Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, October 30, 2017, 5:50am
Please enter your nomination for last week....
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 30, 2017, 6:52am; Reply: 1
Stevenage FC.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 30, 2017, 7:17am; Reply: 2
Stevenage fans.
Posted by: denni266, October 30, 2017, 7:17am; Reply: 3
John Fenty for not coming out and backing the fans over the stevanage perverts
Posted by: Bigdog, October 30, 2017, 7:18am; Reply: 4
Heroes of the week are definitely the Trust with their swift and coherent response to the EFL whitewash.

Twit.. I'm sorry it has to be John Fenty.

So fans of the club he controls have been seriously mistreated by stewards of another club and the EFL have swept it under the carpet. Not even a murmur of outrage, not even a whisper of support. Talk about lack of leadership, talk about not having courage of conviction. Are our female supporters and upset young fans not important enough to speak out against a not fit for purpose EFL that he buddies up to for a few extra quid?

It's not just the Trust that have a duty of care to GTFC fans, it's also the club. Why should the argument be one or the other? It should be both. Both should care enough. Where is GTFC's and JF's conscience and humanity?

After five days of silence, I'm sorry, I'm now finding it outrageous.
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 30, 2017, 7:42am; Reply: 5
EFL
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 30, 2017, 7:50am; Reply: 6
Trump for releasing the JFK files and reminding any fornicator with a grudge that it's o.k. to take pot shots at people about issues that don't directly impact them and they can't control.
Posted by: Grim74, October 30, 2017, 7:53am; Reply: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Trump for releasing the JFK files and reminding any fornicator with a grudge that it's o.k. to take pot shots at people about issues that don't directly impact them and they can't control.

If he didn't release them people would still female dog, he can't win haters will always hate😕
Posted by: Grim74, October 30, 2017, 7:58am; Reply: 8
Moheem Ali
if wasn't for our brave war heroes many who have sacrificed their lives, he'd be herding goats up a mountain in Pakistan right now.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 30, 2017, 8:02am; Reply: 9
Bands in stands
Stevenage football 'club'
Premier league money

Take your pic
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 30, 2017, 8:35am; Reply: 10

The EFL
Posted by: friskneymariner, October 30, 2017, 9:43am; Reply: 11
Poppy fascists our servicemen fought and died for freedom of speech and that includes the right not to wear a poppy,the majority of presenters only wear them as a token,I do not need a poppy to remind me of our fallen comrades I remember them everyday.
Posted by: MarinerBen, October 30, 2017, 9:57am; Reply: 12
Maybe me for being naive? After many years of reading and barely posting on this board I’ve not seen a single profanity. Until now, it’s only just clicked...

female dog
intercourse
male masturbator
girl private
balderdash
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 30, 2017, 10:00am; Reply: 13
The person who made the corbyn Grimsby Town stickers,nominated for the next 200 twit of the weeks.
Posted by: barralad, October 30, 2017, 10:05am; Reply: 14
Shaun Harvey and the EFL. The complete whitewash does nothing to stop other clubs from adopting the same sort of control methods.
Posted by: barralad, October 30, 2017, 10:06am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
The person who made the corbyn Grimsby Town stickers,nominated for the next 200 twit of the weeks.

Well you are nothing if not entirely predictable ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 30, 2017, 10:13am; Reply: 16
Quoted from barralad

Well you are nothing if not entirely predictable ;D ;D ;D

Saves me opening the thread 😉
Posted by: AdamHaddock, October 30, 2017, 10:19am; Reply: 17
Anyone who goes to a restaurant five minutes before closing time
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 30, 2017, 10:32am; Reply: 18
The EFL and all those who are prevailing the whitewash
Posted by: LH, October 30, 2017, 10:36am; Reply: 19
The poppy police.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 30, 2017, 10:45am; Reply: 20
The Football League.

(Not the ‘EFL’)
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 30, 2017, 12:26pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Grim74
Moheem Ali
if wasn't for our brave war heroes many who have sacrificed their lives, he'd be herding goats up a mountain in Pakistan right now.

If it wasn't for our brave war heroes, he wouldn't have the right not to wear a poppy.

Whilst based in London I quite frequently had to visit MOD Main Building and also the Old War Office. Both usually had some peace protestors outside. Sometimes very vocal, sometimes not.
Our brief was to ignore them totally. This was adhered to 99% of the time.  However, on the odd occasion (and making sure there were no press about), I transgressed.

I would politely put it to the protestors that their very existence justified my job and that them being there made me feel appreciated.  I would be polite and patronising, which normally had the desired effect of them getting all worked up, shouting 'not in my name' etc etc. But the irony is that I also believe that what I was saying was true. So when we see the likes of Ali, etc declining to wear the Poppy, use the energy to thank those that did make sacrifices, not to have a go at people with different beliefs to ourselves. And whilst we may not agree with such people, the fact that they have that right is what we should be proud of.  
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, October 30, 2017, 12:35pm; Reply: 22
The EFL.
Posted by: friskneymariner, October 30, 2017, 1:10pm; Reply: 23
It is those in the M.O.D. that are the biggest threat to our forces.How many of our ex service men suffer mental health problems and even kill themselves due to their lack of care,far more than those who are killed on the battlefield.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 30, 2017, 2:01pm; Reply: 24
Think I read somewhere that the death toll from suicide since the Falklands was bigger than the number actually killed in the war itself.
Posted by: TAGG, October 30, 2017, 10:48pm; Reply: 25
Shaun Harvey and his pal getyourfactsright
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 2:04am