Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, December 3, 2017, 9:26am
Just something a little different! Round about halfway through the season now, we've been up and down, as have the players, wondered what peoples thoughts are on who's been your player of the half year so far.  To start off with Thought macca had been very consistent but had made a few errors in the last few weeks but still dont think he's been bad at all, Collins at CB stood out, also popping up with goals at the other end, Dembele speaks for himself, but for me, and maybe not a popular choice Luke Summerfield, for a player to come back like he has, in the face of fierce opposition from fans, takes a lot of heart, you count up all the just back threads and see how many say he was MOM, so up to now he is mine
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 3, 2017, 9:31am; Reply: 1
Agree over the half season he has been very good
Posted by: Garth, December 3, 2017, 9:49am; Reply: 2
Can`t argue with that so far, might improve his chances somewhat if he could score a few goals though
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 3, 2017, 9:49am; Reply: 3
I like Summerfield, even last season I did 😳.

But the question is a difficult one. Siriki’s work rate is tremendous and a skillful little player. However at times Mckeown is an unsung hero.
Posted by: LH, December 3, 2017, 9:53am; Reply: 4
Luke Summerfield. No contest.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 3, 2017, 10:00am; Reply: 5
Summers for me been a joy to watch
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 3, 2017, 10:04am; Reply: 6
Definitely Summerfield.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 3, 2017, 10:19am; Reply: 7
For me there is a group of Collins, Jones, Dembele Summerfield and in recent weeks Ben Davis, but for me Summers is the one that stands out as half POTY.
Posted by: H19P1, December 3, 2017, 10:22am; Reply: 8
Without any doubt it's Luke all the way. A few close second but he gets my vote
Posted by: jimgtfc, December 3, 2017, 11:01am; Reply: 9
Toss up between Summerfield and Dembele for me. Luke really has come back from dead this season, we all thought his gtfc career was over but he’s been tremendous and I love his passion and desire. Siriki is often worth the entrance fee alone with some of his moves and tricks, he gets people off their seats and it’s not very often we get those sort of players at BP. Interesting to see how the second half of the season will pan out.

Nice to talk about the football again!
Posted by: Fat Cobra, December 3, 2017, 11:13am; Reply: 10
Ahkeem Rose
Posted by: davmariner, December 3, 2017, 11:29am; Reply: 11
Has to be Summerfield. Dembele has done ok so far and has only really started to perform in the last few games. Summerfield has been consistently 7/10 +.
Posted by: toontown, December 3, 2017, 11:38am; Reply: 12
Dembele for me, so entertaining and full of trickery as well as having a good work rate. Don't think we utilise him as well as we could.
Summerfield probably second place and undoubtedly most improved player.
Posted by: Grimal, December 3, 2017, 12:03pm; Reply: 13
Luke Summerfield for me, a player rated as not good enough last season comes back from loan at Macclesfield and proves everyone wrong that doubted his ability. Some of his play this season has been a joy to watch, keep it up for the second half of the season Luke and you will win Player of the year. UTM.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 3, 2017, 2:00pm; Reply: 14
Tony crane

We've got the best team in the land
Posted by: golfer, December 3, 2017, 4:14pm; Reply: 15
Lost his confidence last year-got it back when he went out on loan. Always shouting out instructions  and using his experience-most vociferous player in the team-should be captain Luke Summerfield by a mile
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 3, 2017, 4:17pm; Reply: 16
At this point its got to be Summerfield, he's a different player, Dembele is great and makes it a difficult decision but Summerfields overall improvement is just too good to ignore
Posted by: TAGG, December 3, 2017, 6:31pm; Reply: 17
Summerfield

I was one that gave him a little bit but he has been our stand out player game on game.
Posted by: Kris2, December 3, 2017, 6:39pm; Reply: 18
I admire Comrade Summerfield's persistence, it would have been easy to give up after getting criticism last season and going out on loan but he's come back this season and fought for a place in the team. Found him a bit Jekyll and Hyde last season, one game he'd be fantastic but the next he could make a bad mistake that cost us a goal by giving the ball away.

Comrade Collins has been consistent since the start and one of our best signings last season, his experience shines in his positioning and he's contributed goals too making him an asset and of course Comrade Dembele is a young player on the up along with Comrade DJ and I think that there is a lot more to come from both of them.

Comrade Summerfield for me though just for the fact he's fixed a lot of the inconsistency he had last season and has been a much better player this season.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 3, 2017, 6:49pm; Reply: 19
Summerfield or Collins for me....but i expect Mills to make a push for it from now on.
Posted by: Skrill, December 3, 2017, 7:48pm; Reply: 20
Summerfield most definitely, however Ben Davies has been very consistent and credit to him playing in an unfamiliar position at left-back.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 3, 2017, 10:29pm; Reply: 21
Summerfield
Posted by: barralad, December 4, 2017, 6:55am; Reply: 22
Summerfield
Posted by: Grumps, December 4, 2017, 8:44am; Reply: 23
Summerfield
Posted by: denni266, December 4, 2017, 8:48am; Reply: 24
one of the most improved players for decades . proved a few of us wrong  me included,, so far it has to be  Summerfield
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 4, 2017, 9:09am; Reply: 25
Summerfield or Hoddle as we like to call him this season ;D
Posted by: sam gy, December 4, 2017, 10:10am; Reply: 26
Summerfield.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 4, 2017, 10:25am; Reply: 27
Summerfield, although I'm not sure which half of him.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 4, 2017, 10:27am; Reply: 28
Dembele
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 4, 2017, 1:15pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Summerfield or Hoddle as we like to call him this season ;D

More Hoddle than O’Dell I’ll give you that 1ML  ;)
Posted by: SteveHessle, December 4, 2017, 2:27pm; Reply: 30
Has to be Summerfield. Not seen such an improvement in a player in my 47 seasons.
Posted by: LH, December 4, 2017, 2:56pm; Reply: 31
I remember the second season Rob Jones was a lot better than the first season one. It has seemed to work in opposition for us in the past when a player (usually on loan) is brilliant to begin with and then hopeless when they sign permanently. Well done to Summerfield for bucking that trend.
Posted by: Zmariner, December 4, 2017, 6:17pm; Reply: 32
Luke Summerfield for me, even in a poor show he is always the best
Posted by: Davec, December 9, 2017, 6:37am; Reply: 33
Summerfield for me. He has gone from mainly being limited to appearances of the bench at Macclesfield to one of the first names on the teamsheet for us. Whilst he's always been capable of some really good performances, last season he was very inconsistent, 8/10 performance one week followed up by a 5/10 the following week but now he is much more consistent. Always looks to set a tempo and pass forward, always gets in a position where he wants the ball instead of hiding. What I respected last season was that regardless how bad a game he's having he was still always wanting the ball. Many fans including myself have changed their opinion on him.

Did Summerfield bully us to do that ;)
Posted by: Meza, December 9, 2017, 7:31am; Reply: 34
Ive rated Summerfield from the start and was gutted when he went out on loan.  I hope he wins many awards.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 6:01am