Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 8, 2017, 12:23pm
Excellent article by bax/Paul Savage - well worth a read

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6535
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 8, 2017, 12:30pm; Reply: 1
Yes that`s as good an article as I have seen in a long time .Well done that man and I really hope ALL parties take the time to read that and take some notice.UTM
Posted by: moosey_club, December 8, 2017, 12:42pm; Reply: 2
Sensible words.  

One thing, it mentions canvassing in the New Year to see where the trust should go next...have they not just done that very recently ?
Posted by: bax, December 8, 2017, 1:19pm; Reply: 3
Thanks for the kind words.

We gave people the chance to come talk to us at an open meeting and we had about 20 people there. So if they won't come to us, we'll go them!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 8, 2017, 1:58pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from bax
Thanks for the kind words.

We gave people the chance to come talk to us at an open meeting and we had about 20 people there. So if they won't come to us, we'll go them!

No problem Paul - I think you have encapsulated the thoughts of many. What JF needs to understand is that many of us are not being critical of him as a person, just critical of how the club has been run and how the club is failing to connect with its' customers. Bizarrely, the thing that crossed my mind was the fact that the actions of other board members have shown that it's not just JF that isn't in touch with the fanbase.
Posted by: realist, December 8, 2017, 3:06pm; Reply: 5
I must say well done Paul. Hopefully with somebody who is engaged  with the mood of the fans as you are with some diplomacy thrown in you stand a good chance of changing things. I hope the board are receptive.
Posted by: HotToddy, December 8, 2017, 4:25pm; Reply: 6
Some might find this hard to believe. The vast majority of Town fans go to a game, support their team, go home.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 8, 2017, 4:47pm; Reply: 7
A good article Bax. Nicely judged and balanced without pulling any punches. Makes some good points. For me this is the standout one:

'There might not be an abundance of wealthy people willing to chuck money at the club, but there's certainly plenty of people with expertise and experience who have ideas and time to donate to help their club.'

I had a few other comments but in the spirit of the article I'll keep shtum  :)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 8, 2017, 4:52pm; Reply: 8
Sensible words there!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 8, 2017, 6:28pm; Reply: 9
Great article. I don't agree with it all, but it's really refreshing to see the Trust call the club out for some of it's nonsense. Gives me loads more confidence in the Trust.
I look forward to getting behind the team tomorrow as always.
Posted by: jock dock tower, December 8, 2017, 9:30pm; Reply: 10
In any organisation, the ability to communicate effectively is of the utmost importance. Folk may not like what's being said, but at least if they are involved somehow in this process - as is happening here - then they understand it, and generally accept it. Keep up the good work Bax.
Posted by: lukeo, December 9, 2017, 8:24am; Reply: 11
Brilliant read and love the honesty of it.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 9, 2017, 9:40am; Reply: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters

No problem Paul - I think you have encapsulated the thoughts of many. What JF needs to understand is that many of us are not being critical of him as a person, just critical of how the club has been run and how the club is failing to connect with its' customers. Bizarrely, the thing that crossed my mind was the fact that the actions of other board members have shown that it's not just JF that isn't in touch with the fanbase.

According to fenty PR is winning games so if we win today we appear not to have any such issues.
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 6:22am