Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /    /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 11, 2017, 10:19pm
If I had any questions I could ring him,

So if you want me to ask him anything reasonable on your behalf  please tell me on here and I will do my best to get you an answer.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 11, 2017, 10:24pm; Reply: 1
Why has the club not made a statement on EFL findings re Bragate :)
Posted by: LH, November 11, 2017, 10:25pm; Reply: 2
Can you ask him why he hasn’t blocked your number yet please, Pete?
Posted by: penrith mariner, November 11, 2017, 10:28pm; Reply: 3
I think this thread should be kept to sensible questions only
Posted by: friskneymariner, November 11, 2017, 10:38pm; Reply: 4
Is he happy with the current situation.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 11, 2017, 10:47pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from penrith mariner
I think this thread should be kept to sensible questions only

Agreed,, what's the chances at the minute of the new stadium happening percentage wise ?

Sensative information wouldn't be compromised by answering this simple question.
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 11, 2017, 10:47pm; Reply: 6
Are there plans to strengthen the squad in January?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 11, 2017, 10:51pm; Reply: 7
I think Madeley's question is a good one.
Posted by: Bigdog, November 11, 2017, 10:54pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete
If I had any questions I could ring him,

So if you want me to ask him anything reasonable on your behalf  please tell me on here and I will do my best to get you an answer.

I know you mean well Pete and are GTFC through and through but..

It's got to the stage where I don't care what JF has to say on any matter any more. It's based on his and the club's performance and actions day by day, week by week, month by month and year by long effing year...

For all our sakes I just want him to leave the club, especially after "bullygate" this week. He is the root cause of everything that is wrong. He's the one that's made the decisions..

A fresh start is what is needed and I couldn't stand another instance of his ineptitude or another single word of his bullshitt..

Asking him a string of questions isn't going to make an ounce of difference to our plight..
Posted by: Skrill, November 11, 2017, 10:55pm; Reply: 9
Situation of the new Stadium
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 11, 2017, 10:56pm; Reply: 10
How much will he sell his controlling interest for?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 11, 2017, 11:00pm; Reply: 11
Pete,

Here goes,

1. Has RS been tasked with getting the wage bill down? and is this the only way he can bring better talent into the club in Jan

2 What role does Ian Flemming play in the club?

3 Who makes the stupid decisions about ticket sales e/g. Donny Rovers away last season etc.. etc..

4 Why are we not doing anything more to lift engagement at the club, what has happened to the spirit of Operation Promotion, #wegoagain, sticker books, kids for a quid etc.. etc...

5 Why do we lack imagination? Could we not have taken a temp lease at the imp and opened it on game days as a fans hub and away days like today to show games to people who cant travel?

6 Who sanctions tings like the recent drummers, choir in the Osmond etc...? as they add nothing to the experience

7 What is the situation with Akeem Roses's paperwork and who is accountable for this?

8 The new stadium - SPECIFICALLY WHEN AND HOW? when will all the smoke screen and mirrors bollox stop

9 Extreme - are they still on board and considering they have not landed a project like this before what expertise do they bring

10 Do the members of your family who come on here pay for their tickets to BP?

All of the above took me about 2 minutes to think about, given time there would be lots more.  

See didn't even mention recent results, MB, The EFL trophy, Bra Gate, the departure of Podge, Shaun, Nathan and the last 3 POTY's.

BTW I don't particularly want JF or RS out I just want them to get people energized on and off the pitch and do better for us all
Posted by: moosey_club, November 11, 2017, 11:17pm; Reply: 12
Do you walk away from the vast majority of games thinking... wow...we are onto something here ?
Posted by: TAGG, November 11, 2017, 11:23pm; Reply: 13
Mr Fenty do you think your tenure at the head of the club has been a success and have you taken the club forward???
Posted by: sydney, November 11, 2017, 11:30pm; Reply: 14
Can we make an effort to bring back a gtfc player or two
The three mentioned above in previous post are good starts

Is he concerned about the seemingly lack of skill and passion from the current team

Is Slade under threat if results / performances / league position / attendances don’t improve
Posted by: Harry Haddock, November 12, 2017, 12:47am; Reply: 15
Pete, why the misleading titles ?

Do you work for a newpaper by any chance ? :)

The other week it was "John Fenty talks about Stevenage"

Yet both times JF hasn't said anything. I think we'd all like to hear JF's opinions on a number of matters but can we keep the titles less confusing
Posted by: RexFannies, November 12, 2017, 1:50am; Reply: 16
Has he just got rather fed up with it all? How many hours a week does he commit to the club
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), November 12, 2017, 7:12am; Reply: 17
I should imagine he puts a lot of hours in, an awful lot, it's also a pretty thankless role to take on to be fair.  That's where my sympathy ends though, he makes all the key decisions at the club and consistently gets them wrong.  The sad thing is that he can't seem to see the damage he's done and continues  to do.

There was a time when GTFC was, after my family, the most important thing in my life, the spells in between games were just an opportunity to plan for the next game.  A chance to scour the papers for news, a football talk at the pub.  The current spell between my last and next game is almost 3 years, enthusiasm which I thought was on a short vacation has disappeared.  Perhaps I've just fallen out of love with the game, perhaps with time other things take precedence.  I'm not really sure what it is, but what I do know is this, while Fenty continues at the club I won't be back.  I speak only for myself but I doubt I'm in a minority of one.  RIP GTFC, the love has gone but the memories of life before Fenty live on.
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 12, 2017, 8:33am; Reply: 18
Do you have your own private toilet in the findus stand or do you Que for half an hour on a stairwell in dangerous conditions like the rest of US ?
Posted by: GrimExile, November 12, 2017, 8:38am; Reply: 19
I don’t doubt that even John Fenty will admit that mistakes have been made in the past, we’re human beings and we all make mistakes. Having said that I think it’s unfair on him to suggest he should leave because if it wasn’t for JF and his money, we probably wouldn’t have a club. He is on record in saying that he would sell his shares tomorrow if the right buyer with the right funds stepped in. But where do you find a millionaire that will do that? They don’t grow on trees. Therefore what I am saying is we should support JF because he’s all we’ve got keeping our great club afloat and not slate him when realistically there are currently no oother options.

Rant over!!!
Posted by: Freemoash88, November 12, 2017, 8:41am; Reply: 20
1) The football is terrible John don't you agree?
2) Can we employ a PR/ Spokesperson to the club to handle all interviews regarding off the field activities.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 12, 2017, 8:47am; Reply: 21
Quoted from GrimExile
I don’t doubt that even John Fenty will admit that mistakes have been made in the past, we’re human beings and we all make mistakes. Having said that I think it’s unfair on him to suggest he should leave because if it wasn’t for JF and his money, we probably wouldn’t have a club. He is on record in saying that he would sell his shares tomorrow if the right buyer with the right funds stepped in. But where do you find a millionaire that will do that? They don’t grow on trees. Therefore what I am saying is we should support JF because he’s all we’ve got keeping our great club afloat and not slate him when realistically there are currently no oother options.

Rant over!!!

So we should just accept that our club is going to fester under the current regime because the great leader has hamstrung the club into a situation where he is in complete control?
In case you aren't aware, we are in 15th place in the league with a manager whose brand of football is the perfect cure for insomnia, falling gates, a terrible ground and a toxic atmosphere. Where's the new investment going to come from? There aren't any other options, you're right, because no one would want this pile of crap.
Posted by: mariner83, November 12, 2017, 8:54am; Reply: 22
How can a price increase for next season be justified based on the majority of performances this season?
Posted by: Bigdog, November 12, 2017, 9:13am; Reply: 23
Quoted from GrimExile

Rant over!!!

Yep.. No mention of the £1m plus GIVEN to the club by MP, the Trust and OP in recent years which dwarfs anything JF has put in that more recent period. That amount of money has gone a long way to keeping the club afloat too..

If he's on record in saying he would sell his shares tomorrow if the right buyer came along, then as the major shareholder, he should put the club up for sale properly and advertise the fact for the whole world to see, not just go through his own personal book of contacts..

If you want to sell your car, you polish it up and advertise it on Autotrader, not just park it outside your house without a for sale sign and hope someone knocks on your front door and asks if it's for sale..
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 12, 2017, 9:18am; Reply: 24
I accept that football fans are very fickle & that we are, more then ever, in a results based era where every defeat is analysed to death on social media. However, that said, there is no doubt the quality of football on offer from GTFC at present, & the fact that only goals at Port Vale, have stopped us having blank Saturdays for two continuous months, is starting to drive a real wedge between the Club & fans.

Despite our inconsistencies last season we regularly had updates on our away support and how we averaged around 25% of home attendances at away games. I know we have had some long trips lately but I suspect away support, like that at home has fallen rapidly reflecting the current apathy.

Despite all Bignot's crazy selections and apparent player disagreements I feel, as others have said, the "masterplan" was along the right lines & Managing GTFC was a project that may take 2 to years to bear fruit. I feel MB needed a mentor not the sack but thats history so let us move on.

At the end of the 2015/16 season as Town returned to the EFL over here Lincoln were in tatters, Moyes had failed, crowds below 200 and the bank calling in outstanding loans. The Chairman used his Business contacts to bring in fresh investment from South Africa, they make the right managerial appointments and the turnaround in income, interest and the team has mushroomed from there.

This demonstrates two key facts, firstly, there are people out there willing to invest in unachieving football clubs & the importance that goes with appointing the right Manager. I know there is another thread about who the next Manager should be and I also accept that a continuous change of Manager is normally unhealthy, Chelsea excepted cos of their cash, for the success of a club. However, I have to acknowledge the anti-slate feeling amongst town fans is much deeper then I thought and he has not helped this relationship with his poor signings, team selections and tactics.

Like a number on this forum, despite a lack of real quality, I believe we have other players within the squad who if selected would give us more pace, more options and more goals. We may lose more games but IMO we would also win more and hopefully add a little excitement & entertainment along the way. I did not expect to get promoted or even the play offs when we returned to the EFL, and I don't expect us to win every game but I did think we would be in for some much better quality games to watch especially at home. Disappointingly, the mantra for this season at least is to keep what you have and we have not seen a good game or team at BP this season (missed the Wycombe goal spree!!).

I cannot see Slade changing his approach so it appears that we are at an impasse as I cannot see JF pulling the trigger on him either. We need change and the quickest, & most financially viable, one is for Slade to change his approach/tactics particularly in home games, if not I think the 3000 die hards will be all we have and the morgue that is now BP will fail to get the life injection required.

JF should also be actively seeking other investment as without his dream of the new Stadium will fail to reach fruition as the Club's support will have drifted away and frankly not enough will care. We need change, we know the right change will get a positive response but JF like Eliot Short at Sunderland has to realise without it the club will soon be in free fall.

On another note our one outside hope of goals, Asante, has not scored yet for the Moors so it appears he may not be the Christmas present we town fans hoped for!!
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), November 12, 2017, 9:31am; Reply: 25
Firstly,

It would appear, please correct me if I am wrong, that you are not in a position financially to take the Club forward. To that end, are you active looking at other options for outside investments and/or the potential sale of the Club?

Secondly,

Why does the Club insist on seperating itself from the fans? Looking back at Operation Promotion when it appeared that ‘we were in this together’, that ethos has been shattered and I can’t remember the Club any further separated from the Fanbase that what it is now. PR has also been appalling and excluded the fans, along with missing several opportunities on the way. For the Club to be a success, the fans, trust, Club and Team need to be ‘as one’. How do you intend taking us there?
Posted by: RoboCod, November 12, 2017, 9:47am; Reply: 26
Despite all Bignot's crazy selections and apparent player disagreements I feel, as others have said, the "masterplan" was along the right lines & Managing GTFC was a project that may take 2 to years to bear fruit. I feel MB needed a mentor not the sack but thats history so let us move on.

This is the best point I've come across, very well put. It's a shame that the nature of message boards is one of polarising a view, to defend Bignot is taken as backing him to the hilt, that you were 100% confident in him etc while anyone with the opposite opinion simply labels him as a clown who somehow got into football. The truth is somewhere in the middle and it's a good point to make that Bignot's long term plan was exactly what was needed.
It all seems a bit hurried and muddled under Slade, certainly not long term thinking and that leads to the point I'd like to make to Mr Fenty; is Russel Slade subject to the same time scale/league position ratio as Bignot?

I doubt there'll be a satisfactory answer given, indeed maybe such things should stay confidential but I hope Slade is under no illusions that the same criteria applies to him as Bignot and better displays and points tallies must improve by the New Year or he's gone. Good new managers don't just suddenly become available in the close season, I hope we are actively monitoring the available managers list and are ready to potentially hire at any time.
Posted by: pontoonlew, November 12, 2017, 10:03am; Reply: 27
Quoted from RoboCod

This is the best point I've come across, very well put. It's a shame that the nature of message boards is one of polarising a view, to defend Bignot is taken as backing him to the hilt, that you were 100% confident in him etc while anyone with the opposite opinion simply labels him as a clown who somehow got into football. The truth is somewhere in the middle and it's a good point to make that Bignot's long term plan was exactly what was needed.
It all seems a bit hurried and muddled under Slade, certainly not long term thinking and that leads to the point I'd like to make to Mr Fenty; is Russel Slade subject to the same time scale/league position ratio as Bignot?

I doubt there'll be a satisfactory answer given, indeed maybe such things should stay confidential but I hope Slade is under no illusions that the same criteria applies to him as Bignot and better displays and points tallies must improve by the New Year or he's gone. Good new managers don't just suddenly become available in the close season, I hope we are actively monitoring the available managers list and are ready to potentially hire at any time.

I'm sorry but Bignot got slated by what must have been 90% of this forum and now all of a sudden he was onto something?
Posted by: RoboCod, November 12, 2017, 10:07am; Reply: 28
Quoted from pontoonlew

I'm sorry but Bignot got slated by what must have been 90% of this forum and now all of a sudden he was onto something?

Yes? Possibly? And certainly not 90%, re-read what I said, and Lincoln Mariner re the long term thinking. The plan, though not neccessarily the management setup at the time.
Posted by: heppy88, November 12, 2017, 10:25am; Reply: 29
This thread, like so many on the Fishy over the last weeks and months, makes for sad reading. Not because we are all bullies who like to inject poison into OUR club. But, because the majority of what is written is true and just!
It’s sad because you realise what a mess our club has become, on and off the field.

We all lived in hope after the success of operation promotion, I certainly did. But instead of capitalising on that hope it has been dismantled. I was always saddened that the club board never really celebrated operation promotion and all that the fans did to help bring success and place the town and club in the public spotlight. I firmly believe, rightly or wrongly, that part of that was Fenty's dismay, because he wanted TOTAL credit for achieving promotion.

Some of you who have read my posts here on the Fishy and in the Telegraph, know that I have tried to Champion the new stadium. I firmly believe Fenty wants this to happen, as he does care for the club. But overriding this, he will take the plaudits for bringing this to fruition. Unfortunately, although ever the stadium optimist, I now wonder if it will ever happen. I’ve tried remaining patient and positive, but doubt is now creeping in! Regardless of anything else mentioned elsewhere, on this single issue, if the stadium is not delivered as planned, then Fenty MUST leave. He must also leave without a penny from OUR club or potential investor, as the money he would have wasted (if not delivered) on his pet project, would far outweigh his outstanding loans.

The club and its fans are bigger than one man. We need to believe change, although never easy, IS possible and that GTFC can be a GREAT club once again. UTMM!!!
Posted by: Bigdog, November 12, 2017, 10:31am; Reply: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So we should just accept that our club is going to fester under the current regime because the great leader has hamstrung the club into a situation where he is in complete control?
In case you aren't aware, we are in 15th place in the league with a manager whose brand of football is the perfect cure for insomnia, falling gates, a terrible ground and a toxic atmosphere. Where's the new investment going to come from? There aren't any other options, you're right, because no one would want this pile of crap.

In one sense OC you're right. When you look at where we are, it's easy to say who would want this pile of crap and that could be the absolute truth.

But alternatively we could be viewed as a decent prospect that could easily be turned around by a confident and able investor with a bit of nous and a reasonable wad of cash. It's actually easier to make a discernible difference to an entity that is not working well and hitting rock bottom rather than trying to add value to something that is being well run and already nearly maximising its potential. There's a lot of teams higher up the leagues than us that were in a much worse state than where we are now not so many years ago.

Taking the loans out of the equation, the potential for a new stadium in the offing and how the fans with a great many plaudits stayed together in non-league, we could be looked at as a viable proposition to be turned around. Let's not be too hard ourselves..
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 12, 2017, 10:49am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Bigdog

In one sense OC you're right. When you look at where we are, it's easy to say who would want this pile of crap and that could be the absolute truth.

But alternatively we could be viewed as a decent prospect that could easily be turned around by a confident and able investor with a bit of nous and a reasonable wad of cash. It's actually easier to make a discernible difference to an entity that is not working well and hitting rock bottom rather than trying to add value to something that is being well run and already nearly maximising its potential. There's a lot of teams higher up the leagues than us that were in a much worse state than where we are now not so many years ago.

Taking the loans out of the equation, the potential for a new stadium in the offing and how the fans with a great many plaudits stayed together in non-league, we could be looked at as a viable proposition to be turned around. Let's not be too hard ourselves..

Of course, you are absolutely right. But you hit the nail on the head, you've got to take the loans out of the equation, something that someone isn't prepared to do.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 12, 2017, 10:57am; Reply: 32
Ask him what on earth he was thinking appointing a manager who's career was in freefall and not in any way was what we needed.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 12, 2017, 11:05am; Reply: 33
Right I think I have more then enough questions to ask,

Some of them I wont if you don't mind,

I will ring tomorrow ( Monday ) after I have charged my phone and got a lot more credit on it,

LH  We will find out tomorrow if he has blocked my number  ;)
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, November 12, 2017, 11:26am; Reply: 34
So are you going to let us know everything that's said or just the bits Fenty wants us to hear?
Posted by: mariner91, November 12, 2017, 11:34am; Reply: 35
Quoted from RoboCod

Yes? Possibly? And certainly not 90%, re-read what I said, and Lincoln Mariner re the long term thinking. The plan, though not neccessarily the management setup at the time.

There needed to be some sort of plan going forward and the state of the club on and off the pitch was not an easy fix to make us competitive in the FL. But Bignot was the not the right man to formulate and execute that plan. Slade isn't either. The real issue is that we've made one good managerial appointment this century, one out of eleven. Would anyone trust this board to get it right this time?
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 12, 2017, 11:35am; Reply: 36
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
So are you going to let us know everything that's said or just the bits Fenty wants us to hear?

I will report back with the answers if John will answer them.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 12, 2017, 11:59am; Reply: 37
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Ask him what on earth he was thinking appointing a manager who's career was in freefall and not in any way was what we needed.

Why you surprised Neil woods was given the job on the back of a disastrous run
Posted by: TAGG, November 12, 2017, 12:02pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from GrimExile

Rant over!!!

Biggest load of balderdash I've seen on here for donkeys.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 12, 2017, 12:06pm; Reply: 39
How much does it need to to buy our non chairman  out ?

And when appointing a manager Mr fenty should be nowhere near the process , he stumbled on Hurst as Scott left , he appointed neil woods Mike newell and lets not forget nicky law and  now Russell slade .

He oversaw us in non league football for six years , His pr is a shambles as is relationships with investors.

So in his tenure and his managerial appointments tend to be disasters  ..just wish we could have a fresh modern input top to bottom.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 12, 2017, 12:59pm; Reply: 40
Grimsbypete, are you the non elected spokesperson for the fishy all of a sudden? Why do you think its down to you? What on earth do you do in your spare time other than think of misleading thread titles for the fishy and reasons to contact Mr Fenty.
Posted by: sonik, November 12, 2017, 1:07pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Pete,

Here goes,

1. Has RS been tasked with getting the wage bill down? and is this the only way he can bring better talent into the club in Jan

2 What role does Ian Flemming play in the club?

3 Who makes the stupid decisions about ticket sales e/g. Donny Rovers away last season etc.. etc..

4 Why are we not doing anything more to lift engagement at the club, what has happened to the spirit of Operation Promotion, #wegoagain, sticker books, kids for a quid etc.. etc...

5 Why do we lack imagination? Could we not have taken a temp lease at the imp and opened it on game days as a fans hub and away days like today to show games to people who cant travel?

6 Who sanctions tings like the recent drummers, choir in the Osmond etc...? as they add nothing to the experience

7 What is the situation with Akeem Roses's paperwork and who is accountable for this?

8 The new stadium - SPECIFICALLY WHEN AND HOW? when will all the smoke screen and mirrors bollox stop

9 Extreme - are they still on board and considering they have not landed a project like this before what expertise do they bring

10 Do the members of your family who come on here pay for their tickets to BP?

All of the above took me about 2 minutes to think about, given time there would be lots more.  

See didn't even mention recent results, MB, The EFL trophy, Bra Gate, the departure of Podge, Shaun, Nathan and the last 3 POTY's.

BTW I don't particularly want JF or RS out I just want them to get people energized on and off the pitch and do better for us all

Bold and underlined to make it clear that YES we brothers pay for our season tickets. Save time in asking John the question Pete! That's if he's got time to answer all that may be asked.

UTM!

Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 12, 2017, 1:17pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
Grimsbypete, are you the non elected spokesperson for the fishy all of a sudden? Why do you think its down to you? What on earth do you do in your spare time other than think of misleading thread titles for the fishy and reasons to contact Mr Fenty.

We're all non elected spokespersons on here are we not? ;)
Posted by: LeeVanCleef, November 12, 2017, 1:18pm; Reply: 43
I’d like to know what it would cost for John to leave the club.

How much does he value his own personal stake in the club.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 12, 2017, 2:24pm; Reply: 44

Fishy fishtails you have 27 posts to your name and you have used more than a fair share of them to have a go at me,

You are not another Fenty family member are you ?

I WAS TOLD BY JOHN I COULD RING HIM ANYTIME IF I HAD ANY QUESTIONS

Is that alright with you ?

I have his mobile number but I think its best I keep it to myself rather than broadcast it on here.

Fans are a bit drunk off on here at the moment with bad PR and poor uninteresting football,

If I can smooth the waters a touch so we all feel as one which we don't at the moment then if will be worth it,

Or do you disagree with that also ?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 12, 2017, 2:41pm; Reply: 45
All very honarable Pete and I admire your concern imensely but Fenty must be or should be aware of all these points.

For instance the trust seem to have strong views and rightly so imho regarding Bragate.

Fenty/GTFC seem reluctant to get involved hoping it will just go away.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 12, 2017, 2:44pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from sonik

Bold and underlined to make it clear that YES we brothers pay for our season tickets. Save time in asking John the question Pete! That's if he's got time to answer all that may be asked.

UTM!

That was one question I was not going to ask him Sonik,

What I am trying to do is put a bit of humour and good feeling back on the fishy because as you can see there are a lot of unhappy posters at the moment.

Hopefully with John's answers the Fishy folk might feel a bit more part of the club rather than its them and us.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 12, 2017, 2:57pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from grimsby pete

Fishy fishtails you have 27 posts to your name and you have used more than a fair share of them to have a go at me,

I have his mobile number but I think its best I keep it to myself rather than broadcast it on here.

Fans are a bit drunk off on here at the moment with bad PR and poor uninteresting football,

If I can smooth the waters a touch so we all feel as one which we don't at the moment then if will be worth it,

Pete I get what your doing but in reality is The Fishy a representative barometer of how GTFC fans feel? A lot of posters believe that this board is a consultative body rather than a forum board, just saying.

Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 12, 2017, 3:32pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from grimsby pete

You have his number Pete, we all know that, you broadcast that often enough! And you are not doing any of this to smooth things either, it's clear you are doing this to antagonise others.
I don't see how the number of posts I have made on here are relevant and you say I have used them to have a go at you? Without looking at your daily quota I can guess that yours are mostly aimed at Mr Fenty.
IF you are that bothered about GTFC then come to a game or 2 rather than sit behind your keyboard 24/7 writing misleading thread titles on a football forum!
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 12, 2017, 3:34pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We're all non elected spokespersons on here are we not? ;)

Well, yes we are, but not all of us think it's our god given right to ring the chairman up and ask him a load of questions that we have gathered from the fishy.  :)
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 12, 2017, 3:38pm; Reply: 50

You have his number Pete, we all know that, you broadcast that often enough! And you are not doing any of this to smooth things either, it's clear you are doing this to antagonise others.
I don't see how the number of posts I have made on here are relevant and you say I have used them to have a go at you? Without looking at your daily quota I can guess that yours are mostly aimed at Mr Fenty.
IF you are that bothered about GTFC then come to a game or 2 rather than sit behind your keyboard 24/7 writing misleading thread titles on a football forum!

Fair answer.

But you didn’t answer the first question did you.

So I’ll expand it slightly.

Are you related to, or in the same social circle as John Fenty ??
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 12, 2017, 3:47pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Civvy at last

Fair answer.

But you didn’t answer the first question did you.

So I’ll expand it slightly.

Are you related to, or in the same social circle as John Fenty ??

Sorry, apologies, that was an error and not intentional, Not related and not in the same social circle either.

Posted by: Garth, November 12, 2017, 4:27pm; Reply: 52
With respect Pete the questions asked on here should be the responsibility of the Trust to put to JF on our behalf,  due to their official relationship with our non chairman. just saying like.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 12, 2017, 4:44pm; Reply: 53
Oh FFS. If JF gave Pete his number and invited him to ring him, and if Pete wants to take him up on it, why should other people get their knickers in a twist over it. I don't think there's any hint Pete sees himself as some sort of unelected spokesman. At least he's doing something about issues that concern him rather than just moaning. Does it need a full written constitution and consultation followed by a vote?

As for Fishytails, if you paid attention to Pete's post (and he does say it often enough), he lives in Suffolk and he goes to games he can get to. Being a supporter isn't just about paying for a ticket, turning up and locking your own opinion on things away.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 12, 2017, 4:48pm; Reply: 54

If you had bothered to read the fishy more you will see most of my posts are on the non footy board,

Can you tell me how I am having a go at Fenty by saying any reasonable questions in my 1st post

I will be attending a few games in the new year after I have had my knee surgery which is due in a few weeks time.

I bet I haven been to more games than you in my lifetime.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 12, 2017, 4:55pm; Reply: 55
All I am doing is trying to get the fan base on here and the officials from the club to work together as one instead of all the bickering,

BUT

As some of you point out I am not an elected spokesperson nor am I doing it for my own ego,

So I will not ring John and I will leave it to the Trust to ask the questions.

Will be having a break now but will be back in the new year ATTENDING GAMES.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 12, 2017, 4:55pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Oh FFS. If JF gave Pete his number and invited him to ring him, and if Pete wants to take him up on it, why should other people get their knickers in a twist over it. I don't think there's any hint Pete sees himself as some sort of unelected spokesman. At least he's doing something about issues that concern him rather than just moaning. Does it need a full written constitution and consultation followed by a vote?

As for Fishytails, if you paid attention to Pete's post (and he does say it often enough), he lives in Suffolk and he goes to games he can get to. Being a supporter isn't just about paying for a ticket, turning up and locking your own opinion on things away.

Not saying that at all, but week in week out it seems that (non-)grimsbypete as I like to call him from now on tells us all the time he has his number and he is going to ring him, just bored of reading the same anti-JF tripe and voicing my opinion on here as we are all allowed to do so (but only if it's slating Jf, the board or management)
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 12, 2017, 4:57pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from grimsby pete
All I am doing is trying to get the fan base on here and the officials from the club to work together as one instead of all the bickering,

BUT

As some of you point out I am not an elected spokesperson nor am I doing it for my own ego,

So I will not ring John and I will leave it to the Trust to ask the questions.

Will be having a break now but will be back in the new year ATTENDING GAMES.

We have an SLO for that role.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 12, 2017, 4:58pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from grimsby pete

If you had bothered to read the fishy more you will see most of my posts are on the non booty board,

Can you tell me how I am having a go at Fenty by saying any reasonable questions in my 1st post

I will be attending a few games in the new year after I have had my knee surgery which is due in a few weeks time.

I bet I haven been to more games than you in my lifetime.

You have, no need to bet on it!
Posted by: Davec, November 12, 2017, 5:08pm; Reply: 59
Just ignore Fishtails whatever his name is, Ring Fenty Pete and post the answers, we all deserve answers and to know how he feels about things currently, credit for trying to do something.
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 12, 2017, 5:15pm; Reply: 60

Not saying that at all, but week in week out it seems that (non-)grimsbypete as I like to call him from now on tells us all the time he has his number and he is going to ring him, just bored of reading the same anti-JF tripe and voicing my opinion on here as we are all allowed to do so (but only if it's slating Jf, the board or management)

Your tone sounds a bit ‘bully’ like to me. Let’s hope Steve Wraith (who for some strange reason seems qualified on such matters) isn’t reading this thread. I’m sure he would be most disappointed !!
Posted by: Mendonca1995, November 12, 2017, 5:19pm; Reply: 61
Do you really think he will answer any of the questions people are suggesting on here at the moment NOT A CHANCE if he can’t be arsed to give us as fans any feedback after that Stevenage disgrace which should’ve been pushed as far as legally possible then as if he is bothered about anything else especially questions about his mate slades boring tactics each week that we have to pay to watch,the club has gone stale again on and off the field and the fans deserve a lot better as at the end of the day we have supported GTFC for many a year through thick and thin and also not forgetting it was US fans who got the promotion squad with fans etc so close and back together as a club again after years of free fall and also raised money for operation promotion which was a massive success,so JOHN if your reading,now this is your time to get this club going again say something do something we all want our club to start moving in the right direction before it gets worse give us something to start shouting about again good luck UTM
Posted by: Ipswin, November 12, 2017, 5:27pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Mendonca1995
Do you really think he will answer any of the questions people are suggesting on here at the moment NOT A CHANCE

There were so many questions suggested it would take a week for him to answer them all in his 'failure to give a straight answer' politician's way, Pete would never remember what he said and his phone bill would be enormous.

Can't Pete just ask the one we all really want to know - 'Please John will you fu(k off?'

Posted by: 139914 (Guest), November 12, 2017, 5:29pm; Reply: 63

Well, yes we are, but not all of us think it's our god given right to ring the chairman up and ask him a load of questions that we have gathered from the fishy.  :)

He (you) isn't the chairman.  Slip of the fingers John?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 12, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 64
Pete..... you posted this.

“If you had bothered to read the fishy more you will see most of my posts are on the non booty board,”

I would imagine “booty boards” are no doubt much more interesting than anything GTFC and the Fishy could provide 😉

Give JF a call mate and ask him if he’d Be happy to do a proper on line Q&A if it was managed properly. Not everyone can get to the “stage managed” fans forums.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 12, 2017, 7:03pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from mariner83
How can a price increase for next season be justified based on the majority of performances this season?

because JF will look at other League 2 teams prices and use average prices as benchmarking .....forgetting of course benchmarking relies on you having similar products on offer......as recent seasons have seen us fail to win at least half of the home games then an increase of at least 10% ( i think was promised ) will be a suicidal for STH sales.
I am already regretting buying one this season on the basis of entertainment and excitement so far, so i highly doubt i will buy one next season if anything hasnt changed.... and there is no way on earth i will buy one if the prices go up ...guaranteed!

If the club wants to compete then it should spend the money it gets in much more wisely, not just put the prices up so we can waste even more. 30 odd pro's again this year....some never going to be near the first team, some absolute dead duck signings just draining the budget.

Posted by: ginnywings, November 12, 2017, 7:15pm; Reply: 66
Agree on the squad Moosey. 25 is plenty and 22 is probably enough. I can understand when a new manager comes in and wants his own players, and that can lead to a bloated squad for a while while he ships some out, but Slade signed a load of players and doesn't play them, so one has to ask why that is? Did he really need to sign all those players and drain the budget? More quality and less quantity would surely have been the way forward. I'm baffled by his dealings.
Posted by: TAGG, November 12, 2017, 7:15pm; Reply: 67
Why don't the local media outlets ask the questions that need answering????
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 12, 2017, 8:18pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from TAGG

They’ve tried now and then over the years
Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 12, 2017, 8:39pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from moosey_club

because JF will look at other League 2 teams prices and use average prices as benchmarking .....forgetting of course benchmarking relies on you having similar products on offer......as recent seasons have seen us fail to win at least half of the home games then an increase of at least 10% ( i think was promised ) will be a suicidal for STH sales.
I am already regretting buying one this season on the basis of entertainment and excitement so far, so i highly doubt i will buy one next season if anything hasnt changed.... and there is no way on earth i will buy one if the prices go up ...guaranteed!

If the club wants to compete then it should spend the money it gets in much more wisely, not just put the prices up so we can waste even more. 30 odd pro's again this year....some never going to be near the first team, some absolute dead duck signings just draining the budget.

Just said on another thread that I might not renew if the prices go up. Never thought that would be the case, but the club are taking the urine.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 12, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from TAGG

Fenty just ends up denying them access because he doesn't like to be questioned. Remember Ambulancegate?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 12, 2017, 9:34pm; Reply: 71

What was it you didn't say FF?

You said 'IF you are that bothered about GTFC then come to a game or 2 rather than sit behind your keyboard 24/7 writing misleading thread titles on a football forum!' and this is what I'm criticising you about.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 12, 2017, 10:09pm; Reply: 72
Keep it simple Pete.

' Have you got an exit strategy and please can it involve Russell Slade/Paul Wilkinson and anyone else perpetrating the turgid crap we are expected to pay to watch?'
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 12, 2017, 11:16pm; Reply: 73
Dear John, you stated that Sladeball was brought in to take Town to the next level, do you mean League 1 or outer space, as the hoof ball is getting there.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 13, 2017, 7:49am; Reply: 74
Dear John,Usually you say far too much in the press and in private now the silence is flipping deafening.Please wake up and issue a statement addressing some of the many comments on here all basically saying were bored stupid with the brand of football you have bestowed upon us for the second time.Were concerned with the budget and worse still how it`s been mismanaged by your Chief bald eagle.What exactly does benign loans mean and why won`t you convert into shares?Clearly a lot of fans including myself would like you to formally put the Club up for sale and GO because you have shown us nothing in the previous 15 years to suggest you can take this football club forward and have been the worst in the Clubs proud history.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 13, 2017, 10:20am; Reply: 75
Quoted from Marinerz93
Dear John, you stated that Sladeball was brought in to take Town to the next level,.

He meant the Conference

Posted by: Ipswin, November 13, 2017, 10:22am; Reply: 76
Who is this 'Fishtail' tw@t?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 13, 2017, 4:59pm; Reply: 77
"This phone is currently unavailable. Please try later"
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 13, 2017, 10:00pm; Reply: 78
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 14, 2017, 7:00am; Reply: 79
Posted by: Green27, November 14, 2017, 12:57pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from sonik

UTM!

He is very pressed for time to interact with fans with genuine concerns whether it be the continued poor performances or the distancing of the club from fans or what was tantamount to sexual assault on fans and not releasing a statement on the outcome.

BUT QUICK! The fans don't agree with me on the EFL Trophy lets make sure they know the clubs view and how they are wrong.

QUICK! Matt Dean got something wrong about Curtis Woodhouse lets quash that within 3 hours!

What an absolute joke. Sooner he's gone the better, he has over seen the worst period in the clubs history, he has treated fans with disdain. His legacy will be that of an absolute joke of a figure.

Posted by: LH, November 14, 2017, 1:15pm; Reply: 81
Whilst the response from the club has been childish at best this isn’t the first time lately that Matt Dean has been wrong with regards to Town (Pearson to Barnsley, Woodhouse and I’m sure there was another incoming transfer this season). Has he got an informant intent on winding him up or is he just guessing?
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 14, 2017, 1:29pm; Reply: 82
Pearson to Barnsley was started by Mike White wasn't it? (still Humberside though I guess)
Posted by: LH, November 14, 2017, 2:12pm; Reply: 83
That might be right actually thinking back. Still the point stands that there appears to be someone at the club making stuff up and RH are still running the stories. Shoddy from both sides really.
Posted by: davmariner, November 15, 2017, 12:27am; Reply: 84
Dear John,

Do you have any remedies for chronic neck pain? Caused by frequent visits to Blundell Park. Hooooooooooooooooof.

Lots of love,

Davmariner

Xxx
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 15, 2017, 12:30am; Reply: 85
Quoted from davmariner
Dear John,

Do you have any remedies for chronic neck pain? Caused by frequent visits to Blundell Park. Hooooooooooooooooof.

Lots of love,

Davmariner

Xxx

Haven't you seen the press release, this is the next level John Jong un was talking about, the next level is space.
Posted by: monkeyboy, November 15, 2017, 1:46pm; Reply: 86
So what did John say?
Posted by: LH, November 15, 2017, 2:06pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from LH
That might be right actually thinking back. Still the point stands that there appears to be someone at the club making stuff up and RH are still running the stories. Shoddy from both sides really.

Changed my mind - it’s one ‘side’ being an absolute megatwat about it.
Posted by: chrissy, November 15, 2017, 3:27pm; Reply: 88
Grimsby Pete is taking a break so he has ask me to inform you of the outcome,
Pete put six questions to Mr Fenty and the reply was  ," No Comment to that dribble,"
I think Mr Fenty meamt drivel     Do not contact me again,
So Pete tried and he said he will not bother him again.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 15, 2017, 3:35pm; Reply: 89
Really?
Posted by: LH, November 15, 2017, 3:37pm; Reply: 90
Without being too unkind but what was Pete expecting? The feel free to contact me line seemed like a figure of speech more than anything.
Posted by: davmariner, November 15, 2017, 3:38pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from chrissy
Pete put six questions to Mr Fenty and the reply was  ," No Comment to that dribble,"

What were the six questions?
Posted by: RoboCod, November 15, 2017, 3:39pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from chrissy

Wow. Wrong in so many ways. Pete, ethics and basic decency and the English language all come away bruised from that encounter.

This could rumble along for quite some time..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 15, 2017, 3:48pm; Reply: 93
Don't see how Pete comes off from that badly at all. If JF didn't want him to call he wouldn't have given him his number and invite him to do so.

If the reply is true, well it's all of a piece with everything else we've heard recently.
Posted by: davmariner, November 15, 2017, 5:34pm; Reply: 94
As mentioned above, if he didn't want Pete to call him, why did he give him his number?
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 15, 2017, 5:39pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from davmariner
As mentioned above, if he didn't want Pete to call him, why did he give him his number?

He gave Pete an 0898 number for shits and giggles  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 15, 2017, 6:25pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from Marinerz93

He gave Pete an 0898 number for shits and giggles  ;D

That sounds a very specialist interest area.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 15, 2017, 10:11pm; Reply: 97

That sounds a very specialist interest area.

Your comment sounds like you are familiar with that specialist interest area, anything to do with midgets perchance  ;)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 16, 2017, 9:13am; Reply: 98
Our majority shareholder is comedy Gold I bet he felt great ear bashing a pensioner albeit with a degree of justification.Will this week ever end?
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 16, 2017, 12:14pm; Reply: 99
Back from my break and refreshed so I thought I would update you all;

My questions to John Fenty were,

Length of Russell Slade's contract.

Was there any news on new stadium.

Why did the club not come out in defence of the  female fans after the Stevenage fiasco

What is holding the paperwork up with Akeem Rose.

Will there be money for new signings in January.

PR at the club is poor .would you agree.

I think the last question was the reason he said it was a load of dribble ( I think he meant drivel )

AND  don't bother me again.

Well I only contacted him because he said  I could at anytime but I will not any more.

I hold no ill will to the man I am sure he honestly thinks he is doing the best job he can,

A lot of the problems he gets blamed for he has no control over,

So I will try and keep my mouth shut when Fenty bashing thread comes on again,

I will be pleased when he leaves though but I can not see that happening any day soon.

Posted by: RoboCod, November 16, 2017, 12:28pm; Reply: 100

His tone in response to that question was actually the answer.

He knows irony does Mr F.

Posted by: davmariner, November 16, 2017, 1:14pm; Reply: 101
Mr Fenty showing his true colours. So much for this nonsense that he spouts about his door being always open to fans. #Fentyout
Posted by: TAGG, November 16, 2017, 2:29pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from grimsby pete

Why did the club not come out in defence of the  female fans after the Stevenage fiasco

I think the last question was the reason he said it was a load of dribble ( I think he meant drivel )

Well I only contacted him because he said  I could at anytime but I will not any more.

I hold no ill will to the man I am sure he honestly thinks he is doing the best job he can,

I will be pleased when he leaves though but I can not see that happening any day soon.

The mans a dribbling idiot 👊
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 16, 2017, 3:26pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from grimsby pete

I thought the accounts said that he had complete control?
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 16, 2017, 4:35pm; Reply: 104
A lot of the problems he has no control over, maybe not John but instead of sitting on your hands and keeping quiet shouldn't you be finding out the root cause of those problems and solving them so they don't effect the club in a negative way.

I would recommend you use a mirror to help you find the root cause of how inept the club portrays itself and how it seems to destroy any goodwill from any source. It's like someone at the club is Midas evil twin, everything that's touched turns to excrement.

The part that is missing to the title of this thread "John Fenty says" , seems be "intercourse all."
Posted by: Garth, November 16, 2017, 6:21pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from grimsby pete

Was any of the above questions answered Pete or was don`t bother me a blanket answer?
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 16, 2017, 6:29pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from Garth

Was any of the above questions answered Pete or was don`t bother me a blanket answer?

I decided to text him Garth rather than ring,

His reply was " I have seen all the dribble and I do not wish to comment Don't bother me again "
Posted by: Garth, November 16, 2017, 6:35pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from grimsby pete

His reply was " I have seen all the dribble and I do not wish to comment Don't bother me again "

Thats poor, thanks
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 16, 2017, 7:04pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from grimsby pete

Perhaps should heed his own advice next time Matt Dean publishes something untrue/he doesn't like.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, November 16, 2017, 7:11pm; Reply: 109
You literally could not make this stuff up, comedy gold! I wish GTFC could  have a fly on the wall style documentary it would be epic viewing.
Posted by: toontown, November 16, 2017, 7:16pm; Reply: 110
Just a point Pete - it certainly wasn't only female fans who were effected at stevenage, and in fact there was photographic evidence of a female steward in the male toilets so it was undeniable. I think GTFC should have been standing up for all their fans, not just the female ones.
Posted by: TAGG, November 16, 2017, 8:08pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from grimsby pete

Put the male masturbators number out there so we can all ring/txt 👍
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 16, 2017, 8:12pm; Reply: 112
Quoted from toontown
Just a point Pete - it certainly wasn't only female fans who were effected at stevenage, and in fact there was photographic evidence of a female steward in the male toilets so it was undeniable. I think GTFC should have been standing up for all their fans, not just the female ones.

Yes I should have done but I would not have got an answer  :B
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 16, 2017, 8:13pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from TAGG

Put the male masturbators number out there so we can all ring/txt 👍

Sorry already deleted it and I can not remember my own number never mind his. ;D
Posted by: TAGG, November 16, 2017, 9:03pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from grimsby pete

Sorry already deleted it and I can not remember my own number never mind his. ;D

Nevermind I will get it on Saturday.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 16, 2017, 9:26pm; Reply: 115
The problem with Fenty is that you never know which one you are going to get

After introductions we had a very pleasant chat over a p!ss together before the second leg of the playoff semi at Braintree

The next time I spoke to him was at Colchester early last season during the ridiculous 'Mighty Marinergate'. After reminding him who I was I got just one sentence ' Do you enjoy stirring the sh!t?' (referring presumably to the various postings, some from me, on the Fishy at that time) I replied that I did as he walked away towards the directors entrance
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 16, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from Ipswin
The problem with Fenty is that you never know which one you are going to get

After introductions we had a very pleasant chat over a p!ss together before the second leg of the playoff semi at Braintree

The next time I spoke to him was at Colchester early last season during the ridiculous 'Mighty Marinergate'. After reminding him who I was I got just one sentence ' Do you enjoy stirring the sh!t?' (referring presumably to the various postings, some from me, on the Fishy at that time) I replied that I did as he walked away towards the directors entrance

This is what I don't get. If you want to be Chairman/CEO/owner of any business, from a fish merchant to Amazon, you've got to accept that it's your name above the door. That means if your company makes a load of money, then everybody's happy - customers, staff, shareholders etc. Equally, if your company doesn't deliver a good customer experience, then you cop for the crap.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 16, 2017, 10:21pm; Reply: 117
Clearly what he's said before about being approachable and having an open door is balderdash because he couldn't even give Pete a civil reply. The guy just keeps digging himself deeper into that hole.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 17, 2017, 8:29am; Reply: 118
Outwardly pleasant most of the time but the other side comes out all too often and does him no good whatsoever.He would have been ok as Chairman before the social media age in so much as the terrible PR he presents would have been largely irrelevant. At this moment in time he seems hell bent on having rucks with anyone and everyone over trivial comments yet he remains silent on more serious issues.
Posted by: chicaneuk, November 17, 2017, 8:51am; Reply: 119
Clearly what he's said before about being approachable and having an open door is balderdash because he couldn't even give Pete a civil reply. The guy just keeps digging himself deeper into that hole.

Agreed. I have to say I'm actually stunned by the response he gave, to be honest.
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, November 17, 2017, 9:18am; Reply: 120
To my Fishy Friends.

I am and have always been approachable, but if someone wants 10 rounds with me, ill give as good as i get.

Pete over stepped the mark with his rudeness and stupid threads, so i draw the line.

There is much to much rudeness towards me with no cognisance of the complexity of running a football club or what it entails.

I always find other peoples problems are easy to solve, you might agree!!!, its just you're own problems that aren't.

'Without the responsibility' and the 'financial implications' flippant solutions are so easy to toss around.

It's not championship manager. the club doesn't have a reset button, you have to work with how it is, and adjust with the best intention.

I am very honest and open, and will continue to be in the interests of the club.

Got to say i am looking forward to the warriors attending in force at the forthcoming Fans Forum. Questions will be answered and supplementary questions are, as always very welcome, bring it on.

What some call bad PR is always considered and released in the best interest of the Club. Happy to be questioned on any example, together with why the club do not make responses when some think it should.

UTM and look forward to two good home games.
XX
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 17, 2017, 9:20am; Reply: 121
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
To my Fishy Friends.

I am and have always been approachable, but if someone wants 10 rounds with me, ill give as good as i get.

Pete over stepped the mark with his rudeness and stupid threads, so i draw the line.

There is much to much rudeness towards me with no cognisance of the complexity of running a football club or what it entails.

I always find other peoples problems are easy to solve, you might agree!!!, its just you're own problems that aren't.

'Without the responsibility' and the 'financial implications' flippant solutions are so easy to toss around.

It's not championship manager. the club doesn't have a reset button, you have to work with how it is, and adjust with the best intention.

I am very honest and open, and will continue to be in the interests of the club.

Got to say i am looking forward to the warriors attending in force at the forthcoming Fans Forum. Questions will be answered and supplementary questions are, as always very welcome, bring it on.

What some call bad PR is always considered and released in the best interest of the Club. Happy to be questioned on any example, together with why the club do not make responses when some think it should.

XX

Did you not invite him to contact you if there was anything to discuss?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2017, 9:26am; Reply: 122
To my Fishy Friends.

XX

It would be good if the date could be announced as soon as possible so people don't get other stuff in their diary!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 17, 2017, 9:32am; Reply: 123
To my Fishy Friends.

XX

By the way, why do you see someone asking you questions wanting to go 10 rounds with you?
Posted by: marinerjase, November 17, 2017, 9:42am; Reply: 124
Because he’s an egotistical 🔔 end?
Posted by: Cloudy, November 17, 2017, 9:48am; Reply: 125
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It would be good if the date could be announced as soon as possible so people warriors don't get other stuff in their diary!

corrected for you, its the major shareholders name for the supporters ;D

Posted by: ginnywings, November 17, 2017, 9:56am; Reply: 126
Not at all looking forward to the next two games myself, and therein lies the problem. If we saw some decent football, most of this tosh would go away.
Posted by: davmariner, November 17, 2017, 10:05am; Reply: 127
To my Fishy Friends.

XX

We do, it's just that a large percentage of the fan base know you aren't up to the job. Your volatility and inability to get on with people, specifically with people in the media and investors, not to mention your awful 'statements'. Your stance (and that of the so-called accounts manager) on this Mickey Mouse B team cup and silence on things such as the Stevenage debacle shows how out of touch you are with the fans, ultimately the people that the club could not survive without.

How about holding the fans forum on a weekend rather than a cold winter weekday night when quite clearly most people will struggle to attend? Would be good RH could chair it so we can put to bed any prospect of pre-approving/filtering any difficult questions.

I'd be interested to know if the club is still up for sale and if you'd be willing to hand over the reigns if the Trust/anyone else were to come up with a credible business plan/strategy. Is the repayment of your 'benign' loans a prerequisite for selling the club?

Secondly, why the club isn't doing more to try and generate funds on non-matchdays (see the Exeter City model).

Are you happy with the direction we're going in on the pitch?

Finally, it would be interesting to know if you genuinely think that given your track record, if believe that you're a good thing for the football club?
Posted by: Ipswin, November 17, 2017, 10:08am; Reply: 128

But they won't be. They either a) won't be allowed to be asked or b) they will get politician's answers i.e. they won't be answered at all or c) there won't be time (if every question the fans have for Fenty were asked the forum would go on all night

The fans will be fobbed off yet again when questions get too close to the mark

Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 17, 2017, 10:10am; Reply: 129
Quoted from Ipswin

But they won't be. They either a) won't be allowed to be asked or b) they will get politician's answers i.e. they won't be answered at all or c) there won't be time (if every question the fans have for Fenty were asked the forum would go on all night

The fans will be fobbed off yet again when questions get too close to the mark

Get yourself there then, prove him wrong.
Posted by: LeeVanCleef, November 17, 2017, 10:15am; Reply: 130
To my Fishy Friends.

Purporting to be approachable while being aggressive in the same sentence

You invited him to call you, and then act with flippancy when he takes up you offer.

Are you surprised? Exhibit A.. This weeks (and the latest in a long line of) GTFC PR disaster(s), was an embarrassment for anyone associated with GTFC, ESSPECIALLY for the fans.

Have you thought about trying to bring in someone with experience to run the club so you don't have to?

We as fans also have only the best intentions for GTFC, some of the ideas put forward could perhaps maybe be taken on board and looked at closer rather than tossed aside because "we don't know what its like"

This is just petty, please stop treating us with such disdain. Comments like this are a perfect example of what gives you a bad name in the eyes of the fans.

Not so. If you invite someone to call you to chat, and then ignore their concerns, this is anything but open and honest.

The fans forum is for the fans to engage with the club on a personal level and only ONE day after its announcement, you come on here acting aggressive towards anyone that might want to attend. There seems to be a trend here, can you spot it?

Bad PR is bad PR, and I'm afraid, like it or not, you have further embarrassed OUR club.

XX

Posted by: friskneymariner, November 17, 2017, 10:19am; Reply: 131
Never been one to attack J.F. personally he has the courage to invest his money into the club he loves,this no doubt has entailed that he has been subject to torrent of abuse over the years.
However if you are reading this I have to say your discussion to appoint Slade again was wrong wrong wrong.I said this at the outset and events since have only re-inforced my view.
His negative sterile type of football couple with his extremely poor recruitment will result in gates plummeting,please act now to remedy the situation,remember John this is your legacy to posterity.
Posted by: davmariner, November 17, 2017, 10:20am; Reply: 132
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

I've been to a couple of these myself over the years and they're a complete farce. Same old faces being picked in th knowledge that they'll ask questions about the colour of the ceiling in the Ponny sh1tters.
Posted by: cannylad68, November 17, 2017, 10:28am; Reply: 133
Brilliant.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 17, 2017, 10:29am; Reply: 134
Pete over stepped the mark with his rudeness and stupid threads, so i draw the line

This is an Independent fans forum John and however stupid you think people`s posts are they are entitled to post them none the less.

You seem to be very confrontational of late no doubt due to  flak from fans might I suggest you try a different approach and actually listen to them?
Posted by: TAGG, November 17, 2017, 10:33am; Reply: 135

getyourfactsright
Your statement is a load of 'dribble' 😉😂😂😂

You must have read all the threads on here that have direct questions for you yet you refuse to answer one of them.

The Fan Forum is a joke because when there is the odd question allowed that you don't like you see your bottom and bat it away.

Your disdain for the fans(Stevenage being an example) of our great club is breathtaking.

Please put the club up for sale through the right channels and give our club a chance to breath again.

You seem to think you are the only fan GTFC have.

Please please go.
Posted by: monkeyboy, November 17, 2017, 10:44am; Reply: 136
President [/s[s]]Mugabe Fenty has made his decision to basically call us all idiots. sorry John i just never had the chance to make 20 million. probably due to the fact its a lot harder now due to how business has been conducted over the last 40 years leading to the price of living making it vitually impossible invest any hard earnt money into ventures.
Fat cats that hold the wealth have created this.

Dont taint us all as being stupid as it seems you a implying you rude man!

P.S i was a fan of yours for keeping the club going but now see you as a dictatorial cancer within the club that spouts nothing but rubbish like how your doing this and that and sod all happens i.e the ground.
Can tell you have been part of the council, poor poor Grimsby.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 17, 2017, 10:48am; Reply: 137

Its a long way for Swin to get there from Ipswich to be fobbed off.
Posted by: RoboCod, November 17, 2017, 10:56am; Reply: 138

Do you not see what you're doing here? Not see any irony?

Bring it on? That's just confrontational, childish and asking fans to show their worst sides, which you've just used as an excuse to refuse Pete any answers (and also be rude to him, pot/kettle).

I'm done, you've no credibilty left on this matter.
Posted by: monkeyboy, November 17, 2017, 11:04am; Reply: 139
All about the Politics , nothing to do with the working man enjoying his Saturday anymore.
If you have the cash you can have the power, look at Mr Trump. well at least he was voted in.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 17, 2017, 11:15am; Reply: 140
I did not want to go 10 rounds with anybody,

All I wanted was the answer to a few questions that I should have had no need to ask,

Because the answers should  be  public knowledge anyway,

What is the secret of Slade's contract ?

Still no word on Stevenage,

What's holding the paperwork up for young Rose,

Will we have any money for new signings in January,

BUT

Yet again silence on that but comes out disrespecting me for disrespecting him,

Priceless !!!!!!!!!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 17, 2017, 11:22am; Reply: 141
Quoted from monkeyboy
All about the Politics , nothing to do with the working man enjoying his Saturday anymore.
If you have the cash you can have the power, look at Mr Trump. well at least he was voted in.

You can`t compare Fenty to Trump John hasn`t worn a wig since Barry Effin Conlon was here mate.
Posted by: Stadium, November 17, 2017, 11:23am; Reply: 142
Another PR disaster with that "statement".
After Deangate lessons should have been learned.
Laughing stock comes to mind.
Posted by: Bigdog, November 17, 2017, 11:38am; Reply: 143
To my Fishy Friends.

XX

As I live abroad and cannot attend the Fan's Forum, in the spirit of your claims in the statement above, could you answer my questions please? I think they're fair, give you time to give an adequate response, and if you have any courage of conviction, you would gladly reply to put my reservations to bed..

Benign and football fortune are words that do not sufficiently define the impact of your director's loan on the club and for potential investors. Could you be more definitive in what is meant? Wouldn't it be more honourable to convert them into shares like every other investor?

It is written in the club accounts that you are in effect in control of the club. After fifteen years of poor performances on the pitch, three relegations, six years of non-league, not a single season above tier four that didn't end in relegation, non delivery of a new stadium and lack of ability to attract new investment, wouldn't you have got the sack by now if it was an accountable paid position and how can you think that you are the best person to run the football club with this record?

Who is in charge of your PR and marketing? Who has the final say on output and why are they still in their job?

Bragate, why no comment?

Checkatrade, do you really think that fans were bullied into not going to matches? If so, what proof have you got as bullying is a strong word to use on your fanbase?

Checkatrade, why not vote against the competition and still take the money on offer? Surely that would be even better financially for the club as it would have brought you closer to the fans and earned their respect.

Your brother has stated that you have looked all around the world for investment. What marketing methods have you used and is that offer open to anyone even if it meant losing your controlling interest or is it just investment for the new stadium project?

New stadium, how and when?

What is the playing side philosophy of the club?

Most clubs market their season tickets before the end of the season, why do we leave our marketing to the last minute and why are there no new ideas of how to incentivise them after 15 years in charge?

How long do you want to remain in your position?

Shouldn't there be a minimum catering standard for the fans? Was the standard checked before handing out the contract and should it be better than it is?

Couldn't you publicly put your controlling interest up for sale as a package and see what happens?

Thanks in advance
Bigdog
Posted by: Codswede, November 17, 2017, 12:04pm; Reply: 144
Quoted from Bigdog

Checkatrade, why not vote against the competition and still take the money on offer? Surely that would be even better financially for the club as it would have brought you closer to the fans and earned their respect.

Of everything in the entire checkatrade debacle, this is what I will never understand... Even if JF agreed with the concept of checkatrade, a vote against would have shown him & the club in a much more popular light with its own fans and fans of other clubs. Even the crooks at the EFL could not deny the competition money to clubs for not voting a certain way.

Everything is starting to strike me as protests from the leadership of the club against its own supporters trust in a bid to constantly undermine them and their position.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 17, 2017, 12:09pm; Reply: 145
Quoted from Codswede

Of everything in the entire checkatrade debacle, this is what I will never understand... Even if JF agreed with the concept of checkatrade, a vote against would have shown him & the club in a much more popular light with its own fans and fans of other clubs. Even the crooks at the EFL could not deny the competition money to clubs for not voting a certain way.

Everything is starting to strike me as protests from the leadership of the club against its own supporters trust in a bid to constantly undermine them and their position.

Thanks goodness at least one person sees things how I do .
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2017, 12:10pm; Reply: 146
All Mr Fenty seems to think of is self-preservation. Today's intervention smacks of 'I'm right, you're all wrong, this is my club and you can say all you like but it will not affect a thing '
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, November 17, 2017, 12:16pm; Reply: 147
To my Fishy Friends.

XX

You arrogant sharp object, you are not above us. Without us, the fans, you have nothing. Stop treating us like twits or there will be no fans left.

Posted by: denni266, November 17, 2017, 12:29pm; Reply: 148
Sorry fellow fishes. but as i see it the only way to get something done is to  not go and vote with your feet. We all have the right to do that . And have to make our own minds up weather it is right or wrong to do it. But sometimes you have to do what is not liked to get things changed.  One thing is for sure , We the fans/ customers,  the club, and players cannot continue like we area logger heads all the time   :(
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, November 17, 2017, 12:47pm; Reply: 149
Please don’t say this is actually John Fenty on the messageboard going absolutely potty?

intercourse me, I’ve seen my club go through some lunatic owners. Bloody heck, don’t think any of those had ever offered to go ten rounds with a fan  ;D flipping heck!
Posted by: Simariner, November 17, 2017, 12:53pm; Reply: 150
To my Fishy Friends.

XX

*your
Posted by: Cloudy, November 17, 2017, 12:55pm; Reply: 151
Quoted from MuddyWaters
All Mr Fenty seems to think of is self-preservation. Today's intervention smacks of 'I'm right, you're all wrong, this is my club and you can say all you like but it will not affect a thing '

This is his mantra unfortunately and nobody will convince him otherwise that is why the end is nigh IMO
Posted by: Simariner, November 17, 2017, 12:55pm; Reply: 152
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Please don’t say this is actually John Fenty on the messagevoaed going absolutely potty?

intercourse me, I’ve seen my club go through some lunatic owners. Bloody heck, don’t think any of those had ever offered to go ten rounds with a fan  ;D flipping heck!

Unfortunately it is Andy.  

Search getyourfactsright on the fishy and you'll find other embarrassing forum posts
Posted by: Jaws, November 17, 2017, 1:04pm; Reply: 153
So the (non)-chariman has just challenged Grimsby pete to a fight. Someone unplug Fenty's internet and take his radio off him ffs.
Posted by: LH, November 17, 2017, 1:14pm; Reply: 154
Been on nights this week and have woken up to a new treat every ‘morning’. What is this? PR Gaffe advent?!
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, November 17, 2017, 1:21pm; Reply: 155
Anyone have his email thanks
Posted by: Cloudy, November 17, 2017, 1:22pm; Reply: 156
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Anyone have his email thanks

In the public domain so john@gtfc.co.uk
Posted by: davmariner, November 17, 2017, 1:28pm; Reply: 157
Quoted from Cloudy

In the public domain so john@gtfc.co.uk

He doesn't use this one anymore
Posted by: Grim74, November 17, 2017, 1:28pm; Reply: 158
And Fenty stikes the knock out blow! have to say great response, I cannot understand why all the bitching about him on here 24/7 just man up and go and see him, I've listened to a few of these fans forums for a bIt of entertainment thinking that there is bound to be a few warriors on here to livened it up, but no not a whimper the warriors go missing the man has a point. Time to draw a line on this now either put or shut up.
Posted by: LH, November 17, 2017, 1:35pm; Reply: 159
Put up or shut up are the only options?
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 17, 2017, 1:37pm; Reply: 160
JF has done what you all wanted and posted a response and announced a fans forum and you STILL AREN'T HAPPY!!! Instead of second guessing absolutely every question and answer and getting your knickers in a twist over what he might or might not say, take the time to write down your questions and put them to him IN THE CORRECT MANNER at the forum. Then, once that is out of the way come and debate the answers you were given. You all look very moronic to say the least having a go at someone for the answers you don't want to hear to questions that you haven't even asked yet!!
Posted by: davmariner, November 17, 2017, 1:38pm; Reply: 161
JF has done what you all wanted and posted a response and announced a fans forum and you STILL AREN'T HAPPY!!! Instead of second guessing absolutely every question and answer and getting your knickers in a twist over what he might or might not say, take the time to write down your questions and put them to him IN THE CORRECT MANNER at the forum. Then, once that is out of the way come and debate the answers you were given. You all look very moronic to say the least having a go at someone for the answers you don't want to hear to questions that you haven't even asked yet!!

Hi John
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 17, 2017, 1:43pm; Reply: 162
Quoted from davmariner

Hi John

Sorry, not John!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 17, 2017, 1:43pm; Reply: 163
Quoted from Grim74
And Fenty stikes the knock out blow! have to say great response, I cannot understand why all the bitching about him on here 24/7 just man up and go and see him, I've listened to a few of these fans forums for a bIt of entertainment thinking that there is bound to be a few warriors on here to livened it up, but no not a whimper the warriors go missing the man has a point. Time to draw a line on this now either put or shut up.

This
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2017, 1:52pm; Reply: 164

This

To achieve what? He won't do what the fans want, never has and never will.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, November 17, 2017, 1:53pm; Reply: 165
Anyone got his new email address thank you.
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 17, 2017, 2:28pm; Reply: 166
To my Fishy Friends.

XX

I think I've just read the longest suicide note in history.

The opening line is beyond belief and beyond satire. Here is a chairman / non chairman of a football club wanting to go ten rounds with any fans who don't agree with him. Surely this can't be the chairman / non chairman of a club who the other week obviously sanctioned a club statement criticising Town fans of bullying?

Stand aside, please, for the sake of Town fans everywhere, you've become a liability to the club.

Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 17, 2017, 2:28pm; Reply: 167
Quoted from MuddyWaters

To achieve what? He won't do what the fans want, never has and never will.

So why have you written about a million posts about it then?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2017, 2:45pm; Reply: 168

So why have you written about a million posts about it then?

About what specifically?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2017, 2:51pm; Reply: 169
To my Fishy Friends.

XX

Here's one for you to think about then:

In what ways do you think that Grimsby Town Football Club has improved during your tenure?
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, November 17, 2017, 2:54pm; Reply: 170
My question, why have you not supported our supporters over Bragate? The only press release you push out was to defend yourself when implicated by Stevenage.
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 17, 2017, 2:56pm; Reply: 171
No need for a fans forum, John. Just one quick answer to a simple question is all we need.

- What figure does it require to buy your stakeholding in the club and the associated 'benign loans'?

That way we can either work towards raising that capital and ridding the club of you or looking at setting up a club in our own vision because quite frankly I'm (won't speak for others but I doubt I'm alone) sick to my back teeth of your childish and egotistical reign at this club.

Simple question.
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 17, 2017, 3:08pm; Reply: 172
I said years ago that JF didnt save the club at all .....
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 17, 2017, 3:28pm; Reply: 173
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Here's one for you to think about then:

In what ways do you think that Grimsby Town Football Club has improved during your tenure?

Now that is an easy question to answer!
Posted by: pizzzza, November 17, 2017, 4:04pm; Reply: 174
What is your exit strategy? Anything we can do to hasten your exit?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, November 17, 2017, 4:16pm; Reply: 175
To be  fair to JF he is perfectly entitled to give excrement back when it is totally baseless.

I mean it's not like:

The club is failing to represent the views of its customers (checkatrade);
The club is failing to attract inward investment of any meaningful size;
The club has failed to appointment a management team that offers up an entertaining brand of football that attracts new customers;
The club is not achieving a comparable level of success for the size of input as several smaller clubs in this division;
The club is not providing high quality comms and managing it's customers expectations on the new stadium project;
The club has failed to build on the momentum of our first successful season in 15 years.

Etc. Etc.

I mean none of that is happening so he is perfectly entitled to give excrement back. Of course it's easy for me to say that but it's not my problem to deal with is it. Maybe here are some ideas:

Actually listen to what your customers are telling you. I mean really listen;
Provide some high level transparency on what the club are attempting to achieve. I don't just mean promotion, think more holistically;
Try to walk a mile in the customers shoes, if you had to watch and pay for a Town match would you feel it provides  value for money; And would you be happy to make that decision at the exclusion of doing something else with that money  if money was tight (opertunity lost);

Etc. Etc
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 17, 2017, 4:21pm; Reply: 176
Just out of interest would we have been better off going into administration some years ago, that way Mr Fenty would not have to have bailed us out, would we now be in a stronger financial position, look at Leicester City, I know they were eventually bought by some Thia's but they seemed to have got a brand new stadium very cheaply.
Posted by: friskneymariner, November 17, 2017, 4:43pm; Reply: 177
Quoted from Gaffer58
Just out of interest would we have been better off going into administration some years ago, that way Mr Fenty would not have to have bailed us out, would we now be in a stronger financial position, look at Leicester City, I know they were eventually bought by some Thia's but they seemed to have got a brand new stadium very cheaply.

Said that at the  time. you can mention many teams who rose out of administration stronger,although some did go under.
Posted by: fishyfan, November 17, 2017, 4:50pm; Reply: 178
Quoted from MuddyWaters

This is what I don't get. If you want to be Chairman/CEO/owner of any business, from a fish merchant to Amazon, you've got to accept that it's your name above the door. That means if your company makes a load of money, then everybody's happy - customers, staff, shareholders etc. Equally, if your company doesn't deliver a good customer experience, then you cop for the crap.

that is the difference though a football club isnt a 'company' designed to make money. I'm pretty sure you'd rather see us stay up playing like we are than losing 4-3 every week and end up back in the national league.

The club is being run in a way that is sustainable whilst also keeping us in the football league, with hope of promotion, as we are only 4 points from the play offs despite the poor football we have seen at BP this season.

A football chairman is a thankless task, regardless of what he does someone is always going to disagree or want to criticise. Im sure if someone wanted to take it over with enough money to help us progress they would be allowed to as i wouldnt take all of the excrement like JF is i would just chuck in the towel and let someone else pick up the pieces.

Lets just talk about football for a change its like a broken record with all you lot on here.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2017, 4:58pm; Reply: 179
Quoted from fishyfan

that is the difference though a football club isnt a 'company' designed to make money. I'm pretty sure you'd rather see us stay up playing like we are than losing 4-3 every week and end up back in the national league.

The club is being run in a way that is sustainable whilst also keeping us in the football league, with hope of promotion, as we are only 4 points from the play offs despite the poor football we have seen at BP this season.

A football chairman is a thankless task, regardless of what he does someone is always going to disagree or want to criticise. Im sure if someone wanted to take it over with enough money to help us progress they would be allowed to as i wouldnt take all of the excrement like JF is i would just chuck in the towel and let someone else pick up the pieces.

Lets just talk about football for a change its like a broken record with all you lot on here.

Just picking up on the bits in bold - JF has gone on record as saying the football club is not sustainable at the current ground. Second, we haven't got a chairman. Finally, this board is a fan's opportunity to discuss all things related to the club, this week more has happened off the field than on it - I'm sure football will be discussed tomorrow, hopefully about the goals we've scored, the changes that affected them and not another toothless, turgid performance which has become the norm.
Posted by: Cloudy, November 17, 2017, 5:00pm; Reply: 180
Quoted from fishyfan

For me it has always been about the on pitch side with board room shenanigans a side issue.
That is until now!

I can take the poor entertainment, I am pretty sure I could even survive non league again if it were to happen, but what I cannot get my head around the running of the club by the most arrogant man possible. He isn't interested in the fans, he is only interested in their support, there is no other way. It's his way or the highway.

It's virtually finished me and it's over 50 years since I first started going.

Over the years I've met many guys locally who always said they wouldn't go and watch Town again until Fenty has left.

I could never understand that stance, but I do now!!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2017, 5:04pm; Reply: 181
Quoted from Cloudy

For me it has always been about the on pitch side with board room shenanigans a side issue.
That is until now!

I can take the poor entertainment, I am pretty sure I could even survive non league again if it were to happen, but what I cannot get my head around the running of the club by the most arrogant man possible. He isn't interested in the fans, he is only interested in their support, there is no other way. It's his way or the highway.

It's virtually finished me and it's over 50 years since I first started going.

Over the years I've met many guys locally who always said they wouldn't go and watch Town again until Fenty has left.

I could never understand that stance, but I do now!!

Couldn't agree more - I haven't quite got to 50 years yet though! - I'm not sure I could forgive another relegation either.
Posted by: TAGG, November 17, 2017, 5:05pm; Reply: 182
Quoted from fishyfan

You are in a dwindling minority that still think Fenty kept the club alive.
He didn't save it he put it into an induced coma the same way Slades football is doing to us poor fornicators who sit there every game.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2017, 5:11pm; Reply: 183
Quoted from fishyfan

If it's a company that isn't designed to make money, does that also allow it to be a company designed to pi$$ off as many of its' customers as possible?
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 17, 2017, 5:50pm; Reply: 184
It's simple guys and gals . He doesn't take you seriously ..... stop going to the games , take another 1k off the gate and when only 1.5 -2k  sign up to next season he will take you very seriously .....
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 17, 2017, 5:54pm; Reply: 185

No he hasn't. He hasn't answered any of the questions put to him.
Posted by: davmariner, November 17, 2017, 5:56pm; Reply: 186
Still waiting Johnny boy. You come on here giving it large and disappear when questions are asked that you can't answer. All mouth!
Posted by: friskneymariner, November 17, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 187
Quoted from fleabag1970
It's simple guys and gals . He doesn't take you seriously ..... stop going to the games , take another 1k off the gate and when only 1.5 -2k  sign up to next season he will take you very seriously .....

Afraid that is the only thing that he will listen to,much as it hurts but I have no intention of renewing my season ticket next year,might stop coming this season 2 matches to make my mind up.
Posted by: Green27, November 17, 2017, 7:02pm; Reply: 188
Just go John. Please just go and take your “benign” loans with you.
Posted by: friskneymariner, November 17, 2017, 7:25pm; Reply: 189
John I really don't think you realise you are facing an existential threat,you have surrounded yourself with  yes men and you have been able to delude yourself that  everything in the garden is posy.
Slade is able to con you with his words,for god's sake wake up get rid of Slade and get some good advice from people who will tell you what you may not want to hear.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, November 17, 2017, 7:25pm; Reply: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner
No need for a fans forum, John. Just one quick answer to a simple question is all we need.

- What figure does it require to buy your stakeholding in the club and the associated 'benign loans'?

That way we can either work towards raising that capital and ridding the club of you or looking at setting up a club in our own vision because quite frankly I'm (won't speak for others but I doubt I'm alone) sick to my back teeth of your childish and egotistical reign at this club.

Simple question.

At the time of writing, there is 16 yays to 4 nays, (ticks and crosses) which means 80% agree with you.  People want you away from this club, how much?
Posted by: Vance Warner, November 17, 2017, 7:33pm; Reply: 191

The first comment is a perfect example of why we need support in the PR department. That statement about going 10 rounds with a fan has certainly not been considered and released in the best interests of the club. I don't for one minute think it's intended as a threat of violence but it is ill advised or at least it would be if anyone was actually giving advice.
Posted by: supertown, November 17, 2017, 7:40pm; Reply: 192
Quoted from Vance Warner

The first comment is a perfect example of why we need support in the PR department. That statement about going 10 rounds with a fan has certainly not been considered and released in the best interests of the club. I don't for one minute think it's intended as a threat of violence but it is ill advised or at least it would be if anyone was actually giving advice.

My interpretation of that line is not to actually fist fight but to ‘verbally fight’ the 10 rounds .
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, November 17, 2017, 7:54pm; Reply: 193
Quoted from fishyfan

The football is excrement and was always going to be excrement, I went to Cheltenham, Slade's first game and it was obvious from day one what his tactic was.  Here's my match report... I deleted the not important part.

I'll get this out the way now, I detest Cheltenham, everything about them.  

I am not a manager and i never will be, but surely to play long ball against Cheltenham is never EVER going to work, that's their "thing", that what they practice day in day out.  So why the intercourse did we play long ball!  There was grass down the sides so why didn't we use it?

Slade and Fenty are rotten and the sooner they are gone the better.
Posted by: davmariner, November 17, 2017, 8:23pm; Reply: 194
https://t.co/MUrUdjSmVm

Bridlington Town chairman's perspective on this. Something doesn't quite add up here.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, November 17, 2017, 8:46pm; Reply: 195
Quoted from davmariner
https://t.co/MUrUdjSmVm

Bridlington Town chairman's perspective on this. Something doesn't quite add up here.

Why would he lie, what has he got to gain? Nothing in my opinion which is why I side with Matt Dean and believe something was on the cards but fell through.  
Posted by: barralad, November 17, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 196

The football is excrement and was always going to be excrement, I went to Cheltenham, Slade's first game and it was obvious from day one what his tactic was.  Here's my match report... I deleted the not important part.

Slade and Fenty are rotten and the sooner they are gone the better.

Funnily enough the one game I've seen this season where Town played decent football for long periods was Cheltenham away
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 17, 2017, 9:16pm; Reply: 197
Quoted from supertown

My interpretation of that line is not to actually fist fight but to ‘verbally fight’ the 10 rounds .

That's your interpretation. In the eyes of the law, should any assault ever unfortunately happen it would be pre-meditated. People ought to realise once you put something online it's there forever.

Posted by: Civvy at last, November 17, 2017, 9:21pm; Reply: 198
Quoted from jock dock tower

People ought to realise once you put something online it's there forever.

Unless it’s a tweet from Curtis Woodhouse 😉
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 17, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 199
Clearly a metaphorical ten rounds, and everyone knows it. Be fair!
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 17, 2017, 9:42pm; Reply: 200
Quoted from 75
Clearly a metaphorical ten rounds, and everyone knows it. Be fair!

That's good because I do not think I would last one round (wheelchair)
Posted by: Mariner93er, November 17, 2017, 9:44pm; Reply: 201
Seems to me that people have a choice to make now. There's been a lot said on this thread and on other ones, and it's clear people are at the end of their tethers with the current regime. However, grumbling on here will achieve nothing. I've actually not been too critical of fenty, but these past weeks have made it clear that the club has no future with fenty at the helm. Its time for action to force change, in whatever way possible. For me, its going to be avoiding games. I never thought I would do This, but it's the extent to which my love for the club has been drained. Now, I'm by no means imploring others to do the same, but I would encourage people to be proactive in anyway possible, before you get to the point were the club no longer has any meaning to you.
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, November 17, 2017, 9:44pm; Reply: 202
Shame he didn't offer Curtis to 10 rounds.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 17, 2017, 9:51pm; Reply: 203
To my Fishy Friends.

Not from your previous form, Boston Lawers, Mike Parker, both taught you a lesson you don't seemed to have learned from, best you lasted was round 3.

You yourself have over stepped the mark more than once, breaking deconstructing a kids flag, goading fans, media gaffes the list goes on.

On the flip side you seem unable to cognizance what matters to fans and the lack of backing is pusillanimous

Don't you realise that most of these are you own doing FFS

Do you want the warriors to wear their medals, like supporting the club through over a decade of excrement, relegation out of the league and struggling to get out of non league, these are the people that stood by the club when you went about hiring and firing who you liked when you liked.

Good PR it is done by a someone who knows what to say and when to say it, bad PR is done by a fool who says what he wants regardless of the outcome, you reap what you sow.

It might be good for you sat up in the gods but those of us at pitch side rarely get to see the ball.

XX

Come at me bro  ;D

Posted by: Squarkus, November 17, 2017, 10:05pm; Reply: 204
Quoted from diehardmariner

Simple question.

Not a bean, he has stated many times anyone that is fit and proper, he will never let anyone take over this great football club if they can take it forward, the club has spent good money advertising this and to no avail, he cannot get you minority key board warriors to buy into this, if you had a euro lottery win tonight of 40 million he still would not hand it over, as the next custodian will have to be fit and proper and the majority of you fu-- whits, would not fit this bill.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 17, 2017, 10:10pm; Reply: 205
Quoted from Squarkus

Not a bean, he has stated many times anyone that is fit and proper, he will never let anyone take over this great football club if they can take it forward, the club has spent good money advertising this and to no avail, he cannot get you minority key board warriors to buy into this, if you had a euro lottery win tonight of 40 million he still would not hand it over, as the next custodian will have to be fit and proper and the majority of you fu-- whits, would not fit this bill.

Its a pity we do not have a fit and proper man in charge now.

You are another poster on here to post on a Fenty thread but never post on other threads /
Posted by: Bigdog, November 17, 2017, 10:23pm; Reply: 206
Quoted from Squarkus

Freudian slip Squarkus?
Posted by: supertown, November 17, 2017, 10:28pm; Reply: 207
Quoted from Bigdog

Freudian slip Squarkus?

Whoops 😬
Posted by: ginnywings, November 17, 2017, 10:35pm; Reply: 208
Quoted from Squarkus

I bet a pound to a pinch of salt, you have a blue badge in the front of your car and can park anywhere, who do you fu--ing thinck you are, ( scuicide note ) he has made a statement we all craved for and this is your responce.

Wow! Tasteful.
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, November 17, 2017, 10:35pm; Reply: 209
Squarkus. Most of the people on this site are hard working honest people. We are Grimsby Town fans who are disullusioned with the on field and off field events that have been happening since Mr Fenty appointed Mr Slade, We feel that since the beginning of the season that things on the field have been awful. The games have been terrible to watch. Off the field it has been a comedy of errors going from one PR gaffe to another whether it is a nasty retort on The Fishy or not bothering to respond at all. All we want is what is best for GTFC and because of recent events we feel that Mr Fenty and Mr Slade are no longer fit for purpose. I would also add that it wouldn't be Mr Fentys decision to whom is fit and proper to run a football club. That would be decided by the FA. Also please don't call Grimsby Town fans fu-- wits. That is libellous.
Posted by: Squarkus, November 17, 2017, 10:43pm; Reply: 210
Quoted from Vance Warner

Will you get a life, for f--K sake figure of speach
Posted by: friskneymariner, November 17, 2017, 10:48pm; Reply: 211
Quoted from Squarkus

I bet a pound to a pinch of salt, you have a blue badge in the front of your car and can park anywhere, who do you fu--ing thinck you are, ( scuicide note ) he has made a statement we all craved for and this is your responce.

Obviously someone has lost the plot,and reacted very badly to criticism and not very good at spelling,hmm who do we know who does this,wonder if it family trait.Could I suggest you embrace the philosophy of stoicism  Squarkus, and practice insult pacifism.
Posted by: RoboCod, November 17, 2017, 10:50pm; Reply: 212
Quoted from Squarkus

What an awful person you are. JF could really do with some backing right now, so trapped in the corner has he made himself. You're not helping him at all.
Posted by: Squarkus, November 17, 2017, 11:05pm; Reply: 213
Quoted from grimsby pete

Its a pity we do not have a fit and proper man in charge now.

You are another poster on here to post on a Fenty thread but never post on other threads /

Where ore you coming from, I have posted for years on other threads, take a look, I have to get back from work  to sit down and put my case forward.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 17, 2017, 11:30pm; Reply: 214
Quoted from Squarkus

What a piece of work you are.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 17, 2017, 11:30pm; Reply: 215
Quoted from Squarkus

You've always come across as a bit of a girl private.

Posted by: mariner91, November 17, 2017, 11:33pm; Reply: 216
Calls all Town fans fuckwits then proceeds to spell a six letter word incorrectly.
Posted by: RichMariner, November 17, 2017, 11:48pm; Reply: 217
Fenty lacks so much class and professionalism it's actually unbelievable.

I do agree with him that running a football club is difficult, but he's making it far more difficult for himself by doing his own thing and being anything but honest and open with the fans.

Why can't he tell us how long Slade's contract is for?

Why can't he tell us why the club never supported the fans in the Stevenage debacle?

If you can't share these details with us John, at least explain why. Is it a legal thing? Just some kind of reason would be better than nothing.

This thread isn't a backlash at anything you've done (or not done) over the last few days or weeks, it's a culmination of your inability to communicate properly and fairly with the fans over many seasons that has created this situation.

Questions at fans' forums get filtered. Any difficult ones for you get shunned or not answered properly/fully.

I do not doubt you're a fan of the club but you simply cannot continue doing things your way because you're only damaging the club further.

I feel you've passed the point of no return. You'd rather kill this club or drive it back into non-league than start listening to us and doing what we'd like to see happen.

Don't put yourself above the fans because without us you're nothing.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 18, 2017, 12:44am; Reply: 218
What a f/cing sad state of affairs,

I have supported GTFC for over fifty years and NEVER in all that time have I seen a director behave so childish in public (a forum in this case.)

Slating a fan (Pete) in public is pathetic he was only trying to act as a mediator why is it that anybody who questions your watch/regime becomes an enemy ?

You call for a forum to help clear the air? Then issue a STUPID statement naming a individual and stereotyping other fans as being thick and not understanding the  complexities of running a lower league football club.

Just use a bit of professionalism and decorum for once ffs.

I can understand now how you manage to alienate so many people  around you and anyone who questions your credentials.

GTFC is nothing without fans it is cetainly NOT yours alone as your ego seems to think.

Yeah you put a few million in but percntage wise fans also put in as much money over the years as well and will do once you have gone.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 18, 2017, 6:38am; Reply: 219
Quoted from Squarkus

Lee Mullen?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 18, 2017, 6:42am; Reply: 220
Not to bright who ever it is.
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 18, 2017, 10:19am; Reply: 221
Quoted from Squarkus

You think disability is funny. Speaks volumes about you.
Posted by: MarinerWY, November 18, 2017, 11:20am; Reply: 222
Quoted from jock dock tower

The opening line is beyond belief and beyond satire. Here is a chairman / non chairman of a football club wanting to go ten rounds with any fans who don't agree with him. Surely this can't be the chairman / non chairman of a club who the other week obviously sanctioned a club statement criticising Town fans of bullying?

As much as the statement was cringeworthy, let's not add more hyperbole: it was obviously a metaphorical 'ten rounds' - those posters who are insinuating 'threats of violence' know this just as much as anyone and it's devaluing your argument, plenty to pick on in that reply without getting petty about a figure of speech.
Posted by: MarinerWY, November 18, 2017, 11:23am; Reply: 223

At the time of writing, there is 16 yays to 4 nays, (ticks and crosses) which means 80% agree with you.  People want you away from this club, how much?

Watertight survey is that. Ticks and crosses on the Fishy. Do you work for YouGov?
Posted by: mariner91, November 18, 2017, 11:34am; Reply: 224
Quoted from Squarkus

Where ore you coming from, I have posted for years on other threads, take a look, I have to get back from work  to sit down and put my case forward.

Quick check at your most recent posts and it is just over six months since you commented on anything other than a thread bashing Fenty. You're clearly in his circle as evidenced by your staunch defending of him despite his numerous cock ups and perennial failure whilst chairman/non-chairman. The fact that you're evidently a complete prick and show such contempt towards anyone who dares voice any criticism just shows how Fenty and the people he surrounds himself with view the fans. You don't do him any favours.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 18, 2017, 12:28pm; Reply: 225
Quoted from Squarkus

I have a disabled son, without whom I would probably have stayed at home this afternoon but he insists that we're coming. Guess what? He's as entitled to have an opinion about GTFC as you, I and even your friend Mr Fenty.

He's made a statement we all craved for? Not the one I crave - you can work out what that is.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 18, 2017, 1:20pm; Reply: 226
I can put up with a lot usually and not too prone to attack others.  However, I have had enough with the leadership of our club.  A change is needed.  The following was copied from another thread because it is relevant here as well:

"Mr Fenty, I have been a Town fan for 55 years. I have always travelled to games as an exile.   My father started going to games in the early 1930s.  

You have always tried to do the very best for the Club over many years.  However,  the relationship with many fans has now become strained, probably beyond repair.  I also think that the club is stale and in need of new leadership, energy and fresh ideas.  

Have you thought of actively seeking to relinquish power and control?  And devising  an exit strategy for yourself?  Where there is a will there is always a way.

If not, then I think that this is what you should be doing sooner rather than later. In my view this is In the long-term interests of the club, something that you hold so dear".
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 18, 2017, 1:44pm; Reply: 227
Quoted from MarinerWY

As much as the statement was cringeworthy, let's not add more hyperbole: it was obviously a metaphorical 'ten rounds' - those posters who are insinuating 'threats of violence' know this just as much as anyone and it's devaluing your argument, plenty to pick on in that reply without getting petty about a figure of speech.

Of course it's a figure of speech, but that doesn't mean it was an OK thing to say in the context. What it's basically saying is if you ask a question I don't like, we're going to get into an argument. It's hardly an encouragement to have an open forum. Pissing people off unecessarily. I thought he was supposed to be an astute businessman and a politician.

The guy ought to practice what he preached in his video the other year. Think once, think twice, think again before posting.
Posted by: Bigdog, November 18, 2017, 2:07pm; Reply: 228
Was thinking about this overnight..

Say a miracle happened and somebody came along next week and paid JF off. It gets to New Year and the £2.5m is burning a hole in JF's pocket and he really wants to get back into the game. Burton who are struggling in the Championship and have got an immediate debt of £2m to cover and they've got the role of non-chairman to be filled. How would the interview go with Burton's board of directors?

JF offers to plug the debt with a £2m loan and buy into the club with the remaining £500k in shares providing he gains overall control. Burton's board of directors ask what do they get for the money? JF will say, "I'll oversee two consecutive relegations for you, we'll grub around in League Two before dropping into non-league for six years. The good news is though, in the 14th year we get promoted back into the league and then I'll be a bit stumped as to what to do and start blaming the fans for everything. All that is on the condition that I choose who takes over from me at the time I see fit and I'll keep a secret what price I require to be paid off. Do I get the gig?"

I seriously think there's a bit of a God Complex going on if he really can't see the wood for the trees..
Posted by: supertown, November 19, 2017, 1:01pm; Reply: 229
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Not to bright who ever it is.

It’s ‘too’ and ‘whoever’ , just saying
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 19, 2017, 7:13pm; Reply: 230
Quoted from Bigdog
Was thinking about this overnight..

Say a miracle happened and somebody came along next week and paid JF off. It gets to New Year and the £2.5m is burning a hole in JF's pocket and he really wants to get back into the game. Burton who are struggling in the Championship and have got an immediate debt of £2m to cover and they've got the role of non-chairman to be filled. How would the interview go with Burton's board of directors?

JF offers to plug the debt with a £2m loan and buy into the club with the remaining £500k in shares providing he gains overall control. Burton's board of directors ask what do they get for the money? JF will say, "I'll oversee two consecutive relegations for you, we'll grub around in League Two before dropping into non-league for six years. The good news is though, in the 14th year we get promoted back into the league and then I'll be a bit stumped as to what to do and start blaming the fans for everything. All that is on the condition that I choose who takes over from me at the time I see fit and I'll keep a secret what price I require to be paid off. Do I get the gig?"

I seriously think there's a bit of a God Complex going on if he really can't see the wood for the trees..

Fenty really as gone for a burton this time  ;Di
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 29, 2017, 7:14pm; Reply: 231
To my Fishy Friends.

Pete over stepped the mark with his rudeness and stupid threads,

Rudeness ??

Stupid threads   guilty as charged,

BUT

Where have I been VILE ?

Well he is not talking to me ever again and I refuse to say his name ever again so can anybody tell me where I have been vile ?
Posted by: sonik, November 29, 2017, 7:16pm; Reply: 232
Quoted from grimsby pete

Rudeness ??

BUT

Where have I been VILE ?

Well he is not talking to me ever again and I refuse to say his name ever again so can anybody tell me where I have been vile ?

Give it a rest Pete. FFS.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 29, 2017, 7:21pm; Reply: 233
Quoted from sonik

Are we allowed to talk to you? Please check with John

Incidentally I have already pointed out to Pete that your brother meant to type 'live' (which Pete and I are - just) not 'vile'
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 29, 2017, 7:23pm; Reply: 234
Quoted from sonik

Or you could point out where I have been vile .
Posted by: Ipswin, November 29, 2017, 7:25pm; Reply: 235
Quoted from grimsby pete

Or you could point out where I have been vile .

FFS Pete wear it as a badge of pride

Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 29, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete

Rudeness ??

BUT

Where have I been VILE ?

vile
vʌɪl/Submit
adjective
extremely unpleasant.
"he has a vile temper"
synonyms:     foul, nasty, unpleasant, bad, disagreeable, horrid, horrible, dreadful, abominable, atrocious, offensive, obnoxious, odious, unsavoury, repulsive, off-putting, repellent, revolting, repugnant, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, hateful, nauseating, sickening; More
morally bad; wicked.
"as vile a rogue as ever lived"
archaic
of little worth or value.
"all the feasts that thou hast shared erewhile, to mine shall be but vile"

Just saying....... extremely unpleasant.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 29, 2017, 7:33pm; Reply: 237

vile
vʌɪl/Submit
adjective
extremely unpleasant.
"he has a vile temper"
synonyms:     foul, nasty, unpleasant, bad, disagreeable, horrid, horrible, dreadful, abominable, atrocious, offensive, obnoxious, odious, unsavoury, repulsive, off-putting, repellent, revolting, repugnant, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, hateful, nauseating, sickening; More
morally bad; wicked.
archaic

Was Marley being vile last night shouting at a customer to shut up ? All said and done were all paying customers aren't we
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 29, 2017, 7:34pm; Reply: 238
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS Pete wear it as a badge of pride

I feel if I gone 10 rounds mate I been treated like a punch bag,

I have had enough  boo hoo  !!!!!!!!!!!

Big baby
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 29, 2017, 7:35pm; Reply: 239

vile
vʌɪl/Submit
adjective
extremely unpleasant.
"he has a vile temper"
morally bad; wicked.
archaic

I thought you would pop up No1. fan,

Is calling someone vile being vile ?

Just asking.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 29, 2017, 7:40pm; Reply: 240
Gents take a step back read the last few post and consider what someone who had just landed back from the moon would think of you - I would suggest your better human beings than the recent above suggests.

I have things I don't like about our situation but sooner or later both sides will need to pull together, whats the alternative?
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 29, 2017, 7:47pm; Reply: 241
Quoted from grimsby pete

I thought you would pop up No1. fan,

Is calling someone vile being vile ?

Just asking.

Thought ipswin said Jf meant live?! You tell me, you seem to know everything else.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 29, 2017, 7:47pm; Reply: 242
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Gents take a step back read the last few post and consider what someone who had just landed back from the moon would think of you - I would suggest your better human beings than the recent above suggests.

I have things I don't like about our situation but sooner or later both sides will need to pull together, whats the alternative?

Is that a line we should now adopt with Stevenage FC (in the interests of all pulling together of course) I think someone returning from the moon might find the ongoing row with them equally strange.

Posted by: Ipswin, November 29, 2017, 7:50pm; Reply: 243

Thought ipswin said Jf meant live?! You tell me, you seem to know everything else.

It was a possible alternative I came up with to placate an obviously distressed Pete on the basis that I have read on here that Fenty is lysdexic

Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 29, 2017, 7:51pm; Reply: 244
To pull together you need agreement on something Herts. Setting aside that we’re all Town fans and want the best for Town (that’s a given) what are we all agreeing on? Whose vision do we get behind? Who has to forget and forgive what?

It seems to me that what ‘all pulling together’ means is accepting the board’s view and shelving any criticism.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 29, 2017, 7:56pm; Reply: 245
Quoted from Ipswin

Is that a line we should now adopt with Stevenage FC (in the interests of all pulling together of course) I think someone returning from the moon might find the ongoing row with them equally strange.

I'll ask my daughter as she was directly involved, unlike many of the people who feel so passionate about it.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 29, 2017, 7:58pm; Reply: 246
Quoted from Ipswin

It was a possible alternative I came up with to placate an obviously distressed Pete on the basis that I have read on here that Fenty is lysdexic

And you wonder why you were called vile, to continually berate someone for being dyslexic is without a shadow of a doubt VILE.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 29, 2017, 7:59pm; Reply: 247
To pull together you need agreement on something Herts. Setting aside that we’re all Town fans and want the best for Town (that’s a given) what are we all agreeing on? Whose vision do we get behind? Who has to forget and forgive what?

It seems to me that what ‘all pulling together’ means is accepting the board’s view and shelving any criticism.

Fair point KM, though it won't go down well as absurd as it sounds maybe that is the starting point, not easy but maybe losing a battle or 3 will ultimately win a war.

Some of this sh1t is draining the life blood of our club and turning people off I think.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 29, 2017, 8:04pm; Reply: 248

And you wonder why you were called vile, to continually berate someone for being dyslexic is without a shadow of a doubt VILE.

I think Pete is the one being berated by you - my 'sish' (Fishy?) mates' were ALL described as 'vile' by Fenty - totally uncalled for and over the top. 'Live' would have been much nicer
Posted by: Ipswin, November 29, 2017, 8:09pm; Reply: 249
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I'll ask my daughter as she was directly involved, unlike many of the people who feel so passionate about it.

And I totally understand that, hopefully you will therefore understand why Peter and I (plus other Fishy 'mates') who are directly involved might feel anger and distress at being termed vile. I assure you that my PM to Fenty (which I can't publish) contained nothing 'vile'. P!ss taking yes, critical yes but not vile. Fenty over-reacted (as usual)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 29, 2017, 8:18pm; Reply: 250
Quoted from Ipswin

And I totally understand that, hopefully you will therefore understand why Peter and I (plus other Fishy 'mates') who are directly involved might feel anger and distress at being termed vile. I assure you that my PM to Fenty (which I can't publish) contained nothing 'vile'. P!ss taking yes, critical yes but not vile. Fenty over-reacted (as usual)

Yeah get all the personal digs stuff mate, it's not right to be honest. Like I said on another thread if the supporters start to ignore what they do (or don't do) and  continue to get behind the team and direct energy to support the Trust etc..  the incompetence, apathy and ignorance of the likes of Marley will be exposed very quickly - The moral high ground is a great place to be.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 29, 2017, 8:20pm; Reply: 251
I think there’s got to be a bit of give on both sides Herts for ‘it’ to work. It being the rebuilding of the relationship. It’s a complex issue and forums like last night are not the right format for doing that. I think we need Martti Ahtissaari or at least Relate (I felt myself thinking the same sort of things I did about my ex-wife when JF was talking about Deangate  ;) ).
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 29, 2017, 9:08pm; Reply: 252
Quoted from Ipswin

It could be worse he could have called you a nasty piece of work behind your back and you wouldn't know about it until someone told you.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 29, 2017, 9:12pm; Reply: 253
I think there’s got to be a bit of give on both sides Herts for ‘it’ to work. It being the rebuilding of the relationship. It’s a complex issue and forums like last night are not the right format for doing that. I think we need Martti Ahtissaari or at least Relate (I felt myself thinking the same sort of things I did about my ex-wife when JF was talking about Deangate  ;) ).

Agree fully KM and you post made me smile a but too :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 29, 2017, 9:20pm; Reply: 254
Quoted from Marinerz93

It could be worse he could have called you a nasty piece of work behind your back and you wouldn't know about it until someone told you.

;D ;D
Posted by: sonik, November 29, 2017, 9:22pm; Reply: 255
Quoted from grimsby pete

;D ;D

Is that a bump Pete?
Posted by: Vance Warner, November 29, 2017, 9:34pm; Reply: 256
I agree it's time for a couple of posters to take a step back; it's becoming all about them and taking away from bigger issues. Can't see a way forward from our current situation but playground name calling isn't going to help.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 30, 2017, 6:14pm; Reply: 257
Today Swin and Pete. Tomorrow any of us Vance.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 30, 2017, 6:51pm; Reply: 258
This seems to have become personal between the board and a handful of posters on both sides It's time to call a truce and concentrate on the team.

Going round in circles blaming each other is boring and counterproductive.

Can't wait to get back to watching the team to be honest.

I'm fed up with hearing all this bickering now.

The team was just starting to play better all round I would rather see we can keep building on this.

ROLL ON Dec 9th UTM.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 30, 2017, 7:46pm; Reply: 259
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
This seems to have become personal between the board and a handful of posters on both sides It's time to call a truce and concentrate on the team.

Going round in circles blaming each other is boring and counterproductive.

Can't wait to get back to watching the team to be honest.

I'm fed up with hearing all this bickering now.

The team was just starting to play better all round I would rather see we can keep building on this.

ROLL ON Dec 9th UTM.

Trust me plenty of my mates who aren't on here are fed up to the back teeth of how poorly our club is run
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 30, 2017, 7:53pm; Reply: 260
If we all step back we'll see the Fishy is a message board and not a consultative body, the sooner JF and some posters realize that the quicker we can move on.  
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 1:31pm