Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 28, 2017, 2:21pm

The wind is really getting up at the moment.  :)
Posted by: Fat Cobra, October 28, 2017, 2:22pm; Reply: 1
It'll be a good point
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 28, 2017, 2:26pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from promotion plaice

The wind is really getting up at the moment.  :)

Better kick with it in the 1st half then just in case. ;)
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, October 28, 2017, 2:27pm; Reply: 3
Team remains the same again.
Posted by: forza ivano, October 28, 2017, 3:10pm; Reply: 4
Adi yusuf scores for barrow.scunts 1 up
Posted by: Abdul19, October 28, 2017, 3:12pm; Reply: 5
Anyone else punch the air thinking Jones' shot had gone in?
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 28, 2017, 3:37pm; Reply: 6

The drummers are giving it their all in the Pontoon.
Posted by: forza ivano, October 28, 2017, 3:44pm; Reply: 7
Ado yusuf scores his and barrows second
Posted by: TAGG, October 28, 2017, 3:45pm; Reply: 8
Last25 has been so fookin boring no wonder no ones here.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 28, 2017, 3:45pm; Reply: 9
Quietest match thread since last Saturday.
Posted by: MarinerBen, October 28, 2017, 3:52pm; Reply: 10
Blame the away goal keeper for wasting time in the first half!
Posted by: blundellpork, October 28, 2017, 3:53pm; Reply: 11
Their keeper has been wasting time since the first minute. The ref should have booked him by now.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, October 28, 2017, 3:54pm; Reply: 12
Positive start and Jones was unlucky to hit inside of post, two good further chances, goalie making fine saving, although they had the best chance missing a sitter in the 6 yard box...wind not helping, but probably the best I've seen at home this season, need to keep it on the deck and keep feeding Dembele, who was again is the best player on the pitch...UTM
Posted by: Hagrid, October 28, 2017, 4:20pm; Reply: 13
How we playing? Missed the game today, we creating much?
Posted by: TAGG, October 28, 2017, 4:22pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Positive start and Jones was unlucky to hit inside of post, two good further chances, goalie making fine saving, although they had the best chance missing a sitter in the 6 yard box...wind not helping, but probably the best I've seen at home this season, need to keep it on the deck and keep feeding Dembele, who was again is the best player on the pitch...UTM

Whatttttttt
Its excrement.
Dembele has no end product what so ever.
Slade mark 2 is just as flipping boring as Slade 1
If it was as good as you say people would be flooding through the gates and their not.
BTW Davis by far our best player today
Posted by: forza ivano, October 28, 2017, 4:26pm; Reply: 15
Kayden Jackson gets accringtons 4th whilst yussuff gets his hat trick
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 28, 2017, 4:33pm; Reply: 16
Town a bit under the cosh at the minute...McKeown makes a great save then one of our players clears off the line. didn't see who it was.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, October 28, 2017, 4:37pm; Reply: 17
TAGG you think this is excrement you haven't been to Blundell park much this season!...I didn't say that Slade was the answer i was just comparing today against previous home performances...Dembele has been by far the best player....engage your brain before spouting utter rubbish...UTM
Posted by: forza ivano, October 28, 2017, 4:39pm; Reply: 18
Gary harkins gets  mortons equaliser from the penalty spot. Bottom 2 Chesterfield n morecambe both losing so as it stands we are another point clear of relegation :)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 28, 2017, 4:39pm; Reply: 19
4091 attendence 214 from Cambridhe
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 28, 2017, 4:46pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Hagrid
How we playing? Missed the game today, we creating much?

The second half has been absolute excrement
Posted by: TAGG, October 28, 2017, 5:16pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Grimbiggs
TAGG you think this is excrement you haven't been to Blundell park much this season!...I didn't say that Slade was the answer i was just comparing today against previous home performances...Dembele has been by far the best player....engage your brain before spouting utter rubbish...UTM

Sounds like your saying that im inferring that Dembeli is excrement.
Well im not, yes hes had a good game but if running  about giving it 100% is the criteria for MOM then okay but I dont.
All im saying is that he has very little end product.
Im a season ticket holder so watch plenty of games. If that today was satisfactory for you on the basis that it was a bit better than the last game then god help us.
Posted by: Reverendmariner, October 28, 2017, 5:22pm; Reply: 22
I think we forget sometimes that Dembele is on a learning curve. He's very young, inexperienced, and  learning all the time, and will be an even more effective player at the end of the season.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, October 28, 2017, 5:54pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from TAGG

Sounds like your saying that im inferring that Dembeli is excrement.
Well im not, yes hes had a good game but if running  about giving it 100% is the criteria for MOM then okay but I dont.
All im saying is that he has very little end product.
Im a season ticket holder so watch plenty of games. If that today was satisfactory for you on the basis that it was a bit better than the last game then god help us.

Whether I think it is satisfactory is immaterial, we all know what Slade is all about, and the tactics he employs.  Dembele is the only bright spark in a very average side, being our only creative output, he;s having to beat two or three men every time, with very little support. Whilst we're still getting results, the personnel and tactics Slade employs is unlikely to change, so I'd get used to it.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 28, 2017, 6:34pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from arryarryarry

The second half has been absolute excrement

Could be because the wind is so strong most clearances are coming back with interest our defence have had their work cutout against a team of absolute giants second half and deserve some credit for that.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 29, 2017, 7:34am; Reply: 25
I thought Clarke was immense at the back against the beast Summerfield put in another superb display and tryed to getting Dembele in as much as he could.

Considering the size of our squad nobody can label Slade as Mr Tinkerman something Hurst was often accused of.

He as quality options on the bench but seems frightened to use them.

D.J. should have been used first change for Woolford. Jones should have stayed on and  Tombola or Cardwell used to give us some strength and pace up front.

At some point Slade you need to take the gamble we need to find that winning formula.
Posted by: golfer, October 29, 2017, 10:08am; Reply: 26
Do you think Slade likes Bolarinwa ?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 29, 2017, 10:45am; Reply: 27
As Mrs Doyle says Slade does have options in the squad but appears to not want to break away from what he sees as “tried & trusted” in terms of shape and selection rather than not “liking” any particular player.

Something may have to give though as we face some tough games in the next 2 months and “keeping us shspe” and soaking up pressure may not be an option versus the likes of Luton, Swindon and Exeter, attack might be the best form of defence and despite Cheltenham A  based up the current selection we need to be better in that department.
Posted by: Garth, October 29, 2017, 2:05pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from golfer

Do you?
Posted by: golfer, October 29, 2017, 6:10pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Garth

Do you?

Do I what ?  If you mean do I think Slade likes Bolly, the answer is no. If you mean ,do I like Bolly, the answer is yes. Our left wing is a big problem. I notice that our 2 wingers interchange moreorless every game but to no avail as our left winger is not very successful wherever he plays If he was replaced by Bolly we would be guaranteed a bigger chance of success.I do not understand why Slade keeps on with the same player who has failed to impress in just about every game. With Bolly's speed we would be a threat on either wing. At the moment we are so predictable.I like to watch a bit of the unexpected now and again.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 29, 2017, 6:44pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from golfer

Who does? He should have chosen athletics as a career. The ball seems a foreign body to him.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 29, 2017, 8:31pm; Reply: 31

Who does? He should have chosen athletics as a career. The ball seems a foreign body to him.

Rubbish watch him bang the goals in if he gets a decent run somewhere.

Posted by: arryarryarry, October 29, 2017, 8:39pm; Reply: 32

Says the clown who had a dig at someone having a moan on the just back thread..
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 29, 2017, 8:51pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from arryarryarry

Says the clown who had a dig at someone having a moan on the just back thread..

Oh intercourse off
Posted by: Davec, October 29, 2017, 9:00pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Rubbish watch him bang the goals in if he gets a decent run somewhere.

I do quite like Bolarinwa and his pace is a threat but i think it's outlandish to suggest he'll bang the goals in if he is given a run in the team, he's not a goalscorer.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 29, 2017, 9:15pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Davec

I do quite like Bolarinwa and his pace is a threat but i think it's outlandish to suggest he'll bang the goals in if he is given a run in the team, he's not a goalscorer.

He played through the middle at Suttton and scored a few. The problem we have is that at the moment on Summerfield appears capable of putting balls into channels, when Osborne come back that may change.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 30, 2017, 3:11am; Reply: 36

Oh intercourse off

Charmed I'm sure.

Hope you've done your homework as teacher wont be impressed if you haven't.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 30, 2017, 5:08am; Reply: 37
To suggest he should have chosen athletics an the ball is a foreign body to him was harsh he does cause problems for defences and won us more than one penalty. The shop wasn't the most prolific finisher but he was sure good at doing other stuff like wining balls laying stuff on and assists.I think Slade is missing a trick not using him or Cardwell both have pace,height,strength and determination.
Posted by: Maringer, October 30, 2017, 7:47am; Reply: 38
I think Bolarinwa has the pace and aggressive running that the rest of the squad lacks and, though I wouldn't necessarily say he should be starting games, he'd be a good option to bring off the bench. On Saturday we had Jaiyesimi and Kelly as the wingers on the bench. Can't help but think that Bolarinwa would have been a better option instead of Kelly, but it seems Slade is always going to pick his own signing over Bolarinwa.

I'd imagine we'll be seeing Bolarinwa moved on somewhere after Christmas, probably dropping down a division.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:02am