Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ginnywings, November 20, 2017, 7:43pm
On Saturday , my brother, who has a way with words, referred to Slade as Poundshop Pulis, which made me laugh like fook.

Pulis just been sacked, here's hoping..................
Posted by: Abdul19, November 20, 2017, 7:46pm; Reply: 1
The fact that the caretaker is Gary Megson amuses me greatly.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 20, 2017, 7:51pm; Reply: 2
Hoof ball tends not to work anymore  at any level
Posted by: Ashby mariner, November 20, 2017, 8:13pm; Reply: 3
WBA have spent a lot this year compared to normal and where probably hoping to be mid table or above. No doubt pulis will turn up again when another team presses the panic button again soon.
Posted by: toontown, November 21, 2017, 12:00am; Reply: 4
on radio 5 today it was talking about the sacking and mentioned that some clubs fans have less tolerance for long ball tactics than others and are quicker to turn if results are not good and that style is played. i would agree with that and say the relatively long period(s) of time with Buckley as manager mean lots of our fans have less patience for that shite, so we are one of those clubs.
Having been brought up (in a footballing sense) on Buckley mk1 i would always prefer us to play on the deck, i dont have much time for long ball merchants.
Funny enough tho slade's first season he played some very entertaining stuff and i preferred watching them to the second season team that did better results wise.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 21, 2017, 11:04am; Reply: 5
Didn't we try to get him in as manager a few years ago?
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 1:22am