 9, 2017, 8:22pm; Reply: 3
Truth be told, I wasn't overly impressed with him today, but he's got a knack of getting the odd goal here and there which is a great asset in a central midfielder. I don't think he covers half as much ground as Summerfield, for example. However, if he keeps scoring, it's all good.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 9, 2017, 8:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from headingly_mariner
He's a great athlete and really competitive. He's been a decent addition.

100% really like the way he calmly slotted away the rebound today, seems to compliment Summers well.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 10, 2017, 12:52am; Reply: 5
I think the statistic mentioned above is worth noting. A certain Craig Disley was known for scoring important goals that won or got us back in the game.

It will be interesting to revisit at the end of the season to see where we would have finished without his goals.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 10, 2017, 2:14pm; Reply: 6
I thought he starrted very well, but he was either being rather lazy, picked up a knock or was just plain knackered in the 2nd half couldn't work out which. He's been impressive since his return to the team after a good start.
Posted by: Zmariner, December 10, 2017, 2:55pm; Reply: 7
Decent player always seems to run out of steam and so much better in first halves utm
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 10, 2017, 4:07pm; Reply: 8
The jury is out for me. He does seem to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time, but he needs to improve his consistency - he can give you an 8/10 and a 3/10, sometimes in the same game.
Posted by: toontown, December 10, 2017, 4:48pm; Reply: 9
I agree that he often seems so much better first half than second.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2017, 5:06pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 75
The jury is out for me. He does seem to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time, but he needs to improve his consistency - he can give you an 8/10 and a 3/10, sometimes in the same game. H

Looks like he struggles with stamina a bit I know he's asthmatic not sure if that has a bearing as many players are. What I am sure of he's popped up at the right time and scored the winner in 2 out of the last 3 games so that'll do for me.  
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 10, 2017, 5:36pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Looks like he struggles with stamina a bit I know he's asthmatic not sure if that has a bearing as many players are. What I am sure of he's popped up at the right time and scored the winner in 2 out of the last 3 games so that'll do for me.  

You're right, he does have asthma, maybe that's it.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 10, 2017, 6:15pm; Reply: 12
Looked to me like he was injured just before half time.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 11, 2017, 9:01am; Reply: 13
Mitch Rose was outstanding against Chesterfield in the first game, every since then, hes been ok, not done too much wrong, but not amazing
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 11, 2017, 9:10am; Reply: 14
I thought he complimented Summerfield on Saturday they looked a proper CM pairing and did a bit of allsorts but they did the main job of grafting and Rose grabbing the goal was the reward for them both.
Posted by: Mrbump53, December 11, 2017, 10:26am; Reply: 15
I thought he had picked up a knock during the first half as at times he was struggling and kept doing a lot of stretches whenever there was a break. Think he is a solid player but is being outshone by Summerfield (can’t believe I have just said that!). Still think he is needed as he does put in some good defensive work.
Posted by: Maringer, December 11, 2017, 10:26am; Reply: 16
I don't think his stamina seems to be particularly great and he tends to look knackered not long after half-time. How much of this has to do with his asthma, I'm not sure, but he ought to have the medication to keep this under control as he's a professional sportsman.

On the other hand, he's physically very strong which helps him to win challenges in midfield this also helps when we're defending set pieces. Not to mention the fact that he's scoring goals. A decent enough 4th Division midfielder, I suppose.
Posted by: oldun, December 11, 2017, 12:51pm; Reply: 17
I thought he starrted very well, but he was either being rather lazy, picked up a knock or was just plain knackered in the 2nd half couldn't work out which. He's been impressive since his return to the team after a good start.

He picked up some sort of muscle strain late in first half. Clearly wasn't right as the game wore on and when he came off the ice packs were straight onto his leg. Hope he is ok for the week end.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 11, 2017, 4:13pm; Reply: 18
One additional comment is why we didn't have a centre mid (Harry Clifton) on the bench for balance instead of having three strikers on there.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 11, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from MuddyWaters
One additional comment is why we didn't have a centre mid (Harry Clifton) on the bench for balance instead of having three strikers on there.

Not sure why such a negative response to this, seems more balance would be welcome can anyone think of an occasion when all 3 subs have been strikers?
Posted by: Maringer, December 11, 2017, 9:48pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Woolford came on in central midfield so perhaps Slade thinks he's OK to cover that role? Whether he is or not, I don't know. We'd given up midfield by the time he came on and were sitting deep so no way of saying one way or another.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 11, 2017, 10:08pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Maringer

Woolford came on in central midfield so perhaps Slade thinks he's OK to cover that role? Whether he is or not, I don't know. We'd given up midfield by the time he came on and were sitting deep so no way of saying one way or another.

When Cardwell & Vernon are on the bench together, RS will only use one or the other so it's effectively a waste of a seat. Saturday would have been an ideal opportunity to bring Harry on.
Posted by: Stew0_0, December 12, 2017, 11:35pm; Reply: 22
Saturday was the ideal game to bring on Cardwell for me. We needed to harry and harrass there keeper and defence in the last 25 minutes. Had Berrett been fit enough he would have been on the bench and maybe except carabao trophy slade doesnt think clifton ready yet for the league??
Posted by: hheh2, December 13, 2017, 5:12am; Reply: 23
Always new he was a quality signing, exactly what you need in midfield
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, December 13, 2017, 1:28pm; Reply: 24
I assume the long sleeved home shirt as worn by Mitch isn’t available to buy?
Posted by: oldun, December 13, 2017, 3:04pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Davec
Scored 4 so far this season, not bad considering for Mansfield he got 1 in 10

Just a matter of time before Luke Summerfield scores a screamer from midfield too. Sat would be a good time for him to do that
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, December 14, 2017, 9:57pm; Reply: 26
Decent interview with him on the os tbf. Love the no more Mr grumpy headline  :)
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:22am