Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, November 20, 2017, 3:12pm
That's finding all this mr fenty bashing a little tedious. Think we all need to take a chill pill and wait to see what is in the offering, something big in my opinion is about to break cause there is not a cat and hells chance the chap is going to sit in front of all our snarling faces if there was not something to counter it with. I await the red crosses
Posted by: friskneymariner, November 20, 2017, 3:13pm; Reply: 1
Thing is been waitin for over 10 years.
Posted by: RoboCod, November 20, 2017, 3:34pm; Reply: 2
Fenty bashing? I'm still reeling over last weeks embarrassing, desperate and amateurish post by the guy. I've bumped along for the last 10+ years with the club being dragged along by him and sometimes been critical and sometimes appreciative of his efforts but that post was too much.
Other people looking in on this forum more than likely think we've been duped by a troll, wondering how we could fall for a post supposedly made by a grown up and succesful businessman, or possibly waiting for Spoony to claim he's pranked us.

Whether a 'big thing ' is on the way or not he's acted like an idiot.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 20, 2017, 3:39pm; Reply: 3
I don't recall there being any big items of news broken at any of the previous Fans' Forums COP, so it'd be a first. Forgive me if I don't wait.
Posted by: sackthemascot, November 20, 2017, 3:39pm; Reply: 4
I'm expecting some new stadium news to paper over the cracks.
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 20, 2017, 3:43pm; Reply: 5
Am old enough to remember, witth affection, Paddy Hamilton at the helm of the club. He was in charge at our previous darkest hour when we had to apply for re-election to the Football League (this was long before automatic relegation to the Conference)

He bought in dynamic new blood as a manager, Lawrie McMenemy and the rest is history. Exciting football, large crowds, the whole community getting involved with the club, skippers sending in telegrams before big games wishing the club good luck, factory tours and going "down dock" at 6am to meet all those engaged in the fish markets bought a real sense of belonging for the club.

I'm not dewy eyed to believe anything like that could happen again but in terms of engagement with Joe Public it's chalk and cheese, unfortunately.
Posted by: cannylad68, November 20, 2017, 4:22pm; Reply: 6
Good days.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 20, 2017, 4:34pm; Reply: 7
I think he's going to sit in front of snarling faces and throw out guff like " in it together" and football-guff like "we go again".
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 20, 2017, 6:09pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Abdul19
I think he's going to sit in front of snarling faces and throw out guff like " in it together" and football-guff like "we go again".

I'm sure they're 'working hard on the training ground' though, they're 'a good set of lads' and we need to 'kickstart our season'.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 20, 2017, 6:30pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Abdul19

He's already stated he is game to 10 rounds with anyone and give as good as he gets.
Posted by: Mariner93er, November 20, 2017, 6:38pm; Reply: 10
A few weeks ago I thought the same whenever a thread about fenty appeared. I even defended him in the days after bragate for not doing an immediate statement, as it seemed logically that the club would take their time to produce a statement on such a sensitive subject. Clearly I was a mug, as logic clearly doesn't exist within the gtfc hierarchy, and here we are weeks later with silence. It's opened my eyes, and I can no longer defender our non chairman. I've now gone to the opposite end of the scale. Waiting to see how things develop led me to watching us play hayes and heading, and it'll do the same again. The club's rotten to the core, and we'll remain moaning on here in 5 years time if we keep going to games and occasionally grumbling about the situation.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 20, 2017, 6:42pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from sackthemascot
I'm expecting some new stadium news to paper over the cracks.

My thoughts exactly or rather more stadium progress news that won't actually come to anything once the meeting is over!

In other words deception by bullshit - again

Posted by: Garth, November 20, 2017, 6:46pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Abdul19

Take it you won`t be there then
Posted by: Abdul19, November 20, 2017, 8:02pm; Reply: 13
Probably not, but it's impressive detective work that you worked that out based on me only predicting rather than knowing something in the future!
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:07am