Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, December 5, 2017, 11:28am
Is back at Blundell Park again on Saturday. I thought he did alright against Lincoln TBF. He's done a lot of cards this season though. https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/referee-watch--boyeson-in-charge
Posted by: Hagrid, December 5, 2017, 11:30am; Reply: 1
he doesnt like us, but he didnt have a bad game against lincoln, but there was nothing for him to do!!! get your money on a red
Posted by: ivanosandwich, December 5, 2017, 11:46am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Hagrid
he doesnt like us, but he didnt have a bad game against lincoln, but there was nothing for him to do!!! get your money on a red

He doesn’t like us?

I thought Grimsby were top of his Christmas card list.
Posted by: RichMariner, December 5, 2017, 12:21pm; Reply: 3
Hull fan to referee Grimsby game.

I thought there was a rule that stopped referees taking charge of games that occurred in their local area?

You know, how Clattenburg was never allowed to ref Sunderland or Middlesbrough because he was a Newcastle fan?
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 5, 2017, 12:25pm; Reply: 4
And Slade said at the forum how after getting the first 4/5 red cards how he'd asked for more experienced refs, so l assume he is happy or has raised concerns and the league have gone deaf.
Posted by: Skrill, December 5, 2017, 1:26pm; Reply: 5
As Slade would say, he's one of the baby referees.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 5, 2017, 2:44pm; Reply: 6
Did well v Lincoln. I know he had a shocker against us nearly a decade and a half ago but I've let it go!
Posted by: golfer, December 5, 2017, 4:37pm; Reply: 7
You've got more chance of getting a red card off ROB than him.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 6, 2017, 10:14am; Reply: 8
He's a bad ref. He is constantly blowing up for any contact and never lets the game flow. He is also card happy.
Posted by: EY Mariner, December 6, 2017, 11:46pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Hagrid

I did ahead of the Lincoln game and tipped it up to a few mates of mine who also like a punt. Costly error.

In all seriousness, though, I thought he was fine in that game, particularly given the scrutiny that was inevitably on him being put in charge of such a game.
Posted by: pizzzza, December 9, 2017, 6:46pm; Reply: 10
Couldn't fault Boyeson today nor against Lincoln either. Is he actually a decent referee?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 9, 2017, 6:56pm; Reply: 11
He just blows at every opportunity, which is annoying
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 9, 2017, 7:32pm; Reply: 12
He's dreadful. Imagine if a Town player had been sent off as cheaply as that. Constantly interrupting the game for any contact and hugely inconsistent.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 9, 2017, 7:49pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from headingly_mariner
He's dreadful. Imagine if a Town player had been sent off as cheaply as that. Constantly interrupting the game for any contact and hugely inconsistent.

He pulled down his man in the box!? How is that a cheap second yellow
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 9, 2017, 8:22pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Hagrid

It's a foul, the pen was punishment enough. It wasn't a cynical professional foul. To get booked for timewasting after 30 minutes and booked for a challenge like that 2 minutes later is extemely harsh.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 9, 2017, 8:24pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Hagrid

The first one was cheap the 2nd was a definite booking.
Posted by: Maringer, December 9, 2017, 8:37pm; Reply: 16
The first booking was a 'team' booking. Their keeper had wasted all sorts of time with his kicking and then when their defender faffed around with that throw, the booking eventually came for somebody.

As for Boyeson in general, the stats show there were 33 fouls given today. The actual number of fouls which were committed was probably closer to about half that amount!
Posted by: RoboCod, December 9, 2017, 10:19pm; Reply: 17
For anyone with an unclear view of the pen it's here:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFptbSc8Y6o[/url]

Shirt being pulled all the time and then a petulant shove, quite what Cooper saw on from the dugout,and on the blind side of this I don't know, Oh hang on, he's saying they've looked at it afterwards too. Expect to see some trouble coming his way for this..
"I was promised by the PGMOL (Professional Game Match Officials Board) that we would be getting an experienced, confident referee that would make no contentious issues. That’s not what we got.”

Not even sure what he means here “Brad Collins saved it, and then their man runs straight through the D, which is not allowed, which enables him to get a run on everybody else to tap it in so it should be pulled back."

Saw no complaints from them, He really is an expert on sour grapes is Mr Cooper.
Think we now accept Boyeson as a bog standard not-great ref rather than a Town hater though.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 9, 2017, 10:31pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from RoboCod
For anyone with an unclear view of the pen it's here:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFptbSc8Y6o[/url]

Shirt being pulled all the time and then a petulant shove, quite what Cooper saw on from the dugout,and on the blind side of this I don't know, Oh hang on, he's saying they've looked at it afterwards too. Expect to see some trouble coming his way for this..
"I was promised by the PGMOL (Professional Game Match Officials Board) that we would be getting an experienced, confident referee that would make no contentious issues. That’s not what we got.”

Not even sure what he means here “Brad Collins saved it, and then their man runs straight through the D, which is not allowed, which enables him to get a run on everybody else to tap it in so it should be pulled back."

Saw no complaints from them, He really is an expert on sour grapes is Mr Cooper.
Think we now accept Boyeson as a bog standard not-great ref rather than a Town hater though.

What he's not telling us is that when the penalty was awarded they had a man go down with a mystery injury clearly to delay the kick and unnerve the taker, it worked but Rosy was smarter than the lot of them :)
Posted by: GrimRob, December 9, 2017, 10:49pm; Reply: 19
A lot of refs would probably have left it at a pen and not given the second yellow. But he shouldn't have got booked so early in the game, and if he had shouldn't make a challenge like that.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 9, 2017, 11:36pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from GrimRob
A lot of refs would probably have left it at a pen and not given the second yellow. But he shouldn't have got booked so early in the game, and if he had shouldn't make a challenge like that.

The FGR players must have been under instructions to waste time whenever they could so a self-inflicted problem they brought on the themselves with the sending off

Getting booked for time-wasting after just over half an hour isn’t the norm I accept that but as someone who gets well annoyed with opposition delaying tactics, I have to applaud the ref today

When the same player then commits the foul in the box a few minutes later, then he got just what he deserved with the red card
Posted by: Meza, December 10, 2017, 10:54am; Reply: 21
Did anyone see the flying lunge by Coopers son?  He'd have been sent off if he connected with Rose.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 8:29am